IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

What's DC?

Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a brief surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and a special instrument is used to scrape the uterine lining. Knowing what to expect before, during, and after a D&C may help ease your worries and make the process go more smoothly. Here's what you need to know.

Reasons for a D&C
You may need a D&C for one of several reasons. It's done to:
  • Remove tissue in the uterus during or after a miscarriage orabortion or to remove small pieces of placenta after childbirth. This helps prevent infection or heavy bleeding.
  • Diagnose or treat abnormal uterine bleeding. A D&C may help diagnose or treat growths such as fibroids, polyps, or endometriosis, hormonal imbalances, or uterine cancer. A sample of uterine tissue is viewed under a microscope to check for abnormal cells.
Source: http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/d-and-c-dilation-and-curettage

Hi hajar, Dr Tan HH put me on Letrozole in sep for 3 cycles too as I don't respond well w clomid and my uterus lining was very thin. Who knows my ovulation over responded so I stopped in the 3rd cycle that ended 23 days.. I started ivf this month and it lengthen my cycle...
Hey there...ive ended my 2nd cycle femara..suposed to continue 3rd cycle but i see no reaponse myself...thus seein dr tan in mid december and i shall opt for ivf already..dun wish to waste animore time...age is catching up and feared scarring reappears again...

Hi I aso on Letrozole for 2cycles, tis mth is first cycle n found my temper is v bad after taken, my colleagues realized tat I am v emotional which is not my usual self, I tested ovulation kit and show positive on day 13 & 14, I tink is showing effect however today is day 21 n measure preg test kit, negative so not sure whether it works, will test again in few days time
I have always been ovulating ard that day yet despite all the timed BD still doesnt stick..Today day.21 for me and no pregnant test taken bcoz i dun wish to disappoint self.gona just end the tww and see how...so i assume femara also does not work for me..shall just see him and proceed for ivf...

Hey there...ive ended my 2nd cycle femara..suposed to continue 3rd cycle but i see no reaponse myself...thus seein dr tan in mid december and i shall opt for ivf already..dun wish to waste animore time...age is catching up and feared scarring reappears again...
Yeah, clomid will make your lining thinner...but you can minimize the impact by drinking more red bean soup, high protein food like chicken breast etc

Oh ic... As its my first ivf cycle I'm not entitled to do this... I think it's Also call scrapping?
Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a brief surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and a special instrument is used to scrape the uterine lining. Knowing what to expect before, during, and after a D&C may help ease your worries and make the process go more smoothly. Here's what you need to know.

Reasons for a D&C
You may need a D&C for one of several reasons. It's done to:
  • Remove tissue in the uterus during or after a miscarriage orabortion or to remove small pieces of placenta after childbirth. This helps prevent infection or heavy bleeding.
  • Diagnose or treat abnormal uterine bleeding. A D&C may help diagnose or treat growths such as fibroids, polyps, or endometriosis, hormonal imbalances, or uterine cancer. A sample of uterine tissue is viewed under a microscope to check for abnormal cells.
Source: http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/d-and-c-dilation-and-curettage
Hahaha it's not an entitlement. Thru my 2nd cycle of ivf, I miss carried at 8wks (heartbeat stop). I waited for natural miscarriage but didn't happen and was given medication to help miscarry but also didn't happen. So finally after 2mths, Dr Tan hh said we better do D/C.

So after D/C, 4 days later I started bleeding. Not heavy, change of 1-2 pads daily only but it's been on for a wk+ so I'm worried.

Hi ladies, do u all still rem how long does the ivf briefing takes? My briefing is on 15dec morning, i need to plan my schedule for that day. Thanks!

It will take about 2.5-3hrs. If u want it to end quickly, go earlier to take blood test before the briefing. I've recorded my Counselling process in my blog. Thanks

https://wannabemum2015.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/ivf-counselling/

Thanks! Is it a must to take blood test? I had taken blood test in sep 2015 when i did my so-iui at kkivf too.

