2016/07 July babies

Yeap I alrdy hav one. I bought it my first pregnancy and it's really useful. It's long like banana bolster w beanies inside. But now so early stage I turn left turn right can feel pain. .Is this normal?
With your good review, i shall get one in later stage :)
I do feel some stretch in the tum tum when I toss around in bed. Sometimes have to remind myself to go gentle. I guess most of the times its just about our uterus expanding. Hope you'll share with your gynae in next visit for best advice.

Redvel, I am the opp of you. I used to like meat a lot. Now I want to vomit even when I see photos of meat dishes.

@bbq98 It is so strange isn't it? I haven't touched charsiew for 20years and last week I craved for wan tan noodle with charsiew (I haven't touched pork/beef/mutton for 2 decades too). I had my craving cured that day. I used to love broccoli but now the image gives me the chill.

With your good review, i shall get one in later stage :)
I do feel some stretch in the tum tum when I toss around in bed. Sometimes have to remind myself to go gentle. I guess most of the times its just about our uterus expanding. Hope you'll share with your gynae in next visit for best advice.
That time I consider for some time then I get it cos not cheap I forgot how much I bought but it ranges $150-250. After #1 my hubby have been using it. He loves it too lol

Hi! I'm expecting my first also. Should be around 6 weeks. Going to see Dr Chandra from Parkway tomorrow morning. Very excited!

Recently when I'm taking jab I checked w the nurse she said there's no proven record that slp on left is good. She said most impt depend on each individual cos some bb in e tunmy position different so most impt is mummy slp comfortably and bb wil too.
Oh! Haha, I thought that it's true and tried to sleep side ways but it was so uncomfortable. Thanks for that info!

Hi , may i know how long to getting the result for HCG test? We have to go back GP to collect it or they will give you a call with regards to the result?
I think GP takes longer as they send to external lab to test. I go to gynae whose clinic is in hospital. For lab in Mt E Novena, it takes about 2-4 hrs to get the results and the clinic will call me to tell me.

@bbq me too! I super like meat and before BFP, I still crave for it. Now i really dont like the smell especially when passing by bak ku teh stalls.

Ky10, now I don't like meat...i never like veg....so now i can only eat carbs....been craving for funny things like mee siam, fish balls, chwee kuey, tom yum soup etc....I try to eat what I want and fill my stomach so that I won't vomit.....

@bbq98 It is so strange isn't it? I haven't touched charsiew for 20years and last week I craved for wan tan noodle with charsiew (I haven't touched pork/beef/mutton for 2 decades too). I had my craving cured that day. I used to love broccoli but now the image gives me the chill.
That's your bb's cravings .. Your bb and body knows you need protein .. Good meat and fish proteins .... Great for baby's developments .
Keep it up .., eat everything your body ask you to ... But everything in moderation . Congrats and take care .

Based on the booklet from health promotion board and my gynae, all food (grass jelly etc) is ok. All fish is ok because Singapore ensures the mercury level is safe. All fruits can be eaten as long as it does not seem to be kept out for long, that can cause you stomach upset. Anyway, eat all things in moderation.

For me, a milk lover, seems to be lactose intolerance now. I realised whenever I had milk with cereals or latte, i have terrible abdominal pains n diarrhoea hours later. Hope it will be a temporary phase...

Ky10, my gynae only asked me to avoid raw food or eggs and veg that are not cooked properly. Even pineapples are okay if eaten in moderated quantities. I guess is up to personal comfort level but it will be interesting to see what kind of food you ladies are avoiding.

TMI but I haven't gone to do big business for 5 days now. Usually I do have constipation issue but this is getting too much. Partly I'm not eating enough to get any output.

I'm thinking of drinking milk as I realized i can't tolerate lactose since bfp but scared of the diarrhea feeling. Any other good remedy? Prune juice doesn't work on me either.

TMI but I haven't gone to do big business for 5 days now. Usually I do have constipation issue but this is getting too much. Partly I'm not eating enough to get any output.

I'm thinking of drinking milk as I realized i can't tolerate lactose since bfp but scared of the diarrhea feeling. Any other good remedy? Prune juice doesn't work on me either.

I took guava from time to time during last pregnancy as I was told it helps with constipation. Maybe you can try it. :)

I took lots of oranges during my last pregnancy and I didn't have constipation. The weird thing is that I used to have constipation pre pregnancy.

