(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

The cot has been beside us since birth cos our bto not ready yet. But keep up and down the bed very shag leh. Cos if drag her feed,she wake up every half hour to cry.
The cot is not "joined" onto ur bed kind? Mine is cos my cot one side of the railings can be pushed down so it can be joint to my bed. And the height of both the cot's mattress and mine just nice same height..

The cot has been beside us since birth cos our bto not ready yet. But keep up and down the bed very shag leh. Cos if drag her feed,she wake up every half hour to cry.

Yes I agreed that very tiring when baby sleep in cot and we need to up and down to carry her. So i just put baby to co sleep with me.

My baby slept in the cot only during the first and third month only. 2nd month she had a growth spurt and only wanted to sleep only my chest, cant even put her down. She has been co sleeping with us since 4th month. Even tho she kinda sleep through the night, she still moves to look for my nipple herself. If she sleep in her cot, it's tiring for me. So now she sleeps in the middle of the bed, in between me and husband. She self service for her feeds at night without waking me up. Hahhaha...

Lol..@ nazriah... so cute. My LO co. Sleep with me since day 1 and still need me to offer him my nipple. Now he's sleeping in between, dunno when he can sleep on his own.

I'm trying to train her to sleep through by not giving her milk. She will wake up to cry but pacifier and patting can make her fall back asleep. But soon after she will wake up and cry again. So I put her co sleep (which I don't like) with us till morning when she cry at about 3am. Cos patting and giving pacifier is easier than keep going to her cot. Almost 2weeks and seems no sign of sleeping through.
Not worry bb hungry? I worry he hungry. think they would be hungry so thats why cry during the night? Stomach growling during zzzz is already unbearable for adult..how would a little bb able to not drink during zzzz? If I dun make milk, he will be upset and I won't be able to sleep.. lagi worse.

How to make another baby if u kick ur hub away :p
Hahaha....let him think himself how lor....
My baby slept in the cot only during the first and third month only. 2nd month she had a growth spurt and only wanted to sleep only my chest, cant even put her down. She has been co sleeping with us since 4th month. Even tho she kinda sleep through the night, she still moves to look for my nipple herself. If she sleep in her cot, it's tiring for me. So now she sleeps in the middle of the bed, in between me and husband. She self service for her feeds at night without waking me up. Hahhaha...
how she self service at nights? U sleep with breast uncovered?

For me it is the other way around. I offered my breast to his mouth then he will auto suck without waking him up. Lols.... Coz at night breast so full n I lazy to wake up to pump. So just let LO do the job then i continue sleep.

Wah ur bb so power can self service herself? My bb will keep moving her head left right, if nothing, she starts making noise until i wake up.

Ytd she slept 9.30pm, and woke up at 3.30am only. The only day she can sleep thru 6hrs straight. Usually wakes up in between ard 12.30am.

How long ur bb will suck until fall asleep usually? My bb seems to take ard 10mins or so each time. Sometimes less than 5mins let go my nipple already.

I sleep with singlet and sometimes or rather most of the times baby sleep while having her last feed of the day. And by then also I'll be sleeping together. So normally the breast will be just out. And middle of the night, she might just suckle for 5mins or so. Sometimes she can have it for a whole hour too.

She control her head and look for the nipple herself. When I think she had enough but she's not, she will be raising her head and try to get back the nipple.

My baby is also sleeping between us and I don't like it too but no choice... put him on his cot and he starts crying!

Btw anyone has good reliable and affordable play mat to intro? Or where can get cheaper parklon? Parklon is the best?

My baby hasn't poo for exactly a week today. He's 5.5 month old. I've started introducing solid since 2 weeks ago. The last week we gave him his usual sweet potato/ pumpkin/ carrot / potato / apple and included hipp organic oat and rice porridge with pumpkin or carrot... Other than that he's still on bm and 1 feed of fm at night.

Feeling so worried cos I feel that he's always trying to force it out but nothing comes out...

My baby is also sleeping between us and I don't like it too but no choice... put him on his cot and he starts crying!

Btw anyone has good reliable and affordable play mat to intro? Or where can get cheaper parklon? Parklon is the best?

I found dwinguler or comflor baby playmat also same comfort as parklon. Material wise, I think about the same. Price cheaper by 20-50 bucks depends on size. So now u can just choose based on picture preferences. I saw on baby fair the medium size for comflor is 125/140 depends on the picture that you choose, while parklon at least $150 for medium size.

