pregnant after miscarriage

blackcanary

I had a silent miscarriage in September when fetus was 8 weeks. Doctor said it's probably due to birth defect and has nothing to do with me. I just found out I'm pregnant again.
Previously I was very relaxed about my pregnancy, but with that miscarriage I want to be more careful now. Is there anything that I can do other than the usual folic acid, stay away from cold drinks and alcohol etc?

Hi
I'm sorry to hear of your previous loss. It's really heartening to know you are now expecting. I think most important is get sufficient rest, avoid strenuous work like massive cleaning, climbing up and down. Relax and go for strolls.

Diet-wise, can try to avoid overly cooling or heaty foods.

State of mind is important too. Think positive and avoid stressing yourself.

Go see obstetrician as soon as possible and do regular checks. As Moms, that is about as much as we can do to help bring our babies to this world safely.

Take care!

hi blackcanary,

have you go for your first checkup yet? how's everything so far?

i had a mc previously too and d&c done in aug in my week 10. currently i'm expecting again now in my week 4, am really happy yet can't help worrying.

Hi win&leo, congrats on your pregnancy. I guess we will be in the same mummy group.
My gynae appointment is tomorrow and I hope all is well. I can understand your anxiety as I'm feeling the same too. I'm quite scared that I might not be able to see a heartbeat or that baby is not growing to the intended size. My previous pregnancy ended as a silent miscarriage, I didn't even know that baby is long gone until I went to the gynae for a check up. I didn't have any symptoms to warn me. So I'm quite fearful of this pregnancy that it might happen again. But I'm just trying to think positive all the time.

I just had my D&C done on 12 Dec, i am so sad and would like to try to get pregnant again, when can i try again? doc ask me to wait for two cycle but i really want to try as soon as possible.

I just had my D&C done on 12 Dec, i am so sad and would like to try to get pregnant again, when can i try again? doc ask me to wait for two cycle but i really want to try as soon as possible.

hi Katty, knows how u feel & hope u did a mini confinement. u may wish to drink red dates longan tea to promote blood circulation and warm your body.

i tried after one cycle and really, really thank God i'm now pregnant again after the 3rd cycle. i'm happy yet can't help worrying at the same time & keep reminding myself to be positive, positive, positive. just like what blackcanary said.

you be positive too & take care of yourself!

Hi Katty. Agree with win&leo, do a mini confinement and make use of this period to do things that you can't do when you are pregnant. You can actually try immediately but you should be emotionally ready.
I waited one cycle before trying again mainly because I want to accurately date the pregnancy.
Do take care, it's normal to feel sad but I do hear from many that they find it easier to conceive after a mc.

Thanks for the advise, as i also suffer from hyperthyroidism before and wish to get preggie when the condition is under control. I now drank red date longan tea still but i only able to do mini confinement for one week since only got one week leave. now back to office not so convenient anymore. ya, be positive and believe that my little angle will come back to me when i am ready

I had a d&c done 6 months ago and just found that I got a +ve sign and called up my preferred gynae for appt and was told he is fully booked till jan and the next earliest appt they can schedule me for my first visit is probably when I am 8-9 week. just wondering if it is ok and not too late for me to do my scan? just wanted to be really sure that the pea is in the right position

I had a d&c done 6 months ago and just found that I got a +ve sign and called up my preferred gynae for appt and was told he is fully booked till jan and the next earliest appt they can schedule me for my first visit is probably when I am 8-9 week. just wondering if it is ok and not too late for me to do my scan? just wanted to be really sure that the pea is in the right position
Did you tell the nurse that you had a mc previously and would like to see the gynae earlier? I think sometimes they are willing to schedule you in if yours is a special case. I would want to see a gynae earlier so that I can get duphaston to support the pregnancy so if I cannot see the gynae, I will book with another one first.

i also think it is better to visit the gynae earlier, latest at week 6 in our case.

i have some brown discharge during the weekend & went straight to O&G KKH to check. thank God the doc didn't detect any ongoing bleeding & prescribed 2 weeks duphaston to stabilise the pregnancy. some may think that i am overreacting but i just don't want to take any chance.

next appointment will be on 30 dec which will be my week 6. i pray this time i will be able to see my little angel.

