IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

For all the scans and medication for stimulation phase, you don't need to pay any cash upfront. They will bill you later on after the entire process and usually most of the cost will be covered by the govt grant and Medisave. As for insurance, you will need to pay by cheque after the embryo transfer. How much u need to pay depends on how many eggs are transferred back to you.

All the best for your coming cycle! =)

Hi, thks babe! Now im recalling the procedures.. Are u cycling anytime soon?

My friend expecting twins also delivery under dr tan HH. Myself, my little one big head n water level low. He give me the option to induce or c sect.

Hi, yup he is. I conceived my girl from my 2nd FET in Dec 2012 and gave birth in 2013 and Dr Tan was also my gynae and i was consider under high risk because of the gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. He handled my case quite well, he didnt push for a c-sect even though most gynaes wud probably insisted for a c-sect given i was carrying a big baby. He respected my decision to give a natural birth a try, but of cuz in the final hour, i was so tired (no more strength to push a 3.96kg bby) and opted for c-section and he didnt even gave me the look like "i told u so".

Hi ladies ... Then u r so lucky under Dr Tan HH. For me I under lady doctor Dr Tan Tse Yuen..
Hope everything smoothly ..

Want to say hi to all..

First time to join this forum. I was @ KKH this morning as Today my 1st scan for my 3rd days menses. I given medicine and tomorrow i will start my 1st Jab..

Hope ur can share with me more details....

and hope everything is fine for me too.. Thank u :)

Hi. Don't worry. I'm sure you are in good hands too.

During the entire IVF cycle, we only got to c our main consultant during the OPU (or ER) and ET. The scans and consultations will be done by the sonographer and doctors in KKIVF. The duration for stimulation depends on how well ur body is responding to the medication. When ur leading follicles are abt 17 - 18mm, the doctor will get u to go for your trigger shot that night and u'll be able to go for the OPU two days later.

Embryo transfer (ET) is usually done 2/3 days after OPU or 5 days after OPU if the doctor / embryologist recommends blastocyst culture. That'll also depend on the development of the fertilised eggs. After the ET, you'll get to rest for about 2 weeks before you go back to the clinic for a blood test to c if the eggs have successfully implanted.

All the best for your cycle!

Hi ladies, i failed my so-iui and decided to head to ivf straight. Had my first appt with Dr Tan on 22oct, i had done all tests at kkh previously under subsidy patient. May i know how much does ivf cost and estimated how much cash do i need to fork out for ivf procedure? Thanks in advance!

Hi ladies, i failed my so-iui and decided to head to ivf straight. Had my first appt with Dr Tan on 22oct, i had done all tests at kkh previously under subsidy patient. May i know how much does ivf cost and estimated how much cash do i need to fork out for ivf procedure? Thanks in advance!

Just share mine for ur estimation. I think i collected the receipts and sum them up. This cost includes all the consultations and pre-checkup for sonography till last blood test.

Duration: 30/03/2013 till 05/11/2013 (7 months)

Cash: $2,922.49
Medisave: $3,176.44
Govt grant: $6,299.98

Total cost: $12,399

Hi Melody2512.. The cost is much depend on the IVF medication.. I'm on short cycle (menopur), ICSI procedure, frozen embryos and all in I paid 9.6K excluding 250++ insurance for embryo transfer (can't remember the exact amount) & few hundred for the 1st time IVF briefing & blood test..

Just share mine for ur estimation. I think i collected the receipts and sum them up. This cost includes all the consultations and pre-checkup for sonography till last blood test.

Duration: 30/03/2013 till 05/11/2013 (7 months)

Cash: $2,922.49
Medisave: $3,176.44
Govt grant: $6,299.98

Total cost: $12,399

Thanks babe! How come govt grant so much? Both hub n me are sgrean. I read somewhere that some said govt funding is $3+k. Another question, how come yours take so many months?

I had already taken HSG, blood test for ovulation etc, blood test for hiv.

Hi Melody2512.. The cost is much depend on the IVF medication.. I'm on short cycle (menopur), ICSI procedure, frozen embryos and all in I paid 9.6K excluding 250++ insurance for embryo transfer (can't remember the exact amount) & few hundred for the 1st time IVF briefing & blood test..

