Ectopic Pregnancy and trying to conceive

I have seen tcm for 1 year and honestly i didn't think much of it.

Same sentiments...I always think TCM as a long-term "supplement" to better health...I don't see it as a short-term/immediate treatment. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I am not a fan.

Does Chinese medicine helps in preventing ectopic ?
Not at all. Even with scanners, it's hard to determine whether the insides are operating well or not, what's more without scanners? TCM usually dont have scanners, they go by touching pulses and charting body temperatures

Not at all. Even with scanners, it's hard to determine whether the insides are operating well or not, what's more without scanners? TCM usually dont have scanners, they go by touching pulses and charting body temperatures

That means it's really a matter of luck Liao ba. There are also many successful stories after first ectopic pregnancy with one tube removed . I just leave it to fate ba. My hubby said try again, If tio ectopic than go for ivf lo.

That means it's really a matter of luck Liao ba. There are also many successful stories after first ectopic pregnancy with one tube removed . I just leave it to fate ba. My hubby said try again, If tio ectopic than go for ivf lo.
Sure, jia you!

Yup. That's what i did.
You still have a very good chance to succeed via natural. Btw, how old are you? And your #1 issit via c sec or natural birth?

Hi Shirlynnler,

My case is quite similar to yours. My gynae couldn't find the yolk sac in nt uterus and tube, even after many scans and mri scan. But by week 7 and hcg level 14k, my gynae said let's just do the opt on 14 Sep, end up found the pregnancy in my left tube.

However, my gynae managed to save my left tube and said my other tube looks healthy. But the risk of me having another EP is 10 times higher cos of the scar tissue.

That's why I'm very scared to try again. I'm trying to let it go and be positive.

Hugs to all brave women here. Stay strong!

I had an ectopic pregnancy back in 2007 when I was undergoing IUI. I did an IUI cycle and on BT day, blood test was negative. The following cycle, I tested positive for OPK everyday for 7 days and finally I decided to do HPT and discovered I was pregnant. Went back to NUH clinic where I did my IUI and after several blood tests and scans over several days, we discovered the ectopic pregnancy in the right tube. Took an MTX injection and it was cleared. Since then I did several more IUIs and one round of IVF, all unsuccessful and I gave up in 2009.

Now 6 years later, I conceived naturally in May. When I first tested positive, I feared it might be ectopic again and had several blood tests to rule it out. Today I am 23 weeks.

So yes, one can be successful after an ectopic.

I had an ectopic pregnancy back in 2007 when I was undergoing IUI. I did an IUI cycle and on BT day, blood test was negative. The following cycle, I tested positive for OPK everyday for 7 days and finally I decided to do HPT and discovered I was pregnant. Went back to NUH clinic where I did my IUI and after several blood tests and scans over several days, we discovered the ectopic pregnancy in the right tube. Took an MTX injection and it was cleared. Since then I did several more IUIs and one round of IVF, all unsuccessful and I gave up in 2009.

Now 6 years later, I conceived naturally in May. When I first tested positive, I feared it might be ectopic again and had several blood tests to rule it out. Today I am 23 weeks.

I was more sway, I took 2 MTX jabs, but couldn't be cleared, ultimately still had to undergo keyhole to remove the pregnancy and tube.

I was more sway, I took 2 MTX jabs, but couldn't be cleared, ultimately still had to undergo keyhole to remove the pregnancy and tube.

That was very unfortunate. Maybe you were too far along. I think I was about 6 weeks, just saw the heartbeat before injection.

I hope one day it would be possible for them to transfer the pregnancy from the tube to the uterus. Imagine finally getting pregnant but the embryo implanted in the wrong place.

That was very unfortunate. Maybe you were too far along. I think I was about 6 weeks, just saw the heartbeat before injection.

I hope one day it would be possible for them to transfer the pregnancy from the tube to the uterus. Imagine finally getting pregnant but the embryo implanted in the wrong place.
I can understand the pain of having to choose to inject poison ....ya, i really hope too, there is this technology to transfer from tube to uterus, so that a chance to live is possible. Do you realise that it seems like the embryos in EP are very strong..? just that sway that they happened to be at the wrong place.

