(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

To avoid leg cramp try not to stretch leg like ballerina posture. The means try avoid tip toe position when lying in bed. This will start leg cramp easily. Do the reverse position tat means make a v shape like tip with the heel and the toes go up.. This will relief cramp without any help..

I think I also just experienced a 3rd tri growth spurt. The kicks are definitely getting stronger and the tummy feels way tighter all of the sudden. Instead of being cute and exciting, the kicks now hurt :confused: Also I think maybe the expanded uterus is pushing against the lungs, I get breathless so easily. Really have to take it easy from now on :D

@strong_seagull hahaha me too I am so used to stretching the moment I wake up cos shiok, now often forget and overdo it lol

Hi everyone. Ive fallen sick due to the haze. Cough and flu! Ive been to the doctor and was given medicine. But i prefer homemade remedies. So far ive been drinking honey lemon and watermelon/coconut juice. Any advise what i can take or cannot take to fight this cough and flu?

The sleep last night was real good... hardly wake up at all... only woke up once instead of my usual once every 2-3hrs... suspect is due to the med i took for my acid reflux... (used as a sedative in some countries n after further research it is commonly given to pregnant ladies in UK but not in US...) not sure if it is a form of blessing... but seriously I dont think i will want to hv a second tab for it unless it is really very very bad... but no reflux n a good night slp kind of tempting... =X

Any mummies having mood swings? Today feeling super moody and I can't be happy at all. 1st time parents and I am worried that my hubby cannot handle the stress cause he is now experience a lot of stress from work already. And with bb coming, I am worried he cannot handle.

Few weeks ago I suddenly tears in mrt.. Jus suddenly my tears drop.. Try hard not to think anything.. First too. Intend to waste the m leave n take the m benefits option from gov instead.. Cos no one to look after bb n don want to get maid..

is it safe to take lozenges given by doc ?? having a sore throat and went to see doc yesterday..

I would usually ask doc if they are safe for pregnancy. But I try not to take any medication or lozenges now. But sometimes I take the "pi pa gao" (my TCM said it is safe for pregnancy) if really cannot take it.

You want to try honey lemon or peppermint honey for sore throat? That is safer? You can google online for natural remedies.

Few weeks ago I suddenly tears in mrt.. Jus suddenly my tears drop.. Try hard not to think anything.. First too. Intend to waste the m leave n take the m benefits option from gov instead.. Cos no one to look after bb n don want to get maid..

Same here, one moment I worry a lot and get very sad.... Next moment I feel differently.... Sometimes not sure if I worry and think too much.... Worry that I cannot take care of bb...

Anyone started preparing for your nursery yet? have only started washing some bb clothes. havent done up the nursery yet. room is still messy....*stress...:eek:

Anyone started preparing for your nursery yet? have only started washing some bb clothes. havent done up the nursery yet. room is still messy....*stress...:eek:

Nope, in a mess also. We've finished buying most of the things but everything in still stacked up in bags or boxes. Waiting for the husband to fix up the cot and the cupboard so that I can finally organise the room, but he somehow thinks we still have plenty of time :confused: and it's not like I can do those things myself. Can't even start washing the clothes and linen because there is no where to keep them yet.

Also I think we need to start packing a hospital bag :D

Speaking of hospital bag, just to share:
at my antenatal class yesterday, the instructor told us not to count on the hospital gowns and bring some pyjamas because there were occasions when they actually ran out of clean gowns. This I wasn't expecting, I thought some people bring their own sleepwear to look nice for visitors. Better prepare a set or two that you don't mind ruining :)

at my antenatal class yesterday, the instructor told us not to count on the hospital gowns and bring some pyjamas because there were occasions when they actually ran out of clean gowns. This I wasn't expecting, I thought some people bring their own sleepwear to look nice for visitors. Better prepare a set or two that you don't mind ruining :)

sometimes i feel 'amazed' that being a hospital u can run out of things. Especially the things are those patients need the most. btw what hospital will you be delivering at?

