2016/07 July babies

@emk me in my 9w , edd should be the very end of June else early july.. next appointment will only be in mid dec which is the oscar, need to wait so long then can see bb , don't know how to countdown my days hahaha
Yea same here.. My next appt in mid dec too haha did your gynae give u a lot of supplement to take?

Hi everyone! It's my first time too, quite nervous about it. Happy to find this forum to learn more about pregnancy.

I am 5w4d now, gynae will only see me next Sat at 7weeks. Currently, only serious bloating. No other symptoms.

Yea same here.. My next appt in mid dec too haha did your gynae give u a lot of supplement to take?

Yeah :) started with prenatal vits and fish oil given by gynae a week ago ...do you take the same too? The pills so big making me gag....
Besides that I have been taking another additional 5mg folic acid as well..

Yeah :) started with prenatal vits and fish oil given by gynae a week ago ...do you take the same too? The pills so big making me gag....
Besides that I have been taking another additional 5mg folic acid as well..
Oh my gynae give me prenatal vits,DHA, nataboost and calcium.. And i continues taking folic acid too

Hi all, been years since I last log in.didnt expect to be in this forum but well God has other plans.
Tested positive 3wks ago , did a scan on Tuesday and saw the lil bean. At 7wks 3days. Due July 11. If all is well by first trimester this is our 4th child.
Congrats to all.

Hello, I'm new here. Now abt 8 weeks Edd 6 jul. Had spotting since 4th weeks increased duphaston, jab 1 week 2 times still having spotting :(. Was actually admitted to hospital last week for 3D2N extended HL til 4th Dec. So stressed. ...according to Gynae bb is healthy I just need to keep stay in bed and rest. Can't walk much or carry heavy things. This is my #2.

Congrats to more July mummies.

@bbq98 For me it was my MS that prompted me to test on hpt. I was already 5days late for Af but I couldn't believe it could be bfp till I tested. Worst hit was 5 and 6weeks. Now thankfully it is subsiding. My sis whom had multiples didn't have MS at all. All depends on individuals.

@land Take care and yes minimize movement please. It will be good for the baby.

Due to my history, I'm put on home rest for first trime.

Thanks ladies. My spotting was like everyday haiz. Was put to hospital cos e night before w bit fresh blood. W e jabs and med makes me more nauseous n can't eat..haiz. I felt so restless n useless I can't walk even 5min I felt pain at my tummy n cramp that's y was ask to stay home n CRIB only have meals, go toilet I am allow to get up. This first tri is so stressful..I hope it will really stop after 1st term.

Thanks ladies. My spotting was like everyday haiz. Was put to hospital cos e night before w bit fresh blood. W e jabs and med makes me more nauseous n can't eat..haiz. I felt so restless n useless I can't walk even 5min I felt pain at my tummy n cramp that's y was ask to stay home n CRIB only have meals, go toilet I am allow to get up. This first tri is so stressful..I hope it will really stop after 1st term.

jia you. i had spotting thru out my first tri for my #1 too. weekly jabs, med and bed rest does help. talk to bb too. :)

My panorama was also $1500 last year. Think Harmony Test which is older may be cheaper but it depends on whether your gynae offers it.

Do rest well for those who are spotting. The 1st trimester will pass soon. Jiayou!

@refvel, I am 8 weeks. Had some discomfort and food preference but haven't vomitted and I hope this is the kind of MS I am getting this time round.

Hi All,

I am new here cos' also my first time having a baby! I wonder if I am normal. I was too kiasu, I used 3 urine kit yesterday and this morning to test and came out 2 obvious red line. I just went GP and told her I did the urine test x3 myself and she told me there is no need to do test again. It was just a normal 10mins consultation and the bill is $28 -___-"""

So, I dun even know how many months I am now. Anyway, I have made an appointment with my friend's gynae ( Dr Fong Fang from Mt E Novena) next week. I stay at Pasir Ris... do you think I should find a gynae at Parkway East hospital instead? How do you all choose your gynae?

@Jo Wong. You can count from the first day of your last menses. That will be your first week.

I chose parkway east because I want somewhere near home. Easier for me to rush to the hospital if anything happens.

@Jo Wong. You can count from the first day of your last menses. That will be your first week.

