(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I fed my bb with smashed avocado today. She only ate 1/4 of it. Is it too little? We are trying to let her taste avocado for first few days before trying out others..

I think it's fine! The food is just for her to intro some texture & taste besides the usual milk that baby had been having since birth.. slowly then intro more variety & quantity ya.. take it slow & steady!
I also started with a little avocado then moved on to banana.. then sweet potato.. then rice cereal.. am gonna try pumpkin perhaps over the next weekend. Happy feeding! :)

Can we give teething biscuits to baby if they've no tooth yet?

Yup! I just bought a pack of the teething rusks today & gave my LO one! But the lifespan of that rusk was very short.. cos it dropped on the floor in less than 3 mins. . And haha.. I didn't dare to follow the '3-sec' rule for her.. so into the dustbin it went.. and I kinda saw $$$ flying away.. lol!

I think it's fine! The food is just for her to intro some texture & taste besides the usual milk that baby had been having since birth.. slowly then intro more variety & quantity ya.. take it slow & steady!
I also started with a little avocado then moved on to banana.. then sweet potato.. then rice cereal.. am gonna try pumpkin perhaps over the next weekend. Happy feeding! :)
How old is ur baby? Mine has just turn to 6mths old. Initially I tried Heinz first bb food but she kept crying at night possibly bcoz stomache. Then tried avocado so far so good. After this week, will try carrot and apple. Actually, i read online that carrot has quite high nitrite content, is it ok to make on our own? Also.. So far solid food time is 12-1pm, but an auntie i bump at office told me, shall do it in the evening instead for first few days. Why ah..

How old is ur baby? Mine has just turn to 6mths old. Initially I tried Heinz first bb food but she kept crying at night possibly bcoz stomache. Then tried avocado so far so good. After this week, will try carrot and apple. Actually, i read online that carrot has quite high nitrite content, is it ok to make on our own? Also.. So far solid food time is 12-1pm, but an auntie i bump at office told me, shall do it in the evening instead for first few days. Why ah..

Mine is turning 7m end this mth. I just started more active feeding 1 week ago.. initially was testing water kind.. since 1 week ago.. when possible I will squeeze in 1 more feed in the evening. I started with feeding at abt lunch hour leh. . Cos my thinking is if she don't like or got whatever allergy or whatever discomfort.. I would have known by evening and would still have time to react.. if I feed at evening time. . Then sleep time is at risk.. that's my thought lah.. not sure if it's correct or not.. haha..
And oh ya.. I did make carrots for her.. oops.. didn't really think much abt the nitrate thing leh.. hmm.. maybe shld start thinking abt buying organic stuff.
And personally I don't like the jar foods.. so that will be a last resort only if I didn't have other options available.

Hi mummies, how's everyone?

Tot I gonna stop pumping when lo turns 6mos. But I'm pumping still. Drop to 3x a day. Can we pump 2x a day? Meaning 12 hrs then pump wor. Will the milk turn bad in our body? Haha..

Lo is enjoying Heinz cereal so far, for 2 weeks le. But think nestle cereal is better. ;)

Sigh. My LO is 7.5 months old today but she doesn't want to eat any solids. :( She would turn her head away whenever she saw the spoon coming. We fed her rice cereal when she first turned 6 months old. She accepted it for the first 2 days then rejected it. Then we tried porridge - both organic and homecooked ones. Same - ate it for 2 days then rejected them again. Now totally don't want to eat anything. Her 2 older sisters were not like that leh.

Hi mummies, how's everyone?

Tot I gonna stop pumping when lo turns 6mos. But I'm pumping still. Drop to 3x a day. Can we pump 2x a day? Meaning 12 hrs then pump wor. Will the milk turn bad in our body? Haha..

Lo is enjoying Heinz cereal so far, for 2 weeks le. But think nestle cereal is better. ;)
My Lo just turned 6m too. I'm dropping a pump at night too and delaying some pumps. I am also thinking dunno if possible just do two pumps per day but i think may b super engorged leh or maybe body just automatically drop supply.

Hi,

We also make breast milk soap, and we have done so for many mummies successfully. We are a local company which has all the necessary approvals from NEA and HSA, so rest assured that our soaps are of the highest quality!

Our prices are also much more affordable. Our price list is attached! Do visit www.soaplah.com for more details on our products, and details on our past projects on our blog page!

Attachments

• Custom Order Pricing (1).pdf
    229.1 KB · Views: 170
Hows everyone? Life finally back to normal with my helper back. How suay, shortly after she left, my elder one developed mild bronchitis and had to be nebulized and put on antibiotics. The trips to the pd and nights monitoring her left us so drained. Thankfully she's better now!

