2016/07 July babies

I have cravings for duck noodles these days, have been eating it quite a few times the past two weeks. Today my colleague commented that to be safe during the first trimester I should have avoided duck noodles and the soup since hawkers usually uses herbs to cook it. That got me worried, is it true that it should be avoided?

Hi Mummies to be,

I am a mother of 2 boys and now expecting a 3rd one. Praying hard it will be a girl keke...
EDD is mid July but according to my past record, i am always 2~4 wks earlier so might be early July. My doc is Dr Adrian and I have went for my 1st appt with him already.

I have started being SAHM this year. Anyone a SAHM also?

Last edited:
Did most of your gynae prescribed you all calcium pills? What dosage is it?

I've seen my gynae but he didn't mention anything about calcium pills, I wonder if I should get some.
yup, my gynae gave me calcium pills too. saw her at 5.5 weeks

@Jehvy It's ok if you did not drink milk daily. The most important thing is being happy and comfortable. Eating different food makes me happy and the nutrients vary each day. Even edamame is also source of calcium. Can eat duck rice and drink herbal soup as long as you do not eat everyday or every few days. My friend even drank alcohol at 1st tri but like 1-2 glasses and her hubby is a doctor.
Just avoid uncooked food or food/fruits left out for long period of time.

I have not decided. Plan either Mt A or TMC. But I think Mt A cheaper. On e other hand I'm thinking if Kkh private rate is it about e same as mt A. Cuz I know subsidized pt will.not get to see e same doctor all e time n May have longer waiting time. I think e different is e room charges. Consult etc maybe about e same rate. What do you all think?

I might be going to tmc because my gynae only delivers there. My hubby prefers mt A though cus he was born there. I think kkh private is around the same as mt a /tmc. The consultation rate for kkh subsidized will def be lower than kk private.

Hi Mummies to be,

I am a mother of 2 boys and now expecting a 3rd one. Praying hard it will be a girl keke...
EDD is mid July but according to my past record, i am always 2~4 wks earlier so might be early July. My doc is Dr Adrian and I have went for my 1st appt with him already.

I have started being SAHM this year. Anyone a SAHM also?

Hi Alleb, I am a sahm too. I have two older girls and a younger boy and expecting my fourth one .

Hi Yumsoup

Her consultation is $100 per trip.
there will be scan, urine test, sterility fees that will add up to about $95.
Her package only available after 1st trimester, cant remember exactly when. I also forgot what is her package fee already.

Kk thanks! I will call up see can book an appt with her not.. :)

My previous gynae (Glenagles) no longer has package.. And she has increased all pricings.. Too ex already.. Now I'm looking for gynae at TMC.. Hehe

Our first choice is always KKH due to its comprehensive delivery facilities (I feel I need that due to my age). But my gynae only delivers at GlenE. We will make decision later if want to stick to the same gynae/GlenE or switch doc to KKH. Still have a few works to think it through.

Hi All

My EDD 27 May 2016 - i have 2 strips of Folic Acid - from NUH. If mummy who need it, self collect from West side :) FOC don't worry. Pls PM, tks

Hi Alleb, I am a sahm too. I have two older girls and a younger boy and expecting my fourth one .

Hi Himawari,
Nice to hear from u.
Wow, 4th one! That will be quite a handful to manage. I am already very stress out how to handle when my 3rd one comes out. Hahahaha.. Mine is not planned.

Anyone knows if we can eat durians?

When i had my 1st and 2nd, gynae told me to eat durian as my baby is not big enough. I am those very skinny type.
For my 1st one, i only ate like 3 times. For my 2nd one, I ate more and my baby come out to have eczema. Later on, i learnt from an article that if the mother has history of eczema and eat durian when preg, the baby might have eczema too. My 2nd boy now is 3yrs old and still having eczema on and off.
But well, no choice, more impt is baby must be healthy and big enough. This pregnancy i will have to try and eat more food and not rely on durian if possible. But very difficult... imagine i am weigh only 44kg inclusive of my 8mth baby....

