any 35 and above trying for their first?

Hi @dewydrop, im also glad to have found support here. I dont really confide to my friends abt my infertility prob as they wont understand. This is the only plc i can turn to for listening ears and support.
For me, ive fibroids ranging frm 2cm-4cm. ( 3 of them) and also have low ovarian reserves. If i were to remove them, i'l have to wait for few months to start my next ivf cycle.. Time is not on my side..
I did managed to conceive via ivf in my 2 cycle but ended with a m/c.. What a joke isnt it? After long awaited hope n it vanished just like that..
@jeleen, does this yoga help in fibroids issues too? Ive been doing yoga but its mainly for my back problem.

Yes! U should call the yoga school for a consultation. It helped me and some others i met in this forum! No harm hearing what the therapist shares with you. I truly hope the best for you!

Hi @dewydrop, im also glad to have found support here. I dont really confide to my friends abt my infertility prob as they wont understand. This is the only plc i can turn to for listening ears and support.
For me, ive fibroids ranging frm 2cm-4cm. ( 3 of them) and also have low ovarian reserves. If i were to remove them, i'l have to wait for few months to start my next ivf cycle.. Time is not on my side..
I did managed to conceive via ivf in my 2 cycle but ended with a m/c.. What a joke isnt it? After long awaited hope n it vanished just like that..
@jeleen, does this yoga help in fibroids issues too? Ive been doing yoga but its mainly for my back problem.

Yes! U should call the yoga school for a consultation. It helped me and some others i met in this forum! No harm hearing what the therapist shares with you. I truly hope the best for you!

Please don't give up. I had 8 tries of ivf n w one miscarriage within 2 1/2 years. Now I have my 10mths old gal w me.. I don't know how I went thru the ups n downs but to see my rainbow bb slpg w me daily makes me feel all is worth it.
Time wasn't on my side too. I gave birth to her at 38

You can try to cut down on sugars in your diet as yeast feed on sugar. N take some probiotics supplements. Hope it can help.

Hi naive2310, sorry for the late reply and thank you for your recommendation! I am considering to try probiotics.. But my health is weak and I often take medicine, so I am reluctant to start on the probiotics.. I used to take Gaia but it was so expensive! But maybe I should change my perspective.. It could be better to prevent than to cure UTI..

Last edited:
Hi i have yeast infection everytime my hubby n i try to have baby! And had to.insert pessary to cure the infection. But after a few months ...i seems to have anti bodies...it will just go away on its own.
U need to take supplement 'Opticbac for women' daily i bought from guardian. and wear cotton underwear...dun wear at night to air the area...
I also eat non-fat yoghurt...bought 1 big tub...no sugar. But yoghurt is cooling...so not good for fertility

For fertility...i wear slippers at home to keep body warm. Stopped all cold or sweetened drinks. No cooling herbal tea...also ate royal jelly for a while.
I use clear blue ovulation strip. It shows the same ovulation timing as my tracking app
I tried 4 mths...before i get a positive...
I only try during fertile period...2 times before it..
I had prob with doing it too initially...later i found that i the mirning im more lubricated so better to do it then. I use concieveplus lubricant.
Take care

Hi miuratohkp, sorry for the late reply (didn't receive any notifcations!) Thank you for sharing with me your experiences! Perhaps I should start trying your suggestions.. I am really hoping I can have antibodies too! :(

Last edited:
i do encounter ur problem also.I got irritated when I ttc n den got uti instead, n den I gt scared aft tt. once we gt uti, we can nv run away frm it. my gp owaes tell mi to drink more water aft bd n go toilet to urine. bt it does sound contradicting as we r supposed to rest on bed 10 to 15mins in order to increase the chances of getting preg.

Hi stephdotkoh, sorry for the late reply (didn't receive any notifications!) I hate the idea of drinking a lot of water at night before bed because it means disturbed sleep! Sigh.. Guess there is no perfect solution! But if it is the only cheapest way to prevent the issue, then really have to do it this way... I didn't know that the chances of getting pregnant can be increased by resting on the bed for 10 - 15 mins!

Last edited:
Sis kkhb, have you tried taking probiotics? Back in my 20s i had a similar problem and it was only when i regularly took probiotics that i became ok down there.

