Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hello girls! I had my positive B-HCG last Monday at 14dp5dt and am currently 6 weeks pregnant. But I have been feeling nauseous since 2 days ago and it's getting worse. There's no vomiting yet but this nausea prevents me from eating or drinking. Any home made remedies that I can try? I have tried sour plums, ginger candy but they make me feel worse :(

The support medication we are taking worsens the nausea but bo bian, in order to have best chances for your beanie, you have to tahan ok.

There are plenty of websites that give you info on what to do to combat nausea. if you are lucky, they will work. if you, like me sway, one day will work, other days will chuck up. But I'll just share with you what worked for me.

In terms of what to eat. You will find that your appetite has evaporated. You'd be lucky to finish half of what is in front of you. I found it useful to eat soupy things and things that have no strong smell. Those things with strong smell really triggered my nausea and I couldn't even get the food down. Different people take to different things but it seems like fish is a common disliked food amongst us severe nausea victims. Don't be too worried about not taking enough food, because beanie is still small and has the yolk sac which is its main source of nutrition. When nausea eases off around, you will suddenly become godzilla of food - like me.

it's counter-intuitive, but do not go hungry. It makes the nausea worse. What really helped me was crackers and digestive biscuits. I'd put a box of them next to my bed. Before I sleep, I'd take one. Sometimes I'd wake up at 4am for no reason feeling hungry and nauseous, I would eat some of those biscuits. The moment I wake up, the first thing I do is to reach out for the biscuits. It's really desperation. Ultimately, I still felt nauseous throughout the day but not filling my tummy with something makes it way worse. Digestive biscuits may or may not work for you. I suggest going to the supermarket (or get DH to go if you can't even drag yourself out) and buy a variety of different dry crackers. Find one that works for you, and stick to it

Oh ya, rolled oats are good. I start off the day with oats and find I don't really chuck up for some weird reason. Rolled oats will keep you feeling full too.

It helps to know that there's an end to this misery. For most people, the nausea peaks around Week 9 - 10 and thereafter, tapers off. But this is general rule of the thumb. I'm not sure about twins scenario. I have a singleton and am currently at Week 11.. the nausea has, thankfully, eased up quite a bit.

Good luck sweetie. hang in there, I know it's horrible. But when you see the bub on the ultrasound, you'd say 'a million times over for you, darling'.

Last edited:

I was 3003 haha... I probably left before you came?

So far I feel crampy occasionally, slightly nausea and very lethargic. No other major symptoms so far.

I'm not sure how it works, are you under dr Yu? She is super busy, does she still provide consultation in delivery. Eventually do you plan to seek another gynae ?

Last edited:
The support medication we are taking worsens the nausea but bo bian, in order to have best chances for your beanie, you have to tahan ok.

There are plenty of websites that give you info on what to do to combat nausea. if you are lucky, they will work. if you, like me sway, one day will work, other days will chuck up. But I'll just share with you what worked for me.

In terms of what to eat. You will find that your appetite has evaporated. You'd be lucky to finish half of what is in front of you. I found it useful to eat soupy things and things that have no strong smell. Those things with strong smell really triggered my nausea and I couldn't even get the food down. Different people take to different things but it seems like fish is a common disliked food amongst us severe nausea victims. Don't be too worried about not taking enough food, because beanie is still small and has the yolk sac which is its main source of nutrition. When nausea eases off around, you will suddenly become godzilla of food - like me.

it's counter-intuitive, but do not go hungry. It makes the nausea worse. What really helped me was crackers and digestive biscuits. I'd put a box of them next to my bed. Before I sleep, I'd take one. Sometimes I'd wake up at 4am for no reason feeling hungry and nauseous, I would eat some of those biscuits. The moment I wake up, the first thing I do is to reach out for the biscuits. It's really desperation. Ultimately, I still felt nauseous throughout the day but not filling my tummy with something makes it way worse. Digestive biscuits may or may not work for you. I suggest going to the supermarket (or get DH to go if you can't even drag yourself out) and buy a variety of different dry crackers. Find one that works for you, and stick to it

Oh ya, rolled oats are good. I start off the day with oats and find I don't really chuck up for some weird reason. Rolled oats will keep you feeling full too.

It helps to know that there's an end to this misery. For most people, the nausea peaks around Week 9 - 10 and thereafter, tapers off. But this is general rule of the thumb. I'm not sure about twins scenario. I have a singleton and am currently at Week 11.. the nausea has, thankfully, eased up quite a bit.

