(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies, after my episodes of bb kicking vigorously whole of last night, I have been feeling mild cramps this morning. I hope it's not contraction as the cramps are not getting worse. They just comes on and off. I am feeling the anxiety and the date approaches as I am scheduled for c-sec next Thursday. Hope my bb can wait till then. Jia you all mummies.
Does your cramp hurt? Jiayou to your Thursday c sect!!

How to push when the mid wife tell us to start pushing? I have a lot of different version from mummies but some of them mentioned that they have done it in the wrong manner

push like how you push when you feel constipated or when you want to pass motion.

if you are on epidural , you will feel pressure but no pain. concentrate your energy on that part, imagine you are passing motion

How to push when the mid wife tell us to start pushing? I have a lot of different version from mummies but some of them mentioned that they have done it in the wrong manner

push like how you push when you feel constipated or when you want to pass motion.

if you are on epidural , you will feel pressure but no pain. concentrate your energy on that part, imagine you are passing motion
So excited...counting down 3 more days...I try the above manner to let bb land

Hi I have a question.

My current gynae is Dr Adrian Woodworth from TMC at CCK. I've already paid for my antenatal package at $688. His normal vaginal delivery fee is at $1900+gst. I've also already paid a deposit of $800 for the delivery fee. Recently I went for checkup, I was told that he will be on leave during my edd and that they will get a replacement gynae to help with my delivery. I will ask them this question also but I roughly want to know if any mommies went through this before.

Question is, what will happen to my $800 deposit? And according to my research, his replacement gynae is either Dr Wong Heng Fok from Tampines TMC or Dr Lawrence Ang from Sembawang TMC.

Anyone here knows what's their vaginal and c-sect delivery fees are like? Please enlighten me.

Thank you in advanced!

Hi mummies, 5 more days for me. Scheduled for c-sec in 5 days time. Getting excited and nervous at the same time. I have opted for half GA cause my hubby wants to accompany me. I am now worried about the recovery. I hope everything will go well. BB is now 3.2kg and I am at week 38. We are reaching our milestone soon. Jia you to all mummies.

Hi, does doctor Adrian provide vaccine for newborn? I look at the list and is thinking of the jab for 6-in-1 when she is 10 weeks old...
We will have to travel to Malaysia during CNY cos my hubby's great grandma is there ...and she is 97 years old now.
So I am kind of vex over the travelling thing...she is going to be like 2 months old during cny 2016 (still so small):(

Mine is 5 December. He didn't mention to me that he will be away. Perhaps I can help you ask on Monday during my next appt. I am delivering Mt alvernia. He requested me to do full payment of professional fees at the sengkang clinic. No deposit

Mine is 5 December. He didn't mention to me that he will be away. Perhaps I can help you ask on Monday during my next appt. I am delivering Mt alvernia. He requested me to do full payment of professional fees at the sengkang clinic. No deposit
Then have u paid for the professional fee? When did he request the amount from u? I've asked them last Monday, his leave will start from 19th Dec. As I'll not be affected (my edd early dec), so I didn't probe further.

Then have u paid for the professional fee? When did he request the amount from u? I've asked them last Monday, his leave will start from 19th Dec. As I'll not be affected (my edd early dec), so I didn't probe further.
I will do so this coming Monday. He requested a week ago citing payment issues with Mt alvernia.

Hi mummies, 5 more days for me. Scheduled for c-sec in 5 days time. Getting excited and nervous at the same time. I have opted for half GA cause my hubby wants to accompany me. I am now worried about the recovery. I hope everything will go well. BB is now 3.2kg and I am at week 38. We are reaching our milestone soon. Jia you to all mummies.

That's great! Jia you. I am also scheduled for c section but I will opt for GA coz I read and ask my friends their experience and they told me half GA is very scary coz you get to see the procedure!