I chose parkway east because I want somewhere near home. Easier for me to rush to the hospital if anything happens.

hee the thing is....... I always record my menses day.... but not for October. I totally forgot. I was on birth control pill from 22 September and decided to stop it and I never thought I would be so heng. So I didn't record. So just now at GP .. The doctor was guessing prob end October then I had menses.

On 2nd thought, I might choose Parkway East. Do you have any gynae recommendation?

Mummies I've added those that requested to be in the group. Do ask questions and post anything related to baby development and issues.

I was from the Feb 2015 mummies group and it was a really great and active group. We shared so many things with each other. From pictures of baby bumps to late night chats on backaches and whatnot and the best thing is that we are still great friends till today with play dates with our little ones!

I wish all a healthy and smooth pregnancy !

hi, can you add me at [email protected]? Thanks a lot.

@Jo Wong, I go to Dr Heng Tung Lan. Either you like her or hate her.....surf the net for reviews. I think Dr Esther Ng delivers there too. I had wanted to try her but she doesnt give appt time for all appts. You have to go and queue up like going to a GP. I hate waiting indefinitely so I gave up the thought of going to her.

I am not sure who else is attached to Parkway east. Others may be able to help. Sorry.

I'm with Dr Heng @ Parkway East too. I chose my gynea based on proximity. :eek: I stay 5 mins away from the hospital only.

All the appointments can really take up your time if you gynae is located very far from you. But this is just my thinking. From there, I decided on Dr Heng because she is the "best"/ most popular doctor there.

Her style is very fast kind. See you and go. And you have to know what to ask her about. She's cheerful and some may think she doesn't seem to care becuase of her style. So it depends how you feel. Her pricing is also reasonable for one of the more popular docs. She also has another clinic at Cassia Crescent.

I'm going for my 1st scan next Thurs.

I think 17 July. Have to confirm with gynae. My last cycle was really long. 40 days as I'm still breastfeeding. So, I didn't expect to strike it. If I were to take my last mense date. It'll be 2 July which I think is unlikely...

:p Hello to all mummies/to be!

First time mummy to be here.. went for 1st scan last week (4weeks plus n saw a sac).. n oh my.. im down with headaches, giddy, nausea, abit of vomiting sometimes, joint pains, tired all the time n even felt short of breath! Is it common to experience all these together? Anyone else experiencing the same?
Hi ladies, its my 2nd pregnancy... i experience e same as you for my 1st pregnancy except giddy.. my joint pain lasted more than a year even after my baby arrival. Joint pain is no joke. I still suffer from it till now (get worse again after 2nd preggy) especially my hand waist. I suggest you buy waist support or watever support to prevent further injury to ur joints.. i thought after preggy will go away.. so never bother abt any treatment.. but after baby arrival.. its only gets worse

I'm 35 yo this yr and dun think I'm taking Oscar or harmony. Shall ask gynae to take a look at the nasal bone then see how. I din took for my 1st two too. Ha ha save cost for their milk powder:)
I Juz went to see gynae today n bb measuring .78cm at 6 weeks 5 days. Heard the faint heartbeat too. So excited.

hee the thing is....... I always record my menses day.... but not for October. I totally forgot. I was on birth control pill from 22 September and decided to stop it and I never thought I would be so heng. So I didn't record. So just now at GP .. The doctor was guessing prob end October then I had menses.

On 2nd thought, I might choose Parkway East. Do you have any gynae recommendation?
Hi! I just went for my 1st appt with Dr Natalie Chua in PEM as it's very near my place. Appt was very on time but I felt like she was rushing me out of the room. Am still thinking if I should continue with her. I'm seeing her in 2 weeks.

