(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

I'm using AIA right now where it covers the mother until baby is born ( also cover pregnancy complications). After born, the policy is transferred to child with based on pre birth medical condition and covers kid. I signed one with an investment linked plan,so by the time child hits age to start university, a small pool of $$ is there.. Can intro my agent to you if u need.
i see but I read that investment linked policy is not very recommended...did you buy any endowment plan?

I saw this plan...looks like not bad
http://www.tokiomarine.com/content/...LP)/documents/Brochure-TM-Education-LP-EN.pdf

Hi, got a new queries? Does baby leak often? How many mattress protector do we need to standby? Any parents intend to cosleep with baby?

i see but I read that investment linked policy is not very recommended...did you buy any endowment plan?

I saw this plan...looks like not bad
http://www.tokiomarine.com/content/...LP)/documents/Brochure-TM-Education-LP-EN.pdf
Think ultimately it's up to you and your financial circumstances? IMO the premium for tokiomarine one is very high and I feel the money can be put to more usage right now ( preparing for emergency expenditure ). I prefer investment linked myself.

still possible. i put the waterproof mat on top of cot mattress just in case. buy the breathable kind so its not so hot for the baby

Hi, I saw a lot of different types. Got some look plastic pvc, some are bamboo fibre. This my first time, can teach me the diff? Thanks a lot

Mummies... just want to check... for confinement... as told by mil and my mum that we cannot take plain water but have to take red date longan... just thinking can take those instant ones? Dont want to trouble mil to boil every morning for me ar... esp i know i tend to drink a lot of water...

I have been using products from babysafe brand. http://babysafe.sg/
used the same brand this time too. so far so good. its sold at Robinsons , Kiddypalace etc. you can have a look and see if it suits you :)

Hi, I saw a lot of different types. Got some look plastic pvc, some are bamboo fibre. This my first time, can teach me the diff? Thanks a lot

i think its alright to take plain water. was told that red date longan drink is meant to nourish blood and blood circulation. i dont drink it the whole day. finished the portion that was boiled and I just drink water. if breast feeding you will need more fluids. currently in confinement and feel more thirsty than normal.

Mummies... just want to check... for confinement... as told by mil and my mum that we cannot take plain water but have to take red date longan... just thinking can take those instant ones? Dont want to trouble mil to boil every morning for me ar... esp i know i tend to drink a lot of water...

Think ultimately it's up to you and your financial circumstances? IMO the premium for tokiomarine one is very high and I feel the money can be put to more usage right now ( preparing for emergency expenditure ). I prefer investment linked myself.
ya I think so too ..depend on individual financial limit...that why I am still looking around :)...

One packet of red dates with longan can brew more than a day supply. Your Mother or mil can brew and store in the thermal flask for a next day, don't have to brew so many times. And yes, if u breastfeed, u will still need to drink lots n lots of water.

Just to Share....

Yesterday tried Pre-natal massage with this lady Christina. She was an ex-hospital staff.
I find that she is friendly and very good in sharing information about lactation care and her service.

I engage her to relieve my ache and tired leg, I din expect she help me on breast assessment. She check the nipple and was told I can try breastfeed but mine was inverted nipples so better get a shield to help out.

I find her massage is good and relax that i fell asleep... haha....

She provide the following service
1) Pre-natal & post natal Massage & Bengkung Wrap
2) Lactation Care (relieving Engorgement / empty blocked ducts)
3) baby Massage
4) Confinement Nanny Service (Peiyu) (understand from her, the confinement is a Singaporean and is her frenz)
5) Customised confinement diet therapy
6) Adhoc, Day and night care (she mentioned she only do night care, day care will be by her frenz)
7) bathing & caring for babies
8) place & train program for back-to work mothers.

Weekend slot mostly reserved for mother who need lactation care.
For appointment 9010 2356 (Christina)

Hi! I posted in Fb grp yesterday and only now I came forum n saw ur post! it came in right timing! Thks! I juz call her n she say she gave lactation service too and I may need it too! Thks so much for sharing!