All the best to all those giving birth soon :)

I woke up restless today and the nesting has kicked in full force - kept on cleaning the house even though I know I should be taking it easy. Now ended up with a super achy back and pelvic pains because I was bending here and there sigh. Brought it on myself. Yet I am unable to sit still and feeling very anxious that the house is still not "baby-ready".

@pongtch my initial edd was also 29 dec but due to baby still breech, gynae asked to consider csect. One of the 2 dates she proposed was 22 dec. If we decide on csect, that's the more likely date we will go with. We might end up delivering on the same day :)

I woke up restless today and the nesting has kicked in full force - kept on cleaning the house even though I know I should be taking it easy. Now ended up with a super achy back and pelvic pains because I was bending here and there sigh. Brought it on myself. Yet I am unable to sit still and feeling very anxious that the house is still not "baby-ready".

@pongtch my initial edd was also 29 dec but due to baby still breech, gynae asked to consider csect. One of the 2 dates she proposed was 22 dec. If we decide on csect, that's the more likely date we will go with. We might end up delivering on the same day :)

My house also not baby ready yet... Lot of washing need to be done but yet past few days are rainy days... Baby also making my sleeping difficult.. Tomo is the 35 week... Getting a bit nervous

My house also not baby ready yet... Lot of washing need to be done but yet past few days are rainy days... Baby also making my sleeping difficult.. Tomo is the 35 week... Getting a bit nervous

I know right, I wanted to sun some stuff today but it was so overcast.

Lol I've never been like a super neat person. But lately (especially today) I feel an obsessive need for the house to be spotless and completely germ-free in order for it to qualify as baby-ready. Everything must be sterilised, steam-cleaned, and /or wiped down with antiseptic hahaha. I know its the hormones but I can't help it.

Get your husband to help with the laundry if you can! :)

I know right, I wanted to sun some stuff today but it was so overcast.

Lol I've never been like a super neat person. But lately (especially today) I feel an obsessive need for the house to be spotless and completely germ-free in order for it to qualify as baby-ready. Everything must be sterilised, steam-cleaned, and /or wiped down with antiseptic hahaha. I know its the hormones but I can't help it.

Get your husband to help with the laundry if you can! :)

The best thing is he's down with flu for 2 weeks, I want to change bed sheet also cannot... I wan to vacuum n uv sterilize my bed to prepare for my bb co sleep ....

Ok. Where are u delivering the baby?

That's great! Jia you. I am also scheduled for c section but I will opt for GA coz I read and ask my friends their experience and they told me half GA is very scary coz you get to see the procedure!

I wanted to opt for full GA too! But my gynea suggested half GA better and hubby can accompany me. And my hubby is keen to accompany me to the opt room. So I just go with half GA.

I am having anxiety today as I am counting down. More worried that I dun know what to do or feel when I see my bb. Trying to keep calm for next 4 days before the operation. :(:(

Mummies who have done c-sec or going to do c-sec, maybe we can keep in touch and msg each other on our road to recovery and continue to share thoughts and experiences with our new born?

I wanted to opt for full GA too! But my gynea suggested half GA better and hubby can accompany me. And my hubby is keen to accompany me to the opt room. So I just go with half GA.

I am having anxiety today as I am counting down. More worried that I dun know what to do or feel when I see my bb. Trying to keep calm for next 4 days before the operation. :(:(

Mummies who have done c-sec or going to do c-sec, maybe we can keep in touch and msg each other on our road to recovery and continue to share thoughts and experiences with our new born?

Hi Faith&Hope!

Are you going to have Elective Cesarean on this coming Saturday (05/12/15)? Same same here! (^^)

Which hospital are you going and under which doctor? I'll be doing it under Dr TB Lim at Mount Elizabeth Orchard. Very look forward and excited..! Praying for all is well..! Wish you all the best too ya! ;-)

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and am a first time mom-to-be!

Today just marked my 37 weeks and my EDD supposed to be on 21/12/15 but I'm going to have my scheduled cesarean on this coming Saturday (05/12/15). I'm excited and looking forward to meet our new bundle of joy!