Hi all mummies to be, it's my first pregnancy too. I tested on 21st Nov noon and got 2 faint lines. I dun believe it.and tested it 45min later using.2 differ kits, 1 is from qoo10 David pregnancy dipstick and another from guardian. All came out positive. Mayb I Am a bit kiasu so I bought clear blue digital kit to test and showed 2-3 weeks. My mum insist that I shld go and check with the gp. I tot of going gynae nx thur as I think if everything is correct, I shld be 6weeks by then. My lmp is 14Oct, ovulation is 3/4nov. My menses is alw late for 7-10days. I was worried as I experienced abdominal cramp on 15nov onwards, on and off like menses cramp. I was in Korea during that time and I went for roller coaster ride and bumper cars cuz I didn't know im pregnant! Just hope everything is ok. I cnt wait for nx thur to see e gynae! =)

Reactions: KWL
Hi all mummies to be, it's my first pregnancy too. I tested on 21st Nov noon and got 2 faint lines. I dun believe it.and tested it 45min later using.2 differ kits, 1 is from qoo10 David pregnancy dipstick and another from guardian. All came out positive. Mayb I Am a bit kiasu so I bought clear blue digital kit to test and showed 2-3 weeks. My mum insist that I shld go and check with the gp. I tot of going gynae nx thur as I think if everything is correct, I shld be 6weeks by then. My lmp is 14Oct, ovulation is 3/4nov. My menses is alw late for 7-10days. I was worried as I experienced abdominal cramp on 15nov onwards, on and off like menses cramp. I was in Korea during that time and I went for roller coaster ride and bumper cars cuz I didn't know im pregnant! Just hope everything is ok. I cnt wait for nx thur to see e gynae! =)

My ovulation is on 3 Nov too! Guess our bb will be due around the same time :) do update after your gynae visit. I'll be seeing mine next fri and I can't wait too!

Hello all mummies :D

My 1st pregnancy as well & got no idea what need to be avoid from eating and doing.
Will be good if some of y'all can share your experience.

I just saw 1 post that we should not eat bananas/watermelon (which I had already done). I only get to consult my gynae like next 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I ate a big half of watermelon before I found out my bfp. Don't worry, you'll be ok.

Moving forward just try to avoid cooling fruits and cold drinks. I was strongly adviced not to eat Del Monte banana as it is a "slippery" food. Not sure if it's old wives tale but I just avoid it.

Try to avoid hawker fish soup because those as likely Batang fish which is high in mercury. Take salmon if you can. Don't take herbal soup from outside too.

But for me I hardly have appetite so whatever that I can eat I just take small bites. Whatever I eat now they just taste unsatisfying.

I heard abt del monte banana too. My mum says its a big Nono. Also can't take Ching chao drink ( the black jelly drink that is always sold together with soya bean drink)

As for watermelon I Juz took 2 pieces in front of my mother in law babe din comment so I think should be ok. I'm still taking one cup of tea per day.

My appetite is ok and I think I'm eating too much.. I'm putting on too much weight!!

Verluv I'm envious you can enjoy your food. I've lost weight since bfp but doc says it is quite normal and I should be able to catch up my weight later part.

I've food aversions now. I never liked meat much (only white meat). Always liked veg. Now I see veg I wanna puke and all I hope for is pork and fatty meat (although still can't eat much). I read that our body works wonder now as it will crave for things that our body lacks of (protein for my case).

Anyone has food adversion too?

Wow~ I just had banana that bought from starbucks last week & had quite alot of watermelon on Tuesday. MY GOD!! Hopefully i'm not over paranoid.

Hello ladies and mummies

Thought to start a thread for expectant mummies due in July 2016.. I just did my beta hCG test 2 days ago and got positive results (121). Currently 4 weeks and 6 days along. Due date estimated to be early July 2016?

It's my first pregnancy and to be honest it's rather unnerving! Hence thought to head over here for some moral support :) Anyone else due in July too?
Hi , may i know how long to getting the result for HCG test? We have to go back GP to collect it or they will give you a call with regards to the result?

Hello all mummies :D

My 1st pregnancy as well & got no idea what need to be avoid from eating and doing.
Will be good if some of y'all can share your experience.

I just saw 1 post that we should not eat bananas/watermelon (which I had already done). I only get to consult my gynae like next 3 weeks.
My gynae said no banana, papaya and water melon , no raw stuff

I heard abt del monte banana too. My mum says its a big Nono. Also can't take Ching chao drink ( the black jelly drink that is always sold together with soya bean drink)

As for watermelon I Juz took 2 pieces in front of my mother in law babe din comment so I think should be ok. I'm still taking one cup of tea per day.

