2016/06 (June) baby

I don't mind sharing the joy and start a whatsapp group, if you all don't mind a daddy in there :) LOL
I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Hi all sorry went unreplied over the weekends :) i go figure out on setting up e Jun16 bbies facebook pg. Den once done will proceed to organize setting up the wadsapp grp chat :)

Facebook group set up done ! i can invite via email so do let me know your email address(pm me!) n i send e invite :)

Last edited:
Ready to set up whatsapp group chat too ! Ive placed my mobile no. in the fb grp. Juz drop me a msg and I will add you in !

Last edited:
we have been trying a few months & finally yesterday we had a positive test result! then we wonder what if not accurate, so went to buy another test kit & it's still positive!
it feels very unreal & i'm not sure what to do now. should i go to a gynae to confirm again asap?

Hi hownow, if it can be detected via hpt it can be detected via blood test. You can choose to go str to gynae/gp n do a hcg test. :)

Just wondering, during the whole pregnancy, can we attend baby showers or weddings? I read somewhere that is not advisable to attend... Haiz, me got 2 baby showers and 2 weddings happening at my first trimester..

@thefatturtle @Rinoa_bunnies first day of last period was 1st sept. so i think maybe starting 6 weeks?
i tried to call kkh to make an appt. then they ask me purpose, so i said to confirm pregnancy. Then the lady asked me to go to the walk-in clinic at kkh.
anyone been there before? i'm thinking of going tmr to check & maybe do a scan if possible

@thefatturtle @Rinoa_bunnies first day of last period was 1st sept. so i think maybe starting 6 weeks?
i tried to call kkh to make an appt. then they ask me purpose, so i said to confirm pregnancy. Then the lady asked me to go to the walk-in clinic at kkh.
anyone been there before? i'm thinking of going tmr to check & maybe do a scan if possible

My last period is also 1 sept but my cycle is ard 32 -33 days kind. Effectively we BD on 20 oct, so my baby now is only ard 4 weeks ba.. Based on online calculator my edd is ard 12 Jun.

Hmm I have not been to the walk-in clinic at kkh to do hcg test hence not able to advise on that :( .
Scan may/may not get to see. (If about 6 weeks should be able to see)
The earliest accurate of cos is to do the blood/hcg test to confirm.
My last period was on 29 Aug 15. However as I have a 34 days cycle ... I conceived likely on 18 sep hence now only 4 weeks 5 days only.

Last edited:

My first visit is to the walk in clinic as I am having mense cramp..
So they did confirm pregnancy there and give me some vitamin.
I personally recommend you to get your own gynae so you wont be charge first consultation fee twice and own gynae will give more detail.
the walk in clinic only tell me I am pregnant and test my blood twice 3 days apart to confirm if it is stable. But all these can be done at your gynae..

So just tell them you are a pregnant and want to see doctor XXX as your gynae, they will make the arrangement.
Now, you need to research which gynae you would like to go to.. If no one in particular, which hospital you want to give birth in? Then you check from there..

thanks for the advice! i have shortlisted a few gynae, but when we called the earliest appt is quite far away. thus, we decided to walk in to kkh anyway because we wanted a bit of a confirmation from a Dr asap so that we know all is ok. we did a scan but still too early (ard 5weeks plus), so can only see the sac. but we feel more reassured after seeing the scan & knowing that baby is at a good position. Dr advised us to make an appt abt 2-3 weeks later.

after the check, i wanted to make an appt with our shortlisted kkh gynae (Dr Han HC, we heard he is gd), but the counter staff said that he usually want to see patient's case file first before he decide on whether to take the case. after he decides to take the case, then the assistant will call us to make appt. we will wait & see if they call back. if not, i will go ahead to make appt with the other Drs that we shortlisted.

i guess the kkh walk-in clinic is gd if u want a fast confirmation from a Dr, w/o having to wait for an appt with ur chosen gynae. although, i will end up paying 2 first consultation fee, i think i feel more reassured with a longer wait for my chosen gynae after getting a quick confirmation first :)

Hello hownow, we almost had the same situation.. Go to 24 hours clinic and chosen dr Han.. Currently my gynae is dr Han.. Met him on week 6.. My next appt is week 10.. If you want a doc that is kiasu, he is not for you.. He is very prof, took only sec to find baby on ultrasound.. He did tell us cramp, lose appetit and ms is normal.. Spotting is also normal, unless bleeding heavily, else don't need to come back.. You can pm if there is anything u need to know including Bill..