Good luck sweetie. hang in there, I know it's horrible. But when you see the bub on the ultrasound, you'd say 'a million times over for you, darling'.

Wow, that's really informative... Thanks very much for the advice. Yes, it will be all worth it for a healthy baby!

I was 3003 haha... I probably left before you came?

So far I feel crampy occasionally, slightly nausea and very lethargic. No other major symptoms so far.

I'm not sure how it works, are you under dr Yu? She is super busy, does she still provide consultation in delivery. Eventually do you plan to seek another gynae ?
Haha.. you're right, you left before i arrived at the clinic. Yes, I'm under Dr Yu. Hardly get to see her. Mostly attended by her nurses. I'm not sure if I will seek another gynae or not. See how things go for the next few appointment before deciding.

My work had been so crazy busy lately. Walking around n having meetings. I try to sit whenever I can, and sleep early at night. But generally not as enough rest as I would likeZ I'm slightly worried if it will affect. Still week 5 only.

I hope you are feeling better now! Is that something like vomiting out the gastric juice?

Ya, I vomit out gastric juice... then have to consciously push it back down, very xing ku. Only time don't feel it is when I wake up in the morning with empty stomach.

But I should stop complaining right? At least no more nausea.......

My work had been so crazy busy lately. Walking around n having meetings. I try to sit whenever I can, and sleep early at night. But generally not as enough rest as I would likeZ I'm slightly worried if it will affect. Still week 5 only.

Rest more, and if you need more HL, don't hesitate to tell your doctor. They are usually quite sympathetic. You tell them you are very stressed and tired, and worried this will affect baby.

For me, the very first day I went back to work, I started bleeding. So I was put on HL for 2 weeks thereafter. By the time I went back to work around week 7... and I saw baby's heartbeat already so feel more secure...

Ya, I vomit out gastric juice... then have to consciously push it back down, very xing ku. Only time don't feel it is when I wake up in the morning with empty stomach.

But I should stop complaining right? At least no more nausea.......

My TCM doc previously said if can drink make peppermint leaves with water for any bloated feeling or discomfort in the stomach. Not sure if it will help for you but can try see it can soothe ur uncomfortness.

Hi all ivf mummies.

I have Pre-loved Luvion Doppler-deluxe 80 in good condition up for grabs.
It allows you to hear your baby’s heart beat at the comfort and in the privacy of your own home. You can stop worried the well-being of the life forming inside of you
can hear baby's heartbeat for continuous assurance.. heehee
Letting go at $75. Non-negotiable

I start using in my week 10 pregnancy[/QUOTE
Hi, i am interested! Been looking for one actually. May i know how shud i arrange for collection and payment from u?

Finally I got my first scan and there's 2 heartbeats! :)

Also manage to get my previous BT result from the Dr.
1st beta-hcg: 952 (12dp5dt)
2nd beta-hcg: 27391 (21dp5dt)

Looking forward to the journey ahead!
Big congrats to you! Wishing you a smooth and enjoyable journey!

Hope u mummies are doing good!!
Finally at 11 weeks + 4, i woke up in e morning with no nausea!! Until i brush my teeth. But am really hoping it stays that way, it has been 2 days of nausea free! I feel like i suddenly have more strength than before! But guess wat, say Hi to back ache! Hahahah

Congrats @Joy10 on the twins pregnancy!

Hope u mummies are doing good!!
Finally at 11 weeks + 4, i woke up in e morning with no nausea!! Until i brush my teeth. But am really hoping it stays that way, it has been 2 days of nausea free! I feel like i suddenly have more strength than before! But guess wat, say Hi to back ache! Hahahah

Congrats @Joy10 on the twins pregnancy!

Mine also subsided at week 11... but it will suka suka come back one... haha... Hope yours is goodbye forever!

@kitty16 My hubby accompanied me. Afterall this is the first scan where the baby heartbeat can be seen. And I know he will not want to miss this moment esp since this is our first pregnancy.

I know how nervous u must be feeling... I guess you'll be most gan cheong when u lie on the bed while the sonographer is doing the scan and not telling u anything yet. She will complete the scan and measurements before explaining to us and showing us the screen. So there's couple of mins on the bed where my inner voice is like shouting "pls tell me how's everything NOW". Haha.

