MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Dear sistas, may I ask how long does your MS last ? My MS started from week 5 and now going week 8, it is really terrible and feel like dying. Totally nor edgy at all :(
From vomiting, to gastritis, to heart burn, to acid reflux. Oh dear
i was rather lucky..my ms was not too good/manageable in 1st tri and tappered off in early tri 2..try eating small meals and nibble plain biscuits thruout the day esp when you wake up

Hi Jeannie, lucky you to be still able to go out do shopping. I was so out of sorts that all I could do was having plastic pail and bags besides me 24hrs :(

Mummies, do you all prepare baby car seats for your car when fetching babies home? Or can we just carry them in our arms? Will get summon from traffic police? I'm worried I may not know how to position the babies in car seat properly and cause hurt to the babies.
for car seats i recommend maxi cosi pebble..we got them and it was fuss free! Even can take on planes :)

Haha.. Cos my hubby is bored and wants to go out all the time and so I forced myself to go out even though I don't feel well at times.. I ask him if I want to vomit how? He says just vomit lor.. . I bring plastic bags and sweets with me all the time..

But I start to experience more pelvic pressure when I go out lately..

Better to prepare car seats.. Else how u going to carry 2 babies in your arms unless someone else is with u besides your hubby. I feel it safer to place them in the car seats rather than in our arms.. By right, the car seat should be rearward facing and can be used from birth..babies are flexible like how they r in our tummy.. So don't worry too much on that ya!

Pelvic pressure? Not to walk too much..rest your feet as much as possible..not to scare you my gynae said before too much walking can trigger early contractions

Haha I guess my whole family might turn up to fetch the babies home so will definitely have more than additional pair of hands for help.

Lambi, did you prepare the car seats before babies birth?

I'm not only feeling pelvic pressure but also numbness on one side of the leg. My walking is only limited to the house and the once or twice weekly grocery shopping.

Yes, I usually shop within an hour as these few days got robinsons sales..dinner also go restaurant/food court eat and go home within 2 hours. Other than that, I'm usually at home resting.. Thanks Lambi for the advice.

Btw, I already bought my babies' car seat, maxi cosi cabriofix at the takashimaya baby fair early this month. Waiting for delivery..

Haha I guess my whole family might turn up to fetch the babies home so will definitely have more than additional pair of hands for help.

Lambi, did you prepare the car seats before babies birth?

I'm not only feeling pelvic pressure but also numbness on one side of the leg. My walking is only limited to the house and the once or twice weekly grocery shopping.
actually not really..my hb got it a few weeks after bbs born..cos my bbs discharged on different days from hospital..i used the sg50 sling and held bb tightly in car..not a good advice lah hehe as bbs safety comes first. you got ask ur gynae abt the numbness not? take care!

Hi Oohlahlah,

Can I ask what did kkh supply U during your stay and after U discharge?
Do we have to bring our own breastpump and storage bottle/milk bottles?
They supply a pack of sanitary pads, compression stockings, baby diapers and a toiletries pouch.

They can provide pumps if you want but no bottles... But anyway the breastmilk supply will be too little to store on bottles.

Thanks Oohlahlah,

I was still thinking if I wanna bring my own breast pump and try to stimulate supply..but then the milk dunno store where.. But guess I'm too ambitious already.. Haha

Hi Cowmoomoo,

Are u feeling better lately?

Hmm, from what I've read so far, most are c sect. However, natural birth is still possible.
My gynae said that my babies' head are down and I have a chance to try natural if I can hold them in my tummy until 37th weeks.

Hi Cowmoomoo,

Are u feeling better lately?

Hmm, from what I've read so far, most are c sect. However, natural birth is still possible.
My gynae said that my babies' head are down and I have a chance to try natural if I can hold them in my tummy until 37th weeks.
Hello Jeannie, thanks! Vomiting has subsided, hope things go for the better. But having terrible heart burn and acid reflux now.

I heard it's not recommended to work from week 30 onwards for twinnies? So as to reduce movement?

