(2014) ivf mummies support group

Ladies how independent your Lo is? Will play on their own or must see u in sight? As in sit there beside tHem. I don't know if now is the right time to discipline them cause mine are displaying the signs of ruling over me already. Want to carry must carry. Will sit and cry till someone carry them. How u deal with these?

My girl can play on her own, except for the period when she's teething and has separation anxiety. That's because since young, she has learnt to play on her own in her play yard while I cook in the kitchen. Usually only 2 of us in the house. DH is working. So no choice, she needs to learn. If not, I can't get things done.

But now she also throws temper tantrums like when I take away something that she is playing/holding. Eg, when I brush her teeth, she will want to hold the toothbrush. So I give her one and I use another one to brush. Then when I take away the toothbrush that she's holding from her, she will throw tantrum. Later on, I watched the Joanne Peh's programme and the expert said must communicate with them first like tell them what is expected. Tell them they can hold the toothbrush till the end of the bath. Then after bath, we will have to keep the toothbrush. Let them know the expectations.

I tried it and the situation is improving. She's still throwing tantrum when I take the toothbrush away from her but the tantrum is quite mild now as compared to previous ones when I didn't communicate with her about expectations.

She also likes to throw her toys down from her high chair. The expert said if we keep picking up the toys for her, she thinks that we are playing with her. Tell her that she can only play her toys on the tray and if she keeps throwing toys down and mummy keeps picking up, mummy is gonna be very tired. I modify a bit of what the expert said. I tell my girl that she can only play her toys on the tray and if she throws down, I won't pick up for her and she will have no toy to play on her tray. Well, she still throws her toys down but I don't mind because I know I have communicated to her my expectations and I really don't pick up the toy. I mean what I say to her. I think they can't fully grasp/understand what we are telling them now but the consistency of communication and expectations is very important. I think as their brain develop, they will understand one day and they will stop throwing toys down.

Last edited:
Have you all started using toothpaste to brush your LO's teeth?

When should we start to use toothpaste?

Has your LO started walking on his/her own?

Has your LO started talking like can communicate in a few words?

both my girls started walking on their own already. the younger one more stable thou. as for communication both still the baby language. I try using toothbrush but the elder one hates it so much. I don't know how to make her open her mouth. faith your LO is 13 months now?

Hi everyone. Really too busy to come back to forum. Seems like my LO has the same behaviour. Really good at shunning away, refuse feeds at times, scream and cry and show displeasure on the floor when not given the things he wanted. But of course he has his lovely side. He's walking a lot with assistance. Can stand up and walk few steps on his own. Blabbing a lot but can understand when he says dog cat bird

i still come back n check more.than once a day... smtimez i type smthg but dun get posted.. mines fallin sick.. got to postpone mmr.. cruise n blabbering..

had a good tim celebrated 1st bdae..

for food i m still givin simple veg puree, butternut pumpkim, round chinese spinach, broccoli, corn, ngor fish, pork n fish... egg yolk i dun give often too...

r u all feedin all the thgs adults eat to ur baby liao?

I still cook everyday for my girl: broccoli, potatoes, butternut, celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, zucchini, parsnips, beef, threadfin, pork, chicken, pasta, millet, brown rice, rice, oatmeal, apples, pears, avocado, banana, yoghurt, egg yolk, egg whites, bread.

I give outside food once in a while and let her nimble. So far she tried salmon, ramen

Hi mummies, long time nv post been a very busy mth..

Joy it happens to me too. . Type n was informed no permission error msg.. so nv type again

Yes I do give outside food but special ordered for no seasonings.. still cooking for them daily too. Using the yoei electric lunch cooker now. . Faster n more convenient as I steam the fish n rice. Still using Avent steam blender but only for a while so chunkier as now they prefer to bite their food. Now they prefer rice than porridge so must change menu daily alternate between fish(salmon, threadfin & cod) , pork n beef

Last edited:
cherry u use a stand 2hold è plate to steam fish in yoei? my baby startin 2appreciate food.. i m tryin 2try wider variety of veg...

Cheery, I tried ordering outside many times with no seasoning but they always tell me the food has been prepared with seasoning already so unable to accede to my request.

Oh the no permission error message, I got it every time when I was using Samsung phone (Android) back then before giving birth. It was very irritating. After I changed to iPhone, I don't have such problem anymore.

Most of the time when eat out I'd give white rice and 'pulled' meat from inner layer of meat piece. Usually skip veg when outside cos it's too flavorful.

Joy I dun use a stand cos a smaller plate is provided to place over the bigger bowl for steaming eggs or fish. So can do it together. . Usually I cook the rice 1st then place the fish in later to steam for less than 5 mins

Faith i ordered salmon teppanyaki n tasted it before giving them so far ok nv give them meat when out only fish, rice, potato,

Last edited:
Yup that's what I did too. Pull the inner layer of meat which is less greasy for her to eat.

Cheery, the Yoei electric cooker, is it portable? I'm thinking of buying one portable so that I can cook for her when we go travelling overseas.

Yoei double layer electric lunch cooker

Attachments

• 1450025236885.jpg
    1450025236885.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 180
Hi it's been so long since I read so many msgs. I also have electric lunch box. Mine is the 小熊brand also can get from qo10. Cook porridge and rice really fast. I give outside food already cause they enjoy outside food more especially noodles.

I have stop giving storage for my frozen blasts. 6 left and all disposed. Very sad but since I not going for another I see no point to continue storage.

I haven try giving them noodles from eateries cos not sure of the soup base. . Usually will cook mee sua for them at home for noodles . Cooked mee sua with wolfberries as soup base yesterday n steamed threadfin with cherry tomatoes n spinach to go with it.