Do update us on your scan yay. All the best to u! :)

Lovelies,
Just as i woke up for my morning prayers, i noticed i had bright red bleeding. Will turn 12 weeks tomrw.
Im worried but decided not to panic as yet. While i was peeing, there was a surge of cramps but none aft tat. Now lying down, legs up and all i could feel is my back aching.
My son is sleeping, my husb is at sea & i have an appt wif someone coming over to install my internet from 11-1pm. I seriously hope things get better when i wake up later.
Anyone knows if i shud call TPS to inform THH(my gynae) or straight go O&G later?

ain are u with kkh? go o&g directly now.. dun wait..
unlikely able 2see thh for walk in cases. but o&g will get ur records from central files..

Lovelies,
Just as i woke up for my morning prayers, i noticed i had bright red bleeding. Will turn 12 weeks tomrw.
Im worried but decided not to panic as yet. While i was peeing, there was a surge of cramps but none aft tat. Now lying down, legs up and all i could feel is my back aching.
My son is sleeping, my husb is at sea & i have an appt wif someone coming over to install my internet from 11-1pm. I seriously hope things get better when i wake up later.
Anyone knows if i shud call TPS to inform THH(my gynae) or straight go O&G later?

Are you still on Duphaston? I think it's better to go to the O&G. Maybe they can give you additional medication etc.

Lovelies,
Go to o&g. The dr will do a scan then give u a jab.

So far no more bleeding. I have yet to go to KKH. Will prob just go ahead to O&G later. Honestly im trying to stay calm but at the back of my mind, it totally reminds me of my 1st natural pregnancy which i miscarried.

Anyway thanks babes!! Will update further once I'm there!

So far no more bleeding. I have yet to go to KKH. Will prob just go ahead to O&G later. Honestly im trying to stay calm but at the back of my mind, it totally reminds me of my 1st natural pregnancy which i miscarried.

No big movement n also don't carry heavy thing.

*hugs hugs* Try to have bedrest till you go to KKH later.
Do update us and do take care.

Hie everyone, I'm new here. Chance upon this thread while googling for IVF forum in sg.
This is my #3 ivf cycle and beta test on 27th nov is positive (HCG level 573.6) Yey!! finally after 2x negative results we couldn't be more happier knowing that this time round it works (changing doc helps mayb). Hoping to learn a thing or two here or at least have moral support frm you ladies. Will be having my scan on 9th dec to see how BB is doing. Weird thing is after having positive beta all pregnancy symptoms seems to go away. Hopefully all is good tho.

Hie everyone, I'm new here. Chance upon this thread while googling for IVF forum in sg.
This is my #3 ivf cycle and beta test on 27th nov is positive (HCG level 573.6) Yey!! finally after 2x negative results we couldn't be more happier knowing that this time round it works (changing doc helps mayb). Hoping to learn a thing or two here or at least have moral support frm you ladies. Will be having my scan on 9th dec to see how BB is doing. Weird thing is after having positive beta all pregnancy symptoms seems to go away. Hopefully all is good tho.

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the break from symptoms while it lasts... it's prob because your IVF drugs have been washed out and the body is getting better. My symptoms (nausea, constipation) started around week 6 and developed to serious nausea around week 7. By week 8 onwards, I was vomiting. Suffered through it till week 11 when the nausea tapered off. BUT not everyone suffers from pregnancy symptoms. It is my hope that you have a healthy, strong and smooth pregnancy without these nasty symptoms. They are really the most unpleasant part of my journey so far.... though I can't decide whether this is worse than the painful jabs during IVF.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Hope your pregnancy is smooth and successful!

Hey dear, how're you? How's it going? Hope everything is ok.

I am happy about the development of my baby but I'm sad I have to find someone else now. Haha!

I am thinking of Mt A, Mt. E Novena or TMC. Gynae wise, I'm looking at Goh Shen Li... anyone knows whether she is any good?

Little monkies,

Have you decided on dr goh shen li? Several good reviews about her, although I can't find much info. I have a preference for Mt A, but still looking for doctor.

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the break from symptoms while it lasts... it's prob because your IVF drugs have been washed out and the body is getting better. My symptoms (nausea, constipation) started around week 6 and developed to serious nausea around week 7. By week 8 onwards, I was vomiting. Suffered through it till week 11 when the nausea tapered off. BUT not everyone suffers from pregnancy symptoms. It is my hope that you have a healthy, strong and smooth pregnancy without these nasty symptoms. They are really the most unpleasant part of my journey so far.... though I can't decide whether this is worse than the painful jabs during IVF.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Hope your pregnancy is smooth and successful!

