Your Delivery Charges For Doctors...

JV Ong

Hi there all Moms-to-be,

Can I know what is your doctor's delivery charge or on an average?
Want to see the price differences between private gynae and those with hospital. And of cause,if the skills/experiences differ a lot..

My current gynae charge $2800 for his normal/vaginal delivery charges. Excluding the daily visit etc charges.
I think it is a bit high as I see people telling me their's is less then $2000.. so now I am having 2nd thoughts in sticking to my current gynae..

Thanks!

Hi JV Ong, my pte gynae at Orchard also charges about the same as yours. This is my #2 (due next year) and I have been told his charges had gone up $600 from 2013 when I had my #1 for each delivery method. Previously I delivered via Csect , cost me $3400 then, next year it will be $4000 but my gynae promised to give a discount of $400 as I am a repeat patient. I also have been told it is on the high side by friends but I am lazy to go seeking another gynae since the current one already has my records.

How much were you charged when you delivered previously?

Hi JV Ong, my pte gynae at Orchard also charges about the same as yours. This is my #2 (due next year) and I have been told his charges had gone up $600 from 2013 when I had my #1 for each delivery method. Previously I delivered via Csect , cost me $3400 then, next year it will be $4000 but my gynae promised to give a discount of $400 as I am a repeat patient. I also have been told it is on the high side by friends but I am lazy to go seeking another gynae since the current one already has my records.

How much were you charged when you delivered previously?

Hi Jog,
But your charge of $4000 is for C-section right? Is the natural delivery around $2800 too?
It is actually my first birth so I am not too sure about the charges. And I am thinking if I should go for the doctors that are attached with the hospitals, like thomson,mount E novena etc. (hoping it is cheaper)
My gynae is also a private gynae.

Yes JV Ong, natural without assistance is around $2800 now for my gynae. C sect with him $4000 for first time patients. Actually if they are private gynaes, they are usually free to go to any private hospitals but most have a preference if their clinics are located in the hospital itself. I don't think it should be a big factor in deciding the gynae unless you have a strong preference for a particular hospital and your gynae doesn't want to go there.

Hi there, my EDD is April 2016 too. Just chat with my gynae , I will need to pay $1400 for antebatal package from week 20 onwards, and then another S$2200 for delivery deposit (Normal Delivery) any complications all will be charged separately. Is it expensive? I don't know what are the rates outside now... Thanks

Hi tarotgal, my antenatal package for check ups is $1800 from week 16, plus two post delivery after hosp discharge check ups. So I will say quite the same as yours. I think $2200 for natural without assistance is reasonable.

Hi Jog,
As I saw some mummies mentioning that their delivery fees are like $1800-$2000. But I am not too sure their doctors are from where. I just random browse old topics..

Tarotgal and Jog , my antenatal package is $680 from week 16. Does both of you packages comes with detailed scans? My package doesn't include the further detailed scans. I have to do detailed scans at other clinics at further cost.. like $130-$140 for detailed scans. It is about 1-2 times i think. 1 time with Oscar's ($340+) and 1 more time at week 22. I am not sure if there is a need to go for further detailed scans,but I am thinking of skipping it if there is going to be any.

Just normal scans within the antenatal package should be okay...i guess?

wow, $680 antenatal check up package is cheap! Mine also does not include detailed scans. For both my pregnancies, I did Oscar and 2nd trimester detailed scans for peace of mind. Oscar will tell you the down syndrome risks and other blood related issues. These detailed scans must pay separately. All routine scans and detailed scans done by my gynae himself at his clinic, so it is very convenient for me, which is why I return to him again despite his high charges.

Yea I did Oscar too. Paid like $340+ ...along with the detailed scan.. and the 2nd detail scans is $140-ish.
I see, it is really convenient then!

Hmm I am going to go for some Hospital tours... hopefully can get more ideas of how the doctor's and hospital packages goes...
=)

Which hospitals are you visiting JV Ong? If you dont mind, share with me your feedback. TQ!

I delivered at Mt A in 2013, most likely will go back there next year Apr/ May. :)

Hi Jog,

I only went to thomson medical centre last sat. It was okay.. they only showed us their Single bed ward and single bed Premium ward. Difference is the couch for husband to rest on, with some milo/drink at the sides. But for premium,you do not have to pay $95 for your companion to stay with you. So it is better to get premium single bed ward .(if you are going for single).
They did not show us the 4 bedded or 6 bedded.
Thomson medical center is actually undergoing some renovations now.. I personally don't quite like it. And they are valet parking now. They took like 25mins to get our car back to us. We parked for 1hr 15mins and had to pay $5.50 for parking. Which would be quite expensive for relatives who are going to visit as well.
The hospital does seem more old.. only the Premium ward is okay.