I read your blog that you took test for hiv, i taken hiv test in sep 15 too. My ivf is scheduled on jan 16 so i might be able to skip all these test i guess.

Last edited:
I took all the tests in May so the rest will be valid for 1 yr except HIV test. If ur blood test is within 6 mths including egg retrieval period, u can bring along the report and inform the nurse.

I took all the tests in May so the rest will be valid for 1 yr except HIV test. If ur blood test is within 6 mths including egg retrieval period, u can bring along the report and inform the nurse.

Hehe! All my reports are with kkivf. 15dec will know need to re-test or not. Hope no need :)

My initial blood test was done in TMC so I brought it along. Think you do not need to do blood test. ;) good luck and enjoy the journey!

Hi Ladies, guess not very common for hubby to come in but my mrs and 1 had our first transfer done today. Yes under Dr Tan as well.
Was quite an expereinced with mixed feeling as our harvest was 14 but only 13 qualify, when it comes to picking only 5 make the batch, (1st heart sunk and maybe i too high expectation) then next only 1 is qualify to make the transfer (super duper sunk!!!!, even heard dr tan was asking why), 3 remain in observe stage. wondering is it norm for 1 to make the trasnfer, though even if it is one, the sight of the embro on the tv and photo is like, hey u there , hope u will make yourself warm in your mummywomb ok is a lfe, wish i can do more to help this embro to grow. ANyway we came from IUI stage to this stage and had been trying for quite sometime already.

Any advise for my mrs, i am giving her strict order where no super acrobat housework or activity for teh time being.

Hi Ladies, guess not very common for hubby to come in but my mrs and 1 had our first transfer done today. Yes under Dr Tan as well.
Was quite an expereinced with mixed feeling as our harvest was 14 but only 13 qualify, when it comes to picking only 5 make the batch, (1st heart sunk and maybe i too high expectation) then next only 1 is qualify to make the transfer (super duper sunk!!!!, even heard dr tan was asking why), 3 remain in observe stage. wondering is it norm for 1 to make the trasnfer, though even if it is one, the sight of the embro on the tv and photo is like, hey u there , hope u will make yourself warm in your mummywomb ok is a lfe, wish i can do more to help this embro to grow. ANyway we came from IUI stage to this stage and had been trying for quite sometime already.

Any advise for my mrs, i am giving her strict order where no super acrobat housework or activity for teh time being.
Hi Hi, it's very hard to exactly know only one made the cut whereas the rest are not suitable. Are the embryos Day 2 or Day 5?

The usual, no cooling food like pineapple, bananas, barley water, watermelon etc and try to wear socks to keep her legs warm when she's sleeping at night.

Remember to insert the vaginal pills on time and consume the folic acid on a daily basis. Other than that, I don't recall any particular things to take note.

Thanks Boss Neo, is day2, i was asking why not day5 since there are 3 under observe but embrologist says as of now 1 is good thus doc tan give green light. If wait for D5 (blasto) which i hope, there is a 50/50 chance this good one may not make it and in the end 0.

Thanks for the advise will start to have her wear slipper and socks and maybe no aircon cos i sleep in very cold envrionment.

Thanks Boss Neo, is day2, i was asking why not day5 since there are 3 under observe but embrologist says as of now 1 is good thus doc tan give green light. If wait for D5 (blasto) which i hope, there is a 50/50 chance this good one may not make it and in the end 0.

Thanks for the advise will start to have her wear slipper and socks and maybe no aircon cos i sleep in very cold envrionment.
that's also true because THH always encourages blatocyst (day 5) if possible. if he says transfer a day 2, then it should be ok too.