Thanks for the well wishes dear :) ouhhhh the jabs i think by now those gng tru ivf can become professional junkie liao close eyes oso can knw where to jab. Hehehe

Last edited:
Lovelies,

Usually straight to O&G as dr tan is by appt basis.

I'm so glad there's this thread. I'm at early week 5 and I've been getting consistent pain on lower left abdomen. The pain went worst when I got back to work on Friday as I need to walk on faster pace w my colleagues during lunch. I couldn't sleep the whole night and went to O&G 24hr clinic to check if it's a sign of ectopic. I can't c my gynae Dr Tan as he's not in on Weekends for consultation. Luckily it's not ectopic and the embryo is growing fine to 3mm in my uterus but there's some cyst that cause my ovary to grow to 7.2cm big.

I was asked to rest and take pain killer until the cyst subside in 3-4 weeks time. I wonder how to tolerate the pain when I still need to go to work.:(

Think I should consider talking to my supervisor to allow me to work from home.

I'm so glad there's this thread. I'm at early week 5 and I've been getting consistent pain on lower left abdomen. The pain went worst when I got back to work on Friday as I need to walk on faster pace w my colleagues during lunch. I couldn't sleep the whole night and went to O&G 24hr clinic to check if it's a sign of ectopic. I can't c my gynae Dr Tan as he's not in on Weekends for consultation. Luckily it's not ectopic and the embryo is growing fine to 3mm in my uterus but there's some cyst that cause my ovary to grow to 7.2cm big.

I was asked to rest and take pain killer until the cyst subside in 3-4 weeks time. I wonder how to tolerate the pain when I still need to go to work.:(

Think I should consider talking to my supervisor to allow me to work from home.

Actually if your supervisor is open , you should try to work from home if you are not well.

Little monkies,

Have you decided on dr goh shen li? Several good reviews about her, although I can't find much info. I have a preference for Mt A, but still looking for doctor.

For Mt A, you can consider Dr Geraldine Tan. She delivers at TMC and Mt A. I'm gg back to her as my ivf dr doesn't do delivery. A few yrs back I did surgery under Dr G Tan and iui. I love how she's always cheerful and reassuring.

Actually if your supervisor is open , you should try to work from home if you are not well.

I checked with my supervisor and she will check with head of admin and big boss so praying hard to at least let me go back office after my pain subside.

How is everyone doing. Im reaching 20 weeks. And I dont looked pregnant. So I cannot expect people to offer me seats in bus or mrt. haha

I'm gg to be 17 weeks but my belly is rather small also. But that's not a bad thing cos I can still wear my normal clothes. Save money! Lol.

Anybody did prenatal yoga? I went for one lesson but wondered if it's harming the baby in any way. It's not as relaxing as I thought it'd be. :-/ Quite stressful for me cos I've nvr gone for any form of yoga before. Since our babies are hard to come, I wonder if I should still continue or should just do walking etc instead.

Last edited:
I'm into 9 weeks now, everyday feel restless, no energy. I have not been out for some time. Really no energy from all the heart burn and vomiting. Sigh sigh. I'm surviving with just two cups of milo and crackers everyday.

Hi baby dusty, I'm a private patient under Dr TanHH and its cost $98 per consultation before pregnancy... So I'm not sure if the price will be cheaper... Haiz...

Like what babydusty mentioned, KKH has no prenatal packages. So will have to continue paying the same rate till you deliver. For me, i am paying $100+ per visit for consultation and scans every 4 weeks. Will be doing weekly visit from my next visit onwards and probably cost will be higher per month liao.

Anybody did prenatal yoga? I went for one lesson but wondered if it's harming the baby in any way. It's not as relaxing as I thought it'd be. :-/ Quite stressful for me cos I've nvr gone for any form of yoga before. Since our babies are hard to come, I wonder if I should still continue or should just do walking etc instead.

Oh, If you are not used to yoga it will be very 'shiong'. Some yoga is very relaxing like breathing n simple stretches but some can be super tiring. You need to gauge if it is too tiring you probably shouldn't over exert. Maybe you can chat with the yoga instructor about this. Ultimately if you are not comfortable then stick to walking or swimming at your own leisure pace. ;)

My fitness trainer say 1st tri cannot do, but 2nd tri should be ok. Yoga is generally gentle so most preggies find it ok. However, if you are not used to it, better don't start now. Do what you've been doing prior to pregnancy. The safest is always swimming.

Back