Anyone suffering from PUPPP??

belwoon

I am currently 18weeks pregnant. Recently, I had an outbreak of papular vesicular rashes over my tummy. My gyn has started me on steriod cream for a week. The rashes on my tummy got better, but it has spread to my thighs, breast, arms..

Anyone have same condition?? any solutions??

Hi Belinda

Poor u! I got PUPPP just after I gave birth last year. Horrible itchy things! I did thought its because that I took epidural, but apparently after a visit to my gynae, he said the only treatment is steroid cream.

My whole body was covered in puppp except for the face, neck, breast and abdomen. Other parts are not spared.

Try to bear with it. It does go away. For me, it took 1mth+. Don't worry. All the markings did go away. Try not to scratch it too much coz yr skin will have marks.

;)

Oh, besides using the steroid cream, I also use medicated powder. Those cool ones. The one that I used is frm Medicine Hall. Can't remember the brand, but the logo have 2 snakes with an arrow. After bathing, I will put the powder.. Super shiok and lessen the heatiness of the rashes.

i think the cooling powder is St. Lukes Power. some call it the SNAKE POWDER coz the photo at the powder bottle is a snake.. yes that one is cooling abit of methol ..

Thanks ladies.. I heard about the snake powder too but my mum and aunties say it not too good for pregnant leh..my gyn also advises to use milder cleanser and powder... sigh

Hi MTB... i gave birth to a pair of twin this year Aug. Like most mtb, i had PUPPS all over my tummy and it's very itch until i could not sleep in this night.

Was told that snake powder is not gd but again when it's so itchy, i couldn't think so much. I just put whatever i can find. Lotion, stretchmarks cream, snake powder but all no use. So end up my GP prescibe me with AI lotion. You can get it from Watson or Guardian.

Once i gave birth, the dots are cleared almost immediately.

Thanks ladies..

after all the research, I found a way to curb with PUPPPS. I switched to using cetaphil lotion twice daily thick layer rub in, also use sarna lotion sparingly when the itch comes really bad. Both products available in pharmacy are approved by my gyn. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

In addition, i also drink alot of water..afterwhich the rashes tamed down alot..

hope this info will help anyone with the same fate as me.

Dear mummies,

I am from Feb 2011 thread & just gave birth to a baby boy on 3rd Feb.

I had PUPPP (very itchy rashes caused by hormones, usually due to baby boys) and it got very serious from week 35 onwards.

I ordered this soap from USA to control the rashes & it worked very very well! Just once or twice usage & my rashes tamed down!

I also went to my gynae before but only gotten topical steriod cream to apply of which the effects only last for a few moments.

However, i over-stocked & also my baby boy came out 2 weeks earlier!

Thus, letting go all my soap (total 7 pieces) cheap!

All brand new in box. Not available in Sg.

1 piece = $6

3 pieces = $17

7 pieces = $40

Self collection at Choa Chu Kang St 62.

Kindly PM me if keen!

PRODUCT DETAILS:

Grandpa's, Wonder Pine Tar Soap, 4.25 oz (120 g)

Expiration Date: February 2013

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5129115.jpg]

Description

130th Anniversary

Since 1878

Lathers White

130 years ago a family recipe was developed that began a tradition: Grandpa's Original Pine Tar Soap.

This soap retains the heritage of the original recipe using only the finest Pine Tar Oil (Pinus palustris) in its formulation. Known as the "Wonder" soap, it has withstood the test of time and continues to gain popularity today. 100% Biodegradable.

Grandpa is confident that you will enjoy his soap as generations have since 1878. Times have changed, but our commitment to bring you the highest quality personal care products remains.

Wonder Pine Tar Soap Since 1878...is one of the world's great soaps!

Many loyal users have been telling us for generations how "wonder" ful it cleans, moisturizes and deodorizes. They have described it as being helpful in removing the scales of Psoriasis, Dandruff, Eczema and other skin irritations.

Suggested Use

Excellent for bathing, showering, shaving and shampooing.

Supplement Facts

There are no added colors or fragrances to mask the rich brown color and distinctive scent of natural Pine Tar Oil.

