IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, Anyone has itchy vagina after using the inserts?
It's normal for yeast/bacteria infection to set in due to the inserts coming back out a little and staying on our panty liner or underwear. The moisture is a hotbed for yeast/bacteria growth. I had that problem in the past, and the clinic suggested that I consult a GP for diagnosis and treatment.

Has anyone been severely constipated after ER? I'm on luclutose but not having much effect ... so uncomfortable with hardened stool not helping though I drink 2L of water plus eat vege and fruits .. any other brands recommended?

Has anyone been severely constipated after ER? I'm on luclutose but not having much effect ... so uncomfortable with hardened stool not helping though I drink 2L of water plus eat vege and fruits .. any other brands recommended?
Hi hi h0peful, am also having constipation since ER n now in 2ww. I had a very bad churning of tummy ache 2 days back. It was so painful that I was having cold sweat. Once managed to release, I felt relieved.
I too ate abandon of fruits, vegs n drank so much water but still constipation happens. I assume is the progesterone hormones that we are pumping into our body. My body biological routine is now out of order. Haiz....

I feel u. I didn't manage to release .. just abit and r hardened stool. Feeling so uncomfortable now and I'm just d1pt . . I thought of going to a gynae to ask for any method of relieving the stools .. is killing me and I feel pukey with the hardened stools in me

I feel u. I didn't manage to release .. just abit and r hardened stool. Feeling so uncomfortable now and I'm just d1pt . . I thought of going to a gynae to ask for any method of relieving the stools .. is killing me and I feel pukey with the hardened stools in me
Yah go to a gynae if u need to... Still a long way to go lor... ⛽

Did you try prune juice? It is pretty effective.

Drank 2L of water daily .. severely constipated. GP asked to use enema .. a bowel removal pump which is highly effective. Called kkh and they said it is safe to use .. that's what they give patients prior to ET if there's issues with bowel removal after ER so even if I'm to go to kkh they will ask me to use enema pump too.

Drank 2L of water daily .. severely constipated. GP asked to use enema .. a bowel removal pump which is highly effective. Called kkh and they said it is safe to use .. that's what they give patients prior to ET if there's issues with bowel removal after ER so even if I'm to go to kkh they will ask me to use enema pump too.
If diet cannot relieve the harden stools after a few days, you may consult doc for help with a stool softener or use the pump to clear of the harden ones, thereafter maintain with diet.

Using diet to deal with the constipation will not work immediately and will require a consistent fix routine.
I followed this routine daily and it worked after 2-3 days:
First thing in morning: eat 1/4 to half a dragonfruit and drink about 1L of warm water before breakfast.
Breakfast: Avoid breads/ toast. I take 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs. Sometimes 1/2 very light cup coffee with fortified milk powder (coffee just to add bit of flavour).
Lunch: mostly light soupy meal or porridge with at least 2 cup of green leafy veg (cai xin, kai lan or broccoli)
Afternoon snack: 1 whole apple with skin. Sometimes plus half small cup of prune juice (when very constipated). When I'm taking chicken/ beef essence, I take the fruit about at least 1/2 hour after taking the essence and skip the prune juice.
Dinner: nothing special just balanced meal with protein (meat)+ green leafy veg + egg/tofu/mushroom dish
After dinner: 1 to 1.5 cup mix of fruits (e.g. 1/2 apple, 1/2 kiwi, 1/4 dragonfruit) + 1/4 to 1/2 cup prune juice.
Others:
- Drink at least another 5- 6 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Sometimes add 2 tsp of chia seeds or a dash of sesame seeds to dishes
- Sometimes add 1 tbs of goji berries to soup or porridge
(I find that fruits or food with small little seeds help a lot)

The first day when starting to relieve, still need to strain a bit to get the hardened stools out and then subsequently I may only have bowel movements every other day initially. TCM doc said this is expected as progesterone slows down the digestion (not helping that I have a very sensitive digestive tract and get constipated easily). Nevertheless the stools get softer over time till normal, just that bowel movement may not be daily while on progesterone support meds. During natural cycles, BM is regular daily.
I try to follow the same routine even between cycles so as to maintain the digestion and BM.
Hope you will feel better soon. All the best in your 2ww. Jia you sis!!

Last edited:
Thanks. I used abit of the pump called enema and stools were released in 2 mins .. I didn't dare use entire bottle as it is said to cause uterine contraction which is bad for implantation .. I will up my water and dietary fibre intake .. constipation is no joke

Hi strong ladies, im back after almost 2 weeks of entertaining mother in law from europe. No one except myself and DH knows abt our IVF hence tough keeping doc appt and medications in fridge a secret. MIL is still clueless. I did my endo scratch last week and cried like a baby. Was so embarrased. Nurse held my hand. Was over before i know. im currently given injections Cetrotide and menapaur one shot for morning and one shot for evening. I feel drained out by 10am and drag the rest of the day. Does it feel tat way for any of you here? Also i always have something leaking below (sorry for too much info - TMI).