Hello all, my EDD is 15 June :) Very happy now.

can I be accepted on the Facebook group pls? I asked to join under 'Jo'

Just wondering, during the whole pregnancy, can we attend baby showers or weddings? I read somewhere that is not advisable to attend... Haiz, me got 2 baby showers and 2 weddings happening at my first trimester..
My mom also don't let me celebrate my own birthday... or go to other people's birthday celebrations :(

Hi Monito accepted request le ! Feel free to join e whatsapp chat grp too if u like.
Well think ur mum also concern of u n bb. They juz follow wadever tt was passed dwn during their time.

Hi Monito accepted request le ! Feel free to join e whatsapp chat grp too if u like.
Well think ur mum also concern of u n bb. They juz follow wadever tt was passed dwn during their time.

Thanks for accepting my request :)

I'll go for my birthday celebration with my friends...cos already say yes before I knew about BFP. But I'll say no cakes... no gifts.... no nothing... haha!

Hihi! My edd based on online edd calculator should be 6 june 2016! So excited! We are just few days apart! I've booked my first gynae appt. On 17th oct. You? Your first child where you delivered?
Hellooooooo! I went online to calculate and the edd is also 6 june! Went for gynae last sat due to slight spotting. did a scan but see nothing :p

pregnant cannot go to wedding or other baby shower meh?
I had a friend wedding to attend in a couple of weeks time. I thought only after birth 3 months.

pregnant cannot go to wedding or other baby shower meh?
I had a friend wedding to attend in a couple of weeks time. I thought only after birth 3 months.
i had to give a missed to a baby shower because my MIL said first 3 months is best not to go wedding and baby shower. I guessed its up to individual? As for wedding, I think it also comes to whether the bride/groom is ok to have you. :)

Hey... I'm back!! Decided to keep the baby, bf whether wanna marry or not marry not priority la. Since he say he OK to put his name in the birth cert, the rest can wait till baby is out safe n sound... :) be it single mom or not, life is a precious gift from God, I will not throw it away easily!

My hcg level was not too ideal.. cuz by now it's ard 5+weeks, should be 10+k level.. mine only 5+k.. :( gynae can only see the sac by intravaginal scan.. he prescribed me with folic acid and progesterone pills lor.. going to see him again in 2 weeks time to see if baby got heartbeat or not..

I have requested to join fb by the name Keira Kobayashi. Please approve me!!

Hey... I'm back!! Decided to keep the baby, bf whether wanna marry or not marry not priority la. Since he say he OK to put his name in the birth cert, the rest can wait till baby is out safe n sound... :) be it single mom or not, life is a precious gift from God, I will not throw it away easily!

My hcg level was not too ideal.. cuz by now it's ard 5+weeks, should be 10+k level.. mine only 5+k.. :( gynae can only see the sac by intravaginal scan.. he prescribed me with folic acid and progesterone pills lor.. going to see him again in 2 weeks time to see if baby got heartbeat or not..

Hi Phoenix, congrats on your decision with your bf..
understand you might not want to get into another marriage so fast..
If few months down the road, you and your bf really decided to take care of your baby together, I would suggest to ROM..
Reason being SG policy to single mom is not very good if you are a PR/Singaporean, thing like the extra months of maternity leave and baby bonus which you might not be entitled if you are single.
Take your time to give some thought since its still early. Stay happy..

Hi everyone!
I've just tested positive last week, EDD should be 14 June 2016 based on online calculator.
First time mom-to-be here! Very excited :)

My first appt with gynae is at the end of the month, just wondering if there is anything I should take note of from now till then, besides taking folic acid?

Hello Phoenix... just my 2 cents... I think you are a very brave decision. I applaud you for keeping your child, and for the courage to put off marriage until you are sure.

I've had friends who were in your situation, got married, and later on divorced as they felt that they were forced into the marriage. It was even more painful by then. If you really don't see yourself living with this man for the rest of your life, please think thrice before compromising into a marriage just because you want to give baby a family. It is true that practically, there are other issues but these financial issues must be carefully weighed against the devastating effect of a marriage fallout...

Hope you don't mind... Didn't mean to offend. Just care for you as a fellow mommy-to-be.

Back