Gestational Diabetes

Thanks for your reply!! I also been taking the low GI bread and brown rice. However my red date tea is the normal sweet kind and I also do eat biscuits. Wondering if I should observe like before.... The guidelines for the reading differs from during pregnancy already right?
Ya.. I also curious whether or not to continue GD diet after delivery...

Thanks for your reply!! I also been taking the low GI bread and brown rice. However my red date tea is the normal sweet kind and I also do eat biscuits. Wondering if I should observe like before.... The guidelines for the reading differs from during pregnancy already right?
Not sure about the guidelines but actually my doc said i must still watch my diet eventhough i pass after delivery coz belong to high risk gp n may develop diabetes 5~7yrs later if i don't take care

Not sure about the guidelines but actually my doc said i must still watch my diet eventhough i pass after delivery coz belong to high risk gp n may develop diabetes 5~7yrs later if i don't take care
Ya... with GD, we have increased risk of developing diabetes in later life... I must work harder to stay healthy after delivery.....

I had gestational diabetes during my second pregnancy. At the end, I gave birth by caesarian due to this. The Gynae said the same, i have become in the high risk group in developing Type II diabetes in the later stage of life ! I carried this worry. Thanks to my friend who introduced me a 100% natural product which can help to regulate the blood sugar levels and reduce the glycemic index of the food that we eat. The product is natural, no chemical, organic and it works. Now I have no more worries. If you interested to know, PM me at [email protected], I can give you more information.

I visited my Gynae last week and she said no need to do anymore ogtt since mine is impaired glucose tolerance and the reading was low. :-/

Hi all, I went for my ogtt n I passed! :) at last I can say gdbye to GDM. To all the mtb out there with GDM, presevere n you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. jiayou!

Hi mummies,
Can I check with you all? From the start of week 6 of my pregnancy, I began to feel that my taste bud change all of a sudden. I used to eat very salty food. All of a sudden, I feel all food are salty. I can't take outside food at all. If I take them, I will feel extremely thirsty, and my tongue will become very sour. Now even without any salt or soya sauce, home cooked food taste salty. The glucose test that you all take is it taken after the doc checked the sugar level test by the urine test strips. Cos I asked my gynae about my sugar level, he said OK. But how come I feel extremely thirsty after eating outside food. Any advise. Worried that its my doc negligence.

Hi mummies,
Can I check with you all? From the start of week 6 of my pregnancy, I began to feel that my taste bud change all of a sudden. I used to eat very salty food. All of a sudden, I feel all food are salty. I can't take outside food at all. If I take them, I will feel extremely thirsty, and my tongue will become very sour. Now even without any salt or soya sauce, home cooked food taste salty. The glucose test that you all take is it taken after the doc checked the sugar level test by the urine test strips. Cos I asked my gynae about my sugar level, he said OK. But how come I feel extremely thirsty after eating outside food. Any advise. Worried that its my doc negligence.

It's a blood test, not the urine test.

Hi all, I went for my ogtt n I passed! :) at last I can say gdbye to GDM. To all the mtb out there with GDM, presevere n you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. jiayou!

Do you control your diet post delivery? My doc told me no need to do OGTT and I wonder where else can I go for the test.

Hi mummies! To those who took the OGTT after delivery, did you pump prior to taking the test? I'll be taking tomorrow. I'm afraid I would be dehydrated and lose energy if I do so, since there's no water intake. On the other hand, not pumping means that I wouldn't be doing so for 12 hours which is very long! My breasts might be so engorged by then!

Hi mummies! To those who took the OGTT after delivery, did you pump prior to taking the test? I'll be taking tomorrow. I'm afraid I would be dehydrated and lose energy if I do so, since there's no water intake. On the other hand, not pumping means that I wouldn't be doing so for 12 hours which is very long! My breasts might be so engorged by then!
I pumped as per normal. Ur ogtt should be scheduled first thing in the morning? So that u wont starve too long. To me though I feel bit lethargic but it's bearable. Hope u will pass the test.

Hi, I passed the test! :)

This is my result:

Fasting 4.8.
Healthy range 3.0-6.0

Glucose 7.2
Healthy range 4.0-7.7

Is my glucose tolerance near the border range?

As long as diet is healthy and well-balanced and that you remember to eat different sorts of food everyday, don't really have to take note of what you are eating. Moderation is key!! But still remember that if you are tested for even a little bit higher than normal blood glucose level, you are not able to purchase any prenatal plans already.

Anyone selling the kit with the test strip cheap? Or any idea where do I get cheaper one

U may try to get from Guardian at Vivocity, not recommend to get 2nd hand because it is personal & the kit will need to be recalibrate after use by a person for sometime..