Hi karoosel, sorry for the late reply (didn't receive any notifications)! I used to take Gaia.. It costs like $85 for 30 pills.. However, I asked one of the doctors I see and he recommended me to take VS3 probiotics but he said that as these kind of probiotics contain live bacteria, has to be refrigerated if not it will turn bad. I don't think I want to try VS3, sounds bad.. I have bad stomach I need to take fresh food.. haha.. Which brand of probiotics do you take? Thank you!

Last edited:
Actually, I have heard that to prevent recurrence of UTI, to drink cranberry juice daily. I suffered from this annoying problem years ago when I was still studying in London, and after I had started to take cranberry juice, the UTI was totally cured.

Please don't give up. I had 8 tries of ivf n w one miscarriage within 2 1/2 years. Now I have my 10mths old gal w me.. I don't know how I went thru the ups n downs but to see my rainbow bb slpg w me daily makes me feel all is worth it.
Time wasn't on my side too. I gave birth to her at 38

Hi dolly-gal,

Wow!!!!!!! 8 ivf attempts!!!!!! That is really a lot. So your baby gal conceived through IVF or naturally?

Actually, I have heard that to prevent recurrence of UTI, to drink cranberry juice daily. I suffered from this annoying problem years ago when I was still studying in London, and after I had started to take cranberry juice, the UTI was totally cured.

Hi, I did drink cranberry juice more often now and I am actually getting sick of drinking it. Wish there is some solution whereby I don't have to keep taking that particular juice or probiotics.. Sigh.. Mine is a recurring problem, either UTI, either yeast infection. I really don't know if it might come back. And I get so annoyed with it.. Thank you for your suggestions! :) I hope u are well too! Saw some of ur posts :) take care!

Hi KKHB,

Thanks for your concern. Hopefully after my husband and myself consult Prof Mahesh Choolani for our test results review this Sept 25 (Fri) morning, in his private clinic, we will know what next step to take in our trying to conceive. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can hold the rainbow baby in my arms.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I was away for a pilgrimage. Yes, yoga therapy helps the fibroid issues as well. I met a few of teacher warwar's students who used to have fibroids. I understand that they have all benefited from her therapy sessions. You may want to just consult her to understand more!
I understand it is not easy to be in this position. Try to stay positive as miracles do exist!

Hi dolly-gal,

Wow!!!!!!! 8 ivf attempts!!!!!! That is really a lot. So your baby gal conceived through IVF or naturally?
My bb gal is thru ivf.. I have no luck w natural conceived all these years..
Lost one in 2013 then last year strike twins but one didn't make it n my bb gal was inside when it happened. Worry die me when I was warded in bed for 5d4n, cannot even go restroom cos dr n nurse scared infection n affect her.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and going for my first IVF at KKH, still waiting for the date to start this IVF journey. Anyone did their IVF at KKH, need a few advise from all the sisters here.
(1) Should I change to just one specify gynae at the IVF centre as I'm on a subsided patient at clinic D (KKH). Anyone know what is the price different ? Understand from the IVF centre nurse, once we are transfer to IVF centre, the price will be like a private patient cost? Anyone has this similar situation before?
(2) What kind of food best to consume to prepare me on a smoother process during IVF?
(3) Which gynae is the best at the KKH IVF centre with good review?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and going for my first IVF at KKH, still waiting for the date to start this IVF journey. Anyone did their IVF at KKH, need a few advise from all the sisters here.
(1) Should I change to just one specify gynae at the IVF centre as I'm on a subsided patient at clinic D (KKH). Anyone know what is the price different ? Understand from the IVF centre nurse, once we are transfer to IVF centre, the price will be like a private patient cost? Anyone has this similar situation before?
(2) What kind of food best to consume to prepare me on a smoother process during IVF?
(3) Which gynae is the best at the KKH IVF centre with good review?
hi there, you can actually visit other forum threads 'ivf/icsi' and it's a very active threads abt ivf.
if you are eligible govt grant, I'm not too sure what you mean by private rates. maybe ivf itself is not a govt subsidised treatment but priced a std rates w govt grants and limited use of medisave.
Personally I look for Dr Tan Heng Hao, he's very popular. but at kkh, you won't get to see your requested doc during scans and visits. It'll be by the duty doctor. Your assigned doc will attend to you during Embryos Retrieval (ER) & Embryo Transfer(ET).

