IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

So I guess Dr Chew is taking the chance. As the one with the bigger follicle is on you blocked tube. Maybe the tube is not fully blocked. I guess that you have to ask Dr Chew to what extend the tube is blocked. Cos if Dr Lim, he would not suggest me to proceed. That time, my follicle only 12-13mm, he dont proceed. He would only proceed once my follicle 18mm and above.

Lets hope on Saturday, your follicle will grow big2. Good luck dear. I am already at my 10dpiui. Just a few more days to know whether positive or negative.

Thanks AnnBby. Dont worry, it will be positive for u this time.

Can i also check with you, after all the medication and injections, do you cramp slightly during ovulation? Now that im near ovulating, im getting this uncomfortable cramps and always feel tired that i just wana crash on bed. Do you get that too...

Thanks AnnBby. Dont worry, it will be positive for u this time.

Can i also check with you, after all the medication and injections, do you cramp slightly during ovulation? Now that im near ovulating, im getting this uncomfortable cramps and always feel tired that i just wana crash on bed. Do you get that too...

Thanks. Since this is my 3rd try, I just hope for the best.

With regards to the cramp, I do experience it when I ovulate. You might also have cramp after IUI for about a day or two. Be prepared for that. Because the sperm is mix with a solution. So the solution is the one that causes the cramp after insertion into your cervix.

And make sure to be in really full bladder during the iui. It will ease the insertion. :) I wasnt during last iui and I bleed. When I was in full bladder, the other 2 , I have no bleeding. And relax when they are doing the procedure. It is quite similar to HSG but less painful.

About getting tired easily, I experience that too. I am on Crinone inserts too. It just makes me more tired. Worst , when I am having giddiness and nausea. Tried my best to bear with it.

I think so far thats all I input to you. Hopefully these info will be of help to you.

For ur IUI did ur husband follow? I notice in Nuh ters always 2 student doctors n I always hve to tell d nurse I don't want them in room. No privacy. I'm in IUI now at Nuh for my round. Good luck to me

For ur IUI did ur husband follow? I notice in Nuh ters always 2 student doctors n I always hve to tell d nurse I don't want them in room. No privacy. I'm in IUI now at Nuh for my round. Good luck to me

hope yours went well! My husband didn't since it's such a short procedure...yeah, i had someone learning when my iui was done..haha

Hi everyone sharing my big disappointment with NUH here. Brief history my left dominant tube is blocked and during last scan doc said my right side has 10mm follicle n prepared me for IUI.
I Went IUI yesterday but before tat doc scanned for my follicles n said I ovulated aldy good can do IUI but guess wat at d point of inserting tube I asked doc wats d size of my right follicle and he said no no my left has ovulated so good to. I immediately stopped him n reminded him tat left tube is blocked. Both doc n nurse wer shocked for 5 mins n keep referring to my file. Then doc realized d mistake.

But anyways he did carry out the IUI and said hopefully it Wil go through. All my hopes crashed and was so furious with both doc n nurse even gave a piece of my mind as I was at top of my furious level.

Now my next cycle doc said we cld go for IVF.

Hi everyone sharing my big disappointment with NUH here. Brief history my left dominant tube is blocked and during last scan doc said my right side has 10mm follicle n prepared me for IUI.
I Went IUI yesterday but before tat doc scanned for my follicles n said I ovulated aldy good can do IUI but guess wat at d point of inserting tube I asked doc wats d size of my right follicle and he said no no my left has ovulated so good to. I immediately stopped him n reminded him tat left tube is blocked. Both doc n nurse wer shocked for 5 mins n keep referring to my file. Then doc realized d mistake.

But anyways he did carry out the IUI and said hopefully it Wil go through. All my hopes crashed and was so furious with both doc n nurse even gave a piece of my mind as I was at top of my furious level.

Now my next cycle doc said we cld go for IVF.

Hi Wanababy, can check what is the doc name? Maybe can private pm me? Thanks

@Wanbaby usually they will expect your follicles to be ideally 18 to 21mm for ovulation before you can do IUI. 10mm is really too small. Your follicle wouldn't be able to burst for fertilization. That is strange of nuh to have such procedure.

Can't wait to start this cycle with IUI but my AF is weird. I should be 16dpo today, tested positive OPK but not much shift in my BBT so not very sure if I ovulated. Started spotting and cramps since Sat so thought AF is otw but till now still spotting. I've been waiting and reluctant to POAS as AF is very mischievous, always turns up right after I tested. o_O Could it be I didn't ovulate this cycle at all and thus no AF?

