2016/07 July babies

My ovulation is on 3 Nov too! Guess our bb will be due around the same time :) do update after your gynae visit. I'll be seeing mine next fri and I can't wait too!

@JAPL @hell0panda we all have the same ovulation date...! My first appt will be on next tue, so excited.

Where do u ladies stay, perhaps we can meet up or anytthing as such.

Jo Wong , your uterus is expanding and gaining space for the baby plus fluid and placenta also forming and also due to hormone changes our intestines actually bloated due to slow digestion and build up of gas.
Tender breast and some other fluid retentions in other torsos and limbs add in that " extra" weight too.dont worry about it.
It will actually even out if you eat as per normal .

Thanks so much for the assurance. I thought I was overeating.. Cos I read there is no need to gain extra calories during 1st trimester. So I was thinking how come I gained so much, so fast even though I hardly take carbs.

@JAPL @3p1m same here! Last week I just told my best friend I can't be her sister, felt so bad for the last min notice but I managed to help her find my replacement. Will still be attending her wedding next week thou. Will still be attending 2 weddings in dec, one in jan and one in june.

Like to know if any mtbs went for Thalassemia BT before?

My 19month niece is tested recently to be positive (Thala minor) and I've learnt it's quite common. Her twin brother aka my nephew however is tested not a carrier. Therefore my sis is adviced to be checked as well and indeed she is a carrier too (minor). I've long known that my another sis is also a minor carrier but somehow I didn't get to test prior to my ttc. Me and my hubby went to have our BT done yesterday and we shall know the result in 3 weeks.

Wonder if anyone here may have family history of this. Thanks.

My 19month niece is tested recently to be positive (Thala minor) and I've learnt it's quite common. Her twin brother aka my nephew however is tested not a carrier. Therefore my sis is adviced to be checked as well and indeed she is a carrier too (minor). I've long known that my another sis is also a minor carrier but somehow I didn't get to test prior to my ttc. Me and my hubby went to have our BT done yesterday and we shall know the result in 3 weeks.

Hi thala minor is common, as long as both parents awe not minor, I.e. Only either one is , should be ok.

My bil is carrier and out of 3 kids, one of them is a carrier.

My hb has a friend, both husband and wife are carrier and they have given birth to 2 healthy and beautiful kids.

I can't recalled if I have tested this for my last pregnancy as I can't find any records but my gynae has ordered for my hb and I to do Thalassemia blood test on the next visit. No idea why.

I am a thala minor. Hb and I went for the Thalassemia BT recently too, we are waiting for the result. Don't worry so much yet, even if both parents are thala minor, the chances of a kid having the same defect is only 25%.

Am a Thala minor too but hubby tested during last pregnancy and he is not. I didn't test my baby though. Would hospital run a routine treat to test bb if 1 patent is a carrier?

Am a Thala minor too but hubby tested during last pregnancy and he is not. I didn't test my baby though. Would hospital run a routine treat to test bb if 1 patent is a carrier?

Don't think they will since your baby is either normal or only a carrier that might not have any symptoms. However, perhaps you can request for a Thala BT for your baby.

Thanks for sharing ladies.

According to the counseling at the KKH thala clinic, if both parents are carrier, let your gynae know and he /she will advice what to do for your unborn baby. If necessary, need to perform CVS for fetal blood sampling at 10-12weeks. This is mainly to detect for thala major, not minor, since the latter leads pretty much a normal life.

tomorrow is gonna be my first appointment with Dr Heng.. I am really excited yet so scared. I keep trying to think positive. Usually, what will they do on first appointment?

Jo Wong,they will take weight, blood pressure, ask for the first day or your last menses, tell you the EDD and scan the bb. They will also give you calcium and folic acid pills.

T
Jo Wong,they will take weight, blood pressure, ask for the first day or your last menses, tell you the EDD and scan the bb. They will also give you calcium and folic acid pills.

thanks bbq98! But what if.... I really forgot when was my last menses? Will they be able to check how many weeks pregnant I am now?

@Jo Wong, doc will do a transvaginal scan on you and that can help to estimate how far along you're.

I got 6 pills from doc. That's quite a handful but he is a very careful doc who prefers to cover all grounds. To be honest I'm so sick of popping them 2-3x a day but I gotta take them religiously anyhow.

I need some guidance, I am still contemplating to go for my referral to KKH (as subsidy) or private women's clinic. Anyone knows the price different between the two? And roughly how much would it cost if I were to choose C-Sec instead of natural for private / subsidised? Headache about this.

@Deceptionist for kkh (subsidized), u won't be able to choose your doc. There is no fixed doc and you will see whoever is on duty during ur appt and delivery. For private one, u can choose yr dr and it will be the same dr throughout your pregnancy and delivery. C sec will definitely cost more than natural.

Just went for my 2nd gyne appt at 9 weeks. Baby is 2.5cm! So exciting could see the heartbeat! EDD 3 July :)

Now I feel more assured.. cos alr had the same nightmare twice.. gyne scan and see nth inside! What a scary nightmare! Think cos I dun feel any symptoms so sometimes I can get paranoid wondering if the baby is still in there..

@Mag23 r u excited to see bb tmr? :) Do update us after ur visit.

@JAPL @Mag23 I'm staying at sengkang too! which hospital will u be delivering at?

I have not decided. Plan either Mt A or TMC. But I think Mt A cheaper. On e other hand I'm thinking if Kkh private rate is it about e same as mt A. Cuz I know subsidized pt will.not get to see e same doctor all e time n May have longer waiting time. I think e different is e room charges. Consult etc maybe about e same rate. What do you all think?

Woah how come weekly? Mine is usually 3 wks later.