My appetite is ok and I think I'm eating too much.. I'm putting on too much weight!!
Do you feel frequent hunger? I kept feeling hungry and need to snack coz the hunger is unbearable like going to have reflux

Verluv I'm envious you can enjoy your food. I've lost weight since bfp but doc says it is quite normal and I should be able to catch up my weight later part.

I've food aversions now. I never liked meat much (only white meat). Always liked veg. Now I see veg I wanna puke and all I hope for is pork and fatty meat (although still can't eat much). I read that our body works wonder now as it will crave for things that our body lacks of (protein for my case).

Anyone has food adversion too?
Hello redvel, I'm at 8 weeks now and also losing weight same as u.. v bad appetite see food also wan vomit. More into meat I tink but stil can't reali eat. There was one morning I craving for prata. After eat vomit like nobody biz cos too oily for my tummy to accept >_< . Hope we all get better soon!

my nauseous feeling is acting up. I have been eating so much less compared to before pregnancy, but my stomach is growing at amazing rate. Increasing difficulty to hide from colleagues! HOW? Still got so many weeks to go before the end of first trimester!

Me too, my appetite isn't very good. Feel nauseous when facing the food, even when I'm hungry. Tummy feels bloated, don't know if it's merely fats or baby bump.

Do u all feel e pressure n uncomfortable when sleeping? My bump is obvious too n I can't believe that 1st tri already have difficultly in sleeping and getting in and out of bed :(

Oh gosh seriously bananas can't eat? Read on a few websites that bananas are good!

http://www.momjunction.com/articles/is-it-safe-to-eat-banana-during-pregnancy_00102368/

My dad has been giving me bananas and told me to eat them cos they are good for me. Abt watermelon.. my gyne actually said no problem at all.. as long as in moderation.

I think it's already tough being pregnant, and if you've to restrict yourself from eating so many things it will just make the whole process even tougher.

@verluv my appetite has been damn good too.. wake up first thing in the morn think of what I want to have for breakfast/lunch/dinner cos I'm hungry all the time! Can eat must eat.. happy mummy = happy baby!

@mamarainbow my gyne advised one cup of caffeine per day is ok. She said actually the norm is 2 cups ok, but to play safe she asks me to stick to 1 cup. That I've been following obediently.. so every day I'll think before I am presented with a cup of tea/coffee.. whether I want to use my quota today on this cup, or something else later.. lol!

Do u all feel e pressure n uncomfortable when sleeping? My bump is obvious too n I can't believe that 1st tri already have difficultly in sleeping and getting in and out of bed :(
I only feel discomfort when sleeping side ways. And I heard it's good to sleep on your left for blood circulation.

Do you feel frequent hunger? I kept feeling hungry and need to snack coz the hunger is unbearable like going to have reflux

I totally understand the unbearable hunger feeling! Last time hungry it's just like... ok go to slp will be ok.. or just drink water it will pass. Now when I'm hungry I MUST eat! The hungry feeling now is terrible!

But good thing is I'm still very independent, so I've been satisfying my cravings by myself... never bother my hubby.

Another good thing is that now I'm very certain of what I want to eat. Last time when we go out for dinner it's lyk anything lor... just order anything to share I'm ok. Now I can decisively tell my hubby where to go for dinner, and what exactly I want to eat. I think he's happier too.. lol!

I feel my bump finally popped out 2 days ago and I have always been a left side sleeper. Not uncomfy yet.

@land, there are contoured pillow/bolster that helps to support the back and bump of preggie mummies. Can google it. I had planned to buy during my previous bfp but somehow didn't get to it.

I only feel discomfort when sleeping side ways. And I heard it's good to sleep on your left for blood circulation.
Recently when I'm taking jab I checked w the nurse she said there's no proven record that slp on left is good. She said most impt depend on each individual cos some bb in e tunmy position different so most impt is mummy slp comfortably and bb wil too.

I feel my bump finally popped out 2 days ago and I have always been a left side sleeper. Not uncomfy yet.

@land, there are contoured pillow/bolster that helps to support the back and bump of preggie mummies. Can google it. I had planned to buy during my previous bfp but somehow didn't get to it.
Yeap I alrdy hav one. I bought it my first pregnancy and it's really useful. It's long like banana bolster w beanies inside. But now so early stage I turn left turn right can feel pain. .Is this normal?

Back