We be going for more hospital tours in the upcoming week..! I am waiting to go Mount E Novena too, but only slots avail for sat would be during Jan.. :eek:

My due date is april too! haha! Mid april...

Relatives are all urging me to go to KKH to deliver. They say i could stay at their single bed ward with a lower price and with more experienced doctors..

My gynae charges $3000 for normal delivery. Up by $500 from when I had my 2nd child 2 years ago. Package is $1000 without any supplements and detailed scan.

By the way, I had a different gynae for my 1st child. Very cheap for both package and delivery. That was 5 years ago. Package $600, delivery $800 normal birth. Hence I could do a comparison. You pay for what you get.

My gynae charges $3000 for normal delivery. Up by $500 from when I had my 2nd child 2 years ago. Package is $1000 without any supplements and detailed scan.

By the way, I had a different gynae for my 1st child. Very cheap for both package and delivery. That was 5 years ago. Package $600, delivery $800 normal birth. Hence I could do a comparison. You pay for what you get.
Hi summerbabies,
How different are the two gynaes for your first and second child?

Hi Jog,

I only went to thomson medical centre last sat. It was okay.. they only showed us their Single bed ward and single bed Premium ward. Difference is the couch for husband to rest on, with some milo/drink at the sides. But for premium,you do not have to pay $95 for your companion to stay with you. So it is better to get premium single bed ward .(if you are going for single).
They did not show us the 4 bedded or 6 bedded.
Thomson medical center is actually undergoing some renovations now.. I personally don't quite like it. And they are valet parking now. They took like 25mins to get our car back to us. We parked for 1hr 15mins and had to pay $5.50 for parking. Which would be quite expensive for relatives who are going to visit as well.
The hospital does seem more old.. only the Premium ward is okay.

We be going for more hospital tours in the upcoming week..! I am waiting to go Mount E Novena too, but only slots avail for sat would be during Jan.. :eek:

My due date is april too! haha! Mid april...

Relatives are all urging me to go to KKH to deliver. They say i could stay at their single bed ward with a lower price and with more experienced doctors..

Thanks for your sharing JV Ong.

If you decides to go KKH, you will need to change to KKH pte suite gynaes. I have a friend who delivered both kids there and she is happy with the doctor and service.

Hi summerbabies,
How different are the two gynaes for your first and second child?

Morning Jog. The clarity of the ultrasound is a big difference. My current gynae did told me he spent a lot for the ultrasound machine because I commented on how clear his ultrasound was. This is important if there is any abnormality in the baby in later stage, an experience gynae will be able to pick up from the clear ultrasound (My 1st child has Jejunal atresia picked up only at the last month). 1st gynae only has a clinic in neighborhood. Current gynae has a clinic in neighborhood as well as in Mt Alvernia. So if need to do any blood test we could do straight at Mt A's clinic and results will be out very soon. I did not take epidural for both birth and hence delivery ward was quite chaotic. ^^ Second birth was so fast I did not have an episiotomy. So I natural tear and baby was out. But current gynae had very good stitches even with my natural tear. I was walking a few hours after delivery.

Many comparison could be made.. And I realised we are really paying for ours and our child's safety before and after birth.

Hi Jog,
Any idea which doctor your friend went for? Seems like the pte suite gynaes, the estimated bill size is also around $9k++, around the same as some other private ones.
KKH only use their own doctors right?
My clinic says I have to decide the hospital in about 2 months from now..

Hi summerbabies,
Where did you deliver your first child? Yea,I know someone who went to a gynae that uses old machines.. informed that the baby is a girl,and turned out to be boy on the delivery date itself... The scans weren't clear from the end to start..

I am trying to see if avg doctor fees are around 2000. I am trying to get one less then $2000 or like $2200 max i guess.. Good stitching is important too..
But if it really is hard, I guess I will just go ahead with my current doctor....

Hi there, my EDD is April 2016 too. Just chat with my gynae , I will need to pay $1400 for antebatal package from week 20 onwards, and then another S$2200 for delivery deposit (Normal Delivery) any complications all will be charged separately. Is it expensive? I don't know what are the rates outside now... Thanks

Hi tarotgal..! My EDD is Mid April 16' ... Did you went ahead with your this gynae?? Your antenatal package is more expensive but delivery charges are cheaper then mine. I think they sums up to around the same? I also don't know the outside rates..but seems like most of them are all paying more then $2000 now...
Which hospital will you be delivering at?

