Divorce lawyer for adultery

rabbitz

My dad has been having affair and I need to help my mum find a good divorce lawyer. They are in 60s and we got PI with adultery evidence. I am clueless what are the procedures. My mum is SAHM for 30+ years and HDB matrimonial flat is joint name. My dad has been blinded and cheated by PRC woman now we hv given up hope and just want to save the HDB from the woman as now he is trying to sell the flat citing need retirement money. He is unaware we know his deeds and is starting to become nasty to e family after we refuse to increase his allowance (to enable him feed the woman indirectly).

I hope to get recommendations on good and reliable divorce lawyer and not too exp cos we cannot afford. I am not sure how true but my PI suggest that since we hv solid evidence against his adultery, ultimately my mum can claim lawyer fees fully from the alimony. I do not want to assume or risk finding a good but exp lawyer and end up having to pay due to wrong info. My father is retiree and now he drives taxi to sustain allowance to feed e woman. Not even sure my mum can get any alimony. The affair started 2-3 years ago we believe but only came to light recently. Appreciate sharing of tips, ave lawyer fee and PM me recommendations.

do you want to try legal aid for your mother? with solid evidence, i think you can give legal aid a try.

I have the impression that legal aid, being FOC or low fee, the waiting time for filing is long and maybe they assign junior lawyers. I don't wish to compromise on this as the fight against maintenance and the house is very critical to us. I hope someone has used a divorce lawyer who is good and reliable not anyhow charge fees etc can recommend me. I accept PMs

I have the impression that legal aid, being FOC or low fee, the waiting time for filing is long and maybe they assign junior lawyers. I don't wish to compromise on this as the fight against maintenance and the house is very critical to us. I hope someone has used a divorce lawyer who is good and reliable not anyhow charge fees etc can recommend me. I accept PMs

By using a highly paid lawyer, you might create the wrong impression to the judge that you and your mother are well to do and can afford it aka "过得去"? just my 2 cents worth. sorry if its not helpful.

Hi Rabbit, hmm is this what ur mum wants or ...u want ? Realistically, they r 60 already. And if its PRC, why throw away ur family assets to that bitch...u know when divorce starts, all matrimonial assets hv to be dispose. So once divided ur dad will surely give his share to that ah tiong bitch, so why do that. Ur mum n u are nearest next of kin, if ur mum n u can't stand seeing ur dad, get him to move out or sleep separately ...so long as she don't cm into the house ..if she does, call police n act pitiful that this PRC threaten bodily injury n file a harassment report... See how this bitch react, believe will b damn scare ...cos I did this to my hubby's one of his many flings when she turned up at my house door step.

If the prc is work permit holder u can also provide proof to MOM, they will terminate her work permit and kick her out of singapore. U can do that after ur mum and dad divorce

Back