IVF/ICSI Support Group

Gal who is your tcm pls.

I got to Dr. Chan from Ban Choon Chan at Marine Parade. You want his contact? I believe many sisters here go to him too.

Hi littlemonkies, erm I'm trying not to raise too much high hopes. Tested positive but my beta was really low
22nd will be the appt to determine the heart beat. Till then we don't dare to tell anymore.

Btw are you on dydrogesterone twice per day? Any side effects? I keep having breathless and heart palpitation. Called KKH but they say is normal. Unless I want to change to new med then i down to O&G clinic.

And hor I didn't know I can't eat banana and ba ku teh! Had cravings so just eaten few days back. Hope will be okay.

1st cycle, extracted 18 eggs but only 2 for ET. Yet only 1 with grade 3 and grade 4. No frozen. Quite sad. Hope it will turn out okay ba.

Don't worry so much about what you've had :) Just try your best from now till first scan ok. If you don't mind me kpo, can start taking the double boiled chicken essence, it ups the HCG level.

And yes, I have been changed from Utrogestan to Dydrogesterone as well. Currently still not much effect but it's only my first day. If you really cannot tahan go down... doesn't sound good to be breathless work...

Don't worry about the eggs. At least you had 2. My beanie is the only one left too. My one and only. I insisted on freezing another 2 blasties but embryologists told us straight up that these two are unlikey to survive the thawing process.... Anyways, look on bright side. We are very blessed to have a chance to be pregnant. If can do once, means can do again. Don't be negative. Jia you and give your babies the best fighting chance ok. Jiayou together!!!

Must remain positive and talk to your baby everyday. Tell your baby to grow, grow, grow. Mummy must be positive ok.

I'm taking dupaston too - 2 tablets twice daily. Have been taking it for more than 1 mth but so far ok, I don't notice the side effects.

Don't be sad ok. It only takes 1! I also don't have frozen. So next yr I'll go for IVF again!
Sister are you back at work? Im back at work first day.. finding it very difficult. Very tired and want to sleep. :(

Sister are you back at work? Im back at work first day.. finding it very difficult. Very tired and want to sleep. :(

Yes I'm back at work. I took only 5 days leave after my FET then started working. But yessssss.. I feel very sleepy and tired. Lol. Like zombie on some days. Must adjust your sleep timing. Last time, I used to sleep at 11.30 or 12am. Now by 10.30pm, I'm already zzz-ing. Lol.

Btw, if you start morning sickness, can try the sea band. My dr recommended that to me and so far it helps.

Yes I'm back at work. I took only 5 days leave after my FET then started working. But yessssss.. I feel very sleepy and tired. Lol. Like zombie on some days. Must adjust your sleep timing. Last time, I used to sleep at 11.30 or 12am. Now by 10.30pm, I'm already zzz-ing. Lol.

Btw, if you start morning sickness, can try the sea band. My dr recommended that to me and so far it helps.
Ok will try. Now at home for lunch time trying to catch a snooze!

Just ended ivf briefing. Someone asked abt taking tcm while doing ivf and doc suggested to stop 1 month in advance prior to starting ivf lest hormones frm tcm herbs interfere with jab hormones. Anyone on tcm while on ivf or when do u last stop tcm prior to starting ivf?

Mmmm actually most of what I did I just pick up here and there from the sisters on this board. I also carried out all the instructions of my sinseh very faithfully. Actually I think what I did before the IVF cycle may have helped too... so I'll add that in too. Hope it helps!

Before the IVF cycle:-

- I went to my sinseh to 'tiao' my cycle. He gave me herbs to prepare my womb and to regularise my insane cycle. He says that he cannot 'tiao' my body once I start IVF because he does not want me to contradict doctors' orders.
- No cold water. No cold food. No 'cooling' fruits too.
- Sinseh also gave herbs to 'tiao' my hubby's soldiers. He says for IVF the guys' soldiers are very important, cos they must be in good condition to penetrate the eggs and to produce good embryos. My hubby took the herbs all the way until after the transfer.