Hi Jog,
Any idea which doctor your friend went for? Seems like the pte suite gynaes, the estimated bill size is also around $9k++, around the same as some other private ones.

Hi summerbabies,
Where did you deliver your first child? Yea,I know someone who went to a gynae that uses old machines.. informed that the baby is a girl,and turned out to be boy on the delivery date itself... The scans weren't clear from the end to start..

I am trying to see if avg doctor fees are around 2000. I am trying to get one less then $2000 or like $2200 max i guess.. Good stitching is important too..
But if it really is hard, I guess I will just go ahead with my current doctor....

Hi JV. I delivered both children at Mt Alvernia. Strangely for my current gynae, he and the nurses at Mt A told me that catheter needle on the hand is necessary in the delivery ward upon admission just in case of emergency they can induced medication for me etc. I actually didn't want that needle, hahaha.. find it very 麻烦 especially when I need to carry baby for breastfeeding after delivery AND also for my 1st gynae, he didn't asked for the catheter needle to be inserted for me! So I'm really wondering if the 1st gynae was not very thorough in ensuring my safety during delivery, especially when I requested for no epidural, he wasn't very concern for scenario eg what if I couldn't push out the baby in the end because it was too painful to handle or what if I needed e-C sec, but I have no catheter needle which means a lot of things must be done at the point in time when I'm at the peak of the pain. Scary when I think about it. Plus my 1st gynae wasn't nice enough (or maybe experience enough?) to inform me that my daughter required immediate surgery after birth, and the best option was to actually deliver in KKH and not go to him at Mt A. He wont earn my delivery fee if I go to KKH, but for the best interest of me and my child, a good gynae would recommend to go to KKH in terms of financial consideration.

I am due in Jul '16. Sticking to my current gynae despite the high cost. :)

Today was my routine check up. Went to check out the delivery fee. So exp :( I'll be going for c-sect cause my first was c-sect. The delivery cost is from $3.4k to $5k

Hi All,

JTS
My current gynae is Dr Ben Choey from SBCC Clementi, his package and delivery charge in full details here.
(Fee Before GST 7%)
From 12 weeks gestation - $800
From 16 weeks gestation - $720
From 20 weeks gestation - $650
From <12 weeks - 34 weeks gestation (for patient who will deliver outside Singapore) - $600
*** Medisave claim $450 upon delivery at hospital, need to produce receipts upon discharge from hospital to effect claim.

Antenatal Package include
Consultation, weight & blood pressure check every visit
Urine labstix for glucose & protein every visit
2D scan
3D scan if baby's position permit
1st post delivery visit with pap smear

Delivery Charge (before GST 7%)
Normal Vaginal Delivery - $1800-200
Assisted Vaginal delivery (foeceps/ vacuum) - $2300-2500
C-Sec (emergency c-sec also)- $2800-3200
Post Delivery Abdonminal Sterilisation (TMC) - $980

Hospital : Mt A, Mt E and TMC

Detailed Fetal Anomaly scan - Raffles Hospital or TMC (Dr Ben mention TMC is cheaper but location wise Raffles is easy to access) - about $320

Hope the information is useful

Hi Jog,

Hi summerbabies,

Hi JV Ong, my friend's gynae for her two kids at KKH is Dr tan thiam chye . She gives him thumbs up.

Mostly now private are quite ex but still depend on gynes. Mine was private n delivery at TMC gynes charge for 16week package was $1K excluding detail scan of $250 at mt E novena. Delivery fee charge for normal birth was fm $1.8-$3.5k but mine charged was $2.8K which is quite high as compare to 6yrs ago in diff gynes.

Hi,

My gynae is Dr Ho Hon Kwok from Mount A and his current charges are:

$1400 for antenatal package which begins at week 20
it covers all scheduled antenatal consultations, weight and blood pressure measurements, routine urine tests for sugar and protein, ultrasound scans and a growth placenta localisation scan at 32 to 34 weeks.

His delivery fees are:

Normal: $1900-$2500 ($600 claimable by medisave)
Assisted:$2300-$2900 ($850 claimable by medisave)
Caesarean: $3900-$4900 ($1450 claimable by medisave)

I personally found Dr Ho a very amiable and friendly doctor, he was reassuring, gentle as well as calm. Though his charges are very high, he has a solid reputation and that is most important to my husband and I. Heard his stitching for caesarean is top notch too and recovery is fast, will most likely opt for c-sect thus he was the top choice in choosing gynae.
Hope this information helps all you ladies! <3

My gynae is Dr Heng Tung Lan.
She has clinics in Parkway East Medical Centre and Cassia Crescent.
Her antenatal package is $1k (w/o GST) from 12wks onwards.