Hi Cowmoomoo,

Good to hear that you are getting better..I'm still facing terrible acid reflux everyday and sometimes heartburn. Some ppl ask me to go for more alkaline food and avoid milk. Can ask your gynae for any medications for it, my gynae not willing to give me though.

For twins, it is best to minimize movements. I am not working so resting at home most of the time. Yes, I did read that it is better to have more bed rest from 30 weeks which I plan to do that also. That's y I have gotten most of my baby stuff now even though I just reached 24 weeks..lolx.

Wah really? My gynae concerned abt my weight gain n asked me to walk for 30 mins 2-3x a week. Sigh. Recently my job required me to walk alot. I will pray for my beanies to be strong!

Hello Mummies!!!! i am new to the forum. i am currently 14 weeks having twins as well. I have been having slight bleeding since sat and have been told to have bed rest. did any one of you go through this? i have been married for sometime and have just been blessed with these 2 precious. i am worried but i also know i should not stress myself up. any advice?

Hello Jeannie, thanks! Vomiting has subsided, hope things go for the better. But having terrible heart burn and acid reflux now.

I heard it's not recommended to work from week 30 onwards for twinnies? So as to reduce movement?
for me, i working 2 weeks every month... my gynae gives me 1 to 2 weeks HL every month (coz my appt with him is monthly basis)
he also asks me not to walk too much, even carry files also cannot. but also cannot sit too long, if i'm at office sit too long, i need to walk abit

Wah really? My gynae concerned abt my weight gain n asked me to walk for 30 mins 2-3x a week. Sigh. Recently my job required me to walk alot. I will pray for my beanies to be strong!
i think if you are overweight, then may cause diabetics and other health problems. so maybe your gynae want you to control the weight gain...
for me, i always monitor my weight since the start, now i week 26, weight gain is 9kg so is ok. then again i'm underweight to begin with, so actually need more weight gain. but i dun gain weight easily, lucky my babies are average and above average weight

Hello Mummies!!!! i am new to the forum. i am currently 14 weeks having twins as well. I have been having slight bleeding since sat and have been told to have bed rest. did any one of you go through this? i have been married for sometime and have just been blessed with these 2 precious. i am worried but i also know i should not stress myself up. any advice?
you can read What to Do When You're Having Two: The Twins Survival Guide from Pregnancy Through the First Year Natalie Diaz & When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads by Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein

i find it very helpful. coz i not hiring confinement lady, so i need to do up my own plan too. so using these two books as guideline..

p.s: i'm not traditional chinese, so not following chinese myth for confinement

you can read What to Do When You're Having Two: The Twins Survival Guide from Pregnancy Through the First Year Natalie Diaz & When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads by Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein

i find it very helpful. coz i not hiring confinement lady, so i need to do up my own plan too. so using these two books as guideline..

p.s: i'm not traditional chinese, so not following chinese myth for confinement
thanks pixie ng.

which gynae r u seeing now

beginning i seeing selina chua @ mount e. coz first trimester MS too jialat, so i change to nearer one - her student dr john yam

i can understand on the MS part. are you intending to continue with Dr john all the way? which hosp does he do his deliveries?

The reason for asking is that i am still with kkh with Dr Tan Heng Hao. Still contemplating if i should go to other private hospitals but my concerns are alongst cost should there be complications. I have also heard that you may be transfered to KKH from private hosp should your case be complicated....

john yam is under gleneagles, but he has a clinic at jurong point which is near my place.

my colleague told me only 2 hospitals which have all facilities for any types of emergency - KKH & NUH. most importantly is your gynae experience in dealing with complications? if he/she does, he/she would advise you on the hospital to deliver.

@jeannie kong is under KKH, her appt is once every 2 month which is quite bad for twins. from the books i read, twins pregnancy need much more checkup so preferably once to twice per month and last trimester is every week.

Hi Lambi, the numbness on the leg is a common symptom i was told by gynae. It is the extra weight pressing on the nerves and should go away after delivery.