My fren with a six month old baby just fractured her hand and needs day care for her baby with some light housework. Anyone has contacts of people who can help? She stays alone with the baby so no one is helping her. Thanks in advance

Mummies should we buy both baby sling and carrier or is just the carrier enough. My carrier says 3-25kg but are carriers safe enough for new borns? The booklet says infant to toddler but are newborns considered infants?

i am using the pupsik sling. if you havent bought any sling, the sg50 baby jubilee gift comes with the SG50 TheBabaSling. You can use this sling to carry your new born till bb is old/big enough for the carrier. http://www.littlestepsasia.com/singapore/events/sg50-thebabasling

Mummies should we buy both baby sling and carrier or is just the carrier enough. My carrier says 3-25kg but are carriers safe enough for new borns? The booklet says infant to toddler but are newborns considered infants?

My fren with a six month old baby just fractured her hand and needs day care for her baby with some light housework. Anyone has contacts of people who can help? She stays alone with the baby so no one is helping her. Thanks in advance

Hi xyun08, you may want call this lady Christina 9010 2356 check whether she can help your frenz get day care nanny.

Mummies any opinion on baby toiletries? Many people are advicing me to get less chemical and fragrant free products like mustela, california baby and sebamed. But so expensive!

Any gd experience with these products? Read some reviews on sebamed and suppose to be mild but there are babies who get reactions

using sebamed bubble bath. its non rinse. used the same for #1 previously. no reactions for mine.

subsequently i changed to aveeno baby bath for #1 when use shower to bathe instead of bath tub. (need to rinse off). also good for sensitive skin

california baby and aveeno baby you can spree directly / buy from USA. its cheaper than buying from SG retail shops.

Mummies any opinion on baby toiletries? Many people are advicing me to get less chemical and fragrant free products like mustela, california baby and sebamed. But so expensive!

Any gd experience with these products? Read some reviews on sebamed and suppose to be mild but there are babies who get reactions

hi, will there be any concern if baby is moving too much? eg: can move for Ard half n hours for at least 4 times daily? sometimes can feel trembling too, maybe having nightmare..

Hi mommies, I am going to induce next week. My latest dilation is still a 0....:(
Next visit is my last visit. My gynae prefer not to overshoot my EDD..

Super mixed feeling...excited and yet scare....omgo_O

active is good. you should be concerned if you dont feel baby moving for 2 hours or more.

hi, will there be any concern if baby is moving too much? eg: can move for Ard half n hours for at least 4 times daily? sometimes can feel trembling too, maybe having nightmare..

Hi mommies, I am going to induce next week. My latest dilation is still a 0....:(

Hi, I am feeling the same also. This Sat is my last scan and if bb position is not ready, I will go for c-sec next week. My hubby wants me to choose half GA so that he can accompany me to the operating room. I am scared and excited the same time. Hope that everything will go well and bb will be healthy when she is born. Sometimes, there will be some negative thoughts about the delivery and bb's health. I guess I can only have a sense of relief when I see my bb and doc telling me "congratulations on your new born bb girl".....

Hi, I am feeling the same also. This Sat is my last scan and if bb position is not ready, I will go for c-sec next week. My hubby wants me to choose half GA so that he can accompany me to the operating room. I am scared and excited the same time. Hope that everything will go well and bb will be healthy when she is born. Sometimes, there will be some negative thoughts about the delivery and bb's health. I guess I can only have a sense of relief when I see my bb and doc telling me "congratulations on your new born bb girl".....

Congrats, finally to delivery stage.. I jus went for 34 week check at kk yesterday. No checking of dilation cos I don dare yet even gynea had ask if I want. I think too early to check too.. Next appoint is 36 week. Still got things to wash. Very under prepare I think.. The most over prepare is jnj products cos I got vouchers to use. Only had 10 sets clothes 13 sample diapers, napkin diapers over 15 pcs. 2 bassinets for co sleeping. Not yet buy waterproof cloth yet

Any mummies with babies not moving much? My gynae concern and want me to go back for more ctg scan and if result not good, she want to go for csect.. i just did 2 today and have to go back again tmw.

Congrats, finally to delivery stage.. I jus went for 34 week check at kk yesterday. No checking of dilation cos I don dare yet even gynea had ask if I want. I think too early to check too.. Next appoint is 36 week. Still got things to wash. Very under prepare I think.. The most over prepare is jnj products cos I got vouchers to use. Only had 10 sets clothes 13 sample diapers, napkin diapers over 15 pcs. 2 bassinets for co sleeping. Not yet buy waterproof cloth yet

Same here. I have not washed bb bottles yet as well. and I have not gotten waterproof cover for the mattress for bb. And I have to get some kitchen stuff for my confinement lady as well. And I am getting so heavy now that my knee cap hurts. My bb sometimes like to move up to my chest below my boobs and when I stand up from bed, I would feel a small sharp pain and I will worry that I may hurt her.

