(2014) ivf mummies support group

Hi ladylamb, 24hrs kkh is better. My pd is opened in Sunday from 9 to 12pm, not the emergency department but under the clinic.
I don't like hello kitty, it is my girl that is the one she likes. She will hug the kitty.

Haha! Lynn, I also don't like Hello Kitty. I have a friend who is a super fan of Hello Kitty. So whenever she celebrates her daughters' birthday, it is always Hello Kitty theme.

Only 1st birthday celebrate this theme for her since she likes. The rest of the year will just be simple home celebration.
My girl so young already like hello kitty omg.. she see hello kitty will scream and point at it. Then hug the kitty and smile etc.. I was hopping my girl don't go and like hello kitty. Next time the parents will need to spend a lot to buy the stuff faint.
So everyone plan for the birthday party already. Coming soon.

Hopefully there's no need to visit 24hrs anymore! But standby a few options is always good in case emergency during weekend.
Does anyone of you keep thinking about our child's first birthday? My hubby thinks I'm mad. But I think it maybe a first time mother syndrome? Haha. Are you preparing any goodies bags for the kids? Any suggestion what to add in the bag?

Mine will be just simple celebration with family members at home. gg for photoshoot in their birthday month n a short trip.

went to taka sale yesterday n bought them birthday pressies. bought the tiger soup cup bundle too.. love it to max.. started using today.

For us, we have decided to hold my girl's 1st birthday celebration at our function room. Similar to her full month celebration. Hotels and restaurants quotations are way too expensive. Minimum $2000++.

We are also going to have a 1st year Photoshoot for her.

Cheery, why do you love the Tiger soup cup?

faith, easy to feed as the width of cup is just nice to scoop. capacity is just nice for one feeding session for both of them. love the colours n finishes as i got the red n green cups.

I'm bringing my boy to photoshoot too for his 1 year old. Actually we just had one last month too.
Ok about food. My boy eats quite a variety of food, but one thing that I have not intro is beef.
How do you cook it, if you have already intro to your LO?

@ete yes mine! If he is alone with my helper he is ok very good boy. As soon as he sees me around he will make noise and when I'm about to walk away he will cry badly. Daddy walks away he isn't so bad haha

i m still thkin if i wan 2host 1st bdae party.. jus a pippin 9 inch cake i like can cost up to sgd200... plus if host at hm need 2clean lik mad.. if host outside at least another extra sgd1k...

as long as can see me or hubz baby is ok..

è most adventurous food is porridge with dried scallop n chicken (no marrinate).. i cook for ourselves n scoop a small bowl for baby.. so far ok.. actually ifc gives more variety.. lik porridge with veg n meat or fish...

smthg interesting i tried is cook veg stock n use it to cook porridge.. baby likes that porridge...

ifc gives bread too... i tried 2giv é bao from kong ba bao.. baby seems lik ok to nible...

bread i try not 2giv coz i feel off é shelf rack bakery a lot of add-ons...

mines canot really bye bye, clap or say pa ma for a specific person... n always got phlegm / cough.. pd say developm ok, phlegm from ifc.. mayb need 2wait till 4y old 2outgrow...

é phlegm chg milk powder wun help..

i feel it's good 2know of a few pd that open on sun or where 2go for emergency..

i went gp at ard 8m n 8m plus.. n got med for runnin nose n phlegm n anti-biotic when it was broncitics...

sorry for the broken posts.. i scare my app hang.. so post bit by bit...

do u all sanitise toys at hm? i try 2use a alkaline water from kiddy palace n wipe toys that baby bites or put in sterilizer time to time 2sterlize... a lot of work...

Ladylamb, I always cook beef with butternut, potato and mixed herb or potato, carrot, celery and mixed herb (baby beef stew). I use Avent steamer and blender. I buy beef cubes to cook. Beef cubes are usually top sirloin. I seldom give my girl chicken because nowadays the chickens are injected with hormones drugs. Only once in a while I give chicken.

Ete, my girl had it when she turned 9 months old. Then after 2 weeks, she was fine. Then when she turned 10 months old, she's back with the separation anxiety. Now going to be 11 months old, still the same.

I'm back! My girls have very very bad separation anxiety especially with outsiders around. For an IFC babies both are consider bad with strangers. They are also always with cough and running nose just got to keep feeding medicine :( think it's super easy to catch common illness in IFC. My IFC porridge is usually fish with spinach or chicken with carrot/potato. Tea break can be baby bites, sweet potato or cake. Because they Didn practice the no no list of food I don't want intro yet I now more relax in feeding outside food cause I feel even I no feed in IFC they also eat. I usually cook minced beef with porridge like minced pork or minced chicken style. Beef is good for the iron. My girls are small eater when comes to solids. Combine both eat a 250ml food flask they can't finish! Coming 1 year soon. Will have goodies bags for the party for children. Yes after this big 1 the rest will be simple home celebration. My girls can clap hands and say bye bye but doesn't call mama or papa Yet.