Avoid cold drinks and whatever chinese herbs. good luck!

any recommended food for intake for my mrs during this "waiting period" i think is call tww? will Chiken essence help for alt days? She like to talek the brain looking nuts is that good or take the cashew nuts better? Hoping she can really hua at home starting today too active with house work during iui time haisss

any recommended food for intake for my mrs during this "waiting period" i think is call tww? will Chiken essence help for alt days? She like to talek the brain looking nuts is that good or take the cashew nuts better? Hoping she can really hua at home starting today too active with house work during iui time haisss

I think doing light exercise like light housechore is fine because light exercise will stimulate better blood flow. All you need is 1 gd embryo. My friend been trying for 5yrs, 2 failed so-iui, first ivf only retrieved 5 eggs & only 1 made it. Now she is 6-7mth preg already

Hi, my ET was yesterday, 1 day before ur Mrs.. & I oso transferred 1 embryo.. I hv read & heard (fr a personal fren) tt this 1 embryo might Juz b the one & BFP..

Nothing we can do now except to pick up your "sunken" heart & pray & believe that this one golden embryo ll fight on with us & succeed..

Ask ur Mrs to have a relax 2ww & Juz be a Queen.. :)

Hi, my ET was yesterday, 1 day before ur Mrs.. & I oso transferred 1 embryo.. I hv read & heard (fr a personal fren) tt this 1 embryo might Juz b the one & BFP..

Nothing we can do now except to pick up your "sunken" heart & pray & believe that this one golden embryo ll fight on with us & succeed..

Ask ur Mrs to have a relax 2ww & Juz be a Queen.. :)

Hi Queenie, your nick sounds familiar were u from the iui section too?
So we are almost cycling buddies?

Yes it was pretty down when the moment i heard Dr Tan was asking why and was pretty happy to hear about the 3 so thought maybe got chance to wait.
But i agree 50% chance is better than 0.

So how u managing? My mrs is quite good so far with little bloating. and i am trying to control my concern as well so as not to give not required pressure.
Food wish her mother is taking care but not quite sure if she should take essence of chiken anot. Hais the D18 moment i will not be in town but have told wifey dun give pressure by measuring or whatever just relax this few days and slowly pick up the pace after the which.

My case i did IVF. Scan usually see average 15 follicles. After batch only 2make it for transfer under Days2. I always make it the borderline case. With this I had delivered in 2013. For now just ask your wife. No stress n relax enjoy the 2ww.

U can request for day 3 which is more stable. Day 5 is too risky as there are not many embryos which can survive tru blasto unless u have many embryos to wait. I also had 2 embryos under observation previously and eventually both did not made it as one release fragments causing it to degrade to grade 1 and the other had 2 sets of dna and eventually stop growing.

Hi Emmie, did not know about that if yes will have asked for it.Less risky compare to D5.
May this information be useful to others as well

Hi it all depend on the quality of the eggs and doc usually wanna make sure u get embryo trf for the IVF cycle.

Dr Tan is very nice and we manage to discuss but he did not really promise me to trf on D3 until after the egg retrieval surgery and if there only 1 embryo left on day 2 they will immediately call u down for trf.

Hi Queenie, your nick sounds familiar were u from the iui section too?
So we are almost cycling buddies?

Yes it was pretty down when the moment i heard Dr Tan was asking why and was pretty happy to hear about the 3 so thought maybe got chance to wait.
But i agree 50% chance is better than 0.

So how u managing? My mrs is quite good so far with little bloating. and i am trying to control my concern as well so as not to give not required pressure.
Food wish her mother is taking care but not quite sure if she should take essence of chiken anot. Hais the D18 moment i will not be in town but have told wifey dun give pressure by measuring or whatever just relax this few days and slowly pick up the pace after the which.

Hi, WJZKEV,

Heehee.. No, I wasn't from the IUI forum. I started straight with ivf 4 years ago..

& yes, we r cycle buddies in 2ww..

I m doing ok. Abit too ok that I forgot tt I hv Juz done a ET.. Somemore, this is my fresh #3, trying for a sibling for my girl conceived via IVF 4 years ago..

Hope ur Mrs is keeping herself well entertained this long week & laughing much much too..

& u try to work hard & distract urself too, yah..

Hi, WJZKEV,

Heehee.. No, I wasn't from the IUI forum. I started straight with ivf 4 years ago..

& yes, we r cycle buddies in 2ww..