The good thing is spending time bonding with my boy without helper around. He's gonna be 6mths tmr, and jiejie will turn 4 as well. Time really flies…

Stay healthy mommies and bbs!

My Lo just turned 6m too. I'm dropping a pump at night too and delaying some pumps. I am also thinking dunno if possible just do two pumps per day but i think may b super engorged leh or maybe body just automatically drop supply.

I still DL, but i pump 2x a day.. Unless im out den i replace and add another session. If fully expressed best to stay 4x a day for optimal supply. Since bb start solid, u can expect a decrease in supply output also...

Sigh. My LO is 7.5 months old today but she doesn't want to eat any solids. :( She would turn her head away whenever she saw the spoon coming. We fed her rice cereal when she first turned 6 months old. She accepted it for the first 2 days then rejected it. Then we tried porridge - both organic and homecooked ones. Same - ate it for 2 days then rejected them again. Now totally don't want to eat anything. Her 2 older sisters were not like that leh.

Maybe u can intro her diff food in a longer period. Let her accept cearal for like 5 days, den u change.. If dun accept other den feed back cereal and replace slowly. Let bb used to spoon feed, and also abit water ... Or maybe she jus prefer milk?... Haha so cute lah this age

I still DL, but i pump 2x a day.. Unless im out den i replace and add another session. If fully expressed best to stay 4x a day for optimal supply. Since bb start solid, u can expect a decrease in supply output also...

@furbee, what time do u schedule your 2 pumps ah? I'm currently doing 3 pumps, 6am, 1pm & 5pm. DL when I'm home at abt 8pm. Feel like dropping the 5pm pump.. but scared LO will choke cos will be super engorged.. and also scared she can't drink that much to clear off before I go to sleep.. so I also dunno how.. haha..
She's eating cereal once a day.. milk intake also stagnant never increase.. aiyo.. I so hope she can drink more lor..

Has any of your LO milk intake went down after trying semi solids? Been feeding for the past 3 days carrots (not pureed but more like mashed up) and LO intake is lesser. Feeds can be stretched to once every 4 hrs instead of the usual 3.

It's been 3 weeks since I dropped 1 session. Supply has been decreasing and body is seasoned and no longer will engorge. Only the first few days will feel a bit blockage. Somemore I had diarrhea few days back, supply drop drastically.

Has any of your LO milk intake went down after trying semi solids? Been feeding for the past 3 days carrots (not pureed but more like mashed up) and LO intake is lesser. Feeds can be stretched to once every 4 hrs instead of the usual 3.
Mine still drinks the same amount and the duration is still 3 hrly

@furbee, what time do u schedule your 2 pumps ah? I'm currently doing 3 pumps, 6am, 1pm & 5pm. DL when I'm home at abt 8pm. Feel like dropping the 5pm pump.. but scared LO will choke cos will be super engorged.. and also scared she can't drink that much to clear off before I go to sleep.. so I also dunno how.. haha..
She's eating cereal once a day.. milk intake also stagnant never increase.. aiyo.. I so hope she can drink more lor..

Currently I'm pumping 3x per day and I don't DL.. Supply did dropped a little but still not that bad.. Don't know why this few days my boy don't want to drink milk in the morning in the end I got to bring the leftover to my mil ask her to feed him when I go to work... Was wondering he not hungry mah, almost whole night nv drink..

Will be going Taiwan for holiday this coming Jan without my boy and planning to pump there.. Thinking to bring at least the BM pump of the last day back via hand carry, not sure how it will go..

Mine is still feeding around every 3hourly.. But will stretch longer if shes ZzZzzZz..

Dropping my pump to once a day, similar to 1 of the mummy here, had abcess earlier and supply dropped.. Feeling abit bad that i didnt "work hard" to boost back the supply..

Anyone here sleep train your lo? I tried the cry it out method and for hours, my baby still didn't sleep... instead I fear that we are creating negative impact on him... like insecurities etc...

We tried for 3 nights and he doesn't want to sleep even though he was very very sleepy alr... so heart pain! We aborted the plan for now...

Anyone here sleep train your lo? I tried the cry it out method and for hours, my baby still didn't sleep... instead I fear that we are creating negative impact on him... like insecurities etc...

We tried for 3 nights and he doesn't want to sleep even though he was very very sleepy alr... so heart pain! We aborted the plan for now...

I actually start training when my boy is 3-4 months like that.. Mixture of cry it out.. Didn't really let him cry for long....the key is once put him down he cot as much as possible try not to carry him anymore. You can try to pat him to sleep or gently stroke him face or sayang sayang him... I also let him has pacifier...