I am with NUH and my appointment is every 2 weeks, but should be every week in the last month. The gynae I see is at least consultant (usually the same few) even though I am on the subsidised route. Maybe NUH more kiasu than KKH.

Hi Ash,

I know of mummies who have single baby and got to bed rest throughout their whole pregnancy so you are not alone. Positive thinking k!

I was previously with a private gynae but switched to KKH as I'm afraid of preterm labour and complications which KKH has the expertise and facilities.
My appts with my gynae is either 6 week and next one is 8 week. In between, there are detailed scans done every 5 weeks but at their diagnostic centre and not by my gynae. However, they do have docs to brief you after the scan.

Hi mommies. I had a vanishing twin last pregnancy. Just wondering, anyone knows when you tested positive and what was your hcg levels? I am 5days early but the line was pretty clear- wondering if it's another multiples pregnancy. I should be around 3-4weeks only. Can't confirm at gynae yet so just curious!

Hi mommies. I had a vanishing twin last pregnancy. Just wondering, anyone knows when you tested positive and what was your hcg levels? I am 5days early but the line was pretty clear- wondering if it's another multiples pregnancy. I should be around 3-4weeks only. Can't confirm at gynae yet so just curious!
i didn't go for blood test so i don't know my hcg level...
but i tested on dpo-IUI 11, and got a faint double line.

i think only ultrasound can confirm whether is twins or not...

Hi Ash,

I know of mummies who have single baby and got to bed rest throughout their whole pregnancy so you are not alone. Positive thinking k!

I was previously with a private gynae but switched to KKH as I'm afraid of preterm labour and complications which KKH has the expertise and facilities.
My appts with my gynae is either 6 week and next one is 8 week. In between, there are detailed scans done every 5 weeks but at their diagnostic centre and not by my gynae. However, they do have docs to brief you after the scan.
Hi Jennie,

my appt at kkh is also every 2 weeks. i also have similar experience with the detailed scan. guess all gd for now.

i thinking of buying this stroller... anyone has reviews of it??

12310474_1077479868953406_8563487387049685918_n.jpg

Hi Pixie,

I'm going for baby jogger city select tandem stroller cos I feel side by side is a little too wide. You need to check out the width to pass through your door and lift door..and also if the stroller can be used from birth.

Regards,
Jeannie

Hi Pixie,

I'm going for baby jogger city select tandem stroller cos I feel side by side is a little too wide. You need to check out the width to pass through your door and lift door..and also if the stroller can be used from birth.

Regards,
Jeannie
width of double stroller is the same as wheelchair. so door, lift door and shopping centre is not a problem because fire safety must be this width

and i think only cosatto has stroller from infant to 5yrs old... the rest need to buy seperately like city select need to buy the infant carrier

Last edited:
I got capella cony stroller yesterday but it's a single stroller cause I feel I wouldn't be able to manoeuvre with a double stroller.
so you will be carrying one, and pushing a stroller?
initially i did think of that, but my spouse told me my back sure cannot take the weight so buy double stroller is safer for me

Im using cosatto stroller.so far so good but it cant take too heavy load. As for size, it can fit normal hdb door and lift. No issue at all. Its quite compact actually but i think maybe can only use till they are 2 , the most. As e seat will b too squeezy by then .

so you will be carrying one, and pushing a stroller?
initially i did think of that, but my spouse told me my back sure cannot take the weight so buy double stroller is safer for me
Yes but I guess for awhile, I won't be able to handle 2 alone. Going to get those sarong sling and baby carrier.

Im using cosatto stroller.so far so good but it cant take too heavy load. As for size, it can fit normal hdb door and lift. No issue at all. Its quite compact actually but i think maybe can only use till they are 2 , the most. As e seat will b too squeezy by then .
that's great to hear... because cosatto stroller seems to be not popular in singapore, so cannot find anyone for review...

For mummies with gastric problems, will it get better or worse in 3rd trimester? I am facing gastric and heartburn daily..wonder when will it ends? My frens told me will last until give birth..faint!

Hi Ocean-Ocean,

How many weeks are you along in your pregnancy? I'm coming to 26th week.

