2016/07 July babies

@3p1m @love_myself @seseme_seed @hyacinth96 @monsterbaby84 @kitty16 @Crystal2609 @verluv @tryingtoconceive2014 @Mag23 @apple_gal

Dear all,

Thank you for the outpouring of support, encouragement and kind words to me. They really mean a lot and really warms my heart too... I appreciate you taking the time to offer words of comfort. Thank you.

I haven't been checking the forum hence missed out on your messages but just want to let you know I've read every single one of them, and that I am taking very good care of myself and having a good recovery after the miscarriage. Today is Day #4 and I'm feeling much better, the abdominal pain has largely subsided and I've been resting at home the past weekend too. Have also been well taken care of by my MIL and my mum who have cooked nourishing food and soup for me. I went to the TCM and the doc said not to "bu3" yet as I need to complete the m/c completely before taking Chinese herbs to "tiao" my body back. So to only go back in a week when all is cleared out.

Anyway I do hope all of you continue to be cheerful & positive & to have a healthy pregnancy journey!! Take care everyone & thanks once again for your support & encouragement! :)

Hi all, I'm a 1st time mum with a history of miscarriage. Just tested yesterday and I'm pregnant. Am seeing Natalie Chua in parkway east on Wednesday. Hope to share my journey with all of u as I don't have friends or family who are pregnant at the same time. Hope everyone has a smooth and happy pregnancy :)

Lack of updates as I have been on course and away (I usually check this forum during work :p). I had cramps last Fri and spotting started since last Thurs. So I took a jab on my thigh (it was so painful :'( ) and increased the dosage of Duphaston. I had been on bed rest till yesterday but today once I started moving to come to work, I have slight spotting again. Sigh. Otherwise baby is fine according to the scan.

my nauseous feeling is acting up. I have been eating so much less compared to before pregnancy, but my stomach is growing at amazing rate. Increasing difficulty to hide from colleagues! HOW? Still got so many weeks to go before the end of first trimester!

my nauseous feeling is acting up. I have been eating so much less compared to before pregnancy, but my stomach is growing at amazing rate. Increasing difficulty to hide from colleagues! HOW? Still got so many weeks to go before the end of first trimester!
I feel the same too! Not much appetite, got that queasy feeling :(

Reactions: KWL
Hello mummies to be.. I just tested positive over the wkend :) edd shld be in end July based on online calculator. This is my #1. Hope that all of us will have a smooth pregnancy :)

Mummies,

I got very light browish spotting yesterday and the scan shows that the bb heartbeat is very slow. Gynae said not a good sign n could be a miscarriage. Ask me to bed rest for a week and was given dupstagen. Anybody has this prob? Will the bb heartbeat increases after a week?

@carababy
For now do heed doc's advice and bed rest. Doc does like to give worst scenario but it's best to minimize movement for now and continue to talk to bb and try to stay positive. Take care.

Don't worry too much .. Be happy . Everyone kept stressing about age .. If youre overall healthy that most important . Everyone marries later in life , having baby later . There are many new moms in their forties .. They too delivered healthy normal babies
Don't stress .. Congrats & Enjoy !!
Take care
Yeah, I agree totally with you. Hope all mummies be happy, so that all the babies born will be happy too. If you are happy, you will also be healthy. Don't fret over age. Jiayou!!

@carabear I have been having spotting everyday (though some days I do not have at times) for 3 weeks? Baby's heartbeat is strong from 2 scans and I will be seeing baby again on Mon! Keep the faith and keep your spirits up. Take care and have more bed rest!!

Mummies,

I got very light browish spotting yesterday and the scan shows that the bb heartbeat is very slow. Gynae said not a good sign n could be a miscarriage. Ask me to bed rest for a week and was given dupstagen. Anybody has this prob? Will the bb heartbeat increases after a week?

@carababy I have spotting throughout the first tri for my #1 and I was on bed rest and weekly jab and many an tai med. Do rest well and stay positive.

Hi all. My EDD is 5 Jul 16, but expecting twins so might be earlier. 1st time mum and tried conceiving for 3yrs so finally succeed with ivf. Heard from doc on all the complications so trying to maintain positive. Going for 2nd scan on Sat, hope can still hear 2 hb.
I'm still on several hormones pills/inserts hence no MS. But not much appetite and very tired that i cant concentrate at work but have no leave and few days of MC to take.

To all mummies out there, stay happy and jiayou! We really need to rest more.

