(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Mattress can get from places like kiddy palace. I bought my cot mattress from there . Depends on your budget , got below $100 to more than $100 range

Shivering? U can actually feel the shivering in your tummy. We calm her down already.

Not sure if I feel the same as yours. Sometimes depends on the sitting posture, my tummy would vibrate a lot of times in split seconds. So not sure if my little one is shivering or she is burping or she is just moving around.....

Hi Mummies,

Anyone feeling agitated easily? Today at work, just one small issue will make me super agitated... and after that I would feel lightheaded, like low sugar level in my brain..... I need to calm myself down for at least 15 mins. How to control agitation during pregnancy? I tried to tell myself dun be angry... but quite difficult to control. :confused::confused:

I have difficulty to sleep . My tummy is heavy .. At night can't sleep well .
Week 33 now .
Any mummy same as me ? Afternoon at work always felt sleepy

Sorry, just need to rant a bit... We are all close to 8 mths and are quite "obvious" by now but I just got literally ignored by a lady sitting on the reserved seat! Just feel very irritated that there are people who can look at me in this state and still ignore! Aargh

I cant sleep well either because the moment I lie down the baby goes into kickboxing mode, until it hurts :confused: during the day its completely peaceful in there

If I sit or lay down baby moving n boxing so much. But if I walk or stand, baby is peaceful. Haiz sometimes so much movement tat hard to sleep n stomach like grumbling so much..

Sorry, just need to rant a bit... We are all close to 8 mths and are quite "obvious" by now but I just got literally ignored by a lady sitting on the reserved seat! Just feel very irritated that there are people who can look at me in this state and still ignore! Aargh
Yesterday got 1 Filipino lady obviously once she sit on the reserve seat she saw me as I was standing in front of her and look at me and did not intend to stand up.. After awhile the sporean uncle sitting next saw that and look at me for awhile, and end up he's the one to give me his seat.. But there are quite number of kind souls in the train nowadays.. A OL even help me get a seat in a pack train.. I told my daughter in my tummy next time we help those tat need seat esp those mummy to be. It's really very shaky in a train or bus and not safe for our baby inside if we keep on standing

Yes, agree so much on that.. But the best part is this lady apparently is a Christian judging by her accessories and book on hand...I'm not against religion or anything but all religions preach to be good and considerate, however, so many of them don't do what they preach.. It's a very simple thing but yet shows so much about one's character..

Agree That many people don't give up seats to pregnant women even young men who pretend they are glued to the phones when I have seen them glancing at my tummy. In the end was an old man who offered me his priority seat.

And I also get agitated easily these days, irritated perhaps. Today my husband told me he can only be back in Singapore ten days before my Edd and for only two weeks. Feel emo and agitated.
But I try to calm myself down Coz third tri I really feel my body is different . Just now agitated for a while immediately tummy felt a bit unwell, back start to ache and start to feel light headed. So let's think of our babies and their beautiful faces when we get agitated ok? That will calm us down

There will always be people who are like that, but let's not forget that many people did give up their seats for us, even though they don't have to :) Just grin and bear it, and don't let the negativity get to you!

Anyone have sudden cravings?
Yesterday I had a huge craving for bread!

I ate 4 slices for breakfast.
After lunch, ate 2 buns
After dinner ate 1 bun.

My colleague told me bread high in sugar better watch my intake... now I see bread, super craving...

@Lynnie0803 @Faith&Hope0902 thanks ladies!

@Faith&Hope0902 I'm only drawing blood once though. I'm just supposed to fast the night before, drink the glucose drink in the morning, and arrive at the clinic 2 hours later to draw blood. How come you have to draw three times?

I am not sure also. I just follow the chemist instruction. I think 1st blood test is the base line (without food), 2nd blood test and 3rd blood tests are to see how the body react to sugar 1hr and 2hrs later. That is what i think. I did the test at TMC. Maybe difference clinics have slight different approach?

Anyone have sudden cravings?
Yesterday I had a huge craving for bread!

I ate 4 slices for breakfast.
After lunch, ate 2 buns
After dinner ate 1 bun.

