Children's Dentist

Just came back from GPA Dentist at United Sq. I am happy with their service. My 4yr old son needs a total of filling of 8 teeth because of decay. The doctor was very very patient. He insisted to do 2 teeth filling for my son cos my son's was not co-operative at first. But after 2 teeth done, I suggest to the dentist to do another 2 and he asked my son's if he is willing to go thru it. And he did all four and I think he took almost 1.5hrs cos he explained to my son and trying to coax him. Very patient! Thank god I chose Pediatric Dentist rather than normal dentist cos I heard normal dentist just don't know how to deal with kid's dental probs.

Before this, I had made appt at Kid's dentist but the dr. is on holiday and my confirmed appt was on 31st Jan 2013! I am not willing and crazy enough to wait so long for an appt. So thank god, found out abt GPA. Compared to Kid's Dentist at Camden, their fees are much cheaper. Kid's clinic $90 consultation. Goodness... their consultation cost the same amt as an adult teeth cleaning!

Hi mummies

My DS saw visited GPA United Sq, Dr MerryAnne (hope I got her name correct) and she was very patient and sincere.

My DS 1st permanent tooth was half way out and baby tooth loosen but didn't drop out.

After waited and attempted to loosen it for 1-2weeks, it doesn't work so we decided to see a dentist.
She is very honest and guided us the technique to loosen it instead of extracting it as this is more stressful for kid.

She loosen it a little more and told us it should be out in few days time if we continue to loosen it next few days.
Indeed it dropped out just after 3days or so.

Fee is reasonable to me as my kid suffer no distress from his first dentist visit.

The same thing happend to his 2nd permanent tooth and we do not even need to visit dentist again since we know what to do this time round.

Another thing to mention is that I have 2 more younger toddlers with me whom they allow me to bring into the room and was not bothered by them walking and touching around inside!

Thumbs up;)

Hi all
Thinking of brining my 3yo son to gpa at united square. May I know which dentist shd I go for?
I read dr Jason, dr merry anne.
Consultant fee is$35
Polishing $70
Am I right?
Can use cda acc ?
Tks

Hi , saw a lot of good feedbacks for gpa united square dentist., any recommendation of which dentist to book appt ? Or all the dentist there is gd ?

Hi all mummies

Just want to share my experience with a clinic that has Paediatric Dentistry - Pure Dental @Tampines street 11.

I just went to this clinic for my regular check-up. Wanted to try them as they are near to my place and they do kids' dentistry too. So i thought 'thats good, then me & my DS can go together', but alas, its a mistake!

I went first for my check and while filling up the gap in my residing gum, this doctor - Dr Lianny Tjoa, cut my skin! And she only stopped after i gestured twice with my hand that its painful. She didnt even (dare) to tell me, but juz asked me to feel with my tongue if there is anything rough in the mouth. I felt the wound and its painful. I asked 'is it a cut?'. She then admitted and said in a care-less tone that 'yes lah, i accidentally cut it while polishing for you....but your lips are really tight lah....(i remined silent and cursing in my heart) She sensed it and said 'ok lah, let me show you where it is.....its like an ulcer lah, it will healed in a weeks time, sorry huh'.

Nothing was offered to be put on the wound, till i asked if they can put an antiseptic cream for me.

So is it my fault that i didnt relax my lips for her to do her job and she has to force it through?

Lesson learnt: 1) Only used experienced dentist. 2) Only used experienced dentist that i have tried it myself, to be used on my kids.

I thank my god that my DS didnt start the treatment before me, and it will never!

Hi chubbycheeks,
i think the dentist is horrible, not even apologetic about the mishap.
Yeah true, if she is not meticulous to do for adults, how does she has the patience for kids ?
I guess she is inexperienced.
Hope you are feeling better now about the wound.
happy.gif

Cheer up!

Just went GPa at united square on good friday with my 5 yrs daughter Chloe who had 6 teeth decay and she started to complain pain now and then.