Some of my friends also told me that they will get one and carry the other. But I scare carry one, the other wants to be carried also..which could be likely the case.
If buy 2 strollers, my hubby says he need to make sure I can push the other one which he is worried so end up we decided to get a tandem stroller although tandem stroller is not light so I guess the pushing got to leave it to hubby.

Hi jeanne kong,
I am 22 weeks exactly. What is a tandem stroller? Twin stroller huh? Don't know leh. I can only let the twinnies take turns to be in stroller n carrier. Hope they understand. Haha as if they can understand at that age. My mum insists on a helper so even if I am super reluctant, I got no choice. Intend to survive on a helper for 1 year then off they go to infant care liao. Recently been very vexed over the job. I don't know if I can care for my twinnies with current workload. Sigh.

For mummies with gastric problems, will it get better or worse in 3rd trimester? I am facing gastric and heartburn daily..wonder when will it ends? My frens told me will last until give birth..faint!

Mine got worse in recent weeks. Gynae says usually will get worse in 3rd trimester as babies grow bigger.

I prefer a side by side stroller cos I think both twins should get the same view! Haha!!
Mine is a baby jogger city mini, I'm very happy with it. Easy to keep, easy to manouver... And not very wide.

for me, didn't get better or worse. you need to eat every 2 to 3 hrs, and small meals only. for me, i only eat until i not hungry (not until i full). normal people takes 30mins for the food to reach stomach. for pregnant ladies will take up to 1.5hrs for the food to reach stomach.

Hi jeanne kong,
I am 22 weeks exactly. What is a tandem stroller? Twin stroller huh? Don't know leh. I can only let the twinnies take turns to be in stroller n carrier. Hope they understand. Haha as if they can understand at that age. My mum insists on a helper so even if I am super reluctant, I got no choice. Intend to survive on a helper for 1 year then off they go to infant care liao. Recently been very vexed over the job. I don't know if I can care for my twinnies with current workload. Sigh.

tandem stroller is one front one back stroller

for me, i dun plan to have any CL or maid coz i cannot tolerate strangers in my house (abit OCD here)... but since my spouse is in charge of housework, i only in charge of babies, so shld be manageable. plus i also quiting my job after my maternity leave. i dun trust my babies to infantcare / childcare (also paranoid here) :p childcare put halfday for them to socialize is ok, but for me, if put full time, i cannot accept.

Mine got worse in recent weeks. Gynae says usually will get worse in 3rd trimester as babies grow bigger.

maybe u need to monitor how much and frequent you eat... perhaps will get better... because at first i also have indigestion, then i follow my gynae's instruction and also read up the food to eat. now i no longer have any problems

Hi, Im starting to look for strollers, thinking of twin strollers. But my hubby prefer in-line stroller, claiming that it's inconvenient to go around in malls and if one is being hand-carried, it's still in balance.
Will like to know why you choose twin stroller instead of inline stroller?

maybe u need to monitor how much and frequent you eat... perhaps will get better... because at first i also have indigestion, then i follow my gynae's instruction and also read up the food to eat. now i no longer have any problems

Hi Pixie,

Can share what your gynae's instruction are and the food you usually eat?

Hi Pixie,

Can share what your gynae's instruction are and the food you usually eat?
for me, didn't get better or worse. you need to eat every 2 to 3 hrs, and small meals only. for me, i only eat until i not hungry (not until i full). normal people takes 30mins for the food to reach stomach. for pregnant ladies will take up to 1.5hrs for the food to reach stomach.

food i usually eat is very wide range lei... but i dun eat processed food, dun drink carbonated drink. i dun eat much starchy carbo which will cause spike in my sugar level example bread, white rice, pasta. coz if there is spike of sugar level, it will drop alot then your body will ask u to eat more. then your stomach cannot take it then you will have heartburn or indigestion. so you need to keep your sugar level constant, so you wont suddenly eat alot. i eat more fibre carbo e.g veg. i eat alot of red meat and fish though...

Last edited:

Back