My colleague told me bread high in sugar better watch my intake... now I see bread, super craving...

Just like u, I don't feel the fullness if I dun eat bread or rice. So try and take bread with wholemeal / nuts and white noodles.

Week 33 now .

I can't sleep well because I have to wake up 2-3 times to pee. And tired at work and I always doze off twice in the office because I am too tired. When I am tired, I feel super grumpy, frustrated and negative. Sigh. To add on to it, my hubby is traveling whole of next week and I am at home alone......... Have been feeling very gloomy these two days...... :(:(:(

Week 33 now .

Week 32 here.. not having gd sleep too... n kena caught sleeping in office just last friday... but told the "catcher" is mediciation... =X been having bad acid reflux too... so bad that it is burning my chest n throat for the past days... trying hard not to touch those tempting pills...

Has everyone picked out names yet? Haha my husband and I are no where near deciding! o_O

After knowing bb gender... hubby went ard asking for advices on nice names... settled it within 1 month if i rmber correctly... pester MIL FIL for chinese names... went online for english names... one of the fun yet torturing moments... =X

i doubt so gynae will issue HL for routine checkup but it depends on your gynae. But you also got to check with your HR on the policy for HL. Some companies the HR dept only accepts HL when you have physically stayed in the hospital.

If you finish your MC, for routine checkup, gynae will give HL?

me ! keep waking up also and have difficulty falling asleep after that.... :confused:

Week 33 now .

i doubt so gynae will issue HL for routine checkup but it depends on your gynae. But you also got to check with your HR on the policy for HL. Some companies the HR dept only accepts HL when you have physically stayed in the hospital.

OO okie, my company accept HL. I am only left with 2 days medical leave. haha.. looks like i got to take some Annual Leave if my gynae don't give.

any mummies experience more 'push push ' and stretching from bb than kicks ?nowadays mine seems to like to push here push there,once in a while then kick. sometimes i'll feel some movement ..like she's doing some construction inside my belly .

any mummies experience more 'push push ' and stretching from bb than kicks ?nowadays mine seems to like to push here push there,once in a while then kick. sometimes i'll feel some movement ..like she's doing some construction inside my belly .

I feel push push more as well and it's like she is trying to push my tummy for more space. There are a few times where my whole tummy "vibrates" from left to right, top to bottom. I dun know what she is doing inside my tummy..... :):)

I got all patterns from her.. Boxing, pushing, shaking, jus now knocking knocking... Is it true active baby due to sugar intake?

Feeling breathless for no reason today.
Thought of a few names but all rejected by the husband. Somehow boy's name easier to think of...

lol it's the opposite for us... we find girls' name easier! So many pretty names for girls, but so much harder for us to come up with one for a boy.

I am not sure also. I just follow the chemist instruction. I think 1st blood test is the base line (without food), 2nd blood test and 3rd blood tests are to see how the body react to sugar 1hr and 2hrs later. That is what i think. I did the test at TMC. Maybe difference clinics have slight different approach?

Thanks for the info! Yours sound a lot more methodical and accurate :D But I don't mind mine being so casual since I'm afraid of needles.

Any mummies have any problems with knee cap as weight increases? My knee caps are painful these few days when I stand up and I have previous history of knee cap injury.

Hi Mummies,

Last night I woke up from this very bad burning sensation on my upper left thigh when sleeping on the left side. It is not leg cramps but sharp burning pain on left upper thigh and I had to straighten my body and legs so that the pain goes away in a few minutes. The area now feels a little numb. I have been sleeping on the left side all these while but does not have any problems till this week.

Anyone has such experience?

Hi Mummies,

Last night I woke up from this very bad burning sensation on my upper left thigh when sleeping on the left side. It is not leg cramps but sharp burning pain on left upper thigh and I had to straighten my body and legs so that the pain goes away in a few minutes. The area now feels a little numb. I have been sleeping on the left side all these while but does not have any problems till this week.

Anyone has such experience?

This is a commonly seen in pregnancy. The extra weight of pregnancy is pressing on the nerves. It gets worse if standing or walking for too long. I have the same experience too. Gynae says will go away after delivery.

Back