My 1st n 2nd pregnancy I got GD. 1st post delivery I pass my OGTT but this 2nd 1 I didn't. I was dignose with glucose intolerance. Does any1 have the same problem like me?

1st I I diet quite strict. 2nd 1 I eat moderate... no. Some high some ok...

Fatefully,
Have you try to lose weight n reduce fats level? I started my weight loss right after my confinement month. My gynae warn me i can be type 2 diabetic coz my genes not good haha..! Grandma was diabetic patient and passed on already, my family all high cholesterol ppl ☺️
I can not accept myself to take diabetic pills till die and suffering all diabetic symptoms... So better do something before things get worse

I went to see doc n he say mine is diabetes... nt gulcose intolerance and he suggest me to redo the test again. Cos before fasting my lvl is normal.. after 2hr drink the no. Shot up...n I am nt obese or over wgt... he say my case is inherit... 2x preggie I hv GD... he say it in my genes. I don't kw wa to do... If I retake n the result the same...how....

I went to see doc n he say mine is diabetes... nt gulcose intolerance and he suggest me to redo the test again. Cos before fasting my lvl is normal.. after 2hr drink the no. Shot up...n I am nt obese or over wgt... he say my case is inherit... 2x preggie I hv GD... he say it in my genes. I don't kw wa to do... If I retake n the result the same...how....
metformin may be an option. u may not need insulin if the glucose levels can be well controlled with medication and lifestyle modification. what was ur 2 hr reading?

I am worried too that after delivery become diabetic.

metformin may be an option. u may not need insulin if the glucose levels can be well controlled with medication and lifestyle modification. what was ur 2 hr reading?

After 2 hr it was 12mmol. But to be exact I did the test before 3mth... my bb nt even 3mth yet when I do the test... but wa sadden me is I am still young I dnt wa to be label as diabetic for the rest of my life... and since it in genes.. there nothing I can do... my doc ask me do at 4th month to prove and hope I am nt...

After 2 hr it was 12mmol. But to be exact I did the test before 3mth... my bb nt even 3mth yet when I do the test... but wa sadden me is I am still young I dnt wa to be label as diabetic for the rest of my life... and since it in genes.. there nothing I can do... my doc ask me do at 4th month to prove and hope I am nt...
I have been told of cases where old folks with wonderfully controlled diabetes. so good that their blood sugar levels are almost the same as normal peeps. with proper diet and lifestyle changes, u can lead a normal life like anyone else. :)

I have been told of cases where old folks with wonderfully controlled diabetes. so good that their blood sugar levels are almost the same as normal peeps. with proper diet and lifestyle changes, u can lead a normal life like anyone else. :)

It funny tha I am nt a sweet tooth person n I seldom snack.... I love eating salads too... but I lack of exercise...I am nt a person who like to exercise.

It funny tha I am nt a sweet tooth person n I seldom snack.... I love eating salads too... but I lack of exercise...I am nt a person who like to exercise.

Faithfully,
Sad to hear your case, i can understand your feeling when doctor declare the result, like being sentence.
Dietary control is inevitable, each meal eat smaller portion n less sodium less oil...
There's a new type of supplements called Ageloc Yspan, it is addressing the genetic expression, recently heard some people who are slim but high blood sugar conditions get improved after taking Yspan for few months. Nevertheless, its a natural supplements that results are varies with different people ya. Not to promote anything but just share information

Last edited:
Faithfully,
Sad to hear your case, i can understand your feeling when doctor declare the result, like being sentence.
Dietary control is inevitable, each meal eat smaller portion n less sodium less oil...
There's a new type of supplements called Ageloc Yspan, it is addressing the genetic expression, recently heard some people who are slim but high blood sugar conditions get improved after taking Yspan for few months. Nevertheless, its a natural supplements that results are varies with different people ya. Not to promote anything but just share information

Ageloc y span is a supplement for anti ageing... nothing to do with diabetic leh... and where to get it.

i Had mild GDM too. I sometimes drink glucerna and have salad with balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette as dressing. glucerna is meant for diabetics btw. For dinner I have rice but I don't eat much rice to begin with so that's fine. couple that with meat and veg and that is usually ok. For brekkie it's multi grain bread ans milk

glucerna is very expensive. last time i used to buy from ntuc, which i always thought shld be the cheapest since ntuc is social entrepreise mah...
in the end, i found cheaper online to buy here - Glucerna singapore

Im diagnosed with GD with super high readings that first reading 12, second reading 13. I have to be induced by week 38. I was told by others that baby might b admitted to nicu due to i have GD. During my check up at week 32 shows baby has a big abdomen. Im very worried now.

Back