2WW - for those TTC-ing

Hi simbb, can help me to interpret as well. This what I tested last cycle.

Hi angle bb,

The opks taken on your cd20 has consistent dark lines for the different timings. Did you temp last month and/or observed ewcm around the same period? It was likely that you ovulated 24-36(48)hrs -> depends on the instructions on your opk strip<- after that? Since you have decided to see a gynae, please go ahead as it leaves you with less guessing work.

The more I search online, the more exceptions I find (see below). :mad: The human body is just so unpredictable, isn't it? For my current cycle, my darkest opks lines were dark but not as dark as the control line, but I observed ewcm and my bbt is still crawling upwards (I am also a slow bbt riser). Haiz... this spanner package (the not so dark lines and the reading of Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome) veered me off course. I shall read more and get my bearings right. :confused:

Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome

Occasionally, you can experience all the classic signs of ovulation, including an LH surge and change in basal body temperature and still not have ovulated. In a condition called, Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome (LUFS), the egg reacts to the LH surge but is unable to pass through the ovarian wall. The follicle then forms a cyst which, in most cases, dissolves on its own. Since your body reacts as though ovulation has occurred, the only way to confirm LUFS is by seeing the cyst on an ultrasound.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_5422325_can-lh-surge-not-ovulate.html

anybody TTC after a miscarriage? I just had my D&C done on 2nd Nov, and am now still contemplating whether to start trying again for a baby. Gynae mentioned to me that I don't have to wait for the 1st cycle to kick in, and in fact I can already start trying. Also heard that the 3 months after a miscarriage, one will be more fertile.. I wonder if its true?
I'm trying after my MC. I waited for 1 cycle but that's because I want to make it easier to date my ovulation and edd. My gynae told me can try anytime once I'm emotionally ready

Feeling confused.. I have a positive opk on CD18. I test again the next day and the line went fainter. Tested again on CD20 and the line is almost not there. However, curious me when to opk ytd (CD23) can saw a line intensity similar to CD20..

Anyone can enlighten me why is this so?? feeling so confused..

TIA
I read that it's normal to see opk+ for a few days. It measure the LH hormone in our body which spikes just before ovulation and taper off after. So sometimes you will see opk+ for a few days as it takes some time to taper off.
Also if the test line is lighter than control line. It's considered negative.
off

Hi angle bb,

The opks taken on your cd20 has consistent dark lines for the different timings. Did you temp last month and/or observed ewcm around the same period? It was likely that you ovulated 24-36(48)hrs -> depends on the instructions on your opk strip<- after that? Since you have decided to see a gynae, please go ahead as it leaves you with less guessing work.

The more I search online, the more exceptions I find (see below). :mad: The human body is just so unpredictable, isn't it? For my current cycle, my darkest opks lines were dark but not as dark as the control line, but I observed ewcm and my bbt is still crawling upwards (I am also a slow bbt riser). Haiz... this spanner package (the not so dark lines and the reading of Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome) veered me off course. I shall read more and get my bearings right. :confused:

Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome

Occasionally, you can experience all the classic signs of ovulation, including an LH surge and change in basal body temperature and still not have ovulated. In a condition called, Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome (LUFS), the egg reacts to the LH surge but is unable to pass through the ovarian wall. The follicle then forms a cyst which, in most cases, dissolves on its own. Since your body reacts as though ovulation has occurred, the only way to confirm LUFS is by seeing the cyst on an ultrasound.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_5422325_can-lh-surge-not-ovulate.html
Hi simbb,

I do chart my bbt last month. Temperature up on cd23. Although the temp different is 0.5 degree but it climb up very slow. Ewcm on cd18.

I think is quite tally with opk. Right?

I experience the lufs once. I am doing iui that month. Was given injection to stimulate the eggs. AF visit 2 days early as expected and it last from 10 days. Doc diagnosed the cyst. He ask me go for ivf straight cause he say my ovary too think. :(

hey Volf,
ur fren here, Val ,hee....hope to hear gd news frm u okie?

gal, go and buy the digital pregnancy kit from clearblue brand, watsons having sales at 19.90 for 2 kits
usual price is 29.90, it is straight forward saying 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'
update me yeeah?

see you in email!

happy.gif
Hi hi.. I see alot of short form here.. may I know what's 2ww..hehe..

Hi @MatchaLatte,

Have I interpreted your opk results correctly?

cd18 - positive (is your test line is the same colour as/darker than the control line? something like sista angle bb's picture on opk strips... something like her cd28)
cd19 - fainter than cd18
cd20 - very faint

My positive opks do not last very long (mostly 1 day at most 2 days... I suspect, 2 days = first when LH is going up, second when it is coming down).

I read that it's normal to see opk+ for a few days. It measure the LH hormone in our body which spikes just before ovulation and taper off after. So sometimes you will see opk+ for a few days as it takes some time to taper off.
Also if the test line is lighter than control line. It's considered negative.
off

Hi simbb and blackcanary,

Thanks for the reply! :) Here's a more detailed version.. Next time I'll rmb to take photos.