Hope to make more friends here, enjoy the support and learn from each other with all the mommies here! Perhaps we can meet up after the delivery and share the experiences throughout this journey of joy!

Cheers!

I think I joined a wrong group in Facebook for December 2015 Mommies which is not for mommies in Singapore. Haha...

Just wondering whether there is a Facebook group for December 2015 Mommies in Singapore? Wish we can form a support group that can always share the joy and experience raising the SG50 babies who were born by the year end of 2015!

Not yet...

I think I joined a wrong group in Facebook for December 2015 Mommies which is not for mommies in Singapore. Haha...

Just wondering whether there is a Facebook group for December 2015 Mommies in Singapore? Wish we can form a support group that can always share the joy and experience raising the SG50 babies who were born by the year end of 2015!
Jus search " December SG50 babies"

Hi Faith&Hope!

Are you going to have Elective Cesarean on this coming Saturday (05/12/15)? Same same here! (^^)

Which hospital are you going and under which doctor? I'll be doing it under Dr TB Lim at Mount Elizabeth Orchard. Very look forward and excited..! Praying for all is well..! Wish you all the best too ya! ;-)

Hi Jazz,

My Cesarean is scheduled 3rd Dec and will be at Thomson Medical. Kinna of scared and nervous because I know the after care for Cesarean will be challenging for mummies. But at the same time excited to see my bb soon. All the best to you too! Let's keep in touch.

Hi, I am not sure how much is her delivery fees as I didnt see her. I have already popped last month in November already, much earlier than EDD as was diagnosed with PROM last month.

Cheers

Hi. R u seeing Dr Jocelyn Wong? Do u know how much is her delivery fees?thanks in advance.

Hi moms out there. If you ever think of buying insurance for yourself or love ones from GE, I would urge you to think carefully.

I have very bad experience with them. I want to share my experience with you.

1st, I was hospitalised in june this year due to diahhrea and fever. At that point I was about 32 weeks pregnant. My diahhrea lasted for 2 weeks, non-stop. And 5 days into my diahhrea i delivered. I think it was too much for the fetus to take then. So I admitted due to diahhrea. But when my claims was submitted to GE, they said I could not claim cause I went in for child birth. My goodness. From the hospital bill submitted they should know what it was about as I understand within GE they have their own doctor ot consultant doctor, whatever they called. There were charges for stool and blood tests done, medications, etc. And if I admitted for delivery, it should not have taken 5 days to deliver. If I were to have a normal premature delivery, I do not think baby will be able to wait for 5 days that long.

My insuance rep appealed for me and I have also submitted to them a report written by my gynae on cause of admission. i have also supplied proof that before I was admitted, as my fever and diahhrea got worst, I was seen by a GP for diahhrea and fever. And guess what?? It's been months now and they are still processing. Can't believe it.

2nd, my insurance rep has resigned from GE, till now I have not heard or receive notice from them on replacement. Totally no sound no music. I have insurance from other agency. They will send notice to inform. I am surprise GE seems professional, but in fact they are not.

3rd, when I called today 1 dec 2015, to check on status of my claim, I was surprise to know they they need a letter from me which I have no idea about. I was not told, I checked with the rep, she had no idea, worst of all, no letter from them to inform they require anything till today.

Can anyone of you trust an insurance agency, such as this, with your life??

No matter how good the rep can be, ultimately they are only doing sales. When issues arises, it's the back office which will handle our case. With the way they handle things, everyone should think twice before signing on the dotted line.

All these only make me feel that they are interested to sell you insurance but they are not interested at all to settle your claim.

To add on, after I delievered, I wanted to buy insurance for my son from GE. He is premature but apgar reading was excellent, may be better then some full term babies.. A very healthy and strong boy. But GE came back to say that I need to wait till my son is 1yr old. What??? They asked for apgar reading. If they cannot accept premature babies, made it clear. Why ask for apgar reading and make me and the rep wasted time and effort to go through the tedious documentation? Furthermore they are not cheap. In the end I bought from AIA, at least they have specifics to what I need and not compulsorily bundled with this and that, items which you may not want. So to this I have to thank GE for rejecting. I paid a lot lesser with AIA.