I'm a little worried. My work had been so crazy busy lately. Walking around n having meetings. I try to sit whenever I can, and sleep early at night. But generally not as enough rest as I would like. I'm worried if it will affect. Still week 5 only. Today I don't feel any symptoms at all.

I totally understand the unbearable hunger feeling! Last time hungry it's just like... ok go to slp will be ok.. or just drink water it will pass. Now when I'm hungry I MUST eat! The hungry feeling now is terrible!

But good thing is I'm still very independent, so I've been satisfying my cravings by myself... never bother my hubby.

Another good thing is that now I'm very certain of what I want to eat. Last time when we go out for dinner it's lyk anything lor... just order anything to share I'm ok. Now I can decisively tell my hubby where to go for dinner, and what exactly I want to eat. I think he's happier too.. lol!
Yes i can't let the hunger linger too long else I felt like throwing out.... So I have to snack even in office while working.... Which is terrible. Imagine ur boss comes to your office and saw you stuffing your face with biscuits

I'm a little worried. My work had been so crazy busy lately. Walking around n having meetings. I try to sit whenever I can, and sleep early at night. But generally not as enough rest as I would like. I'm worried if it will affect. Still week 5 only. Today I don't feel any symptoms at all.
Try get rest...I have been busy too..walking up and down. But if u r tired...try sit and rest

Still no luck after downing a big glass of guava juice. Gotta try again tomorrow. Will stock up oranges too.

@kitty16 Hope you'll get more rest and breaks during work moving forward. Weekend coming so put your mind and body to rest as much as you can.

I Juz feel hungry but dunno wat to eat. Normally I sleep very early but now I'm hungry and thinking of wat to have for supper.... Any suggestions??

Haha I still feel very full even though dinner was 4hrs ago. I think of food and I feel queasy again.

Do you stock up nuts at home? Gynae told me they are good snacks (those unsalted ones).

Try keeping in stock those 3 in 1 oats or cereal drinks . It can fill u up just enough to go back to bed . If you eat anything heavy at this hr .. It will keep u up a a long while .
Take care . Gnite .

Yup. Me :( It has been like this past weeks. Not feeling uncomfy or anything. Just not able to sleep through the night.

I dun experience any insomnia. In fact I'm always tired and love to take nap! I always feel I dun have enough sleep

Hi all mummies to be, it's my first pregnancy too. I tested on 21st Nov noon and got 2 faint lines. I dun believe it.and tested it 45min later using.2 differ kits, 1 is from qoo10 David pregnancy dipstick and another from guardian. All came out positive. Mayb I Am a bit kiasu so I bought clear blue digital kit to test and showed 2-3 weeks. My mum insist that I shld go and check with the gp. I tot of going gynae nx thur as I think if everything is correct, I shld be 6weeks by then. My lmp is 14Oct, ovulation is 3/4nov. My menses is alw late for 7-10days. I was worried as I experienced abdominal cramp on 15nov onwards, on and off like menses cramp. I was in Korea during that time and I went for roller coaster ride and bumper cars cuz I didn't know im pregnant! Just hope everything is ok. I cnt wait for nx thur to see e gynae! =)

I also played all the scary rides, haunted house and played unlimited bumper car at overseas theme park. Just a week ago, I had a car accident (chain collision). So don't worry!

I started to wake up at 5am everyday since I found myself pregnant. Mainly because bladder is full by then. Since cannot sleep, I just start working and clearing emails until 7.30 before driving to work.after a hard day of work, I will just naturally doze off at 9-10pm without fail And the same cycle repeats itself again.

My ovulation is on 3 Nov too! Guess our bb will be due around the same time :) do update after your gynae visit. I'll be seeing mine next fri and I can't wait too!

Yes yes, will update! I hope the test.kits r accurate!

I'm supposed to attend 3 wedding dinners in Jan and Feb, but my mum told me not to. I have.not inform my frenz about it as I haven go for scan. I also have to be one of my.good fren's sister on her wedding. Now I need.to reject her at e last min. Feel kinda bad to trouble her. Is it true that we also can't carry or touch any baby or toddlers throughout pregnancy? Or jus first trimester?