Hi Ginny_minnie, how come yours so exp?! $9.5k in cash?!

We r not Singaporean.. I paid 3.6K in cash and 6K (1st timer) from medisave..

Ohh.. Okok! So in total is about $9.6k-$13k for doing ivf in kkh? It doesn't matter whether i do as private patient or subsidy right? As long as in kkh, i will get govt funding right if we are sgrean?

Ohh.. Okok! So in total is about $9.6k-$13k for doing ivf in kkh? It doesn't matter whether i do as private patient or subsidy right? As long as in kkh, i will get govt funding right if we are sgrean?

As what I know, all IVF patient at KKH are private patient.. Subsidy rate only applies when u r undergoing consultation/diagnosis process - not yet transfer to IVF.. Yes, as long as u r with gov hospital & Singaporean, u r entitle for gov funding.. Funding amount is depend on 1. Both husband and wife Singaporean (more subsidy) 2. Either 1 Singaporean

Sisters is there anyway to email or contact Dr tan HH pls.

There is no way u can contact dr tan directly. U have to call the appt hotline number and ask to speak to dr tan urgently. They will convey your message and dr tan's nurse will call u back asap.

As what I know, all IVF patient at KKH are private patient.. Subsidy rate only applies when u r undergoing consultation/diagnosis process - not yet transfer to IVF.. Yes, as long as u r with gov hospital & Singaporean, u r entitle for gov funding.. Funding amount is depend on 1. Both husband and wife Singaporean (more subsidy) 2. Either 1 Singaporean

Thank you so much for your info! I almost wanna go to TMC to look fo Dr SF Loh but after reading this thread, i feel Dr Tan HH is good

Yup, the actual costs will be very much dependant on ur meds, dosage etc.

For our first fresh, I was on high dosage (375/450 Gonal-F). I was also given Saizen too. Mine was ICSI with sedation for both OPU and ET. My progesterone support is crinone gel.

After less govt co-funding and medisave 6k deduction, I still have to pay another $1.3k. This is actual IVF costs only. Not including prior consults, routine and blood tests, briefing and insurance.

Most sisters on low dosage here don't have to come out with $$ on first fresh

Sisters

May I know whether Dr THH will do the ER n ET in person for us ? Or still the duty docs do the whole precedure?

Thanks !

I m still under the stimulation, n nvr met Dr Tan since we decided to start SO-IUI. After the failure of our first IUI, we head straight to IVF.

P.S really wanna complain the waiting time for the U\S, took me over 3hrs last Thur to do my first scan :eek::eek::eek:

P.P.S Anyone knows when can we know how many eggs retrieved? When can we know how many embryos matched? KKH will inform us by telephone call or will arrange another appointment to make everything clear for us ?

Last edited:
Sisters

May I know whether Dr THH will do the ER n ET in person for us ? Or still the duty docs do the whole precedure?

Thanks !

I m still under the stimulation, n nvr met Dr Tan since we decided to start SO-IUI. After the failure of our first IUI, we head straight to IVF.

P.S really wanna complain the waiting time for the U\S, took me over 3hrs last Thur to do my first scan :eek::eek::eek:

P.P.S Anyone knows when can we know how many eggs retrieved? When can we know how many embryos matched? KKH will inform us by telephone call or will arrange another appointment to make everything clear for us ?

Hi Angela. If dr tan is yr doc in charge, then yes he will be doing yr ER and ET personally. U only get to see him on these 2 days.

Dr tan will let u know before he starts yr ER on how many eggs he will retrieve. The nurse will also inform u the confirmed numbers after u are awake from the sedation. As for embryos, on the day of yr ET, u will know. Touch wood, of anything happen then kkh will call u prior to yr ET appt.

Yup, the actual costs will be very much dependant on ur meds, dosage etc.

For our first fresh, I was on high dosage (375/450 Gonal-F). I was also given Saizen too. Mine was ICSI with sedation for both OPU and ET. My progesterone support is crinone gel.

After less govt co-funding and medisave 6k deduction, I still have to pay another $1.3k. This is actual IVF costs only. Not including prior consults, routine and blood tests, briefing and insurance.