CD18: Same intensity as control line (+ve test)
CD19: Line is fainter than CD18
CD20: Super super faint line... Almost no line
CD23: Line appeared.. similar to CD19's intensity
CD24: No line again

I did not use opk on CD21 and CD22. Curious as to why CD23 got the line since CD20 the line alr cleared up le.. But so far my temps have been up since CD20.

Hope its just a random thing and won't affect this cycle.. :)

Last edited:
Hi simbb and blackcanary,

Thanks for the reply! :) Here's a more detailed version.. Next time I'll rmb to take photos.

CD18: Same intensity as control line (+ve test)
CD19: Line is fainter than CD18
CD20: Super super faint line... Almost no line
CD23: Line appeared.. similar to CD19's intensity
CD24: No line again

I did not use opk on CD21 and CD22. Curious as to why CD23 got the line since CD20 the line alr cleared up le.. But so far my temps have been up since CD20.

Hope its just a random thing and won't affect this cycle.. :)
I'll probably view CD 18 as the date for ovulation but can take up to 5 days for our body to actually ovulate after opk+. Sometimes our body behave funnily :) I probably won't give too much thought over the faint line on cd23, maybe it's something you ate that cause a spike in LH. I guess we will know the answer between CD 32 to 37? :)

dr adrian woodworth @ blk 304 cck (near lot 1)

or dr wong mun tat just opposite bukit gombak mrt station

or u prefer female gynae?
Hehe..I prefer female gynae. I know there is Dr selina chua at bukit batok I think but find her very strict and not too friendly...

Thanks jayjayqueenie :)

Hi gals,

Just some update from me. I have opk +ve today. Went to scan for the follicle. Me and the doc manage to see the follicle. Is 20mm and lining is 10.6mm. Doc say lining is abit thick. But is still ok. That means the doctor I went to see the other day in malaysia do wrong.

Hi gals,

Just some update from me. I have opk +ve today. Went to scan for the follicle. Me and the doc manage to see the follicle. Is 20mm and lining is 10.6mm. Doc say lining is abit thick. But is still ok. That means the doctor I went to see the other day in malaysia do wrong.

If lining is thick is good or bad?

Previously I went to TMC to scan for my functional cyst. The senior sonographer said I have thick lining which she said AF gonna come soon, thus the thick lining. She also asked whether I feel cramps before and after my menses. Does this thick lining affect conceiving?

Previously I went to TMC to scan for my functional cyst. The senior sonographer said I have thick lining which she said AF gonna come soon, thus the thick lining. She also asked whether I feel cramps before and after my menses. Does this thick lining affect conceiving?

lining thick good.
good for implantation.

Hi gals,

then better change gynae. u are on which day of your cycle today?

Doc maximum 1mm wo.. but he say just slightly exceed . So should be ok.. I am happy my folicles grow..

Hi gals,

Hi angle bb,

It is good to know that your follicle has grown. Will you be doing anymore scans/tests to confirm that you ovulated? In the meantime, enjoy bd-ing and hope you catch the egg this month. :)

Last edited:
is this considered as valid? taken this morning. initially no line, saw this 10 mins later... i have super irregular AF, last bd on 11 nov.. dun wanna get my hopes up only for disappointment ltr

ImageUploadedByForum1448502157.029657.jpg

oops forgot to add this is hpt... this cycle i also started using opk but i always get confused as results n ewcm doesnt tie. so we just bd alternate days since Cd10

oops forgot to add this is hpt... this cycle i also started using opk but i always get confused as results n ewcm doesnt tie. so we just bd alternate days since Cd10
Ohhhh.. then most prob positive... congrats!!! maybe u wanna try use clearblue to see if its positive.. so happy for u!

Hi Luckyme~,

I feel you. TWW is already unbearable. After seeing this result, the additional wait is definitely more intense. Keep us updated. Rooting for you here. :)

Hi Luckyme~,

I feel you. TWW is already unbearable. After seeing this result, the additional wait is definitely more intense. Keep us updated. Rooting for you here. :)

thanks... this cycle we put in more "effort" and was really tiring. i was telling hub if lk this dun work i dunno what else to do. i really hope this puts an end to e waiting. 4th cycle trying n i'm feeling lk this, really kudos to e other ladies here base on what i have read

my af is making fun of me.
it is coming in spotting.
it was not like this before.
previously 1st day is always like flooded...almost immediately
ttc really is really making everything haywire in me.

my af is making fun of me.
it is coming in spotting.
it was not like this before.
previously 1st day is always like flooded...almost immediately
ttc really is really making everything haywire in me.
Hi jay,

I have spotting on the first day. Stop for 2 days. And the forth day only normal flow. .

Everytime I hope the spotting is implantation bleeding.. but it is not;...

Hope your is implantation bleeding...

Back