Overall experience is good, Chloe was scared since this's her visit. But the doc chatted with her explaining what to expect before every procedures which kind of clam her now and let the doc did his stuff. Coupled with the fun sun glass and Hi5 show showing infront of the chair, she seems to at ease.

Total cost
Consu: $35
Clean n Polish: $100
Fluoride application: $50
Filling for 4 tooth: $400
With GST: $625 (shocking for my husband when he paid the bill)

Hi i went to GPA united square td after reading reviews here that the dentist there r gd w kids,
My gal saw merry anne,

I was told to do a root canal for my gal as she hv a pus on her gums n 4 rotten tooth.
I didnt proceed w root canal but td we did cleaning n filled up 4 tooth ,

Total bill is $556, though ex, i am v satified w e dentist she is v patient n caring n gd at coaxing kids
Any mommies here did root canal for their kids can share w me, is it v painful for e kids?

I bought my son (5yrs) to GDA united square today for his first visit. Truly i was not very please with Dr Park. I wanted her to show my son how to brush his teeth and she did not do it, because her next client is waiting. Think she is not that patient also. Nothing great about the kiddy room also.
Thinking of changing to another clinic. But is dr jason n Dr anne really good? Then i may give it another chance.

Hi... Juz to chk with the mummies here... May I know how do u know that your kid has tooth decay? Will there definitely be pain 1st? I have never brought my 5 year old son to e dentist, so I am worried that he might have tooth decay but its just that I didn't discover...

Thks
happy.gif

Hi! Took the recommendation of the mummies here and brought my boy to GPA at united square. Dentist who saw my boy was dr jd tan. I was surprised the appt could be fixed on the same day actually but since my boy was so keen to see a dentist and having a toothache, so thought will just take the slot given.
I think the set up was nice. Comfy and non threatening for my 5 year old. He was pretty nervous at first but the dentist was nice and treated him as an individual and addressed him personally, talked to him and asked him questions rather than via mummy. I thought that was really thoughtful. The dentist also explained to my boy every step of the way. Like how the dental chair works, how the cotton feels, how the suction and spray feels and works.... All the explanations really helped him a lot with his fears. The dentist also took pictures of his molars to show him the cavities but explained in a way children can understand. Oh ya... The screening of the kiddy show helped as well! All in all, I am happy with the outcome of the consult and treatment. The price is definitely on the high side (close to $400!) but I think the first dental visit is very important as it goes a long way.
Thanks for the recommendation!

After reading some recommendations here, I have called n booked an appt for my kid at Sunshine Dental at woodlands civic plaza.

I am really impressed by the professionalism of the dentist on duty.. He took the time n trouble to explain n show us the areas to pay attention to. After the session, my child say he liked the dentist n wanted to go back n see him the next time.
Initially my child refused to have his tooth extracted, e dentist is able to coax him n remove it without him realizing it, it's a painless experience.

Thumbs up.

& parents can rest assured the kids are distracted with a cartoon played jus in front of them too. Interesting.

Quite disappointed with my visit to dr Elizabeth tan at mt E. Read her views online and thought she would be a good pediatric dentist for my boy after two scary visits to a normal dentist. She was also not very patient, scolding him halfway into the treatment when he felt pain. kept threatening to turn off his cartoon and all... So different from what she claimed she would do from what I read online.

And the charges were steep. $300 for just one filling done, not including consultation. gosh!

Is kind of ex for just one filling more over is just a child! How about the oral care dental? I've booked appt with them for myboy but no sure if is good. The doc name is Dr ong something forgotten the full name.

Hi all mummies

Just want to share my experience with a clinic that has Paediatric Dentistry - Pure Dental @tampines street 11.

I just went to this clinic for my regular check-up. Wanted to try them as they are near to my place and they do kids' dentistry too. So i thought 'thats good, then me & my DS can go together', but alas, its a mistake!