Yap electric cooker really fast saves alot of time hehe

i went 2buy a 1.8l slow cooker 2cook porridge 4baby.. it helps manage slightly better.. i send in small message if not it does not get sends smtim..
smtimes i buy big bones 2cook
stock 4porridge..

cherry u use 1.2 n 0.36 to steam fish is it?

I think outside food sure have msg but if really no time to cook for lo we just give whats best. my girls have their 1st mmr already. took two jab (mmr and pnuemccol) together one at thigh and one on the arm. one of them develop fever 2 days after jab while the other develop fever 6days after jab. hate all this jabs.

1.8L to cook porridge very big leh. my house only 1.1L slow cooker. used to cook with 0.7L one but that one spoil already.

you all give fish or meat you all mesh into food? for me I don't cook separate. I throw all into the slow cooker while cooking porridge. I will cook the rice first till almost done I throw in veg and fish bites into it and heat a while more then serve.

meat i will add in2 porridge n cook...
veg i will either steam separately or add in2 possidge to cook towards the end..
the slow cooker is a bit big.. but so far if cook a bit still ok.. jus a little at the bottom.. i was thinkin can use it for adult food nex tim.. n i could not find the 1.2l when i went to best denki...

iwahb-tks for sharing, mines took the same jab.. the fb group mummy share can try 2give china barley.. mines din like 2drink.. but i am goin to try with to give with fruits or food today...

Iwahb my girl also had the mmr n pneu jabs too. boy jabs postponed due to fever b4 the jab.. gg back next wk.

I still blend the meat cos I think it's hard for them to chew meat. . Fish I just mixed into porridge after steaming separately.. will steam the meat n veggies together using Avent steam blend. my slow cooker 1.2L.. nv use it since I started with the yoei electric cooker

Last edited:
my mmr also postpone cause right after their bday they fall sick. seems like a lot babies I know due for their first mmr had it postpone due to not fully well.

ladies, do you all give porridge daily to LO? everyday porridge like so boring. they eat till fan wei later but don't know what else they can eat more. I try noodles and millet even lentils but they don't fancy. noodles they do eat but the qty is not enough to be considered as main meal.

Iwahb, yap need to change menu for them daily. I cook different main course for them daily. Now they prefer drier texture. Rice, kway teow, mee sua, pasta, porridge. Fish I either steam with cherry tomatoes or chopped round spinach or mushrooms or pan fried. Pork or beef I will steam & blend with different veggies .

Last edited:
which type of mushroom have u all tried fresh or dried? i wan 2try.. but not sure which type 2start..
mayb babies really stick their fingers into mouth all the time now.. hence more likely 2catch smthg that makes them ill...

How much are your Lo eating per meal? Mine I feel very little. Porridge in a 300ml flask share by two of them sometimes can finish sometimes can't. If I cook rice and noodles their qty they eat is even lesser than porridge.

Cheery your pasta is which type? Those blw type or those small alphabet type where you feed them? The other day I try alphabet type they don't like. Pasta like fusilli blw they can eat but not a lot also.

if its tasty mines can eat a lot.. lik the bigger avent bowl that comes with steamer...
cherry u give fresh shitake? sorry so many questions.. i checkin around on variety of food 2give...

Iwahb, I gave them star pasta at the beginning then try macaroni n another kitty pasta they ok with it. I using 300ml n 380ml tiger soup thermal. Yap their appetite depends on the food serve .. will eat more if they like the taste. I using the daiso kids bowl.. boy can finish 3/4 filled of it, girl can finish half filled.

Usually rice n noodles will be lesser cos for porridge there is water content just like we adults can take 2 bowls of porridge but only 1 bowl of rice

Joy yes I using fresh shiitake mushrooms those $2 per pack from ntuc..

Lunch was diced mushroom & carrot porridge with pan fried threadfin n red onion.

Cooked western food for their dinner using air fryer. Air fried Salmon n potato together. Steamed corn separately and serve all together.

Last edited:
cheery your meals sounds so nice. no wonder mine not eating a lot lol. anyway I try mushroom with porridge before elder one totally reject. mushroom smell too strong don't even want to taste the porridge. younger one seems ok. my two got very diff taste buds so what one eats is another refusing to eat. salmon wise I think they might not like too cause smell is strong. I see your menu so now meat wise u usually cook separate and not mash all up mix together and eat isit? your twinnies blw or u feed?

Iwahb I also squeezing brain juice to think of different variety of food for them. Since they like n interested in our food I try to cook similar stuff but in a healthier way with no seasonings added. I din use olive oil for pan fried or air fried used coconut oil instead as olive oil cannot take high temp

Meat I still using Avent steam n blend. With veggies.. only fish I cook separately

Mushroom I only used 1 medium size diced finely so taste not tt strong usually will mix with spinach or carrot to reduce the mushroom taste

I m still feeding them. . What is blw?

Last edited:
Cheery, Blw is baby led weaning. Means let them self feed. A lot of mess. Those with very strong taste my elder like not very keen. It's hard for me to have all my food finish up cause both like diff things haha. Good job mummy I see your menu I know how much effort u make. Anyway for me I relax on "healthy" eating already. If I fried I use olive oil cause coconut oil also strong taste they also not keen. Your twins still drinking a lot milk or taking more solids?

I'm also using Tiger thermal soup cup 300 ml & 380 ml.

I feed rice and steamed veggies and meat/fish cut into small pieces.

I make my own mushroom soup and feed her with homemade bread. Make bread with Mayer bread maker. Also feed her bread & cheese, bread & omelette. She loves bread! Haha!

I agree she will eat more when she likes it, eat less when she doesn't really like it. She will shake her head vigorously when she hates the food! Haha!

Back