@babyloveyou what opk did you use? the cheapos or the clearblue one? Frankly, bbt can be indicative but the best way to know if you have ovulated is to do vaginal scan. It could just be a delay in AF. For me, I was supposed to do my iui this cycle much earlier but ended up my AF came much later this cycle and my scan is this Wednesday which is cd9 for me. How long is your longest cycle? You can use that as a gauge.

Can't wait to start this cycle with IUI but my AF is weird. I should be 16dpo today, tested positive OPK but not much shift in my BBT so not very sure if I ovulated. Started spotting and cramps since Sat so thought AF is otw but till now still spotting. I've been waiting and reluctant to POAS as AF is very mischievous, always turns up right after I tested. o_O Could it be I didn't ovulate this cycle at all and thus no AF?

@babyloveyou what opk did you use? the cheapos or the clearblue one? Frankly, bbt can be indicative but the best way to know if you have ovulated is to do vaginal scan. It could just be a delay in AF. For me, I was supposed to do my iui this cycle much earlier but ended up my AF came much later this cycle and my scan is this Wednesday which is cd9 for me. How long is your longest cycle? You can use that as a gauge.
I used the online cheapos, been using that for few cycles so far ok. Maybe that particular stick is faulty. My usual cycles are 28-29, today is my CD31. Having on off bad cramps now, feels like AF is going to be here any min. I think AF is just waiting for me to waste another POAS before making her appearance haha..will probably do it tonight if she's still not here by then.

@babyloveyou for the internet cheapos, you can test a few times a day to see the line go from dark to light or light to dark. Sometimes af and bfp symptoms can be so similar that you don't even know. If by tonight still nothing then maybe just POAS to be sure.

I used the online cheapos, been using that for few cycles so far ok. Maybe that particular stick is faulty. My usual cycles are 28-29, today is my CD31. Having on off bad cramps now, feels like AF is going to be here any min. I think AF is just waiting for me to waste another POAS before making her appearance haha..will probably do it tonight if she's still not here by then.

hi, @graceakaclouds, from which days you start testing with OPK? And i read online, shldnt test with the 1st urine when you woke up in the morning.
And before you test must not drink too much water for the 2 hrs before. ARe these guidelines true?

@babyloveyou for the internet cheapos, you can test a few times a day to see the line go from dark to light or light to dark. Sometimes af and bfp symptoms can be so similar that you don't even know. If by tonight still nothing then maybe just POAS to be sure.

Tested neg and flow is getting heavier. Finally can start my new cycle! Where r u now with your IUI @graceakaclouds? I will start letrozole for 5 days from tml and see doc on d7.

@AnnBby how r u doing so far?

Hi ladies, i was given duphaston to be taken twice a day after my iui on 30/09/15. Today is 14dpiui, my af is not here yet. My bbt dipped on 12dpiui so i assume my af is coming. My usual luteal phase is 12-13 days which mean yesterday or today my af will come. I had a few tiny dots of pink blood when i wiped yesterday early evening after i pee so i'm expecting af to come last night but till now there is nothing. My bbt dipped on 12dpiui but rises on 13dpiui & remained same for this morning. I'm getting my usual pre-af symptoms like leg aching but my leg ache since 6dpiui. I took hpt yesterday with 2nd morning urine but turned out negative. Just wondering will duphaston delay menses & affect bbt?

duphaston will delay menses but i dun think will affect bbt..
normally if my bbt drop (will be at least 2-3 degree), i will take pregnancy test because my bbt only drop if no pregnant. i never have bbt drop 2 degree or more n rise again after ovulation. if negative, i will stop duphaston to let my menses come faster.

I think when to start testing would usually depend on your cycle length. Let's say yours is 28 days like how it's in the textbooks, then you can probably start around cd10 cos likely your ovulation would be on cd14 thereabout. For testing of opk, it's diff from HPT where you would likely need FMU. So it means that you can test in the morning and then afternoon after lunch that kind of thing. It would be good to test about 2-4 hrs apart each time. That being said, you can test 3-4 times a day cos it will slowly rise de so when you see the line getting darker n darker it means going to ovulate soon liao. then once it's the darkest, you can BD. As for the water thingy, I tried drinking alot and less water, I don't see the difference. Other ppl might beg to differ though.

hi, @graceakaclouds, from which days you start testing with OPK? And i read online, shldnt test with the 1st urine when you woke up in the morning.
And before you test must not drink too much water for the 2 hrs before. ARe these guidelines true?