Ladylamb, please see picture below.
ImageUploadedByForum1444109522.494970.jpg

I use mixed herbs when I cook beef. I use cinnamon sometimes when I cook apples. Actually my girl prefers without cinnamon for her apples. So I rarely use cinnamon now. For far I have not used Rosemary. Wanted to use it to marinate lamb but so far I have not intro lamb to my girl. For pork and chicken, I usually marinate with sesame oil and pepper. For fish, I usually don't marinate. I have also intro pasta. I bought the Heinz star pasta and I will mix with butternut, potato and beef.

Iwahb, I used to buy minced beef and minced chicken coz it's very easy to cook as I don't need to cut the meat into smaller pieces but I read it's better to give baby top sirloin, lean ground beef as these parts are richer in iron. For chicken, it's better to give the thigh part. Rich in protein, softer for baby to eat. So now you mainly feed outside food when you bring them out?

Thanks @faithfullyyours for you idea! I will try it when I cook him the pasta during the weekend. Should be quite yum..beef stew + pasta ! Weekdays usually I will give fruits and cereal for breakfast. For lunch it's either kampong chicken breast / lean pork slice (alternate) porridge cook with veg. Today's lunch was chicken with fresh huai shan and carrot. For dinner usually i cook fish porridge and mix with veg. Every week seems like repeating and rotating those with vegs. The most adventurous thing that went into his mouth was ice cream which his daddy let him lick abit and he loves it haha.

Ha I'm not alone. My boy will crawl and cling to my legs whenever he spots me. Cry if I walk away.
He's still a fussy eater. Only cereal, rice and soup. More recipes please :)

Ha I'm not alone. My boy will crawl and cling to my legs whenever he spots me. Cry if I walk away.
He's still a fussy eater. Only cereal, rice and soup. More recipes please :)
Ete, same here. My girl will cry and call Mama the moment I walk away. Then when she sees me, she will stop crying immediately.

Some babies are picky eaters. Just press on. They will get better.

i steam the beef n peas tog in avent blender n blend it before mixing into the porridge with parsnip.

Usually i buy eye round beef. bought beef cubes yesterday as no eye round.

Faithfullyyours, yes i got it at finest from bedok mall.

try not to buy the minced pork or beef that was prepacked as they usually use the leftover parts as minced meat.. Usually i will buy the beef or pork n mince it myself using the avent blender

Last edited:
My boy can call mama but to everyone he see. Haha. Can't call papa yet. No clapping n bye bye yet. Think I have to start teaching him.

He doesn't like to eat porridge leh. I don't know y. I use chicken stock to cook he also don't like. But I use the same stock to cook jap ramen n he finish it. I cut the ramen into short pieces. I buy the Heinz pasta too but haven't try. His breakfast will be wholemeal bread dip with fm. Lunch is either oat cereal or ramen. Dinner is porridge or just egg n fruit.

I m celebrating his first birthday too. Nowadays children birthday party not cheap. A fondant cake easily cost $300. Now still got dessert table. In future will be small home celebration.

Btw izzit ok to give ramen?

One day I just let him try cos I was eating it for my lunch. The way he eat like so delicious so I serve him ramen then...

ramen i not sure.. i guess if it does not have too much add on it's fine.. i feel dun like porridge now jus try again few mth later...

fondant cake pretty but messy 2cut leh.. anyway a pretty cream that can serve 30 people will easily cost 200plus liao...

besides chalet anywr else value 4money 2rent n celebrate? i stay in hdb.. no function rm leh...

Yeah a 2kg 2 tier fondant cake will cost about $300. A dessert table if hire professional to do it (for 30 pax minimum), will cost about $1500. In the end, I've decided to DIY dessert table myself, just like how I had done it for her full month. I'll order a single tier cream cake which will cost about $55 and top it up with cake topper to fit the theme and 84 mini cupcakes to make it a 3 tier cake tree. It definitely cost less than $300. Nowadays not many people like to eat cake.

As for the dessert table, I'll modify it to be a candy bar. I'll buy some tidbits from NTUC and repackage it myself. Will download printables online and customise the candy bar items to fit the theme.

Will order buffet from Stamford catering. Their super value buffet is very good deal. At $9/pax (min. 40 pax), there are 8+1 courses. The taste is not bad too. The table set up is nice too.