Congrats!!!! There is hope =)

hi ladies,

i had twice ectopic at the left and that was back in 2010 and 2011.... went through keyhole surgery and my tube was not removed.
In the end , I went for IUI ending up the eggs developed only the left which end up no choice i was advised to go for IVF in 2012.

Now I am trying for number 2 naturally... and my gynae the womb / tube may expanded due to pregnancy and possibility of ectopic may be lesser risk.
May i ask your view?

Do you think I should try naturally or proceed with IVF for safer choice?

hi ladies,

i had twice ectopic at the left and that was back in 2010 and 2011.... went through keyhole surgery and my tube was not removed.
In the end , I went for IUI ending up the eggs developed only the left which end up no choice i was advised to go for IVF in 2012.

Now I am trying for number 2 naturally... and my gynae the womb / tube may expanded due to pregnancy and possibility of ectopic may be lesser risk.
May i ask your view?

Try natural first until really no news then last resort - IVF.

hi ladies,

May i ask your view?

Hi shijiaxin,

what is IUI?

How to make possibility of ectopic lesser risk?

Hi shijiaxin,

what is IUI?

How to make possibility of ectopic lesser risk?

My gynae from Glen E , if i not wrong his names was Charles (something).
He advised me go through IUI, IUI is gynae inserts the sperm through a tube on the ovulation day...
diff from IVF where eggs are extracted out from your body, IUI dont.

Unfortunately, during that time the scan shown the left ovary eggs are well developed (by size of the eggs) hence the possibility of the egg release will be from the left. To prevent the risk of ectopic, I have to wait till the time where right side of the egg is better developed than the left.

IUI go through almost the same as IVF, u need weekly injection... where IVF is daily.

My gynae from Glen E , if i not wrong his names was Charles (something).
He advised me go through IUI, IUI is gynae inserts the sperm through a tube on the ovulation day...
diff from IVF where eggs are extracted out from your body, IUI dont.

Unfortunately, during that time the scan shown the left ovary eggs are well developed (by size of the eggs) hence the possibility of the egg release will be from the left. To prevent the risk of ectopic, I have to wait till the time where right side of the egg is better developed than the left.

IUI go through almost the same as IVF, u need weekly injection... where IVF is daily.

But IUI increases the risk of EP cause it travels through tube yeah.

But IUI increases the risk of EP cause it travels through tube yeah.

my is left tube block... right tube healthy, so during that IUI my gynae is playing by the chance having right egg release. Anyway, I didn't stand a chance at all, not even have the procedure to proceed , ending up with IVF.

Now i just hope after having number 1, the 2nd pregnancy can go be nature... and hope as what the gynae said , everything inside me really expanded.

my is left tube block... right tube healthy, so during that IUI my gynae is playing by the chance having right egg release. Anyway, I didn't stand a chance at all, not even have the procedure to proceed , ending up with IVF.

Now i just hope after having number 1, the 2nd pregnancy can go be nature... and hope as what the gynae said , everything inside me really expanded.

How to check if the tube is block or not? may i know?

Want to ask ladies who had keyhole surgery.

Below the skin area of the scar after the keyhole surgery, it become 'blue black', like when your skin hit something hard those kind....
Is this normal?

Can this be done at kkh? I just had EP and removed left tube a week ago. I had #1 already but if I would like to check the tube, will they allow?

Hi, i was diagnosed with ectopic but so far no symptom yet but i have previous ectopic history last year. Doc suggested me to remove my left tube but i still want to wait. Can you pls share your experience about this? I'm quite worry.

Hi, i was diagnosed with ectopic but so far no symptom yet but i have previous ectopic history last year. Doc suggested me to remove my left tube but i still want to wait. Can you pls share your experience about this? I'm quite worry.
Hi, did you remove your tube on the previous ectopic. If no, and u are diagnosed with ectopic on the same tube best is to remove.
Take care!

Hi, did you remove your tube on the previous ectopic. If no, and u are diagnosed with ectopic on the same tube best is to remove.
Take care!
Last year i were injected mtx only then all done. After that this early this year i went to do hsg to check about my tube and found out damaged already, then doc told me that next time ectopic again can remove to prevent same thing happen in the future and now here i am. I just want to find out how is the procedure, how long etc.

