2016/06 (June) baby

First time mom! EDD 6 June. Can add me to the fb group? Fb name: Boon Peiya
(Man it took me 10min - plus consulting another mom - to figure out how to post this. Not the most user friendly interface huh! The post function should be at the top of the page!)
Hi Peizee,

Fren request sent ! :D once you accept it I can add u to the secret group.

Hi everyone! I'm a Jun 2016 mummy too! Edd is 12 Jun. So excited. Been trying for very long for this baby and finally got it. =D
I'm currently in my week 11, coming week 12 next week. Start of the second trimester. Currently, I'm a subsidized patient at KKH.
Will be switching to TMC afterwards. Happy to see that there are a number of Jun 16 mummies around!
We can share experiences, lobangs for future baby products. =D
Know that theres this secret FB going on. Can add me in too? my id is: [email protected]
Fren request sent ! :D Once you accept I canadd you into the secret group.

Hi ladies! I'm a first time mum and at 37 years old! My EDD is 25 June. It was a totally unexpected pregnancy and I already have trips planned for December and February... My gynae is Dr HK Ho from Mt Alvernia. Think he is very expensive, but during the first scan he said I have fibroids, so we thought we better stick with him as I have read reviews that he is very skillful and experienced. During the last scan, all my fibroids grew and he found 6 of them :( Just hoping for the best and hope it doesn't affect my upcoming trips. He also recommended that I do the "non-invasion prenatal test" which is nearly 3 times more expensive than OSCARS. Did anyone do that test?

Hi all, posted earlier regarding our exciting discovery.
EDD 12.06.2016 ;)

Visited Mount A's Dr HK Ho twice since.
Though we are not sure how other Drs' charges are like, it loaded onto us like what most mummies advised, that his charges are on the high side.
For the 2 visits (consul, scan, test, jab and meds), we have spent close to $700. And we have to return every week.

We are expecting to spend $1200 or more for a month's worth of visit. Is this what we should be looking at? This has certainly made things a lot less exciting... :(

We are in search of alternatives. We earn average income and I don't think we will be able to sustain such fees till delivery.

Mummies, any recommendation on good gynae with affordable fees?
TIA!

I'm also with Dr HK Ho, and so far I've only visited him on my 5th week and end of 7th week. I will be seeing him this Friday when I'm 11th week. Are you seeing him during 1st trimester also? If so, I wonder why he asked to see you so frequently. And somemore, mine is a complex pregnancy with fibroids and I'm already 37 years old...

Hi ladies! I'm a first time mum and at 37 years old! My EDD is 25 June. It was a totally unexpected pregnancy and I already have trips planned for December and February... My gynae is Dr HK Ho from Mt Alvernia. Think he is very expensive, but during the first scan he said I have fibroids, so we thought we better stick with him as I have read reviews that he is very skillful and experienced. During the last scan, all my fibroids grew and he found 6 of them :( Just hoping for the best and hope it doesn't affect my upcoming trips. He also recommended that I do the "non-invasion prenatal test" which is nearly 3 times more expensive than OSCARS. Did anyone do that test?

I'm 38 years old first-time mum and did the Harmony test (the non-invasive test) during my 10th week with Dr Loh SF. The test costs $1300 and received results within a week (normal - phew! my heart was thumping fast as the nurse read the results through the phone to me).
The test also provided the gender too.. kinda nice to know this early.

Hurrr.. We are 30.. But I had light spotting one morning some time back in week 6/7, a day before I saw him. When he examined me he already confirmed no more spotting (similar for every subsequent visit) but scheduled visit for me every week till recently, once every 2 weeks. Apart from that light spotting then, I have no other complication. I am in my 12th week now. Not sure why the high frequency also :(

I'm also with Dr HK Ho, and so far I've only visited him on my 5th week and end of 7th week. I will be seeing him this Friday when I'm 11th week. Are you seeing him during 1st trimester also? If so, I wonder why he asked to see you so frequently. And somemore, mine is a complex pregnancy with fibroids and I'm already 37 years old...

Hi all MTB, I'm new too. Inital EDD was 9 June when I visit my gynae on week 7. But next visit (week 12), my EDD was pushed forward to 31 May. Kindly surprised that the EDD can be pushed forward for so many days. Currently I'm seeing Dr Wendy Teo where her clinic is located at Mount E Novena and I find her pleasant and patient. Done Oscar too and result is ideal, not at risk.
Cindy, please add me into the FB secret group. I've put up a friend request this morning under "Irene Tan".
By the way, anyone experience cold tummy near the naval area? I always have this feeling that the surrounding area of the naval is cold.

Last edited:
Hi all MTB, I'm new too. Inital EDD was 9 June when I visit my gynae on week 7. But next visit (week 12), my EDD was pushed forward to 31 May. Kindly surprised that the EDD can be pushed forward for so many days. Currently I'm seeing Dr Wendy Teo where her clinic is located at Mount E Novena and I find her pleasant and patient. Done Oscar too and result is ideal, not at risk.
Cindy, please add me into the FB secret group. I've put up a friend request this morning under "Irene Tan".
By the way, anyone experience cold tummy near the naval area? I always have this feeling that the surrounding area of the naval is cold.
Hi newmummytobe, can you try to add me again? I didn't see any new fren request. [email protected] Thanks !

My initial EDD was constant at 12 June and recently moved to 5 June :p Dr told me it will keep changing based on the growth of yr bb. Sounds like your bb is growing well! ;)

I experience cold belly also. Googled and seems like a common occurrence, nothing much to worry about, though I will still ask my Dr when i see him tomorrow. Some say it's your bb gathering all the warmth around it, how cute. While old wives' tale has it that a cold belly represents a baby girl...:rolleyes:

Let you know what my Dr say about it tmr!