@babyloveyou for now, I'm at cd9 today. Went for scan but follicle still too small at 13mm. Tml going back for another scan. I also took letrozole from cd2 to cd7. Previously I took clomid but din work on me.

Tested neg and flow is getting heavier. Finally can start my new cycle! Where r u now with your IUI @graceakaclouds? I will start letrozole for 5 days from tml and see doc on d7.

@AnnBby how r u doing so far?

duphaston will delay menses but i dun think will affect bbt..
normally if my bbt drop (will be at least 2-3 degree), i will take pregnancy test because my bbt only drop if no pregnant. i never have bbt drop 2 degree or more n rise again after ovulation. if negative, i will stop duphaston to let my menses come faster.

Hi Pixie, my bbt usually rise on 11dpo/12dpo then drop continuously for 2days then 13dpo/14dpo i will have my af. This cycle is a bit weird.

11dpiui - 97.7f
12dpiui - 97.45f
13dpiui - 97.58f (tiny dot of pink blood at around 5.30pm but no more till now)
14dpiui - 97.58f (no sign of af as on now)

I dunno is af coming(stop e med) or continue med till i see full af. The confusing part is my bbt rise n remained. Pek che! I rather af come then suspending in the air now.

Hi Pixie, my bbt usually rise on 11dpo/12dpo then drop continuously for 2days then 13dpo/14dpo i will have my af. This cycle is a bit weird.

11dpiui - 97.7f
12dpiui - 97.45f
13dpiui - 97.58f (tiny dot of pink blood at around 5.30pm but no more till now)
14dpiui - 97.58f (no sign of af as on now)

I dunno is af coming(stop e med) or continue med till i see full af. The confusing part is my bbt rise n remained. Pek che! I rather af come then suspending in the air now.
i think decimal point is quite mild, so abit fluctuation is ok. maybe the temperature in the environment or maybe you feel sick also can affect bbt. so normally i take 2 degrees drop as my gauge that im not pregnant.

why not check with pregnancy test? i tested on 11 dpIUI, and got a very faint BFP. then next day test again also gt very faint BFP. then following day i test with clearblue to show BFP with weeks indication...

if i'm not pregnant, 11 dpIUI will show BFN straight in my face

for me, once i stop duphaston, after few days my menses will come...

i think decimal point is quite mild, so abit fluctuation is ok. maybe the temperature in the environment or maybe you feel sick also can affect bbt. so normally i take 2 degrees drop as my gauge that im not pregnant.

why not check with pregnancy test? i tested on 11 dpIUI, and got a very faint BFP. then next day test again also gt very faint BFP. then following day i test with clearblue to show BFP with weeks indication...

if i'm not pregnant, 11 dpIUI will show BFN straight in my face

for me, once i stop duphaston, after few days my menses will come...

I tested yesterday was negative but with 2nd urine (1h) after my first urine. My environment is the same, no diff and i'm not sick. But i'm feeling hot at night with air con on, normally i will hide under blanket but past few nights, i will sleep halfway and wake up to kick my blanket away. Hub woke up stunned! Haha~

Thanks, i shall wait a few more days and see how it goes. No af still mean still got glimpse of hope. Haha! Still holding on to the tiny little hope.

I tested yesterday was negative but with 2nd urine (1h) after my first urine.

Thanks, i shall wait a few more days and see how it goes. No af still mean still got glimpse of hope. Haha! Still holding on to the tiny little hope.
for pregnancy test, i dun think need first urine in the day. most of the pregnancy test is quite sensitive right now. even is end of the day, they should able to give accurate test result.

all the best to you :)

for pregnancy test, i dun think need first urine in the day. most of the pregnancy test is quite sensitive right now. even is end of the day, they should able to give accurate test result.

all the best to you :)

Thanks! Just hoping it's a late bfp. I have a friend who is preg for 2+mth but hpt been showing negative till she went to do a blood test so i'm still holding on to the tiniest hope.

Thanks! Just hoping it's a late bfp. I have a friend who is preg for 2+mth but hpt been showing negative till she went to do a blood test so i'm still holding on to the tiniest hope.
ya it is possible. the most accurate still is blood test...
did your gynac ask u to do blood test after IUI?

@babyloveyou for now, I'm at cd9 today. Went for scan but follicle still too small at 13mm. Tml going back for another scan. I also took letrozole from cd2 to cd7. Previously I took clomid but din work on me.
Are you taking stim jabs? If you are, your follicles will probably be ready in a few days. For my last IUI, my biggest follicles were at only 10mm on CD8 but on CD12 they grew to 20 & 21mm.