During IVF cycle:-

- before embryo retrieval, eat a lot of eggs.
- After embryo retrieval, I drank a lot a lot of Gatorade and water to prevent OHSS and to flush out the chemicals from my body. I kept up with the eggs as well. I stayed in bed for the full 5 days after retrieval so as to give my body the best chance to recover.
- Dried Longan tea with red dates, black dates, rock sugar and wolf berries everyday

During 2ww:-

DOs:-
- After embryo transfer, I stayed in bed for full 5 days to give my blastie the best possible chance to implant.
- I drank a lot of water, thinking this would help flush out the chemicals. Don't know whether it works, but it kept me hydrated.
- Keep warm. Wear slippers around the house so 'cold qi' don't go in through your feet. Wear socks to sleep (but I'll admit, when I wake up, usually the socks are mysteriously off....). I also wore long pants and t-shirts to keep warm (but I do keep my air-con on).
- After the 5 days of bed rest post transfer, I stayed in the house for the rest of the 2ww. I slept a lot during these 2 weeks. I only went out twice to see my sinseh but came back quite quickly to rest.
- I took 2 packets of herbs from my sinseh to be boiled a few days after transfer. The purpose of the herbs is to boost the HCG and to facilitate implantation. When I take the herbs, I do not take the chicken essence.
- Double boiled chicken essence without fail every day (unless I am taking herbs).
- Occasional dried longan tea (as mentioned above), but not everyday because it made me a little heaty.. and sinseh says the aim is not to become too heaty and not too 'cool'... must be just right in order for embryo to implant and grow well.
- Order hubby around =D I didn't do any housework or cooking at all! Mom came to cook. Hubby did the housework. Best!

DONTs:-
- No cold drinks, cold food, cooling fruits. This is a HUGE no-no.
- No potassium-heavy fruits like bananas.
- No exercise. No heavy lifting. No BD.
- No other herbal food (like bak kut teh etc). Dang Gui is a huge no-no according to sinseh.
- No stress, no sadness. When feeling sad, I always come to this forum to speak to the sisters here....

That's all I can remember for now. Sisters feel free to add on to this list yea... anyway, whatever I listed above mostly I learnt from all of you one...

And one last thing... I pray over my beanie every day. I asked my church friends to pray for beanie and I talked to beanie all the time, trying to convey my love to beanie. I believe all our beanies have a soul already. :)
Wow.. Really like a queen! Who does the cooking?
Which tcm u seeing?

Gal which cd r u went for scan. I also went for scan on Monday which was cd 8 as am doing natural fet. I have abt 2 big follies and 4 small ones. The big ones are 10 and 12. Lining 5.8 but no triple also. My first bfp I had triple lining and 2nd bfp non triple. But unlucky both mc. Hope and pray this will be my golden baby. Yr Fet confirm Monday ar and r u expected to go for another scan. I am monitoring ovulation and once positive then do ET 3 days later. I suspect ET should be Sat as ovulation kit starting showing 2 lines but haven't smiley face yet. Most likely Wed ovulate. Kkh told.me to come for a scan on wed and as am not in SG told them will inform when ovulate to prepare for fet. Having ovu pain already.

Does anyone know roughly hw many mm then opk will show positive and also lining roughly must be how thick pls.
Hi gal, it was cd21 when I went for my scan for lining yesterday. Seems a bit late right but mine is medicated FET so don't know how that works.

Just ended ivf briefing. Someone asked abt taking tcm while doing ivf and doc suggested to stop 1 month in advance prior to starting ivf lest hormones frm tcm herbs interfere with jab hormones. Anyone on tcm while on ivf or when do u last stop tcm prior to starting ivf?

mmmm.... My IVF cycle was in Sep. I took the herbs in August but not in Sep. Sinsei refused to give me anything also, because he wanted me to obey my doc

Ladies, is it normal to have increase vaginal discharge during the ivf stimulation period? Am in day 11, thought the injections are supposed to prevent ovulation?