Hi any recommended gynae that delivers at mt e Novena? Just called dr wendy Teo clinic and the package price ranges from $1100 to $1300.

Eat you must .. Ur choice of foods' important . Proper foods and healthy snacks , less junks .
5 small meals on regular interval is better than 3 full meals . I know it's irritating to keep going to the toilet but you must drink enough .
Enjoy ur food and pregancy .. Everything in moderation , take care

Yes! Frequent toilet visits sucks! I couldn't have a good night sleep cos I'll be gg to the toilet periodically. . And I didn't even drink much before bedtime!

But hubby asks me not to stop drinking water otherwise the baby will dehydrate from my frequent visits to the toilet.. seriously.. haha..

Yes! Frequent toilet visits sucks! I couldn't have a good night sleep cos I'll be gg to the toilet periodically. . And I didn't even drink much before bedtime!

But hubby asks me not to stop drinking water otherwise the baby will dehydrate from my frequent visits to the toilet.. seriously.. haha..

Agree! In the past, my bladder can hold for very long. Now I have to go so frequent and yet there is not much urine. Argh...

Hi all. My EDD is 5 Jul 16, but expecting twins so might be earlier. 1st time mum and tried conceiving for 3yrs so finally succeed with ivf. Heard from doc on all the complications so trying to maintain positive. Going for 2nd scan on Sat, hope can still hear 2 hb.
I'm still on several hormones pills/inserts hence no MS. But not much appetite and very tired that i cant concentrate at work but have no leave and few days of MC to take.

To all mummies out there, stay happy and jiayou! We really need to rest more.
Hello ky10, how's your experience with twins now? I'm having twins too and experience terrible MS. I hope I have the strength for this

@cowmoomoo, ky10. Congrats on twins! I love twins n my hubby is a twin so dun think I will have chance to conceive a twin. Anyway my hubby is 100% against having a twin.. Ha ha but im always amazed with mummy having twins. Congrats again!

Hi all, I went to NUH yesterday. My checkup was all done in less than 10-15 minutes!

Doctor started asked the regular questions if i smoked, drink, have unhealthy lifestyle etc. Then i proceeded with the scan. I saw the tiny baby and its heartbeat.
Then she advised me not to eat blue cheese and restrain from drinking coffee, tea, pepsi, coke and ice lemon tee.
She allowed me to flim the scan and gave me a picture of my baby.
She didnt go into the details of HCL level, heart beat rate of my baby like some of the mummies here.
She just asked me to continue with my daily intake of 5mg folic acid. And out i go.

My next appointment is 3 weeks later. Is it a good sign?
Can someone share the length of your baby at about 6-7weeks?

@cowmoomoo, ky10. Congrats on twins! I love twins n my hubby is a twin so dun think I will have chance to conceive a twin. Anyway my hubby is 100% against having a twin.. Ha ha but im always amazed with mummy having twins. Congrats again!
Lol , it's beyond his control if you should have a twin or not.
In life , don't be too 100% about anything .., you'd bond to be 100% disappointed many a times .
AGREED ?!?
There's always lots of give and take IN LIFE .
But then again ... He is not he first twin , who DONT LIKE to be a twin . .
I guess that's something we singletons won't understand .
DONT WORRY .. Be happy .

Take it as That's nature's way of preparing you for night feeds when the baby comes , sleeping only 2-3 hrs inbetween . Don't stress .. Just accept it . Sometimes things won't feel as bad once you accept it to be so .
Congrats & Take care

This morning visited gynae the 4th time. Am feeling better with the subsided MS. It had been a miserable 2 weeks at the beginning with the intense queasiness. Have lost weight so I'm on 7 small meals a day as adviced. Take small bites regularly since I haven't quite regain my appetite.

Agree! In the past, my bladder can hold for very long. Now I have to go so frequent and yet there is not much urine. Argh...
It different from before ., now that your little one is take up some of that tiny space you have within ... Wait till bbs gets bigger and sitting on your bladder all the time . Most new moms can't control their blander much then ...
SO !?!? IF YOU NEED TO GO... Don't be shy , if there's a Q in the toilet .. ASK TO BE LET IN FIRST .
That's what I'd do when I see a pregnant lady Q'g for the toilet .
When you need to go ... You need to go !! There's no holding back ..
Take care all

Hello ky10, how's your experience with twins now? I'm having twins too and experience terrible MS. I hope I have the strength for this
Congrats ... How wonderful to have twins !!!. Don't worry too much ..stronger MS is expected with twin .Try munching on dry biscuits and take smaller meals ... Don't wait till ur hungry to eat . Rest when ever you can and remember Your best is always Good enough . Be proud of urself . Smile and u'll feel better.
Take care

Last edited:
Hi all, I went to NUH yesterday. My checkup was all done in less than 10-15 minutes!