Next appt will be doing scan and blood test for Down Syndrome alr.. not looking forward to it! :(
I have had complications before so this doc says he wants to watch me closely like a hawk (quoting him word for word). After first trime the interval will not be so short.

I'm looking forward to time flashing past with all the tests to be done. I just hope these 40 weeks is over quickly. The NT scan is fun. That's the time you'll spend a lot of time seeing your bb on the screen.

I have had complications before so this doc says he wants to watch me closely like a hawk (quoting him word for word). After first trime the interval will not be so short.

I'm looking forward to time flashing past with all the tests to be done. I just hope these 40 weeks is over quickly. The NT scan is fun. That's the time you'll spend a lot of time seeing your bb on the screen.

Ohh sounds fun! I'm ok w scan.. just not ok w drawing of blood! But my doc said she will schedule it tog w the routine blood tests. . So that she won't need to poke me so many times!

Anyone here has bad MS that last the whole day? I am only in my 7 weeks and it lasts the whole day. Wasn't like this before and I am so scared that it'll get worse. :(

@seseme_seed You've a very thoughtful gynae.

@MistyCloud How's your MS like? Mine strike worst at 6weeks. I don't puke but get reflux all the time. Even now at 8weeks, I can only stomach a third of my normal diet. I just can't think of food at all.

It will subside for you too I'm sure. Hang on there.

@redvel , @MistyCloud
I too have MS for the entire Week 6. No appetite to eat and have vomiting sensation all day long. Now Week 7 and my appetite is turning good. I had subway for breakfast and chicken rice for lunch. Looking forward to my dinner later hahaha!
I read that most MS will be full blown at Wk 8-10. Just try to distract yourself and you will forget about the symptoms.

Hi yumsoup,

My gynae is Dr Yvonne Chan from TMC.
However, I am unsure if she takes in new patient. Her clinic no. is 6256 4664.

Just went for my 2nd gyne appt at 9 weeks. Baby is 2.5cm! So exciting could see the heartbeat! EDD 3 July :)

Now I feel more assured.. cos alr had the same nightmare twice.. gyne scan and see nth inside! What a scary nightmare! Think cos I dun feel any symptoms so sometimes I can get paranoid wondering if the baby is still in there..

I've seen my gynae at 7 weeks plus, next appt at 12 weeks. I do get paranoid frequently too because I don't have much symptoms, sometimes I am afraid if the baby is still in there. I would check for blood stains when I go to the bathroom all the time. My hb think I am over-thinking it and I should be lucky that I don't have much symptoms now at coming end of week 8.

I am looking forward to my next appointment to get some reassurance again.

Did most of your gynae prescribed you all calcium pills? What dosage is it?

I've seen my gynae but he didn't mention anything about calcium pills, I wonder if I should get some.

My MS is like constant nausea feeling. Feel tired and feel like puking before and after meals. Didn't actually puke but the feeling is so constant that it's making me sick and very sian...

Can even wake up in the middle of the night feeling sick.

Yes, mine were twitching/stretching during my 2nd scan. Not sure if because I'm too hungry. It's so surreal to see them when they are only 2cm.

Have to endure for 3 weeks again to see how they develop. :)

I've seen my gynae but he didn't mention anything about calcium pills, I wonder if I should get some.

Mine hasn't prescribe. Gynae mentioned next visit. I'm drinking milk daily for now.

My MS is like constant nausea feeling. Feel tired and feel like puking before and after meals. Didn't actually puke but the feeling is so constant that it's making me sick and very sian...

Can even wake up in the middle of the night feeling sick.

I am going through the same as you! Last week I made myself vomit out one night and still feel the same. :(

Hello. I'm Ard 7 wks. Bleeding quite a bit so gyane gave me 1 week MC. Feel so awful with the daily utrogestan and weekly injection.

For me I feel sick when stomach is empty and when I smell food/cooking. Very sensitive sense of smell now. Anyone has same symptoms?

My doctor advocates getting nutrients from food. Even I said I cant drink milk now, he ask me to eat from other sources like cheese and yoghurt. My friend recommend me to buy New Obimin, which the clinic nurse said it's ok for multivitamins. So I only took this supplement on random days.

If you can drink milk, can try Annum milk powder to get the calcium.

@tenq I'm also getting progesterone shot weekly. Minimal moving about as advised by gynae. Please rest well this week.

My symptoms are the same as yours. I'm wishing there is a daily supplement pill to replace my meals as I'm totally not interested in food too. When I read that the rest of the ladies are eating well and enjoying their food, I'm so looking forward to that stage. Now I'm just eating for the sake of getting some nutrients.

Our horrid symptoms will pass eventually. Gynae has taught me to smell lime skin whenever you feel overly nausea. Helps a tiny bit.

Well for reasons I started throwing out this morning in the car and just now on way home....definitely not a good feeling

Lemon skin only helps a tiny bit? I guess better than nothing. I'm resting at home but there's upgrading works at my estate and it's sooooo noisy. I dunno how to survive one week of drilling.

Hi Yumsoup

Her consultation is $100 per trip.
there will be scan, urine test, sterility fees that will add up to about $95.
Her package only available after 1st trimester, cant remember exactly when. I also forgot what is her package fee already.

My doctor advocates getting nutrients from food. Even I said I cant drink milk now, he ask me to eat from other sources like cheese and yoghurt. My friend recommend me to buy New Obimin, which the clinic nurse said it's ok for multivitamins. So I only took this supplement on random days.

If you can drink milk, can try Annum milk powder to get the calcium.

Iam trying to drink 2 cups of milk a day (one cup of fresh milk and one cup of enfamama A+ chocolate formula milk) but because I don't usually drink milk daily it is tedious to remember and drink them now. On some days, the thought of drinking milk makes me nauseous and disgusted.

Back