@Jehvy It's ok if you did not drink milk daily. The most important thing is being happy and comfortable. Eating different food makes me happy and the nutrients vary each day. Even edamame is also source of calcium. Can eat duck rice and drink herbal soup as long as you do not eat everyday or every few days. My friend even drank alcohol at 1st tri but like 1-2 glasses and her hubby is a doctor.
Just avoid uncooked food or food/fruits left out for long period of time.

Okay, got it. Haha, nowadays I crave more for fast food like fries etc. It is hard to eat healthy, lose appetite when I see fish and vegetables.

Oh oh the nausea is setting in slowly. Today was a bit more worse than yesterday.

I've set up a July Babies 2016 group in Facebook (SECRET GROUP)....message me your email address if you wanna join in!

Hi all,
I've just went for my second checkup yesterday and am at 8 weeks now. EDD 7 July 2016. First time mummy too. :)
I'm interested in joining the FB group as well. [email protected]

Thanks!!

@lov3s and allleb, I am craving for sinful durian puffs...

Then go settle ur cravings then ;)
As long as in moderate amount should be fine. I hope i have the appetite like you, i totally dun have any craving or urge to eat.. every meal i have to crack my head to think what to eat...

Then go settle ur cravings then ;)
As long as in moderate amount should be fine. I hope i have the appetite like you, i totally dun have any craving or urge to eat.. every meal i have to crack my head to think what to eat...

Hahha. I dont have much appetite too. Similarly I spend most of my waking hours thinking of what I can eat so that stomach can be filled and yet I won't vomit. Right now, I can only stomach blend carbs, desserts or fruits. No Veg nor meat nor eggs.

Hahha. I dont have much appetite too. Similarly I spend most of my waking hours thinking of what I can eat so that stomach can be filled and yet I won't vomit. Right now, I can only stomach blend carbs, desserts or fruits. No Veg nor meat nor eggs.
im almost the opposite. suddenly dont feel like eating fruits and desserts (although i normally have a very big sweet tooth), craving for eggs and rice and spicy food!

Just seen gynae.

Asked about harmony test and he prefers to have it done at 12weeks. So will wait 4 more weeks.

Hi Himawari,
Nice to hear from u.
Wow, 4th one! That will be quite a handful to manage. I am already very stress out how to handle when my 3rd one comes out. Hahahaha.. Mine is not planned.

My 3rd is also unplanned . Caught me off guard completely . And that's while we were I the midst of moving house. We gotta move at 34wks pregnant . Now the oldest are 8,5 and 2plus. So all are managable and my two older girls are pretty much on their own. The fourth is completely not in the radar as I have thrown away all my baby supplies from cot to pump to strollers . Now I gotta source fr handmedown if all is well by next year.

Hopefully you ll get your girl this times .

What is harmony test? The blood test for down syndrome?
I believe there are different terms but Harmony test is most commonly used. Yes it's for DS test at 99% accuracy. Similar to OSCAR but more accurate. Just blood test to be done and it also includes gender detection.

Okay, got it. Haha, nowadays I crave more for fast food like fries etc. It is hard to eat healthy, lose appetite when I see fish and vegetables.

Hu Jevy, me too! I find the smell of McD fries soooo comforting. Healthy steamed or boiled fish leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

May I know if you ladies are eating fish and what kind? Is batang (makeral) safe? I think batang is the more common fish that fish soup hawkers use.

From what i know, the Group B Streptococcus (GBS) (serotype III and ST-283) are found in Song Fish and Toman Fish at porridge stalls. Some tilapia could also contain these strains. Batang should be alright. But i am avoiding all types of fish and sashimi for the time being because we never know what type of fish the hawkers sell.

Just to add on :

"Between August and last month, nearly 400 fish samples across the supply chain, from fishery ports to wet markets and food outlets, were tested. GBS was detected in a fifth of the samples, and 4.1 per cent of total samples tested positive for ST283. Song fish (Asian bighead carp), toman fish (snakehead) and tilapia, all freshwater species, were the ones which tested positive for ST283. The authorities stressed that most fish sold in wet markets or at fishery ports are intended for cooking and should not be eaten raw, as they could carry a number of parasites or bacteria."