Hi strong ladies, im back after almost 2 weeks of entertaining mother in law from europe. No one except myself and DH knows abt our IVF hence tough keeping doc appt and medications in fridge a secret. MIL is still clueless. I did my endo scratch last week and cried like a baby. Was so embarrased. Nurse held my hand. Was over before i know. im currently given injections Cetrotide and menapaur one shot for morning and one shot for evening. I feel drained out by 10am and drag the rest of the day. Does it feel tat way for any of you here? Also i always have something leaking below (sorry for too much info - TMI).
I do have a lot of discharge too... Think is because of the hormones in our body

Hello Wanbaby. Menopur is also a type of gonadotropin (so is Puregon, Gonal-F) to stim follicle & egg growth. Common side effects include tiredness, mood swings, nausea & dizziness. Eggs produce estrogen which causes cervical mucus so there's more estrogen hence more CM during stim. So all seem normal. Try to take it easier and stay strong! All the best! Jia you!

It's normal for yeast/bacteria infection to set in due to the inserts coming back out a little and staying on our panty liner or underwear. The moisture is a hotbed for yeast/bacteria growth. I had that problem in the past, and the clinic suggested that I consult a GP for diagnosis and treatment.
Oo.. Ok.. Thanks... Will go see my gp tomorrow..

Hi Dollylittlegal, my ET is postponed to tmr. Cos the embryologist said the embryos look good, can continue to cultivate. So I m lazing at home now...
How r u?

Wow, does that mean it is D6 Blastocyst??

Me like that lor, working, looking forward to knock off time, then looking forward to weekends , then looking forward to xmas holiday, then looking forward to Jan FET :p

(1) Any successful case of pregnancy with a grade 3 embryo?
(2) I was given utrogestan, anyone using this ? I realise after inserting every toilet visit, some of the medication residue is been pass out.After that I did not absorb the full medication.Any advise?

Wow, does that mean it is D6 Blastocyst??

Me like that lor, working, looking forward to knock off time, then looking forward to weekends , then looking forward to xmas holiday, then looking forward to Jan FET :p
I asked the nurse abt it & she said it's D5 blastocyst. Said they will explain more tmr...
I m also looking forward to the yr end hols too. Heee
Remember to take supplements & take good care of yourself to prep for the upcoming fet...

(1) Any successful case of pregnancy with a grade 3 embryo?
(2) I was given utrogestan, anyone using this ? I realise after inserting every toilet visit, some of the medication residue is been pass out.After that I did not absorb the full medication.Any advise?

Any embryo grading have success cases. Grading is just an outlook but U won't know what is inside.
Residue is normal. It's the wax thingy that came out. Don't worry med will still be absorb.

Anyone has high fsh? My fsh is 11. Dr says not good
What could be the causes of fsh and How can I lower it?

Fsh fluctuate every mth so not necessary all the months are bad. High fsh meaning U react poorer to stimulation drug and may not get as many eggs from the cycle.

I feel you... the lengths we IVF ladies go through to have a baby... if I were an outside I'd say I really admire us!

The injections will mess you up for a while... will feel fatigue and even emo. If possible, try and take leave for this period of time to give your body the best possible chance. It's already not easy, having to jab yourself all the time. Juggling work stress with IVF is really no joke. I did not take leave, but on hindsight, I should have.

Fsh fluctuate every mth so not necessary all the months are bad. High fsh meaning U react poorer to stimulation drug and may not get as many eggs from the cycle.

I see. No wonder my fsh was good at 7 in August
But Is there anything I can do to ensure fsh stays Low?

Any embryo grading have success cases. Grading is just an outlook but U won't know what is inside.
Residue is normal. It's the wax thingy that came out. Don't worry med will still be absorb.
Thank you Bunny33. I was upset when Dr feedback that due to age, my egg wasn't as good quality compare to those young women. I was super worry. Dr also mention that grade 2 cannot be used as i have 1 with grade 2.
Really anxious to my BT result on 11 Dec. Can't wait. My embryo now is inside not sure how they are growing. This wait is worse and hard to go by then the jab days.

I feel you... the lengths we IVF ladies go through to have a baby... if I were an outside I'd say I really admire us!

The injections will mess you up for a while... will feel fatigue and even emo. If possible, try and take leave for this period of time to give your body the best possible chance. It's already not easy, having to jab yourself all the time. Juggling work stress with IVF is really no joke. I did not take leave, but on hindsight, I should have.

Thanks littlemonkies for yr encouragement. With my stressful condition i let my DH do all the injections. I needed to involve him in this so that im not going through this alone. Currently the Cetrotide is causing alot of leaking below. I keep running to toilet to change my pantyliner. Taking leave now is not possible. But im looking forward to the 2ww hospitalisation leave tat i will be getting to do the resting. NUH said that after they transfer the fertilised eggs inside me, i will be given at least 14 days hopsitalisation leaves.

Hello Wanbaby. Menopur is also a type of gonadotropin (so is Puregon, Gonal-F) to stim follicle & egg growth. Common side effects include tiredness, mood swings, nausea & dizziness. Eggs produce estrogen which causes cervical mucus so there's more estrogen hence more CM during stim. So all seem normal. Try to take it easier and stay strong! All the best! Jia you!
Thanks Dawn, feeling really really relaxed talkinjg to you ladies out there. I really appreciate this site that gives us all the comfort we need.