Most sisters on low dosage here don't have to come out with $$ on first fresh

Thanks dramaqueenie! At least we have rough estimation how much to put aside. By the way, do u ladies know averagely how many jabs r needed daily b4 ER? Had puregon 50u initially then increased to 75u, can feel e liquid when i jab. Trigger shot hurts! My tummy bruise for a few days after trigger shot

Hi Angela. If dr tan is yr doc in charge, then yes he will be doing yr ER and ET personally. U only get to see him on these 2 days.

Dr tan will let u know before he starts yr ER on how many eggs he will retrieve. The nurse will also inform u the confirmed numbers after u are awake from the sedation. As for embryos, on the day of yr ET, u will know. Touch wood, of anything happen then kkh will call u prior to yr ET appt.

Thanks Hearty for the details. Hope everything goes well n smooth~~~~

Thanks dramaqueenie! At least we have rough estimation how much to put aside. By the way, do u ladies know averagely how many jabs r needed daily b4 ER? Had puregon 50u initially then increased to 75u, can feel e liquid when i jab. Trigger shot hurts! My tummy bruise for a few days after trigger shot

Think it depends on, diff ppl got diff IU,. For me ,when I did my SO_IUI, gonalF 50IU each day, when i m doing IVF now, 200Iu each day

Hi sisters, may i check normally how many types of progesterone supports does dr tan prescibed after ET? Is it only the gel inserts?

Thank you so much for your info! I almost wanna go to TMC to look fo Dr SF Loh but after reading this thread, i feel Dr Tan HH is good
I was with both Sf Loh n THH. Both are men with few words but Dr THH had a gentler touch which is why preferred him more. Many patients said SF loh has lucky fingers but I din really had the luck with him.

Thanks babe! How come govt grant so much? Both hub n me are sgrean. I read somewhere that some said govt funding is $3+k. Another question, how come yours take so many months?

I had already taken HSG, blood test for ovulation etc, blood test for hiv.

I dont recall why my govt grant that much... haha... but everyone case unique. For me, doc wanted us to try natural 3mths after first consultation. Then my dh is a special case and had to go thru op to retrieve sperms. Managed to get them freezed for 2 rounds of ivf. In between mths need to wait for appts and review. Thats why took so long.

Taken when I did my cycle in Jul 2015, for your ref.
ImageUploadedByForum1444694468.075633.jpg

I m in my first antagonist cycle with Dr THH. Anyone knows what's antagonist?
Hi Angela, it means with this protocol, you will be given fertility drugs that will prevent you from ovulating prematurely during the stimulation phase of IVF. When you are ready to begin your IVF cycle, you will contact KKH to notify them of the first day your period begins (full flow rather than spotting).

I started my stimulation today. Next review next wk. Anyone know when Dr Tan HH going away and for how long. Thanks in advance

Ic, remember to whack egg whites too to get the desired protein your eggs need!
I hope so too :)
Hi ladies.

Today I doing 2nd scan @ KKH. They said my folic only half size . Bigger is 13,9..

Going to 2nd week injection. Any idea how and what can eat to make the folic grow bigger ?

TIA

May i know you ladies start egg white on 1st day of ur jab till ER? After ER, do u all continue eating egg white? Btw should it be hard boiled egg or soft boil?

Melody2512

I started 1egg per day when I started my jab. Then slowly I up my intakes. Protein help our eggs grow too. If too much egg will kena OHSS then u have to up even more after the ER

eat more eggs[/QUOTE

Meaning once i start my injection, start off with 1-2 egg whites daily then slowly increase? Eat till BFP? Soft boiled egg or hard boiled egg? I scare too much egg, will have too high protein. Last body check up, dr says my protein a bit too high.

Umm, then in that case, you better check with the doc...

Eat until Embryo Transfer (ET) provided you are not at the risk of OHSS.

Soft and hard boiled eggs are fine, but it's better to have hard boiled eggs after ET.

Umm, then in that case, you better check with the doc...

Eat until Embryo Transfer (ET) provided you are not at the risk of OHSS.

Soft and hard boiled eggs are fine, but it's better to have hard boiled eggs after ET.

Sorry, i read till a bit blur. Pardon me! So i eat egg till ET? After ET still must eat?

Back