- See more at: http://www.gov.sg/news/content/the-...-selling-raw-fish-dishes#sthash.gVP3WQ0y.dpuf

I've seen my gynae at 7 weeks plus, next appt at 12 weeks. I do get paranoid frequently too because I don't have much symptoms, sometimes I am afraid if the baby is still in there. I would check for blood stains when I go to the bathroom all the time. My hb think I am over-thinking it and I should be lucky that I don't have much symptoms now at coming end of week 8.

I am looking forward to my next appointment to get some reassurance again.
Hi babe think I m exactly like u too. Although I have symptoms, due to my first MC , I m super paranoid ....always checking in the toilet. Think it's only normal

Hello mummies..

If u are having fever, we should consult GP or gynea is better?
I prefer to only see my gynae if fallen sick. In fact this morning I've seen him and am currently having a flu and he has prescribed me medicine which is pregnancy-safe.

@Benjazzy @redvel thanks for the advice. Will go and see gynae if I didn't get better tml.

Anyway does any mummies feel any thing like smth pulling ur stomach? I do know how to describe the feeling but feel damn uncomfortable.

@Benjazzy @redvel thanks for the advice. Will go and see gynae if I didn't get better tml.

Anyway does any mummies feel any thing like smth pulling ur stomach? I do know how to describe the feeling but feel damn uncomfortable.

Yes I know exactly what u mean! Sometimes when I sit on the sofa to watch TV for a period of time and suddenly stand up.. will feel the pull.

I have had complications before so this doc says he wants to watch me closely like a hawk (quoting him word for word). After first trime the interval will not be so short.

I'm looking forward to time flashing past with all the tests to be done. I just hope these 40 weeks is over quickly. The NT scan is fun. That's the time you'll spend a lot of time seeing your bb on the screen.

@redvel hope this trying period would go smoothly for you and for your pregnancy to be stable soon!

Anyone still actively exercising? Am kind of sad that I have to stop running .....now resort to just walking...stop swimming as it gets me really dark sigh..... Now just wanna have a bowl of vinegar to counter the nauseous-ness

@Mag23 r u excited to see bb tmr? :) Do update us after ur visit.

@JAPL @Mag23 I'm staying at sengkang too! which hospital will u be delivering at?
Hi, I have seen the gynae. Only saw sac but doc cnt figure.out.if e fetal pole is there. Have to go back in 2 weeks to scan again. I'm 6weeks Now based On ovulation date, doc estimate from scan.Is.about 5 weeks. I told him I have got.cramps.On.and.off but.no bleeding. He.wan me to.be careful in.case of.miscarriage. I hope everything will be ok. As my.work is a bit hectic plus I need to do overtime twice a week, I'm worried. I'm given hormones pill and folic acid for 2 weeks. Total.cost is $159 w consult n scan.

@Benjazzy I stopped all exercise as per instructed by doc. No swimming too in case of bacteria in water. When things are more stable at 2nd trime, I will resume my yoga and swimming.

Today I woke up feeling quite good. Ate quite a fair bit this morning. Your nausea will pass soon too.

@JAPL 5weeks may be too early to spot anything and especially if the machine is not high resolution. Rest is best for you now. 2 weeks will come soon.

Hi, I have seen the gynae. Only saw sac but doc cnt figure.out.if e fetal pole is there. Have to go back in 2 weeks to scan again. I'm 6weeks Now based On ovulation date, doc estimate from scan.Is.about 5 weeks. I told him I have got.cramps.On.and.off but.no bleeding. He.wan me to.be careful in.case of.miscarriage. I hope everything will be ok. As my.work is a bit hectic plus I need to do overtime twice a week, I'm worried. I'm given hormones pill and folic acid for 2 weeks. Total.cost is $159 w consult n scan.

Maybe u implanted late. Try to rest more and go home on time. Perhaps u might want to inform your immediate supervisor so that he or she can reduce your work load. I read that cramps r normal as the uterus is expanding. I have a bit of cramps on n off too. Take care!

Back