My bb gal is thru ivf.. I have no luck w natural conceived all these years..
Lost one in 2013 then last year strike twins but one didn't make it n my bb gal was inside when it happened. Worry die me when I was warded in bed for 5d4n, cannot even go restroom cos dr n nurse scared infection n affect her.

Hi dolly_gal,

Sorry to know that you lost the other twin. Luckily, you still got 1 rainbow baby.

Hi karoosel, sorry for the late reply (didn't receive any notifications)! I used to take Gaia.. It costs like $85 for 30 pills.. However, I asked one of the doctors I see and he recommended me to take VS3 probiotics but he said that as these kind of probiotics contain live bacteria, has to be refrigerated if not it will turn bad. I don't think I want to try VS3, sounds bad.. I have bad stomach I need to take fresh food.. haha.. Which brand of probiotics do you take? Thank you!

From my own "research" then, I read that a specific good bacteria called Lactobacillus Acidophilus is good for maintaining balanced intestinal flora and down there. I just focused on that particular probiotic and I would choose the one with the highest bacterial count. I forgot the name of the brand but I used to buy from Mustafa :) i think the name is Mega Acidophilus and it has about 6Billion bacterial count per capsule.

From my own "research" then, I read that a specific good bacteria called Lactobacillus Acidophilus is good for maintaining balanced intestinal flora and down there. I just focused on that particular probiotic and I would choose the one with the highest bacterial count. I forgot the name of the brand but I used to buy from Mustafa :) i think the name is Mega Acidophilus and it has about 6Billion bacterial count per capsule.
Thank you for the details!! :)

Halo.. Just sharing
Probiotic not only look at highest count of bacteria, it also has to look at highest live count after it went through gastric acid. Most of the probiotic on the shelf do not hav live bacteria or after swallow, killed by our gastric acid. The number of bacteria still alive that were sent to intestine is the key to build good bacteria & achieve a balance with existing bad bacteria.

Hi KKHB,

Thanks for your concern. Hopefully after my husband and myself consult Prof Mahesh Choolani for our test results review this Sept 25 (Fri) morning, in his private clinic, we will know what next step to take in our trying to conceive. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can hold the rainbow baby in my arms.
Hi dear, how was your visit w Prof Choolani?

I am turning 35 too next year..time really seems to fly fast when we are TTC-ing. Really hope one day, I will have my own success story to tell. Today read the article in the papers that more women are remaining childless. I would think the majority of women do want to have children, just like all of us here.
I still remember doing a self-intro of myself some years back while on a work course, that I visualise myself with at least a kid by age 35..ha never thought that I might still be waiting for this moment on my birthday next year.

Too much time on my hands here on this Sunday afternoon for some self-reflection..hehe

Jiayou to all of us here! :)

Thanks char-mee!..i read your recent posts, i think you have got pregnant naturally? Congrats to u! I really admire u and many other ladies who have tried iui, ivf more than once and not discouraged by failures.
Both hubby and myself will opt for iui if there's still no good news this year.

Thanks char-mee!..i read your recent posts, i think you have got pregnant naturally? Congrats to u! I really admire u and many other ladies who have tried iui, ivf more than once and not discouraged by failures.
Both hubby and myself will opt for iui if there's still no good news this year.
Thanks. Been through 2 IUIs n 2 ivf before now. A friend told me this, the chances of you being lucky depends on how much you want it. Pray hard for it and one day you'll be given.

I am turning 35 too next year..time really seems to fly fast when we are TTC-ing. Really hope one day, I will have my own success story to tell. Today read the article in the papers that more women are remaining childless. I would think the majority of women do want to have children, just like all of us here.
I still remember doing a self-intro of myself some years back while on a work course, that I visualise myself with at least a kid by age 35..ha never thought that I might still be waiting for this moment on my birthday next year.

Too much time on my hands here on this Sunday afternoon for some self-reflection..hehe

Jiayou to all of us here! :)
You are still young! I was 40 when I started to prepare for pregnancy.

Im 37 and trying for my first.

Hi MTB-2015, hows yr journey coming along? Pls do share some stories to keep us all motivated here.