My lo is 7m now and he doesn't want pacifier even though I've introduced since born... He still need me to keep latching him to sleep! I'm so tired and need sleep so badly!

After more than an hour of crying, I picked him up cos worried neighbours will complain... Now the moment we put him in his cot, he will start to protest...

So so so envy mummies who can sleep through the night... I can't even sleep straight 3-4 hours without him latching...

I actually start training when my boy is 3-4 months like that.. Mixture of cry it out.. Didn't really let him cry for long....the key is once put him down he cot as much as possible try not to carry him anymore. You can try to pat him to sleep or gently stroke him face or sayang sayang him... I also let him has pacifier...

My lo is 7m now and he doesn't want pacifier even though I've introduced since born... He still need me to keep latching him to sleep! I'm so tired and need sleep so badly!

After more than an hour of crying, I picked him up cos worried neighbours will complain... Now the moment we put him in his cot, he will start to protest...

So so so envy mummies who can sleep through the night... I can't even sleep straight 3-4 hours without him latching...

I don't really latch my boy maybe that's why easier... But at times I have difficulty to get him to nap also.. Like today.. Refuse to take afternoon nap.. Haiz...

Mine is still feeding around every 3hourly.. But will stretch longer if shes ZzZzzZz..

Dropping my pump to once a day, similar to 1 of the mummy here, had abcess earlier and supply dropped.. Feeling abit bad that i didnt "work hard" to boost back the supply..
Me thinking about dropping pump everyday again. Gg hit 7mths liao. Mine oso feeding ard 3 hrly. Only at nite 4 hrly. He really likes pumpkin too. But tink he better mood to eat in the morning.
When shld we start porridge?

Anyone of u still facing hair fall issue? My bb is 6m n a week old but my hair is still falling badly. Don't even dare to do rebonding or colouring. Just got a new helper today an am glad bb likes her n she seems good n finally my mum can get a break while it's time for me to tidy up my auntie appearance.

Anyone of u still facing hair fall issue? My bb is 6m n a week old but my hair is still falling badly. Don't even dare to do rebonding or colouring. Just got a new helper today an am glad bb likes her n she seems good n finally my mum can get a break while it's time for me to tidy up my auntie appearance.
I had similar hair fall issue when LO was about 4 months old. LO's 6 months old now and the hair fall has kind of slowed down. Baby hair started to grow around the forehead and fringe area...I just used normal shampoo but bought aveda anti hair fall conditioner and scalp control treatment. Not sure if it works cos hair that falls out will naturally grow back, don't worry!

My hair is still dropping but not as crazy as last time liao. Now all the baby hair starts growing out! I look so silly hahaha

I sleep train my LO at 4months old. Cry it out method and after 4 days she can sleep with just patting. Like evelyntan83 said,key is not pick her up. The older they get,the harder to train. I train during the day (nap time) so that won't disturb neighbors. Different babies take different duration to be sleep train. I was lucky with just 4 days.

My bb is still waking up at night asking for milk. Average 3x each night. Is it normal?
I think it's normal. But I start training my LO to sleep through the night by not giving milk. She already dropped one feed since. And these 2 days she didn't wake up for milk anymore so I suppose she slept through? But she don't sleep well due to startle reflex.

I let her cry and pat her back to sleep whenever she wants milk,give pacifier. Actually baby don't need milk at night after 4mths. If they still wake up for milk,it's just cos a habit or they're greedy. They're not really hungry. U can slowly stretch her hour by hour or cry it out method. They're body will get use to no milk at night,then they won't wake up for milk. U can google it.

I'm looking at gerber biscuits but it says for sitter so I'm not sure is it OK for 6months
I gave teething biscuits/rusks which is very dissolvable. My baby has no teeth yet. I don't give small bites kind which might cause her to choke as she only uses her gums to chew.

Me thinking about dropping pump everyday again. Gg hit 7mths liao. Mine oso feeding ard 3 hrly. Only at nite 4 hrly. He really likes pumpkin too. But tink he better mood to eat in the morning.
Ive not started w porridge too.. Not sure if we can start to give those thats v mushy..

My hair is still falling too.. Using normal shampoo and a tonic spray.. And LO has a liking to pull them esp when hair is wet..

Hi mummies, any bbs taking nestlec Nan pro 2? I got a free tin from nestlec baby club. But my bb is taking Similac total comfort. Would like give away so that not to waste. Expiry 30 June 2016. I can only meet up at raffles or braddell mrt.

Attachments

• 1449102927063.jpg
    1449102927063.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 134
Been some time i read this thread! How is all mummies n babies?
My hair is also falling non stop. Stress..
I waiting for my lo free fm sample too.. I think i might consider giving enfa to follow his elder sis..