Also going to print banner from Vistaprint online. A 181 cm by 70 cm banner only costs about $39.99.

Will be using one of her photos from BabyU to make it into an e-invite to send invitations to relatives and friends via whatsapp.

Still thinking if I should order cookies for guests to bring back as gifts.

Now I'm not working. Everything must save money.

Last edited:
Faithfullyyours, yes i got it at finest from bedok mall.

try not to buy the minced pork or beef that was prepacked as they usually use the leftover parts as minced meat.. Usually i will buy the beef or pork n mince it myself using the avent blender
Cheery, how do you mince the beef/pork? I always cut into smaller pieces and steam it with the vegetables then blend it using the Avent steamer and blender.

If it's minced pork, I'll usually cook it together with millet in the pot.

faith that's great to alot of work but worth the effort to oversee everything urself.

just ordered a cake from sweetest moments. A cake made up of chocolate cupcakes.

my mum taught me the conventional way mince using knife. but quite tedious.. Usually i just cut the meat into small cubes n steam it together with the veggies n blend.

Last edited:
Wow @faithfullyyours great effort for your DIY! I thought if DIY earlier on too but changed my mind. I'm not a very crafty person. So I engaged a dessert table stylist to do it for me. But I wanna do something so I will do the monthly photo banner. Hb will do his video/photo montage.
Went to NTUC Finest last night and bought the premium tenderloin beef. Beef stew cooking is in progress now. Added a whole lot of veg in the slow cooker together. Smells good! Last night put him to sit in the shopping cart for the first time. He enjoys grocerry shopping in his ride.

I also diy myself but all the diy items also not cheap but confirm cheaper than hiding pple to do dessert table set up. My 2 tier cake cost me $350 lol. Super ex! But if I see it as cake for twins it's cheap haha cause share among two. Yes I start giving them outside food already. My girls not very solids babies. They still prefer to drink milk more than eat. Can't finish alot of porridge too. Still eating 2 solids a day only and the quantity combine probably like one meal of you ladies baby. So sometimes I really lazy to cook for them cause cook so much effort yet they taste 1-2mouth don't want already.

Anyone started disciplining your little one? How to handle tantrums and how to teach them not to play with socket?

yap have tried giving the stern look for wrong actions. they are able to understand n now very smart will test ur limits..
mine haven play on sockets yet.. but mb can use the sockets safety plugs to prevent them from playing...

faith, i just bought a tula carrier -montana sunset from pupsik.

I use the safety plug and safety corners but my boy keeps tearing out the safety corner and tries taking out the plug ...

Haha cheery into tula too..my buddy also.
Ete, try the safety socket thing.
Faith, so you started no. 2 plan already?
How is circle and the rest?
Did you all brush your babies teeth?
My girl now only want to eat adult food and don't want her porridge. Sian.. she wants to eat rice, meat etc all not blend type. Must be pieces one. I very scare choke as she much teeth.

Lynn, yap haha getting one to try out 1st as hubby using manduca n the one i using giving way after 4 mths of heavy usage... so decide to vest in a good one.

i brush their teeth n clean their tongue using wet gauze only..

mine i only introduce plain rice when we eat out.. they enjoy it as it's our food.. i m alternating beef n cod for meat daily now.. using 2 veggiez mix with meat: apple, parsnips, peas, butternut, beets, carrot & broccoli for their daily veggie intake. just given them stars pasta n they are ok with it.. so now using white rice or millet rice or star pasta as their main carbo source.

Last edited:
Ete, my girl understands me when I say no. Eg, I give her wooden blocks to play. After a while, she will try to put into her mouth. I will say no sternly. She will stop but will try to test water again. I'll use my index finger to tap on the hand that she's holding the block and say no. So far she has not tried to play with the socket yet. I always keep her in the play yard. But she likes to play with the curtains, keeps pulling it.

Cheery, aiyo you are tempting me again about Tula carrier. I think in terms of food for our babies, we are more or less the same. I nowadays cook beef, cod, threadfin, pork and chicken as meat and broccoli, potato, butternut, French beans, cauliflower, green peas, sweet corns, spinach, carrots, parsnips as vegetables. White rice, millet rice, barley, pasta, quinoa or oats as grains.

I shall ask my buddy to post her tula photos to show you all.. buddy post haha. .
Oh.. i also try almost the same food as you all.. my girl like rice or star pasta than her porridge. Maybe she thinks she is not baby don't want eat soft food. Want to chew one.
Pigeon got the toothbrush in a set 6-8 months, 8-12 months and 12-18 months. Should try brushing their teeth already. Got this 3months and above nuk brand toothpaste. My girl now cannot use cloth to clean she will fuss. That's why i try out brush.

Back