(2014) ivf mummies support group

Joy, PD gave Dimenate for vomit, Smecta for diarrhoea. But now baby is not blur blur type already. When she was sick at 7.5 months old, when we fed her medicine with the syringe, she was pretty fine with it. Whatever we gave, she just drank it. Now no! She will struggle and struggle!

Dimenate is still not so bad because it's just 2.5 ml each time. But Smecta is in a sachet and half a sachet each time mix with 25 ml of water for her to drink. I use spoon and she will push her tongue out forcefully and refuse to drink. I use syringe, yes better luck but it takes forever. Still she struggles like mad. I can't even make her finish the entire 25 ml of Smecta mixture. Like that how to cure her diarrhoea?

PD said only give root vegetables and apples and bananas for the time being. But then where got so many root vegetables to rotate around for her to eat? Sweet potatoes and carrots are high in beta carotene also cannot give at each meal. Parsnips okay. What else? Is potato considered root vegetables? But I read broccoli and potatoes actually will cause gas in the stomach. Since now she has an upset stomach, I also don't know if I should give.

no confierous veg, gassy.... jus eat sweet potato mostly first?
jus a suggestion-if stomach not well can consider take only 1 type of food example milk or sweet potato only for the moment? can isolate the cause of the upset tummy.. when she recover then add back the solids one by one...

use bigger syringe 2feed è 25ml.. keep talkin 2her when feeding... sayang sayang...

i know.. at 11m plus, feedin only milk may not be suff, but i do feel it's the easiest in è sore tummy.. hope the tummy recovers fast!!

Faith, my girl also the same pattern when eating medicine. No longer blurr blurr just drink. Now know what it is and move away. Very hard to get her to drink.

My girls are mainly still on bm cause they don't fancy solids. There can be days when I don't feed solids at all. Their solids intake is really pathetic.
When comes to medicine my girls also will struggle like mad. Spit out somemore. Vomit quite serious. Hope she get well soon.

Hi Ladies...

I missed out so many posts!!!

Anyone knows where to buy jujube tokidoki kings court be right back backpack? I can't find it anywhere.

My girl diarrhoea 19 times on Saturday. Whatever she eats, she will just poo out. I wash her butt wash until red. After each diaper change, she will diarrhoea immediately. She loses weight some more. Brought her to KKH, doctor checked and said borderline dehydration.

Keep giving water faith. My girls had diahorrea last two weeks. Keep pooing till butt red and painful. Apply desitin cream it works for mine. Keep applying. Best to avoid banana now I heard. Give lots of bread and rice. I know banana hardens poo for babies but still if watery poo best to avoid. One of my girl also lose weight tremendously. Super heart pain. Oh ya give yogurt. It's ok to give yogurt even when diahorrea cause it contains prebotics.

Mschar! Forget about diso brb in kc print. If u can find be prepared to spend above $400 for that lol. I once in search of that but no luck.

Faith, let her drink more water. She took rota virus jab already?

Aiyo... I like the bag lei.. so really can forget about it

yes can forget about that. I also love that bag but its madness the price if u ever see people selling.

my girls also have rota virus jab before but still kana diahorrea. ist a viral infection.

Faith, speedy recovery to your girl. Sorry to hear abt it. Sorry to ask is it food poisoning tt ur girl gg through? Or food allergies due to cod or salmon?

I asked my mum abt cod n she told me there were reported cases abt fake cod fish before.. those made of wax n it caused diarrhoea.

Yes yogurt is good to prevent vomiting n diarrhoea. It has probiotics as iwahb mentioned

Last edited:
The cod and salmon were bought by my mum who went to wet market and bought from her usual fishmonger. So I don't think it's fake cod coz mum should be more experienced than me to differentiate bah.

I suspect maybe her stomach cannot take oily stuff because cod is quite an oily fish. When I cook threadfin for her, she was fine with it.

My girl had her rotavirus.
Before I cook, I always wash the cutting board, knife, peeler, the pot, Avent steamer and blender with TollyJoy anti bacterial detergent.

Faith, maybe skip oily food first. Hope your girl is better now.
Haha talking about jjb kings court be right back and minibe no more chance. If others model still can find.
My girl recently also on off on food and milk strike. Think she is teething as she is very angry bitting things.

My girl diarrhoea 19 times on Saturday. Whatever she eats, she will just poo out. I wash her butt wash until red. After each diaper change, she will diarrhoea immediately. She loses weight some more. Brought her to KKH, doctor checked and said borderline dehydration.

Buy the pink colour drink in tube form n give ur gal drink. Must replenish water, that type is meant for replenish water. Is similar to our adult drink 100plus. My boy had diarrhoea twice. 1st time is diarrhoea 2nd time is stomach flu which kana frm my hub n was admitted to mount avernia due to his high fever n loss of appetite.