Also right now im recovering from bad cough, each time i cough i feel something leaking below, hence the rush to toilet to check and clean again. Sigh, i had a colleague who asked if i have diabete since she sees me running to toilet often recently.....the assumptions one has to go through...

Hi ladies... back after a small break...
A small question..anyone can help me here? Dawnbb?

Today is my cd 13 n lining is 6mm.. going back on mon to review.. will the lining increase?
What can i do to increase lining beside the medicine?

I know min is 7mm.. but what is the max a lining usually reach??

Thanks alot!!

Today is my cd 13 n lining is 6mm.. going back on mon to review.. will the lining increase?

Thanks alot!!
Hi babyluck dearie, are u doing natural or medicated FET? If medicated, you will not ovulate and usually you will continue with estrogen medication to support lining growth till doctor feel ok (usually min 7-8mm) before schedule for ET. I have however read one sister who insisted to proceed against doc's advice when her lining was 6.7mm & yet she managed to conceive her first ivf miracle a few years ago (believe it was gan1972).
If natural, it relies on your body to grow lining and hope it reaches the ideal min thickness before you ovulate naturally. If ovulate and lining not ideally thick enough, may need to cancel this cycle as thin lining has been proven to have higher incidence of implantation failure.

In any case, the most you can do now is try not to stress, it's not good for you now. Try taking more foods that supposedly help, ie high protein, good phytoestrogens & food that enhance blood circulation, e.g. Red bean soup, eggs, chicken/ beef essence. Still rem must have healthy balanced diet & adequate hydration. Avoid cold as well as overly heaty foods. Get adequate rest & try to sleep early to enhance cell growth & rejuvenation.

Stay positive & have faith. Just try your best & hope for the best. What will be will be. All the best! +++ Mental power to you! Persevere & Jia you k!

Last edited:
Hi babyluck dearie, are u doing natural or medicated FET? If medicated, you will not ovulate and usually you will continue with estrogen medication to support lining growth till doctor feel ok (usually min 7-8mm) before schedule for ET. I have however read one sister who insisted to proceed against doc's advice when her lining was 6.7mm & yet she managed to conceive her first ivf miracle a few years ago (believe it was gan1972).
If natural, it relies on your body to grow lining and hope it reaches the ideal min thickness before you ovulate naturally. If ovulate and lining not ideally thick enough, may need to cancel this cycle as thin lining has been proven to have higher incidence of implantation failure.

In any case, the most you can do now is try not to stress, it's not good for you now. Try taking more foods that supposedly help, ie high protein, good phytoestrogens & food that enhance boos circulation, e.g. Red bean soup, eggs, chicken/ beef essence. Still rem must have healthy balanced diet & adequate hydration. Avoid cold as well as overly heaty foods. Get adequate rest & try to sleep early to enhance cell growth & rejuvenation.

Stay positive & have faith. Just try your best & hope for the best. What will be will be. All the best! +++ Mental power to you! Persevere & Jia you k!

Many many hugs to u dawnbb!!! Feel so happy to hav a sista like u around!!

I m going to stock up more on red dates n eggs!! Hope the lining increases over the weekend!!

Really hoping for new year to be a great one.to.start.... shouting out to all positive vibes and energy to be surrounded us at all times!!!!!!!!!

I m going to stock up more on red dates n eggs!! Hope the lining increases over the weekend!!

Really hoping for new year to be a great one.to.start.... shouting out to all positive vibes and energy to be surrounded us at all times!!!!!!!!!

I m doing medicated FET!

Jia you!! 1-2mm should be do-able! Red bean not red dates right? :p

Thanks alot!!
U can try eat black bean w soup.or black bean soya milk ... it help also.. my sinseh told mi to eat and help on me..I got 14 before my ET

The nurse told me that the white is the skin of the pill insert n absorption is very fast.just rembr to lie down for at least 15min after insert, preferably 30min if possible. So dont need to worry.

Hi ladies .. I have a lining of 6.9 triple 1day prior to trigger shot .. there was a further jab of puregon 1day prior to trigger and doc says lining would well exceed 6.9 come trigger ..will my lining have chance to drop from ER to ET phase? Lining can still be built with intake of food prior to implantation occurring?

Hi ladies .. I have a lining of 6.9 triple 1day prior to trigger shot .. there was a further jab of puregon 1day prior to trigger and doc says lining would well exceed 6.9 come trigger ..will my lining have chance to drop from ER to ET phase? Lining can still be built with intake of food prior to implantation occurring?
Dear sis, no it won't because after ER, body will produce progesterone which increases as estrogen gradually decrease. After ET you will also get added progesterone from the support meds. The progesterone takes over from the estrogen to maintain the uterine lining so that it will remain receptive for implantation.
Stay positive. All the best! Jia you!

Thanks dear.. where can i buy this?
IMG5922_1417147594683.JPG

Back