Ladies, is it normal to have increase vaginal discharge during the ivf stimulation period? Am in day 11, thought the injections are supposed to prevent ovulation?
Yes normal. FSH stim hormones will stimulate the growth of the follicles which will secrete estrogen. Estrogen supports growth of lining and also stimulates cervix cells to secrete mucus. So increased vaginal discharge during this time is normal.
The LH suppressing jabs suppresses LH to prevent maturation of the eggs prior to ER. It is not supposed to affect estrogen. Don't worry. All should be good for you. Jia you k! :)

I only did accupuncture with my tcm..stopped abt a week before my fet ..

Aft the transfer totally nv go bck tcm alr cus she dont recommend mixing..unless sick or wat..

My Dr gave me both inserts and jabs but jabs would be every 3 days for 2 weeks. They said they didnt give me jabs everyday because it's not convenient for me to go to the clinic daily. The jabs didn't cause headache. But it did gave me like a sort of bump which is quite sore but it disappeared after a few days.

Thanks very much for the sharing. I'll ask Dr if i can be given jab this time round.

Sisters if the transfer day after ovulation falls on a Sunday what happens. ..will they do et on sat or mon ar?

Between am feeling alot of cramps. Tho natural I took letrozole to ensure ovulation. Feel pain in ovaries and like menses cramps. Is this normal.

Last edited:
Yes normal. FSH stim hormones will stimulate the growth of the follicles which will secrete estrogen. Estrogen supports growth of lining and also stimulates cervix cells to secrete mucus. So increased vaginal discharge during this time is normal.
The LH suppressing jabs suppresses LH to prevent maturation of the eggs prior to ER. It is not supposed to affect estrogen. Don't worry. All should be good for you. Jia you k! :)
Thanks Dawn! now waiting for follicles to grow for my ER. hope for good news tomorrow

Hi @Celestialbaby im also on medicated FET can I know how it works? Are you on Progynova too? I'm starting the pills on Thursday then go scan on D12.
Hi Curiousbabe12, I started Progynova on CD 9. They gave me a schedule for progynova starting from taking once a day, then the twice, then to 3x a day (7.30am, 3.30pm, 11.30pm). Scan on CD21 (which was yesterday), then reduce Progynova to twice a day (cos' I think doc don't want lining to thicken too much). He also prescribed a type of steroid (most likwly cos i dont hv triple stripe) to start today on cyclogest for insertion from now till FET on 19 Oct. Are you on medicated FET now too?

Dear sisters... I went for BT at 9am today and KK just called back...

The news is.... I am finally pregnant! I am soo happy. Beta levels look promising at 937. Going back to collect support medication after lunch.

Thanks so much for you ladies here. Couldn't have survived this journey without you ladies. Spreading all my love and baby dust here!
Congrats!!! Grab baby dust from you. :)
Im a silent supporter :)

I got to Dr. Chan from Ban Choon Chan at Marine Parade. You want his contact? I believe many sisters here go to him too.

Don't worry so much about what you've had :) Just try your best from now till first scan ok. If you don't mind me kpo, can start taking the double boiled chicken essence, it ups the HCG level.

And yes, I have been changed from Utrogestan to Dydrogesterone as well. Currently still not much effect but it's only my first day. If you really cannot tahan go down... doesn't sound good to be breathless work...

Don't worry about the eggs. At least you had 2. My beanie is the only one left too. My one and only. I insisted on freezing another 2 blasties but embryologists told us straight up that these two are unlikey to survive the thawing process.... Anyways, look on bright side. We are very blessed to have a chance to be pregnant. If can do once, means can do again. Don't be negative. Jia you and give your babies the best fighting chance ok. Jiayou together!!!

Thanks littlemonkies, good luck to you too. Praying hard for everyone including myself. Jia you

Hi Curiousbabe12, I started Progynova on CD 9. They gave me a schedule for progynova starting from taking once a day, then the twice, then to 3x a day (7.30am, 3.30pm, 11.30pm). Scan on CD21 (which was yesterday), then reduce Progynova to twice a day (cos' I think doc don't want lining to thicken too much). He also prescribed a type of steroid (most likwly cos i dont hv triple stripe) to start today on cyclogest for insertion from now till FET on 19 Oct. Are you on medicated FET now too?