Last edited:
i also think it is better to visit the gynae earlier, latest at week 6 in our case.

i have some brown discharge during the weekend & went straight to O&G KKH to check. thank God the doc didn't detect any ongoing bleeding & prescribed 2 weeks duphaston to stabilise the pregnancy. some may think that i am overreacting but i just don't want to take any chance.

next appointment will be on 30 dec which will be my week 6. i pray this time i will be able to see my little angel.
Keeping you and baby in my prayer.

Tomorrow is my 2nd appointment. And I'm having an anxiety attack now. Im scared that gynae will tell me no more heartbeat like what happened during my last pregnancy. :(

Tomorrow is my 2nd appointment. And I'm having an anxiety attack now. Im scared that gynae will tell me no more heartbeat like what happened during my last pregnancy. :(

Must stop the worry ok... cos baby can feel your feelings. Must keep yourself happy and keep whispering to baby that you love the baby.... I believe that the soul of the baby is already there :)

Hi All,

I have miscarriage last nov and i just found out that i am pregnant again. Should be 5 weeks now. Will it be too late for me to see doc when i am 8 weeks?

Hi All,

I have miscarriage last nov and i just found out that i am pregnant again. Should be 5 weeks now. Will it be too late for me to see doc when i am 8 weeks?

maybe u would like to see the doc earlier? around week 6-7 so that u may be prescribed duphaston if necessary?

Hi All,

Hello crystal8989,

I saw your previous post. I think you should head to your gynae as soon as you can, because your gynae will usually give you progesterone if you have prior MC. That was what happened to me. :)

Can I know Duphaston is for what purpose?
Kind of afraid that can find the heartbeat. Haiz.

it is known to stablise pregnancy i suppose. i was given duphaston when i detected some brown discharge at week 4 & bleeding at week 6. continue the pills till almost end of first trimester. i'm in my week 18 now & continue praying for my baby to grow well & healthy.

crystal, don't be afraid be strong for your baby's sake. i still worry constantly too but tell yourself to be positive, have faith & believe, God will bless us all.

ImageUploadedByForum1458086510.354507.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry if you can't see the heart beat at 5 or 6 weeks as baby is still very small. Definitely see your gynae early to get those Med to help support the pregnancy since you have previous history of MC. Don't think too much. May you have a rainbow baby.

Ya, you can see the doctor at around 6 weeks. I had a miscarriage around Sept last year, and realised I was pregnant in Jan. I saw my gynae at 6 wks, and was given hormone jab and max daily dose of Duphaston to stabilize the pregnancy. Praying that everything goes well!

Hi ladies

I'd like to share my success story here.

My 1st pregnancy was a very smooth one. However, my 2nd pregnancy ended as a MC in Jan 2015 when i was closed to 8 weeks pregnant.
I was so so so so devastated by the loss!! (T_T)
I kept thinking what did I, or did I not done. to have caused the loss...
I went through the clear up procedure, it was so heartbreaking!! The surgeon told me that I should ttc only after 3 cycles when my menses resumed.
However, when i went back for my review after the procedure, the senior consultant told me that I could ttc anytime since I had recovered.
Due to my age, i told him that i wanna be scheduled for SO-IUI or IVF if I din get pregnant by May 2015.

My 1st cycle took place 3 weeks after the procedure. It was more like heavy spotting as i din get any full pad + it only lasted for 5 days instead
of my regular 7 days.

My hb and I decided to try at my 2nd cycle. not pinning any hope that I could get pregnant.

This time, i tested positive!!!
Similar to my 2nd pregnancy, I had light spotting, to be specific, twice in my 1st trimester.
However, they always cleared up in a day.
According to my gynae, i had a blood clot at the back of my placenta. This blood clot either gets absorbed by the body eventually, or gets discharged from
the body. I googled about it, seems like if the discharge becomes out of control (like my 2nd pregnancy), it would result in a MC.

Due to my previous loss, i became very paranoid over any slight discomfort.
My mood was like roller coaster. I also feared that i might hear bad news whenever i went for my pre-natal appointments...

Then, in Dec 2015, we welcomed our healthy rainbow baby gal!!!!!! :)
I told my hb, Year 2015 was such an unforgettable year for me, I lost a baby in Jan but welcomed a baby in Dec!
I can't ask for more, but really felt thankful!!

Hope my story can bring u ladies some positive energy.
Best of luck in your pregnancies!!

Back