Anyone know kk c class can choose to c sec? I'm not scare of kaka n lizard. Not scare of dog bite cat scratch not scare of op but I'm phobia of natural birth..

Wow how many weeks are you moms? I am 29 wks. Still have bits and pieces of things which I haven bought yet. My confinement place and the place I will stay in after that is different so need to prepare two sets of stuffs Sianz...

Ordered plastic drawers to put baby clothes and just clean them today. Tummy getting bigger and getting harder to bend over to pack things. The clothes and stuffs I bought are still in storage boxes, planning to wash the clothes only in November. Husband not around so everything gotta ownself settle as much as possible. Super emo at times and bit gan chiong I still haven fin buying all the stuffs esp the toiletries stuffs and my own post delivery things.

Tmrw gg baby fair with mom , will have to lug back the stuffs on our own. One pregnant woman and one old lady lol. But thinking about my baby gal gives me strength :)

@xyun08 Jia you, I admire your strength in handling so much on your own so far. Hang in there! I am week 28 now. Some brands at the fair will do delivery for you as well, so be sure to check :)

@DesperateMummyWannabe The classes I attend are conducted by TMC, but I'm delivering at MNE. I guess such things can happen anywhere when they do get shorthanded occasionally. I just feel very waste money that I have to go buy some new pjs that I might potentially ruin haha.

Anyone knows where to get cheap but decently comfy button-down sleepgowns? I checked out cotton on, uniqlo, bugis village and the market near my place. All cannot find.

Last edited:
Ok I got a related question to hospital gowns. Do we need to wear a nursing bra inside or we go braless? Coz during delivery time is remove bra right? After that got skin to skin contact and then bf session, so still need to wear bra inside??

I only managed to buy bb stuff this week. And next week, we are going to set up the bb room and bb cot will deliver the week after next. My hubby is going overseas for work 1 week again this month. @xyun08, I understand how you feel. Jia you! I am also going to bb fair this weekend.

Ok I got a related question to hospital gowns. Do we need to wear a nursing bra inside or we go braless? Coz during delivery time is remove bra right? After that got skin to skin contact and then bf session, so still need to wear bra inside??

I assume when we first change into the hospital gown is underwear-less already?

Just wondering after delivery won't be hot and sweaty? Wont we need to wipe down and change gown? and then I heard the blood discharge will come quite fast after that so need to wear the disposable panties . But bra need to wear or not or up to individual ?

The gown for delivery is the surgical type that ties at the back in case need epidural or other medical procedures. The one to wear at the ward after delivery is a different one (at least at MNE, so maybe you wanna check with yours), and disposable underwear recommended along with the maternity pads. Bra or not up to individual :)

Last edited:
Yes bb movement are a lot stronger now at last trim. I'm also having acid reflux n heartburn sometimes I jus drink some cold drink to make myself feel better. Realise bb also hiccup qt a lot too. Or I think it's hiccup cos I feel "heart thumping" in my tummy not sure izzit hiccup.

As for e gown for my #1 I remb I went braless aft I pop but I did put on underwear aft tat.

before delivery once change into hospital gown is braless and no underwear. if opting for epidural, the nurse will insert the catheter after epidural and the waiting game in the delivery suite starts after that.

after delivery so drained of energy and just wait to be pushed up to the ward. :D

the side effects of epidural set in too and I vomited in the ward after i delivered my #1. dont recall about being hot and sweaty. it felt cold actually in the delivery suite. probably another side effect of epidural too

you will need to wear maternity pads after delivery. There will be lochia and this continues for several weeks.