Hi @Celestialbaby, they ask me to start Progynova on D5 they only mention to eat take 2 tablets after food from D5-D9 then 3 tablets from D10-D11 go for scan on D12. But they never give any timing to take the medicine.

Btw there is a thread for Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be. I can't wait for everybody else here to join the thread!

That's why I come here everyday.. sprinkle baby dust everyday so everybody will join us! :) Jiayou everybody! Next year we all go baby fair together! Jiayouuuuuuuu!

Hihi... You mentioned the supplements to take for endo? Where to buy them? How much is it? Tks.

How long is the briefing? You go bloodtest today too? Counselling?

Hi @Celestialbaby, they ask me to start Progynova on D5 they only mention to eat take 2 tablets after food from D5-D9 then 3 tablets from D10-D11 go for scan on D12. But they never give any timing to take the medicine.
I see. Don't worry about it. Different doc probably hv different practice. We just trust the doc to know what they are doing. Now main thing is don't stress. All the best to you cycle buddy!

I have 4 failed ivf cycle, anyone know where have egg donar available .
I think U'd probably need to go overseas. My friend went through an egg donor agency who have affiliation with clinics worldwide and they recommended a clinic to her based on her requirements. The clinic I'm using now for my IVF does egg donor too n it's in Malaysia. PM me if you want more info.

T
How long is the briefing? You go bloodtest today too? Counselling?
The briefing was consultation with the nurse and doctor. Group session consisting of 4 couples .. we already took blood test 2weeks ago and cleared hence able to join the group session briefing. Frm 1.45pm to 4.30pm .. the doc talked so much. Really very passionate abtivf

Hi ladies .. how much of stimulation jab were u on when u first started ivf cycle? I was told I'm to go on 113 units of puregon per day ..is that alot or average dose?

Hi ladies .. how much of stimulation jab were u on when u first started ivf cycle? I was told I'm to go on 113 units of puregon per day ..is that alot or average dose?
Hi.. i did about stim for 12 days. Not sure if its considered long compared to other sisters here. Was given 150 menopur and reduced to 112.5 for a day. I dont think you are on high dosage. I've heard people of going at 300/400.

Hi.. i did about stim for 12 days. Not sure if its considered long compared to other sisters here. Was given 150 menopur and reduced to 112.5 for a day. I dont think you are on high dosage. I've heard people of going at 300/400.
I'm on 180 now and at day 12. Still not ready to retrieve. Probably nxt Monday already which is day 17. Is that very long?

I'm on 180 now and at day 12. Still not ready to retrieve. Probably nxt Monday already which is day 17. Is that very long?
Hmm. not sure actually. Truly understand how you feel as last month my IUI was cancelled due to slow growth! It's my first IVF treatment now. Whats your size of follicle? Dr never increase your dosage? Or maybe you want to try to consume avocado/brazil nuts like what the other sisters recommend?

I have history of over reaction to the jabs but that could probably imply shorter protocol for me. 5days of jabs while on iui are already horrible not to say 12 to 18 days of jabs. 18 days looked to be on long protocol ... Jia you ..

I think yours is average. Cos I was on 250 for a few days before it was reduced to 200...

T

The briefing was consultation with the nurse and doctor. Group session consisting of 4 couples .. we already took blood test 2weeks ago and cleared hence able to join the group session briefing. Frm 1.45pm to 4.30pm .. the doc talked so much. Really very passionate abtivf

Wow, so long? Lol
Which doc will be giving the briefing?
Have you done with the councelling too?

Hmm. not sure actually. Truly understand how you feel as last month my IUI was cancelled due to slow growth! It's my first IVF treatment now. Whats your size of follicle? Dr never increase your dosage? Or maybe you want to try to consume avocado/brazil nuts like what the other sisters recommend?
Follicle range from 8mm to 15mm. Now I'm wondering will some follicle be too big on Monday. Thought my stimulation ending ... :( and now gonna continue

Follicle range from 8mm to 15mm. Now I'm wondering will some follicle be too big on Monday. Thought my stimulation ending ... :( and now gonna continue
I think yours should be ending soon since you say u have 15mm. they should be seeing you on alternate days to monitor the growth right? which hospital are you with?

Back