My baby hasn't poo for exactly a week today. He's 5.5 month old. I've started introducing solid since 2 weeks ago. The last week we gave him his usual sweet potato/ pumpkin/ carrot / potato / apple and included hipp organic oat and rice porridge with pumpkin or carrot... Other than that he's still on bm and 1 feed of fm at night.

Feeling so worried cos I feel that he's always trying to force it out but nothing comes out...
did you LO poo before u giving him solid food? Is his poo hard or soft?
Mine also not pooing everyday, normally like 3-4 days. I need to thoroughly massage him and give him probiotics so his intestine can move. I asked my PD but my PD said as long as his poo is not hard it is not constipation. So it is ok. But now I have been giving him solid food one tablespoon once a day, and I noticed his poo more thickened, but still soft.

Hello everyone! It has been a while. My LO sleeps on her cot in her own room since she was born. At most we pat her to sleep on our bed if she refuses to sleep after night feed then bring her back to her cot. We have friends whose child still refused to sleep on their own even in primary school so we do not want this to happen.

Not worry bb hungry? I worry he hungry. think they would be hungry so thats why cry during the night? Stomach growling during zzzz is already unbearable for adult..how would a little bb able to not drink during zzzz? If I dun make milk, he will be upset and I won't be able to sleep.. lagi worse.
She's fine when dragged 6-8hrs and can fall back to sleep with pacifier and patting. I'll only feed if she cries hysterically which very seldom happen so far during the night. If she sleep back then I don't make milk. Slowly let her body adjust to no milk at night. I read that can dream feed or decrease the amount during night feeds or drag hour by hour (it's like dragging pumping to slow supply) and avoid changing diaper to train too.

The cot is not "joined" onto ur bed kind? Mine is cos my cot one side of the railings can be pushed down so it can be joint to my bed. And the height of both the cot's mattress and mine just nice same height..
The railing and mattress height can be adjusted to 'meet' my bed but it will be too low for us to change her. Have to keep bending down.

did you LO poo before u giving him solid food? Is his poo hard or soft?
Mine also not pooing everyday, normally like 3-4 days. I need to thoroughly massage him and give him probiotics so his intestine can move. I asked my PD but my PD said as long as his poo is not hard it is not constipation. So it is ok. But now I have been giving him solid food one tablespoon once a day, and I noticed his poo more thickened, but still soft.

Previously he poo about once in 3-5 days while on bm. Wasn't that worrying though..more worried now as he has been eating more than just milk. Don't know where all the food go to... haha! Only until his next poo then I'll know whether it's soft or hard... Hopefully he poo today! Longest record liao... so stressful when everyone at home keep asking me if he got poo a not!

So cute!
Anyway any mummies know where else i can find mask for babies? Majority i see only for toddlers. Tried and its too big for my son.

Secondly, id like to ask on positions. My son till date hates to be sideway and hates tummy time. When put him sideways, he will stiffen his body and do an arch. And when tummy time he will stiffen his body as well and shows emotions like asking me to lay him on his back. How do i get him to like these 2 positions?
Can buy vogmask. Size xs will fit the baby. I use pigeon for my LO. She started to lick e mask.
Then i change to vogmask. At least can wipe

My hub likes the new very thick parklon, but its too exp. end up i jus paid a mama for preloved parklon :p $40 cheap cheap...since i wont wanna haf #4 so will not buy brand new.. I been using those thin 5mm mats for lo, but he always hit his head, like no difference from crawling on the empty floor...! Now like he know painful so will slowwww motion to turn. -.-

I put lo at the corner of bed frame n we slp on short sides instead of long....

My hub likes the new very thick parklon, but its too exp. end up i jus paid a mama for preloved parklon :p $40 cheap cheap...since i wont wanna haf #4 so will not buy brand new.. I been using those thin 5mm mats for lo, but he always hit his head, like no difference from crawling on the empty floor...! Now like he know painful so will slowwww motion to turn. -.-

I tried to do that, sleep on short sides but i was stuck in the middle cant move much. Ended up i couldnt sleep well and stone the next day haha. My bed is king size wor.. So now bb co sleep with either me or hubby. One of us will sleep on a separate single size mattress.. Haha

Was put LO at the corner of the bed frame before and we sleep on short sides (LO, me and hubby) but then when we sleep like pig, LO silently wake up and explore and try to crawl, sit by himself going up or down till fall down from our bed and cry. hahaha...... So either I will sleep with LO at folded mattress on the floor and dun worry about LO falling down. Or me and hubby sleep like L shape like a bed rail preventing baby from fall. At least LO need to pass our body before he jump. hahaha....