Hi moms out there. If you ever think of buying insurance for yourself or love ones from GE, I would urge you to think carefully.

1st, I was hospitalised in june this year due to diahhrea and fever. At that point I was about 32 weeks pregnant. My diahhrea lasted for 2 weeks, non-stop. And 5 days into my diahhrea i delivered. I think it was too much for the fetus to take then. So I admitted due to diahhrea. But when my claims was submitted to GE, they said I could not claim cause I went in for child birth. My goodness. From the hospital bill submitted they should know what it was about as I understand within GE they have their own doctor ot consultant doctor, whatever they called. There were charges for stool and blood tests done, medications, etc. And if I admitted for delivery, it should not have taken 5 days to deliver. If I were to have a normal premature delivery, I do not think baby will be able to wait for 5 days that long.

My insuance rep appealed for me and I have also submitted to them a report written by my gynae on cause of admission. i have also supplied proof that before I was admitted, as my fever and diahhrea got worst, I was seen by a GP for diahhrea and fever. And guess what?? It's been months now and they are still processing. Can't believe it.

2nd, my insurance rep has resigned from GE, till now I have not heard or receive notice from them on replacement. Totally no sound no music. I have insurance from other agency. They will send notice to inform. I am surprise GE seems professional, but in fact they are not.

3rd, when I called today 1 dec 2015, to check on status of my claim, I was surprise to know they they need a letter from me which I have no idea about. I was not told, I checked with the rep, she had no idea, worst of all, no letter from them to inform they require anything till today.

No matter how good the rep can be, ultimately they are only doing sales. When issues arises, it's the back office which will handle our case. With the way they handle things, everyone should think twice before signing on the dotted line.

All these only make me feel that they are interested to sell you insurance but they are not interested at all to settle your claim.

To add on, after I delievered, I wanted to buy insurance for my son from GE. He is premature but apgar reading was excellent, may be better then some full term babies.. A very healthy and strong boy. But GE came back to say that I need to wait till my son is 1yr old. What??? They asked for apgar reading. If they cannot accept premature babies, made it clear. Why ask for apgar reading and make me and the rep wasted time and effort to go through the tedious documentation? Furthermore they are not cheap. In the end I bought from AIA, at least they have specifics to what I need and not compulsorily bundled with this and that, items which you may not want. So to this I have to thank GE for rejecting. I paid a lot lesser with AIA.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have my shield plan with GE and thinking to cover my little one when he's born with GE too. I'm now will consider to get it from other insurance companies perhaps AIA or Prudential. Anyway, no harm to explore first. ;-)

Hi mummies, anyone tested positive for GBS? Wondering how common is it and if anything to take note of? Read online its common and treatable with antibiotics during labour. But risk of baby being infected still quite scary idea

Hi mummies, anyone tested positive for GBS? Wondering how common is it and if anything to take note of? Read online its common and treatable with antibiotics during labour. But risk of baby being infected still quite scary idea

I'll only know the results of my GBS swab this Friday, but I was assured this is really common (about 1 in 3 women). As you mentioned, GBS positive mummies will be given antibiotics during labour to prevent baby from infected, and I understand from my gynae, even if baby is infected it usually doesn't cause problems. Not to worry! :)

its quite common, dont worry. even if you are positive and go into early labour, you can be treated with antibiotics prior to actual delivery during labour

Thanks for sharing...was actually considering to sign for a second plan as backup but looking at this just made me believe I made the right choice first time round already

Thanks ladies..glad to know Gbs is more common than i thought. Husband and i got worried for awhile. Was hoping to take my time to get to hospital when labour starts but will rush down if I suspect anything so that they can start administering the antibiotics

Back