My girl had her rotavirus.
Before I cook, I always wash the cutting board, knife, peeler, the pot, Avent steamer and blender with TollyJoy anti bacterial detergent.
Try go full BM. That's what I did. Put the smecta powder in her sippy cup. I didn't make her drink all in one shot. Let her drink bits by bits. Just share what I did with my girl.

Joy, still diarrhoea. She poos whatever she eats. She slims down a lot. When I carry her in my arms, I can feel her bones. No fats in her body. I'm very sad. I can only keep feeding her but her body is not absorbing the nutrients.

Joy, still diarrhoea. She poos whatever she eats. She slims down a lot. When I carry her in my arms, I can feel her bones. No fats in her body. I'm very sad. I can only keep feeding her but her body is not absorbing the nutrients.

It takes Abt a week to recover I think. If ur gal no appetite try to cook the pork essence n let her drink. At least the pork essence can provide energy. Or give rice water or porridge water. Hope it helps. Speedy recovery to ur gal

Snow, thank you! I read online to give her these.
ImageUploadedByForum1446010136.976211.jpg

I just fed her porridge with puréed potatoes. She could finish 1 full bowl, which is her usual appetite size.
ImageUploadedByForum1446010292.476747.jpg

Then halfway through again, she pooed. But this time she pooed her last night's dinner.

So I take it this is an improvement? At least not poo immediately what she eats?

Snow, thank you! I read online to give her these. View attachment 586565

I just fed her porridge with puréed potatoes. She could finish 1 full bowl, which is her usual appetite size. View attachment 586566

Then halfway through again, she pooed. But this time she pooed her last night's dinner.

So I take it this is an improvement? At least not poo immediately what she eats?

Can try banana yoghurt n apple yoghurt it helps to slow down the diarrhoea. I feed my boy yoghurt when he has diarrhoea n it helps to slow down

How's your LO's first birthday celebration?

My girl has diarrhoea for 1 week plus. Today she has fever. Hope she will recover soon for her birthday celebration.

Haha the celebration was rush. Take care of lo with celebration is super busy ma chiam like wedding dinner. . Entertain then busy busy over haha. . But we did enjoy ourselves with all the friends and family members.
Faith, how your lo faster recover..
How is everyone coming up?

year end coming and lots of parties and gatherings. how life have change after our LOs born. no more late night party nor supper nor shopping after working hours with friends. everyday after work rush home to look after the babies. even gathering with friends need to bring babies along. still remember how excited I am to deco them like a xmas tree last year. so fast xmas is coming again. our LOs have grown up so fast. I am missing the babies times.

Time flies. .. now is time for another round of Christmas shopping to doll up my lo..
So everyone busy with your lo coming celebration? How is faith's lo?

Faith today is the celebration. Happy 1st birthday to your los everyone.
Btw lets talk about preschool. Will you all send your lo to a nearby like school or send all the way to a 'brand' school?

Hello mummies! We are done with the celebration! Really busy man! Glad everything went smoothly! On her actual day, we will bring her to Sentosa for another round of celebration!

I'm fine. By the way, anyone is experiencing your LO throwing tantrums like refuse to sit on high chair, refuse to lie down, refuse to play in the play yard?

Oh faith sounds like mine!!! My younger will crawl out of the high chair keep standing. When u take away their stuffs they cry cry cry. I don't know if twins cry more cause they always got a "friend" to snatch toys from each other.

Iwahb, yeah recently I noticed my girl likes to throw tantrums. As long as she doesn't like it, she will scream and cry. Don't know is it because she now knows what she likes and dislikes so she's using her crying to tell me.

on top of wat u all mention, my one will scream when tired n canot wind down 2sleep.... gettin more difficult to distract.. n my 1st bdae celebratñ comin up soon!! time flies~~

Bindimum, generally twins from IVF are fraternal because you transfer 2 embryos in. If these 2 embryos result in gestational sacs, basically you will have fraternal twins. However, sometimes IVF twins can be identical too. If there's only one gestational sac n it splits into two, you will have identical twins. That explains why some people end up with triplets even though they only transfer 2 embryos because one of them have split.

Bindimum, generally twins from IVF are fraternal because you transfer 2 embryos in. If these 2 embryos result in gestational sacs, basically you will have fraternal twins. However, sometimes IVF twins can be identical too. If there's only one gestational sac n it splits into two, you will have identical twins. That explains why some people end up with triplets even though they only transfer 2 embryos because one of them have split.

Thank you Faith :)

How is everyone. Let's go for second pregnancy again everyone. Twins mummies also can go for second pregnancy hehe.. Marche yum yum...
Oh btw who took up infant swim already? How is it?
Is everyone busy? Kitkat back to work force? I am wondering how is circle and the rest? Change phone never down apps?

Back