I dont dare to sleep just me and LO on my king size bed, sure LO easily can jump from one of the side.

Thanks furbee! I've bought a 2mm thick mat from carousell yesterday! You bought parklon at $40 not bad! Really cheap cheap!

When did u all start ur bb on solid? My bb is 4.5mths old now ..

I intend start on 6mth...

Mummies, any recommendation on baby food processors?

Can consider those braun or phillips kind of hand help blender...
Hi mummies, any good grinder to recommend? My nanny doesn't like the one come with steam function. Thanks!
Courts and alot of stores sell the handheld blender .. Less den $50 only..

Mummies how soon can bb drink water, is it when we introduce solids? And how much water can we give?

Not all baby will like water.. Some takes up to a yr old to accept water as its tasteless ma.
Ya can start at 6mo, 10ml slowly increase to 20ml etc... I remember reading dun give too much at one go...

Mummies how soon can bb drink water, is it when we introduce solids? And how much water can we give?

I started giving water when I started solids with her. Using the same spoon she's using for her solids. I started with abt 5 of tiny spoon.

I started solid with my girl when she was abt 5 half months old. Intro bit by bit. The first few times were more of letting her know how to eat and chew.

Mummies, any recommendation on baby food processors?

Am using those hand held blender. At least after baby outgrow puree stage food, I can still use it for my new place next year.

If u dont intend to buy a new one, u can also use your normal blender. Just make sure u wash it thoroughly before blending LO food. One way to get rid of onion/garlic/chilli or any pungent smell of the blender, blend dry a piece or two bread, then wash it. And its ready to use.

Lol.. same... we sleep on the short sides too.. kekeke

Am using those hand held blender. At least after baby outgrow puree stage food, I can still use it for my new place next year.

If u dont intend to buy a new one, u can also use your normal blender. Just make sure u wash it thoroughly before blending LO food. One way to get rid of onion/garlic/chilli or any pungent smell of the blender, blend dry a piece or two bread, then wash it. And its ready to use.
Learnt something new today! Thanks

Bb caught virus frm her jiejie and has been coughing with phlegm for abt a wk. haizzz. How ah, need to go see pd? But go see pd oso no use cos cant take meds at his age ley. Poor thing…

Jus been using essential oils on him. Anything else I can do?

Bb caught virus frm her jiejie and has been coughing with phlegm for abt a wk. haizzz. How ah, need to go see pd? But go see pd oso no use cos cant take meds at his age ley. Poor thing…

My bb see GP and was given medicine to get rid of his cold and phlegm. Polyclinics won't give meds at all..

I brought mine to pd when he got flu from his jie jie. Cough and phlegm and diagnosed with bronchitis. Have to use the nebulizer and take meds. He has gotten bronchitis 3 times already and even when he was only about 2 months old last time, pd also have him meds and use nebulizer.

I thought babies before 6 months shouldn't use eo? I didn't use on mine coz I thought he's too young.

Sometimes I use peace and calming before her bedtime. Just apply on her soles, lightly. She sleeps better tho.

When she had her cough, I just difused lavender.

I brought mine to pd when he got flu from his jie jie. Cough and phlegm and diagnosed with bronchitis. Have to use the nebulizer and take meds. He has gotten bronchitis 3 times already and even when he was only about 2 months old last time, pd also have him meds and use nebulizer.

I thought babies before 6 months shouldn't use eo? I didn't use on mine coz I thought he's too young.

I try not to give cough meds so soon cos feel dat its more of a suppressant than cure. Unless like my gal last time, cough for a month then boh bian tried out all sorts of meds on her.

How to tell whether developed into bronchitis? He's not coughing all the time, no fever, still active. But so grumpy!!

Yeah there has been some mixed opinions on whether can use eo on bbs or not. My seller says ok, so I use lor. I'm using doterra oils.

@cynn04 good to bring to kkh to check. Cos cough too much can lead to bronchitis...my lo also diagnosed wen he was 5mth old leh... On neb also, cos was having bad wheezing. Doc say dun play play if cough more den 5 days with pghlem... They still young... Kkh did nose swab test so only stayed 2nite in hosp..

After discharge, doc say the phglem will take weeks or month to fully recover. As long no more wheezing or breathlessness or fever dont need go back a&e..

Is it a passing stage to have cough now? Heh. My lo oso having cough. His seems to be dry cough. Giving me sleepless nights. Asked my mum to stop giving him apples. Cos it will cause phlegm.

Jiayou @cynn04! Hope yours recover soon!

Back