Hi, I'm 36 and delivered my first bb on May this year. Married at 33 and wasn't keen on having a baby so soon as I was chasing the corporate ladder and didn't want to rush nor compromise with my lifestyle. After a stressful stint at a previous job, started questioning the meaning of life and asked myself would I regret later if when I really want a baby but it's too late. Guess everything happens for a reason as my health gave way to fibroids, appendicitis and led to a gynae from NUH being appointed to my case. So we started on this regular follow up of my case to an assessment on my fertility. I was glad that it happened coz I was never really trying for a baby since I was married. Was prescribed clomid to boost my ovulation though my ovulation was normal. Finally I decided to quit my job, and started to take care and prepare my body by exercising and eating healthily. Thankfully I got pregnant three months later. But due to age, I had my fair share of complications like bleeding, possibility of ectopic pregnancy as my sac could not be detected by two different gynaes! Also had pre term contractions and gestational diabetes. I counted myself lucky I quit in a way coz I was able to bed rest most of the time n the need to be admitted numerous times. I would not be able to focus on my job anyway. With medication and bed rest, I finally gave birth to my boy in May this year and every time I see his smile, I told myself all is worth it. I really hope u ladies don't give up hope and may u have ur bundle of joy soon.

Thanks SPINSTERELLA, fedfan and Skivewalker for your encouragement. Nervous to start IVF. Was told to start my NE pills soon.

Have u considered trying iui 2 more times? The advice i normally get is to try iui 3 times before deciding ivf.

Well i dont wana waste money and time on IUI if i keep ovulating on my left blocked tube which is the dominant tube. Hence decided to go straight for IVF which Dr Chew didnt object. We waited almost a year for my right side to ovulate but it didnt.

I haven't discuss with my man but I personally prefer to stick with TSB (if 有缘)for max 6 months. And I will quit this ttc plan if nothing positive comes out of it. But that's what I think...have to see what my ahlao says.

Hello everyone.
Just thought wanna comment on TSB. I have stopped seeing her because I lost patience (lol) and her medicine was making my pre/post af spotting worse. I remember someone here mentioned before her herbs did the same thing to her cycle. It has been about 3-4months since I've stopped her herbs and my spotting issue has pretty much cleared.

No 缘 with her but I'm sure her hands have had worked magic on some.

Hi KKHB

Regarding UTI, maybe you can try just using normal temperature water to wash not more than three times per day.
Air the area before putting on panties. If possible, you can try not to wear panties at home for the time being till you get better.
Of coz, do not forget to drink lots of water and the cranberry juice. Do not try to endure your urine and also no need to wait til the bladder is full.

Can try out these inexpensive methods. Hope it helps.

Hello everyone.
Just thought wanna comment on TSB. I have stopped seeing her because I lost patience (lol) and her medicine was making my pre/post af spotting worse. I remember someone here mentioned before her herbs did the same thing to her cycle. It has been about 3-4months since I've stopped her herbs and my spotting issue has pretty much cleared.

No 缘 with her but I'm sure her hands have had worked magic on some.
Ooo sad to know tsb doesn't works for u. Agree tat everything is fate.

Hi all
I happen to chance tis topic...i just wanna share my experience & encouragement to all ladies.
I concived at the age of 34 ...give birth at the 35.
We are not active except we wanna dragon baby then time & ttc but didnt manage to conceive until horse year.
I suspect it is really the health cos i got pregnant after i m jobless.
Do take note both husband & wife lifestylw to be healthy.Try not to work ot too much.Relax

For UTI i got 1 during my pregnancy which i dunno & ate antibiotic lucky nothing happen.My boy is healthy so far.
Actually i like to wash immediately after as i like to be clean but i also get pregnant.When i try for dragon year , i also waited a while then wash but didnt get pregnant.So just wash when Dr advise .

JIAYOU LADIES

H
Relax, I understand what you are going through. My hubs also pamper me a lot, says I'm his big baby. Lol. Our time will come. God will give us what is best for us, at the right time.