Doctor started asked the regular questions if i smoked, drink, have unhealthy lifestyle etc. Then i proceeded with the scan. I saw the tiny baby and its heartbeat.
Then she advised me not to eat blue cheese and restrain from drinking coffee, tea, pepsi, coke and ice lemon tee.
She didnt go into the details of HCL level, heart beat rate of my baby like some of the mummies here.
She just asked me to continue with my daily intake of 5mg folic acid. And out i go.

My visit at nuh took more than 2 hours at clinic G ... :(

Which gynae are you seeing? Is it under private?

Congrats ... How wonderful to have twins !!!. Don't worry too much ..stronger MS is expected with twin .Try munching on dry biscuits and take smaller meals ... Don't wait till ur hungry to eat . Rest when ever you can and remember Your best is always Good enough . Be proud of urself . Smile and u'll feel better.
Take care
Thank you. I just throw up everything that goes into my stomach. In the end also got gastritis

My visit at nuh took more than 2 hours at clinic G ... :(

Which gynae are you seeing? Is it under private?

I am considered a private patient. Seeing Dr Chua. What did you do in your 2 hours? Did you have spotting issues beforehand?

Hi my baby is 0.86cm for 7 weeks .. How about yours ?

I am considered a private patient. Seeing Dr Chua. What did you do in your 2 hours? Did you have spotting issues beforehand?

Yours at women's clinic ?

No spotting issues as of now. 2 hours mainly queuing for my turn. Seeing sonographer and then doctor.

Hi ladies, need your advise here. Today I went for my second appt and gynae ask me which test would I like to do.. Oscar test at week 12 or panorama harmony test at week 10. Which one u all choose ?

Ya. women's clinic. Oh, i was referring to 10-15mins of consultation time. Waiting time was quite okay for me. Everything less than 45mins.

@emk Perhaps your age will help along on the decision. For me I will definitely choose the latter (more expensive than OSCAR though). If you're still early 30s, I think OSCAR is still alright.

Less than 0.7 for 6 week+
OMG! Mind if i ask if about your height / spouse height? Worried that my baby is below ave :(
My height is 161 cm and my husband is174cm .. I'm not sure the baby length got to do with parents height or not coz this is my #1. Maybe U can check with your gynae.

@emk I didn't do any for my first pregnancy. Thinking if I should do either one this time round at age 31. But I heard oscar gives fake results Most of the time. Hmmz. Let's wait for other mummies' advices.

My height is 161 cm and my husband is174cm .. I'm not sure the baby length got to do with parents height or not coz this is my #1. Maybe U can check with your gynae.

Maybe second appointment. I remembered asking but i dont remember what was her response. Should be okay since she never highlight anything to my attention.
++++++ Positive thinking +++++++

@love_myself yea lets wait for other mummies to advise. I'm 32 and this my #1 and I got conceive by iui. I did Google and some ladies said their Oscar result not good and doctor advise them to do harmony test. But my sister told me Oscar is good enough.. So very confuse now.

My gynae said based on his experience, continuing the hormones (prognova, duphaston and utrogestron) will minimise having MS. Hence, I only have lesser appetite. We cannot walk too much. There was one day pack with activities and I didnt eat well, so had spotting the next day.

Let's endure. Glad to have companion. The gynae said my checkpoint is till mid May then can be safe for the babies.

Thanks verluv! We were shocked to have twins. There are pros and cons. Con is everything (expenses etc) times two and moreover, being 1st-time mommy, cannot imagine yet how we can handle in future.

Since your hub is a twin, there is still chance in future for you! When nature calls for it, I'm sure your hubby will accept it.

@emk me in my 9w , edd should be the very end of June else early july.. next appointment will only be in mid dec which is the oscar, need to wait so long then can see bb , don't know how to countdown my days hahaha

Less than 0.7 for 6 week+
OMG! Mind if i ask if about your height / spouse height? Worried that my baby is below ave :(

0.7 at 6 weeks plus sounds normal. Don't worry too much KWL. Most importantly is that baby is growing healthy.

Reactions: KWL

Back