My "first" EDD is on 1 June then 2nd gynae visit move to 3 June.. 3rd visit move to 26 May haha

But my belly is warm! Very warm.. But I haven't got to know beanie gender yet.. Hopefully next mon visit will know!

I just did my scan & found out that my fibroids is 2cm. doctor frm TMC - Tan WK says it's harmless but I'm pretty worried coz I get really bad tummyache. the elderly say that could be because baby is pressing on the fibroid thus the pain.

is it common to have fibroid during pregnancy?

Hi All, nice to know all of you - my name is Jia Ling. 14 + weeks now. EDD 1 June :) I am visiting Dr John Yam at Gleneagles. Please add me in secret FB [email protected] and watsap group. looking forward to learn more from the group! so exciting!

Oh ya, and I have done harmony test and the results is out within one week - super fast. Baby is normal and I am having a baby boy :)

I just did my scan & found out that my fibroids is 2cm. doctor frm TMC - Tan WK says it's harmless but I'm pretty worried coz I get really bad tummyache. the elderly say that could be because baby is pressing on the fibroid thus the pain.

is it common to have fibroid during pregnancy?
Hi swlret
Dun worry too much, my first pregnancy also got fibroid and doc monitored and at the end i have smooth delivery. and now my 2nd pregnancy also same, doc said so long does not grow when bb growing, than just leave it

Hi swlret
Dun worry too much, my first pregnancy also got fibroid and doc monitored and at the end i have smooth delivery. and now my 2nd pregnancy also same, doc said so long does not grow when bb growing, than just leave it

thanks dear! pray for a smooth journey. :)

btw mummies, anyone using stretch mark oil/cream already? any to recommend? I'm using Bio Oil, but it doesn't really work on me. my tummy still gets v itchy even after applying, have some rashes the next day too. :(

Am seeing Dr Wendy too. She is gd, my #1 is also her.

Congratulations to all here! With kkh. I'm due 01.06.16. But may move forward if I do c section. So pls dun mind me appearing in the May group. :)

Hi ladies

My friend recommended me the clarins and I love it!

I think u ladies can try too..

There is a tonic oil which preps the skin and one lotion for stretch marks too.

For stretch marks - im using Biorlane (recommended by QiuQiu)
So far so good and easily absorb into skin :')

By the way, anyone has any idea how much TMC charge for the OSCAR scan?

I'm intending to get the clarins lotion but kinda ex at Sgd 85 for a standard size from local cosmetic counter. Anyone bought it elsewhere cheaper?

I'm intending to get the clarins lotion but kinda ex at Sgd 85 for a standard size from local cosmetic counter. Anyone bought it elsewhere cheaper?
i recently bought at taka a package for $165, come with strech mark control, lotion, scrub, face lift cream n leg cream.

wah seem like i miss alot haha.. went for oscar on 26nov and all results well.. now waiting for boxing day to see gynae again..
hopefully wk 16 can see gender.. now hb and i are guessing .. and my 2 boys on my side 3 of us hoping for boy and only my hb hope for ger ..
hehe..
happy preg everyone ~~~

i am also with Dr Wendy Teo. Do you girls know she is travelling first week of June? She told me if i would like to look for other gynae if not she will arrange another female gynae to cover that period.
darkicicle, Dr Wendy told you she will be on leave during June? Oh no! Means might need to find other suitable gynae? I'm seeing her next Friday, which is my week 16. Did she discuss with you on any of her package yet?

My initial EDD was constant at 12 June and recently moved to 5 June :p Dr told me it will keep changing based on the growth of yr bb. Sounds like your bb is growing well! ;)

I experience cold belly also. Googled and seems like a common occurrence, nothing much to worry about, though I will still ask my Dr when i see him tomorrow. Some say it's your bb gathering all the warmth around it, how cute. While old wives' tale has it that a cold belly represents a baby girl...:rolleyes:

Let you know what my Dr say about it tmr!
Hi littleoneinme, did u manage to check with your gynae on the occurrence of a cold belly? isit true that urs is a gal?? :p

Last weekend metro got 20% sales - including clarins pdt.
Can kp a lookout for the next sales. Xmas is coming, sure have another round of sales soon

Aiyo sorry forgot to update you.

I asked, and my obgyn being known for his indirect replies lost me (esp after I waited 3.5hours to see him that day). I tried asking hubs if he remember his theory, no luck.
I only remember hearing something about our nerves and flow of blood, and yin-yang (lol :eek:)
In conclusion, he said it is nothing to worry about, it is common.

Yours is not constantly cold right?
Are you in the fb group? Some mummies mentioned about cold belly recently.

Dunno if it is girl or not yet leh, and I'm definitely not going to ask my Dr based on old wives tale - he will nag me lol.
It is our first, I am in fact intending to tell my Dr not to specifically announce gender to us, we wanna discover on our own. Heh.

Hi littleoneinme, did u manage to check with your gynae on the occurrence of a cold belly? isit true that urs is a gal?? :p

Hi all parents to be (if there are daddies here)...

My EDD is 14 June 2015.
Please add me to the FB Group: [email protected].

Hope that we can organize some outings when our LOs is born (During maternity) :)

i am also with Dr Wendy Teo. Do you girls know she is travelling first week of June? She told me if i would like to look for other gynae if not she will arrange another female gynae to cover that period.

Yup. She informed me but am staying with her hoping that my labor won't be tt early.

Hi all, I found the clarins stretch mark control cream selling at 25 percent off the $85 at local retail shop called TAB. So is actually $63.75. No need membership. Just sharing.

Back