2016/01 Jan Babies

Hi hi all mummies

This is my first pregnancy n first thread in this forum.. All mummies - have good recommendation for massage lady pls ?

Thanks

I chose Dr Irene Chua, her clinic is at Gleneagles and she has another clinic at Mount E Novena, her partner is Dr Jonathan Wee. Very nice and patient guy.. I'm 25 this year and expecting #2, what about you?

Hi Mxndy,

Did you go with Dr Jonathan or Dr Irene? How are they so far? I am still deciding which gynae to go with.

Hi Reeca, my girl who is coming to one in 2 weeks time was tested with very high risk for Oscar. Her NT was 3.2mm and risk ratio was 1:50, in part due to my age. 38 when I had her. We went on to do detailed test at Camden on our own accord and result was lots worse. 5 markers for problems. But we didn't give up and said healing prayers everyday. Then decided to do harmony test and result came back ok. Come 20w, we did detailed scan and all was good. So not to worry, NT alone may not be indicative and if anyone asked me, I say do not waste money at Camden. There's a reason why this prof A is never referred to by any gynae and I'm sure there's a reason why he is just doing scanning. His attitude sucks and his professionalism was missing. I know many have good reviews of him but that's just my honest view after having consulted him once.

Hi waiwish, if my ratio was 1:38 how many % will linked to DS my NT is 2.3mm

Hi mummies out there,

May I know is 32th weeks detailed scan is a must>? I remember my last pregnancy (4 yrs back) only detailed scan during 20th weeks.

Please share info on this.. :)

Hi mummies out there,

May I know is 32th weeks detailed scan is a must>? I remember my last pregnancy (4 yrs back) only detailed scan during 20th weeks.

Please share info on this.. :)
it's to check the position of the baby , your placenta. the doc also check the size of the head and baby tummy. check on the heart and heartbeat.. the fluid level and I also had a swat test too..

Any MTB here did the OGTT?

I got impaired glucose tolerance, thus need to control my diet till delivery... sigh...

Can i ask on wbat condition do they make you take rhe OGTT test? Is it if they detect something at the routine urine rest?

Cos this is my 2nd pregnancy...first time i dont recall doing that test and this time round also my gynae nv say anything. So abit worried..

Can i ask on wbat condition do they make you take rhe OGTT test? Is it if they detect something at the routine urine rest?

Cos this is my 2nd pregnancy...first time i dont recall doing that test and this time round also my gynae nv say anything. So abit worried..

My normal routine urine test was normal, buy gynae ask if I have family history and yes I have so she put me to the test. However during my first blood test my blood sugar was higher also but it was suppose to be fasting but I took it without.

Think some gynaes will ask u do for precaution, some is becos of mummies' age which they are compulsory.. I do hear some mummies's gynae didnt ask them to do..

Hi mummies, I've edited the settings from secret to closed group whereby you can find it by typing the FULL name of the group -
'Sg jan 2016 mummies'
Hope this helps! :D
I've just created a secret fb group for January mummies! Please leave down your fb name or email address for me to add you into the group :)

Hi, please kindly add me to the group. I m due on 3rd week of January 2016

[email protected]

Thank u

Anyone preggers with #2 and having blocked ducts? Im having very bad blocked ducts and clearing them off causes contraction. Boo

Hi all.
When will you be introducing pacifier for baby? Mine is 10 days old now. I wonder if I should introduce pacifier or try not to. Any thoughts?

Hi to the mummy I met & chatted with today who's expecting her baby in Feb at BHG Bugis, about breastfeeding & carriers! Not sure if you participate in this forum but just wanna leave u a note if u wish to know more about breastfeeding, can join SG Breastfeeding Mums group on Facebook. U can also send me a msg here if u need any advice! Good luck!!!!

Hi, hope someone can add me into the Jan 2016 fb group. I'm most likely delivering within the next few days and found out about this page really late. Thanks in advance!

Hihi mummy,

me i tot of donating but hasnt inform my gynae abt it.. didnt really find out how to go abt it..

no. Why donate it away? I rather keep for my children first then when they grow up let them decide how they want to do with it - i've done my part as a parent to store for them. LOL

My Lo is drinking 110ml per feed every 2.5hrs to 3hrs. He is 3 weeks old. How much is your Lo drinking now?
hi gimmick_dolby, 110ml is around 3.5oz. Are you feeding formula or bf? Last week I gave my lo 3oz of milk every 2.5 hrs - he starts crying when it is 2.5hrs. He is also 3 wks old. His weight is more than 3.3 kg now! He is 30% more heavier than his birth weight! Nurse told me he grows too fast and need to cut down the milk intake.

@sunstillshines my Lo is really big, at 3.9kg at birth and he is 4.6kg last week. I am giving him EM with once a while formula. How to reduce milk intake when they will cry if they are hungry? Do u have confinement lady to help?

Hi..

For those who are delivering or have delivered this month, drop me a PM if you are keen to join our private FB group for Jan 2016 mummies :)

@sunstillshines my Lo is really big, at 3.9kg at birth and he is 4.6kg last week. I am giving him EM with once a while formula. How to reduce milk intake when they will cry if they are hungry? Do u have confinement lady to help?

I am quite depressed that I brought my lo to see doc every week. Haiz... yesterday, we saw the doc and got to know that he has reflux! Now he is taking medicine else he cannot sleep at night due to the gas reflux in his tummy! I read from internet that infants are prone to colic between 3 to 6 weeks. My lo is having it. It is quite sad to see him cry and scream esp at night because of the "wind"!

Oh yes, his weight as of yesterday is 3.8kg. My Ikea changing table is going to be too small for him. I wonder what should I do?

No, I dont have any confinement lady to help me. I am taking care of baby myself.

I am quite depressed that I brought my lo to see doc every week. Haiz... yesterday, we saw the doc and got to know that he has reflux! Now he is taking medicine else he cannot sleep at night due to the gas reflux in his tummy! I read from internet that infants are prone to colic between 3 to 6 weeks. My lo is having it. It is quite sad to see him cry and scream esp at night because of the "wind"!

Oh yes, his weight as of yesterday is 3.8kg. My Ikea changing table is going to be too small for him. I wonder what should I do?

No, I dont have any confinement lady to help me. I am taking care of baby myself.

Because of his reflux, I have cut half oz of milk to feed him. So I feed him 2.5oz at every 2.5 hrs or 3 hrs intervert.

Hello Mummies!

I'm conducting a Psychology research on our fathers in Singapore who has child(ren) of 0 to 18 months of age. It is important to understand more about our daddies and their psychological well-being for future designing of family policies and support programmes. It is very appreciated if you could help to ask your spouse to complete this questionnaire that will only take a short time.

URL: https://goo.gl/660XHP

Participation is entirely anonymous and confidential. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much and Happy Chinese New Year!

Back