If you still can walk around, better get most things done. Else it will be more and more difficult to walk around.

Looking forward to next week but at the same time scared..... :confused:

Same here. I have not washed bb bottles yet as well. and I have not gotten waterproof cover for the mattress for bb. And I have to get some kitchen stuff for my confinement lady as well. And I am getting so heavy now that my knee cap hurts. My bb sometimes like to move up to my chest below my boobs and when I stand up from bed, I would feel a small sharp pain and I will worry that I may hurt her.

If you still can walk around, better get most things done. Else it will be more and more difficult to walk around.

Looking forward to next week but at the same time scared..... :confused:

I had been sleeping with legs lift up for years. So I didn't get swollen foot. I had kneecap problem but lucky my kneecap wasn't hurt during these period. But my below felt pain. Sometimes my baby like to punch me so painful. Suddenly I can ouch cos it hurt. Today got a mattress protector to lay over the co sleeper. Today the shop I want to buy clothes drying rack close early. Had to buy next week. Today rain so heavy, hard to get clothes dry..

Any mummies with babies not moving much? My gynae concern and want me to go back for more ctg scan and if result not good, she want to go for csect.. i just did 2 today and have to go back again tmw.

How is the scan? My bb movement is slower but I still feel her every hour. My gynea said as long as I feel her every hour. Hope everything goes well.

Half GA means?
did the gynae try to adjust with her hands on the outside of your tum tum?
you will be fine..let jia you together ya ;)
All is worthwhile when you see her in your arms.

what is water proof cloth? I think I did not prepare that too...o_O

alot of movement from my baby in the tummy too. mostly are like stretching which i think someone said is mild contractions? for trembling, i nvr felt it before till today.. just now. like 3 sec of trembling. wonder what it means...

my check up done yesterday, at week 36 now.

ImageUploadedByForum1448518359.810353.jpg

Bought this at NTUC which sold it at $15.90.

contractions feel like tightening of the stomach. if its at regular intervals or if intensity gets higher/ pain not bearable, quickly head down to ur Dr to check. Dr will usually strap you to the CTG to check for contractions + bb's heartbeat.

alot of movement from my baby in the tummy too. mostly are like stretching which i think someone said is mild contractions? for trembling, i nvr felt it before till today.. just now. like 3 sec of trembling. wonder what it means...

my check up done yesterday, at week 36 now.

My bb is also not having much movement for the last few days... dr wanted him to be out these few days but gave him another chance today... but i think bb knows what happen... so end up he made a lot of movement during today ctg... so end up not too much of concern... will b back to see dr next week... final countdown liao... will be missing the couple time hubby and myself have all these while...

Any mummies feel bb vigorous kicks middle of night??? My girl is kicking at 2am in the morning for almost 1 hr. Feels like she is trying to break through my tummy. Kicks are all over the place and very uncomfortable. Her kick kept me awake whole night cause I worried about water break and contractions. I am now week 38 already. But bb position is still breech so we have to wait for this Sat to do our last scan to confirm her position. Wonder what she is doing inside my tummy and cause her to have such strong kicks for an hour plus..... :confused::confused:

U get contraction before water bag burst. Once water bag burst, must rush to hospital already coz baby's oxygen will be lower if water bag burst n extremely dangerous! Good luck mummies!

I believe we are all excited and scared especially for those first time mummies. For me, I choose not to think so much about the c section n count down to cross my danger zone first. Then deal with the excitement later. Coz if we are not calm enough, the baby can feel us n u get contractions more often n not very advisable if u r not due yet. The cost of premature baby is v high in ICU. Do deep breathing when excitement kicks in n it will help. For those mummies who are due next week, congrats! Take time to adjust, don't give yourself too much stress n enjoy the new journey with your new born. Do it with your hubby to build up family time. Good luck!

Hi mummies, after my episodes of bb kicking vigorously whole of last night, I have been feeling mild cramps this morning. I hope it's not contraction as the cramps are not getting worse. They just comes on and off. I am feeling the anxiety and the date approaches as I am scheduled for c-sec next Thursday. Hope my bb can wait till then. Jia you all mummies.

Back