I'm seeing doc on Mon for my CD7 scan and probably will be given stim jabs again. Seems like most ladies here are given progesterone support after IUI, my doc didn't give for my last IUI. Maybe i should request for it this time.

Actually my this cycle very weird. Usually my BBT will drop to as low as 36.2 when AF comes but my AF came yesterday and my BBT is still at 36.67 yesterday and 36.61 this morning which is few deg above my coverline. Had bad cramps last night and have some blood clot this morning (sorry for TMI) and chemical pregnancy came to mind. But neg HPT last night. So since tested negative I will just move on to my new cycle I guess?

I tested yesterday was negative but with 2nd urine (1h) after my first urine. My environment is the same, no diff and i'm not sick. But i'm feeling hot at night with air con on, normally i will hide under blanket but past few nights, i will sleep halfway and wake up to kick my blanket away. Hub woke up stunned! Haha~

Good luck @Melody2512! Maybe its late implantation thus HCG levels still low now. Hoping the best for you :)

Thank you babyloveyou! If this time round fail, i'm moving on to ivf cause hub's post wash is not very ideal. I dun wan to waste of time, energy & money to continue iui.
Hopefully you don't have to, but if you are doing IVF next round, better to opt for ICSI as ICSI assists sperm penetration into eggs so will get more embryos.

@babyloveyou I'm with SGH and they don't do SO-IUI. I think only KKH does it apart from private hosp. On top of that, I don't respond with clomid so I am taking letrozole this time. I think it won't grow as fast on med as compared to stims. However, I tik letrozole is working for me as I can feel aches on the ovary side. Oohh, your doc didn't give you progesterone support? I thought it's SOP? Yes it would be good to take progesterone though it can make you cranky with all the effects :( This is your 2nd IUI? Mine is 1st though I've done 1-2 cycles with stims but no IUI/IVF before.

Are you taking stim jabs? If you are, your follicles will probably be ready in a few days. For my last IUI, my biggest follicles were at only 10mm on CD8 but on CD12 they grew to 20 & 21mm.

I'm seeing doc on Mon for my CD7 scan and probably will be given stim jabs again. Seems like most ladies here are given progesterone support after IUI, my doc didn't give for my last IUI. Maybe i should request for it this time.

@Melody2512 has your hb done the sperm binding test? Maybe that would be a good indicator to tell if his sperm can bind well. If yes then at least 1 issue down.

Actually my this cycle very weird. Usually my BBT will drop to as low as 36.2 when AF comes but my AF came yesterday and my BBT is still at 36.67 yesterday and 36.61 this morning which is few deg above my coverline. Had bad cramps last night and have some blood clot this morning (sorry for TMI) and chemical pregnancy came to mind. But neg HPT last night. So since tested negative I will just move on to my new cycle I guess?
Thank you babyloveyou! If this time round fail, i'm moving on to ivf cause hub's post wash is not very ideal. I dun wan to waste of time, energy & money to continue iui.

@babyloveyou Generally, on a whole, if you bfp, your bbt should go up, up and up. At least 36.7 and higher and hit 37 n above de. I take that as a gauge for bbt measurement. Though there are some people who have bbt of 36.4 and bfp, it's very rare de. Because the hormones in your body will start building up so it will increase your body temperature. Nevermind ok, new cycle new hope. Jiayou!!!

@babyloveyou I'm with SGH and they don't do SO-IUI. I think only KKH does it apart from private hosp. On top of that, I don't respond with clomid so I am taking letrozole this time. I think it won't grow as fast on med as compared to stims. However, I tik letrozole is working for me as I can feel aches on the ovary side. Oohh, your doc didn't give you progesterone support? I thought it's SOP? Yes it would be good to take progesterone though it can make you cranky with all the effects :( This is your 2nd IUI? Mine is 1st though I've done 1-2 cycles with stims but no IUI/IVF before.
Yes think so too, I will request for this round. This is considered my 3rd, 1st one without meds at all before I did IVF.

@babyloveyou Generally, on a whole, if you bfp, your bbt should go up, up and up. At least 36.7 and higher and hit 37 n above de. I take that as a gauge for bbt measurement. Though there are some people who have bbt of 36.4 and bfp, it's very rare de. Because the hormones in your body will start building up so it will increase your body temperature. Nevermind ok, new cycle new hope. Jiayou!!!
Yes let's look forward to a new cycle! :)

Back