Take care and leave everything in His hands.
hi..I really need to pour my frustrations I'm 48 still with no kids!!! Aiyaaahhhh...Life is so unfair...hmmmmm

I'm in my 40s too.
Have you and hubby done any fertility tests before?
I was married at the age of 26 that was my 1st marriage after 20 yrs we got divorced. This is my 2nd marriage n it has been a year plus still no luck in conceiving. I did fertility tests with my ex husband infact did endoscopy of my womb fallopian tubes n such but my gyneas didn't seem to find any major prblms to them. Hmmmmm...so far with my present hubby we haven't go for any tests yet. Btw we had adopted an adorable boy he'll be 2 yrs old nxt mnth. I feel very blessed he came into my life after so many years of waiting n yearning for a miracle to happen, God had finally looked down on me. My hubby loves him soooo much n had regarded him like his own. And I am so thankful to God for that...
But of course I wanted so madly to get preg, I always feel so down n miserable with my life thinking that my chances n hopes are slipping away due to my age factor. Next year I'll be 49 my hubby is 17 years younger than I am n this is his first marriage. I feel so bad let alone useless for not being abled to give him a baby. Though he understands me n had already accepted me for my shortness but still I feel so frustrated n angry...

I was married at the age of 26 that was my 1st marriage after 20 yrs we got divorced. This is my 2nd marriage n it has been a year plus still no luck in conceiving. I did fertility tests with my ex husband infact did endoscopy of my womb fallopian tubes n such but my gyneas didn't seem to find any major prblms to them. Hmmmmm...so far with my present hubby we haven't go for any tests yet. Btw we had adopted an adorable boy he'll be 2 yrs old nxt mnth. I feel very blessed he came into my life after so many years of waiting n yearning for a miracle to happen, God had finally looked down on me. My hubby loves him soooo much n had regarded him like his own. And I am so thankful to God for that...
But of course I wanted so madly to get preg, I always feel so down n miserable with my life thinking that my chances n hopes are slipping away due to my age factor. Next year I'll be 49 my hubby is 17 years younger than I am n this is his first marriage. I feel so bad let alone useless for not being abled to give him a baby. Though he understands me n had already accepted me for my shortness but still I feel so frustrated n angry...
LIFE SUCKS!!!!

@Mirtia I'm glad to hear you've an adopted child and indeed that's a true blessing too. It takes so much of a big heart to accept a little being as part of your family and that, I truly think will bring you great karma.

We are quite in similar boat. I got remarried 5 years ago and my hubby is 9 years younger. We had gone through a challenging phase in this ttc journey and I used to blame myself secretly that he might already have an abundance of children if he married a younger wife. But I know very well that he loves me the same regardless. And I believe it's likewise for both of you too.

There was already a point that I promised myself what come may. I feel totally blessed this man came into my life and everyday has been a fulfilling journey. I count my blessings everyday and I know I will have him to love and hold till the end of our time. I think it's important to keep our faith alive... on having a child of our own, regardless of age (miracle happens), but at the same we make the best out of what we have now. Whatever comes we call it a Bonus.

Good luck to you.

Thanks redvel for ur reply..
At least I know I am not alone, there is someone abled to understand my long silent sufferings...God bless you!

LIFE SUCKS!!!!

Mirtia,
Life is fantastic! Challenging! Exciting!
Especially when hav kid, whether own blood or not. i m going into 40, still, live energetically with my 3 demanding kids, youngest is 4 years old, work cum children, most of time no helper, cox helper always come & scare off then gone!

Mirtia,
Life is fantastic! Challenging! Exciting!
Especially when hav kid, whether own blood or not. i m going into 40, still, live energetically with my 3 demanding kids, youngest is 4 years old, work cum children, most of time no helper, cox helper always come & scare off then gone![/QUOT

Hi rachel20,

Ok thank u..

Hi I am Ttc and have a pre-schooler kid. I have been trying for 2nd one and just went to KKH. My first was after a wait for 5 yrs. Any gynae in KKH/ private practice to recommend? My gynae is not delivering anymore. I just did a blood test and body check fm KKH. Coming up next Wld be HSG test and hubby's test.

Im 37 two days ago and had my 1st ICSI ET (on my bday).Now is my 2ww period....My BT will be on 24th Dec at Kkivf ctr....Hope for the best and wish for the best Xmas pressie!

Im 37 two days ago and had my 1st ICSI ET (on my bday).Now is my 2ww period....My BT will be on 24th Dec at Kkivf ctr....Hope for the best and wish for the best Xmas pressie!
Good luck. I was with KKIVF in 2014 too. Hope Santa delivers sweet gift to you this season.

Back