Just wondering after delivery won't be hot and sweaty? Wont we need to wipe down and change gown? and then I heard the blood discharge will come quite fast after that so need to wear the disposable panties . But bra need to wear or not or up to individual ?

wa didnt know that.... thanks for sharing. times have changed i think. previously TMC said no need to bring any PJ if dont mind hospital gown and for bb too as all will be provided by the hospital. even maternity pads etc if the patient doesnt mind paying. but i will be bringing my own maternity pads. save $$ :)

ImageUploadedByForum1444320901.068659.jpg

Just to share.. What to pack for Hospital Bag.

Kindly add me to the relevant FB & Whatsapp groups too. My EDD is on 3 Dec. My email is [email protected], HP: 9633 2857.

BTW Mommies, may I check what's the red packets rates for CL? One when she arrives & one when she leaves.

Thanks! :)

Hi Mummies,

Can anyone tell the difference between false contractions (also known as Braxton Hicks contractions) or just baby's movement in the tummy? I keep feeling my tummy harden on a small area on right side of my tummy and it goes away after a while and I thought it should be bb movement.

Hi all mummies...

Just wondering if any of you are experiencing hot flashes... you will suddenly feel as if you are having fever, but when you get your body temperature it is consider normal... but your face will feel like burning hot... drag on for some time then start to perspire... though not as much as you would expect it to... this can happen like anywhere... air con or non air con room... experiencing it the second time within 1 week...

Anyone having weak bladder? Sometimes cough or sneeze then leak . Happened a few times already.. Just thinking if now like that then natural birth will make muscles even weaker.

Anyone having weak bladder? Sometimes cough or sneeze then leak . Happened a few times already.. Just thinking if now like that then natural birth will make muscles even weaker.

Ya this happened to me as well even at times when i have just cleared bladder. I guess it is common. Sometimes i will wear Pantiliner in case..

Hi Mummies,

Can anyone tell the difference between false contractions (also known as Braxton Hicks contractions) or just baby's movement in the tummy? I keep feeling my tummy harden on a small area on right side of my tummy and it goes away after a while and I thought it should be bb movement.

I asked my gynae. BH may happen a few times in a day but timing is spread out. It is like u said it will feel like your tummy hardened. Happened to me quite frequently. Will be a concern if the hardening happens few times in an hour continuously. Then that will be contraction.

I think pretty common to all preggie women. That's why need to do pelvic floor exercises.

Anyone has traces of protein in urine? My last check it was detected for my case. But my blood pressure is normal. So sent for urine culture test to check if I have an infection. Hopefully just like a uti and not pre-eclampsia.

Hi all mummies...

Just wondering if any of you are experiencing hot flashes... you will suddenly feel as if you are having fever, but when you get your body temperature it is consider normal... but your face will feel like burning hot... drag on for some time then start to perspire... though not as much as you would expect it to... this can happen like anywhere... air con or non air con room... experiencing it the second time within 1 week...

I had hot flash a few weeks ago. It's normal. My office aircon is not cooling for me nowadays

Mummies i bought a graco playpen from the mummys market expo and got a free mattress. Its anti dust mite and i think worth $30. Very basic foam mattress.

Is it necessary to invest in a proper mattress or good enough for new borns? The gd quality ones almost as expensive as the playpen!

Hi mummies, for the fasting before testing for gestational diabetes, is drinking water ok though? How about during the 2 hours wait after drinking the glucose drink?

Hi mummies, for the fasting before testing for gestational diabetes, is drinking water ok though? How about during the 2 hours wait after drinking the glucose drink?

I took some water (1-2hrs) before the 1st blood test. This is acceptable and also you need to take urine test as well. However after the glucose drink, you cannot drink or eat anything else until you took the 2nd and 3rd blood test.

Mummies i bought a graco playpen from the mummys market expo and got a free mattress. Its anti dust mite and i think worth $30. Very basic foam mattress.

Is it necessary to invest in a proper mattress or good enough for new borns? The gd quality ones almost as expensive as the playpen!

I didn't invest in proper mattress. I just go with the mattress that comes with the baby cot. I thought that is sufficient for new borns.

Back