Been some time i read this thread! How is all mummies n babies?
My hair is also falling non stop. Stress..
I waiting for my lo free fm sample too.. I think i might consider giving enfa to follow his elder sis..

Hoping the hair falling phase will be over soon.. I have very fine hair. Luckily it stopped after 2 to 3 months of dropping. If not I will become bald by now.

Now my lo will start crying whenever we put him on his cot! So we abort this plan and will probably start again after few weeks later... How long did you let your lo cry? Mine cried non stop for 1 hour and cried even harder when I go over to comfort him... So tired but still don't wanna sleep...

I sleep train my LO at 4months old. Cry it out method and after 4 days she can sleep with just patting. Like evelyntan83 said,key is not pick her up. The older they get,the harder to train. I train during the day (nap time) so that won't disturb neighbors. Different babies take different duration to be sleep train. I was lucky with just 4 days.

Now my lo will start crying whenever we put him on his cot! So we abort this plan and will probably start again after few weeks later... How long did you let your lo cry? Mine cried non stop for 1 hour and cried even harder when I go over to comfort him... So tired but still don't wanna sleep...

I agreed it is harder to train as they get older.. Now at night I don't even really pat him, will just put him in his cot with pacifier and slowly he will sleep. I will stay beside him. When his pacifier drop or he moved out from the pillow, I will put him back to position properly.. My MIL during day time will gentlely sayang his head and stroke his face to get him nap.. But recently afternoon he stays awake longer sometime don't want to nap.. Then some days when he's tired, he nap very long near to 2 hours straight...

Any brands to recommend?
I have been giving mine the heinz biscotti since 6mths old and she really likes it, especially the apple flavour. I just found out that Giant has the banana and chocolate flavours, so got them for her to try too. She also really like those egg balls from kewpie, and knows how to keep them in her mouth until they dissolve, which is pretty fast, before swallowing.

It so happens that our little one showed an interest in food quite early on. So we started encouraging her interest from about 4 months by letting her taste/smell some of what we eat. Now she would try to grab at our food, like she opens her mouth and tries to grab my Ilao Ilao >_<. For purees, we started with apple, which she immediately liked. Then for whatever new fruits we tried her on, we will mix it with apple. So far, we have tried banana, pears (korean and anjou types), sweet potatoes, pumpkins, papaya (not fond), mango (surprisingly not fond), carrots, grapes and peach. I had let her try a little bit of straight up durian today and she was asking for more (yay!). She did not like rice cereal though, both the packet and the home cooked puree type, but we found out that she likes porridge (where you can still see the grains) with a bit of chicken or fish. I guess it has more taste and texture than rice cereal. We have also given her bits of bread and cake.

So I guess the answer to when to start porridge is just to cook as little as possible and try a little bit. If they don't like, then be prepared to finish the rest of the porridge yourself. :p

Tried porridge. My son dun like it as much as white rice. He likes things that he can chew.. Though he hasnt got any teeth. Feeding him can be quite a nightmare. Cos it really depends on his mood now.
So far i have tried pumpkin, sweet potatoes, potatoes, rice crackers, heinz teething biscuits (he really dun like), porridge, white rice, many fruits and yoghurt.

Hello mummies.. my 7 months old baby like to roll and sleep on his tummy n sometimes with his face straight down on the pillow. When I see I will flip him back as I m worry he can't breath even though he is able to flip over now. But if I m in deep sleep at nite I might not notice he is doing that. Am I rite to say he should be smart enough to flip back if he can't breath rite?

Hi, my lo just started solids n she has not poo for 7 days. We are quite worried. So far she has taken cereal and pear puree. Anyone experience this? We intend to bring her to doc tomorrow.

Hello mummies.. my 7 months old baby like to roll and sleep on his tummy n sometimes with his face straight down on the pillow. When I see I will flip him back as I m worry he can't breath even though he is able to flip over now. But if I m in deep sleep at nite I might not notice he is doing that. Am I rite to say he should be smart enough to flip back if he can't breath rite?
My girl will flip over in middle of night and she will turn her face to rest on her side. She will cry out loud if she is stuck in a certain position.

My girl will flip over in middle of night and she will turn her face to rest on her side. She will cry out loud if she is stuck in a certain position.

Yes.. my boy will do that too.. I m light sleeper n my boy will make noises at nite or flip until I wake up.. I got very bad panda eyes..

My girl also like to sleep on her tummy. We observed during the day that she knows how to turn her head to the side and sleep. Does he do that in the day! If yes, then you don't have to worry that much but still good to check whenever you or hubby wakes up in the middle of the night.

Back