Last year i were injected mtx only then all done. After that this early this year i went to do hsg to check about my tube and found out damaged already, then doc told me that next time ectopic again can remove to prevent same thing happen in the future and now here i am. I just want to find out how is the procedure, how long etc.
Hi, procedure is 30mins to 1hr. You will be given GA and 1 mth hospitalisation. For KK abt 8k, Glen E abt 14k.

Can this be done at kkh? I just had EP and removed left tube a week ago. I had #1 already but if I would like to check the tube, will they allow?
I believe they do, just have to pay :p
Kidding

Maybe you get advice from ur doc see if necessary

For me as my gynae was deciding whether to remove my tube
After the check there was no damage or block

Hi all,

I just had a keyhole surgery to remove my ep on my left tube. The surgeon said both my tubes look ok and didn't cut any away.

It was a distressing experience for me and I'm worried about how my future pregnancies will be.

Wld like to ask, how long will the bleeding last after the surgery? How long did u all try for a bb again after the surgery and how was the experience like? Hope to hear your sharing.

Hi all,

I just had a keyhole surgery to remove my ep on my left tube. The surgeon said both my tubes look ok and didn't cut any away.

It was a distressing experience for me and I'm worried about how my future pregnancies will be.

Wld like to ask, how long will the bleeding last after the surgery? How long did u all try for a bb again after the surgery and how was the experience like? Hope to hear your sharing.

Are u still on mtx?

Hi Shirlynnler, thanks for your encouragement. Hope my body and mind can recuperate first...=<

Well, I totally understand what you have been going through. Don't give up!

U will start to bleed about 2 - 3 days after your key hole surgery ...

I had EP in 2012 and I removed my left tube cos the jab didn't work. Tried natural and TCM after 3 months, but I did not get pregnant.

Went for IVF in 2013 and discovered that the remaining tube was releasing toxins that hinder implantation. Went ahead to remove the remaining tube and gave birth to a bouncing baby in Mar 2014.

Yes, the chances of having EP are much higher if you had an EP before, but I guess wanting to have a kid badly overcomes all fear - you will do anything, everything to have a healthy baby.

Hi @towkayneo, can i know what is this toxins that is hindering implantation?

Well, I totally understand what you have been going through. Don't give up!

U will start to bleed about 2 - 3 days after your key hole surgery ...
Hi Shirlynnler,

Thanks for your encouragement. I didn't really bleed immd after the ops. It was 3-4 days later then I started bleeding (normal flow). I rang kkh up and they said it's normally unless it is exccessive bleeding with pain. So, i will just monitor.

For those who are looking out for symptoms, I didn't have many symptoms except that when my tummy hurts, it was always on the left (e pregnancy tissue was stuck on my left tube). No bad pain, fainting or anything for me at all. If you are in doubt, please go to check immd because ep is life threatening.

Today, I still can't believe I got an EP. I hv no ep history and I don't smoke. Hopefully, time heals. It was a nightmare...

I hv a question - I hv 28 days normal period cycle before this ep thing.

I thought every cycle, the tubes will take turn to "sweep" one matured egg to the uterus and if it is not fertilised, it will shed as blood aka menses.

I'm wondering why every month, this sweeping mechanism can work without fail for menses but just one fertilised egg, and the sweeping mechanism fail. Anyone knows.?

Today, I still can't believe I got an EP. I hv no ep history and I don't smoke. Hopefully, time heals. It was a nightmare...

Hi Zcshop, I had ep and have it removed last month, also have no ep history, don't smoke, no surgery (mean no scar tissue), and no infection, but till end up with EP.

I also wondering why....still scratching head

Ladies, don't be sad. When I was first diagnosed with ep, I went through the whole questioning procedure... Why me? I was 33, non smoking and exercise regularly. But still it happened. I rested for 3 mths and try again got positive but landed ep again. I was upset and angry because doc told me the other tube is fine, but still ep! These days, I have moved on to ivf and in fact I feel safer without tube but I still have a right tube left. was telling my hubby if ep strike the 3rd time then let's remove it and no more worry. Life must go on, let's try to be happy and go with the flow, children are God's gift. The time will come when it's right.

Back