I m doing ok. Abit too ok that I forgot tt I hv Juz done a ET.. Somemore, this is my fresh #3, trying for a sibling for my girl conceived via IVF 4 years ago..

Hope ur Mrs is keeping herself well entertained this long week & laughing much much too..

& u try to work hard & distract urself too, yah..

Hahahaha maybe i been skiping between topic too often till blur liao.
Yeap am glad i am at work today at least can take my mind off that topic for a while.
Cross fingers! and best of results to both of us and the rest on 2ww too.

Hi all, long time no see! A bit of my history, one side of my fallopian tube was blocked plus with hyperthyroid which affect my ovulation and hubby's good sperm count was low, we decided to do IVF aft trying for 3 yrs. My 1st fresh embryo trf was done by Dr Jerry Chan (KKH) and was unsuccessful. Few months later, did the frozen trf under Dr Tan HH and was successful. Gave birth in Mar 2014, now my girl is 21mth old. A small tip, the night b4 the trf, since it was the most fertile period, HAVE SEX! Thats wat i did, so we don't know if it is Dr Tan's magic hand or us... Good luck!
Breastfeed my girl and menses did not come till my girl was 14 mth old. Got preggie with #2 naturally when she was 17 mth old. Totally unexpected and unplanned. Still have 2 frozen embryo in the freezer and couldn't decide what to do with them.
So, pls don't give up hope. Miracle can happen. Baby dust to all of you!

feeling a little scared now, just a few more days to bt but feeling AF like cramps and back ache.
really hoping AF doesnt come for the next 10 mths! T.T

feeling a little scared now, just a few more days to bt but feeling AF like cramps and back ache.
really hoping AF doesnt come for the next 10 mths! T.T

Hi dear, I think cramps and backache are actually positive signs so long it's not accompanied by bleeding. Continue to hang on to ur faith. Keep my fingers crossed for you. Cheers

Hi dear, I think cramps and backache are actually positive signs so long it's not accompanied by bleeding. Continue to hang on to ur faith. Keep my fingers crossed for you. Cheers
thanks dramaqueenie! im still trying to hold close to my faith and hoping i dont see red for the next 10 months. just a few more days to bt date..
i kept having the moist feeling under (sry tmid) and cant help wondering if is af.
now totally get the "hot ants in pot feeling" the ladies here are feeling!
jiayou to u also @dramaqueenie!

Do u also have the moist feeling? I keep on having cramps for few days and af is overdue

Hi Pinkiebb, Have u done BT or home pregnancy test? U can try if ur AF is overdue. I only had wet feeling when I'm using inserts. After doc prescribe oral progesterone, my CM is pretty dry.

Hi everyone. Im thinking of going for feb FET cycle. Menses usually come end of mth. Anyone know whether centre close on cny period? Thx.

Hi all, I have not posted here for a long time. Whether u are now on jabs, gg for ER or ET, in 2ww or now bfp or bfn... Can say that it is not an easy journey and few ppl will understand it.
But once u have a baby, it will be all worth it! Really!
It took me 4 tries to have my princess.
Don't give up! U will be blessed one day and I am sure u will all be wonderful mummies

Hi everyone. Im thinking of going for feb FET cycle. Menses usually come end of mth. Anyone know whether centre close on cny period? Thx.

Hi kimchi-ger, kkivf is closed during cny. Nurse told me if my af come end of jan, must postpone my fet.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have not posted here for a long time. Whether u are now on jabs, gg for ER or ET, in 2ww or now bfp or bfn... Can say that it is not an easy journey and few ppl will understand it.
But once u have a baby, it will be all worth it! Really!
It took me 4 tries to have my princess.
Don't give up! U will be blessed one day and I am sure u will all be wonderful mummies
Enjoy motherhood :)
Then plan for no. 2 earlier

Hi Melody, I just started my stim few days ago.. so far ok except feeling a lil emotional n moodswing. Today feel a bit tired. Occasionally there are mild cramps. But generally still manageable! :)

Back