I had PUPPP when I was expecting my 1st baby. Started at ard 6 months and went away at around 8 mths. What I did was to stop applying stretch mark cream (i think it worsen the rash) and slather lots and lots of aloe vera gel. Felt super good cuz so cooling and non-sticky. Skin got gradually better until it just cleared up. Didn't get any stretch mark also. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Now, I'm 36 weeks with #2. No PUPPP (a relief, also for those who worry next preg might get again) I tried stretch mark cream but felt little itchy red bumps coming up so I stopped after 2 days. As before, I just use aloe vera gel even though no PUPPP this time. But I am seeing some stretch marks this round, right at the peak of tummy. Many mummies I know also started to get stretch marks from #2 onwards regardless of whether using stretch mark cream or not, so well...

hi mummies, just to share, posted in may 2011. now bb is turning 36wks, due soon.. in aug i strke w PUPPP again thou most say 2nd timer shld not kena.

when i realise the stretch mks on tummy getting more n more itchy w goose pimple likes dots pooping i kw 'thats' it!

as memntally prepapred, this time i quicky see TCM, 1st wk all e rashes wld pop, end of 2nd wk then start to subside and by end of 3 wk clear liao.

for external use, this time i din use any prescritipon from gynea cos dun find it useful. i use pdt suitabe for excema skin: phyisogel and QV cleaner and/or mositurerise.

when i go for my prenatal massage upon rashes almost recovering, i also bring along my QV cream for her to use. frankly, e skin is very dry and suck up e mostiuriser. but i still feel worth while cos e skin is now back to norm condition except stretch mk st on tummy.

now i st use e QV and physiogel to clean ard tummy area and mositurer just to reduce down e impact of rashes.

hope u can benefit from this sharing cos i kw how diff it can be esp the 1st week where rashes pops everywhere. i also pre-empt my collegues who din see me during #1 time that i hv kena rashes and how it looks like. so they were menttaly prepared else later think some skin problem [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, just to leave some info here and hope it might help.

My wife got this PEP 6days after her delivery. The rashers started from her tummy and had spread all over her body after 2weeks. During this 2weeks we had seen 4 doctors and time had wasted for medicine that didn't help to contain the spreading. We were then refer to specializes :

Tham Siew Nee clinic

#07-08 gleneagles medical centre

Tel : 64766821

After my wife have the medicine from Dr Tham, the rashers shown sign of subsiding after 2days.

Hope this info help.

bengchoo, is ur wife breastfeeding ur bb? D medicine is safe to take while breastfeeding? Any side effects of d drug?

I bought 2 bottles of Kopec pregnancy rash lotion but after using the first bottle my itchy red rash cleared.

I am selling my other bottle for SGD49

Pls PM me if interested

hi mommies,

I totally feel what you mothers or mothers to be are going thru..

I too had PUPPP on my last trimester when I had my first child back in Melbourne back in 2006. My OBGYN prescribed me light steroid creams which did nothing.

A good friend and colleague who recommended me this natural soap which miraculously helped stop those nasty rashes instantaneously..nothing like those expensive creams and stuff that you get stuck with if it doesnt work..

I have never stopped using these soaps since then.So If you mothers would like to give it a try, since nothing else can help really! pls pm me.

All the best!

Jacquie

I had pupp during the last 2 mths of my pregnancy. No medication works just keep using pintetarsol body wash m apply a lot of qv cream and baby oil helps. Stay in cool places. My rashes n itch only went away 1 day after giving birth.

Hi all,

I was using St. Lukes Power. (SNAKE POWDER) after trying different of method. I think this works well for me. Now when i look back, that's the most horrible period for me throughout the pregnancy (I don't have MS).

I am going to order the Pine Tar Soap online. It costs USD3.90 before adding shipping.

Please PM me if you are interested before 10PM tonight

hi

i am going to order the Pine Tar Soap online in the next couple of days

It costs USD3.90 before adding shipping.

Items should reach in a week upon purchase and ready for collection.

PM me if interested

Selling Grandpa's wonder pine tar soap

Please sms 97277142

Thank you

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 285

Back