I went first for my check and while filling up the gap in my residing gum, this doctor - Dr Lianny Tjoa, cut my skin! And she only stopped after i gestured twice with my hand that its painful. She didnt even (dare) to tell me, but juz asked me to feel with my tongue if there is anything rough in the mouth. I felt the wound and its painful. I asked 'is it a cut?'. She then admitted and said in a care-less tone that 'yes lah, i accidentally cut it while polishing for you....but your lips are really tight lah....(i remined silent and cursing in my heart) She sensed it and said 'ok lah, let me show you where it is.....its like an ulcer lah, it will healed in a weeks time, sorry huh'.

Nothing was offered to be put on the wound, till i asked if they can put an antiseptic cream for me.

So is it my fault that i didnt relax my lips for her to do her job and she has to force it through?

Lesson learnt: 1) Only used experienced dentist. 2) Only used experienced dentist that i have tried it myself, to be used on my kids.

I thank my god that my DS didnt start the treatment before me, and it will never!

Totally agree with you! I just went there and I tot was near and convenient,is a mistake!! Please do not go to pure dental at tampines,they over charge and has very bad attitude,and hurt my gum too!it hurts so bad when she do the cleaning,I am not sure about her name,it was an Indian lady and not the Amanda which is r principal of this dental. Worst experience ever!!

Someone recommended Dr Rashid Tahir of The Kids Dentist to my wife.

BIG MISTAKE.

When my wife brought my son there, it was a most unpleasant experience. While he was not rude per se, he came across as cold and condescending, certainly not what you would expect of a dentist specializing in pediatric dentistry.

I certainly will NOT recommend him to anyone at all.

After reading some recommendations here, I have called n booked an appt for my kid at Sunshine Dental at woodlands civic plaza.

I am really impressed by the professionalism of the dentist on duty.. He took the time n trouble to explain n show us the areas to pay attention to. After the session, my child say he liked the dentist n wanted to go back n see him the next time.
Initially my child refused to have his tooth extracted, e dentist is able to coax him n remove it without him realizing it, it's a painless experience.

Thumbs up.

& parents can rest assured the kids are distracted with a cartoon played jus in front of them too. Interesting.

Hi

Do u still remember which is the dentist who is on duty? Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good kid's dentist with reasonable pricing near Toa Payoh area?
Appreciate for any recommendations. Thanks!

U can bring yr child to School Dental Centre at HPB. Call them to book appt first. It's cheap.

U can bring yr child to School Dental Centre at HPB. Call them to book appt first. It's cheap.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Possible to tell me more about this School Dental Centre? Will there be a specific dentist or it will be basing on random allotted appointment? All dentist are good? What's the difference between School Dental Centre & those at polyclinics? Hope you can share more details with me. Thanks!

Don't think polyclinic do for children. School dental ctr is for school going children. If the dental clinic in the school can't go certain procedure will also be referred there. U have to book an appt before u could go there. They don't take in walk-ins. Appt usually 3-4 months waiting time. If u do not know any dentist, just go for the common pool.Waiting time for the dentist is not long. They r very patient with kids. My 8 yrs old has been going there since 3. Now my 3 yrs old also goes there. Filling/cleaning starts from $9

Don't think polyclinic do for children. School dental ctr is for school going children. If the dental clinic in the school can't go certain procedure will also be referred there. U have to book an appt before u could go there. They don't take in walk-ins. Appt usually 3-4 months waiting time. If u do not know any dentist, just go for the common pool.Waiting time for the dentist is not long. They r very patient with kids. My 8 yrs old has been going there since 3. Now my 3 yrs old also goes there. Filling/cleaning starts from $9

Oh, did not know that polyclinic doesn't cater for children.
Wow, the waiting time was really very long so I guessed for urgent cases, we will still need to source for private dentists.
Thanks so much for sharing. Really appreciated.

I have a recommendation. Petite smile at 10 Sinaran Drive #11-18, is very good. Even my most naughty son is tame by the very capable dentist. Prices are reasonable too.

Hi
You can check out Smile group. They have several outlets. For young children they have some hygienists who are very good with younger kids. My boy went and I paid $60 approx for the scaling and polishing.
You can check with them.

Back