Same here supposed to be a good frend's sister for her wedding nxt year but yet to tell her in preggy .will tell her after my 2nd visit, I heard if attend bb 1st month shower can't touch bb, not sure if toddler ok cos my hubby's friend inviting him for his girl's 1st bday n asked if I'm tagging along I said yes, should be fine ba n I don't think I will be touching his child too

I'm supposed to attend 3 wedding dinners in Jan and Feb, but my mum told me not to. I have.not inform my frenz about it as I haven go for scan. I also have to be one of my.good fren's sister on her wedding. Now I need.to reject her at e last min. Feel kinda bad to trouble her. Is it true that we also can't carry or touch any baby or toddlers throughout pregnancy? Or jus first trimester?

Touch or sayang can, but cannot carry because bb in the stomach will be petty" 小气". That's what my mum told me.

I have 3 other kids myself so I think the myth about touching babies or children is not really true unless you abide with the superstition.

Diet wise,I prefers anything that's cooling and sourish. Watermelon to salads to meesiam.
Just today I had a small portions of maguro sashimi served cold and a small portions of potato salad also cold.
Anything in moderation now.
I am always a kopi Peng person but now I need more cold milo and ice lemon tea to ease the nausea and the constant split headaches .

I hope this symtomps will subside by week 10 which usually the case . I can't entertain and play with my other 3 kids much now with this constant lethargic feeling and nausea.

Himawari, yesterday I was drinking a glass of cold orange juice and my friend said I shouldnt drink cold drinks. I wonder if it is one of those groundless restriction or health reasons. Anyone knows?

I think it's the same like not drinking cold drink when having mensus? Think it's cooling n causes uterus to contract ? Not v sure bt in moderate should be fine I drank cold peel fresh orange juice n soya milk but have stop taking anything with ice as for me I feel the ice is not made from boiled water n I also don't really take ice except for ice milo ice teh

himawari, kudos to u n those with more kids, I have a 8 year girl n I already feel guilty for not having the energy to entertain her, luckily she understands helps me ard the house

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and I intend to skip it but my ang pow will still be there. Better be safe than sorry, esp in first trimester. I heard that pregnant women r not supposed to carry toddler or baby as this will make the baby/toddler cranky or the little one in us may be jealous. Try to avoid if possible?

I'm trying to cut down on cold food/drinks too! Had 1/4 cup of yoghurt this afternoon before I felt guilty and passed it to my hubby. I accidentally ate sashimi and ice cream before I realised I'm pregnant :/

I try not to touch any baby or toddler during pregnancy. I didn't attend any wedding or baby shower as well. Tell friends and they understand.

Bffs' babies and happy events I will surely carry/attend. Not so closed ones I totally skip man-yue/birthday/wedding.

Actually all these have no hard and fast rules. It's really up to personal comfort. Don't do already feel paranoid most important :)

Hellopanda, before I knew I was pregnant, I had medium rare beef, wine, coffee and tiramisu.... I think the bb survived all these...else I would not have heard the heart beat during the first scan.

Hey ladies, do you all check your weight everyday? I check and oh my god!! I've been gaining weight like nobody's business.. Everyday is like 0.1-0.5kg increment. I dun even know how many weeks I am now.. I only recently found out I was pregnant few days ago. I just booked an appointment with Dr Heng this coming Tuesday..

I kept wondering am I the only weird one who gained so much weight within short period? I just ate normal portion.

Hey ladies, do you all check your weight everyday? I check and oh my god!! I've been gaining weight like nobody's business.. Everyday is like 0.1-0.5kg increment. I dun even know how many weeks I am now.. I only recently found out I was pregnant few days ago. I just booked an appointment with Dr Heng this coming Tuesday..

I kept wondering am I the only weird one who gained so much weight within short period? I just ate normal portion.

Every day 0.1-0.5kg increment?? Maybe u are alr quite a.few wks preg? Do u rem when's your last menses date.. can just check online enter that date and they will tell u how many wks preg u are.

I'm abt 8 wks gg 9 now.. gained abt 1 to 1.5kg. It fluctuates... but abt there la..

Jo Wong , your uterus is expanding and gaining space for the baby plus fluid and placenta also forming and also due to hormone changes our intestines actually bloated due to slow digestion and build up of gas.
Tender breast and some other fluid retentions in other torsos and limbs add in that " extra" weight too.dont worry about it.
It will actually even out if you eat as per normal .

Back