Inclusive of consultation, weight + blood pressure + urine taking routine, the normal 2D scans, multivitamins and calcium tablets (fish oil 30 capsules @ $40 additional).
Her delivery charges is from $2k onwards (1st March onward charges will be revised and starts from $2.3K onwards).

My SIL was with her and in 2015 her antenatal package was only $750.

Here is what you can consider by referring to my experience:-

First pregnancy - Mt A (vacuum and induced) + 5 days hospitalisation due to baby jaundice - cost around SGD10K
2nd pregnancy - Mahkota Hospital, Melaka, Malaysia natural birth - cost RM2500 (Medisave fully claimed)

I contacted Patricia from Balestier Clinic 6353 3477 prior to arrange delivery in Malaysia to claim for Medisave.

Dear flekie, my first one also above 10k, thinking deliver in malaysia recency for next.
Can you share where you do antenatal check?

hi mommies can I know if lets say hubby paid for the fees etc, when comes to medisave claim how do we go about it? can he claim from his medisave or usually the mummy will make all the payment then claim from her own medisave?

hi mommies can I know if lets say hubby paid for the fees etc, when comes to medisave claim how do we go about it? can he claim from his medisave or usually the mummy will make all the payment then claim from her own medisave?

Hello,

I vaguely remember when it is bill time, they will firstly split the bill into 2 portion, i.e. cash and medisave usable portion. Then the payment clerk will ask you whose CPF medisave you wanna to deduct from and how much from each account. In the unlikely even that there are not sufficient CPF $$$ to cover the medisave usable portion, then it will need to be settle with cash. ( A bit like buying house ya)

Hi!

Any review to share on Dr Ben? Thanks! :)

Hi All,

JTS
My current gynae is Dr Ben Choey from SBCC Clementi, his package and delivery charge in full details here.
(Fee Before GST 7%)
From 12 weeks gestation - $800
From 16 weeks gestation - $720
From 20 weeks gestation - $650
From <12 weeks - 34 weeks gestation (for patient who will deliver outside Singapore) - $600
*** Medisave claim $450 upon delivery at hospital, need to produce receipts upon discharge from hospital to effect claim.

Antenatal Package include
Consultation, weight & blood pressure check every visit
Urine labstix for glucose & protein every visit
2D scan
3D scan if baby's position permit
1st post delivery visit with pap smear

Delivery Charge (before GST 7%)
Normal Vaginal Delivery - $1800-200
Assisted Vaginal delivery (foeceps/ vacuum) - $2300-2500
C-Sec (emergency c-sec also)- $2800-3200
Post Delivery Abdonminal Sterilisation (TMC) - $980

Hospital : Mt A, Mt E and TMC

Detailed Fetal Anomaly scan - Raffles Hospital or TMC (Dr Ben mention TMC is cheaper but location wise Raffles is easy to access) - about $320

Hope the information is useful

My gynae is at TMC and her package is 2.8k from second visit onwards (my second visit was in week 9) and this also includes delivery charges(both natural and csec) and first postnatal appointment. Detailed scans are not included but she scans me foc for each visit as she likes to see the baby too, to check on the fetal development. Her stitching is superb, she did it for my firstborn as I had a csec. Barely anything can be seen now and I recovered so well from my op. I am so glad she hasn't retired before I got pregnant with number two :)

My gynae is at TMC and her package is 2.8k from second visit onwards (my second visit was in week 9) and this also includes delivery charges(both natural and csec) and first postnatal appointment. Detailed scans are not included but she scans me foc for each visit as she likes to see the baby too, to check on the fetal development. Her stitching is superb, she did it for my firstborn as I had a csec. Barely anything can be seen now and I recovered so well from my op. I am so glad she hasn't retired before I got pregnant with number two :)
Can share her name n contacts? TIA

Her name is Dr WK Tan and is with WC Cheng and associates, clinic at the ground floor of TMC. She is very popular so there can be a wait especially on Saturdays as she might have to attend to deliveries or emergency situations. Most of the time I get to see her within thirty mins through but I have waited an hour before. Btw, just to share her style. She is a lady of few words but would glad reply if you have concerns or questions. I find her very calming and reassuring la, because with number one, I had placenta previa at 36 weeks and woke up to blood one early morning on a public holiday. I called the clinic and they contacted her and she arrived at the hospital before I did and attended to me swiftly and calmly.

Back