IVF/ICSI Support Group

Just a thought...some of us may have received compliments that we look young, how come never grow old etc, but our eggs never lie :p in 2012, I've retrieved about 23 eggs (I had about 8 usable eggs, 2 didn't survive the thaw, I only BFP from my last 2 frosties). In 2015, it's 17 eggs and right now it's 5 usable and 3 in observation (usually when they say observation, chances of them turning out to be good are quite slim). I guess if I were to fail this fresh cycle, I would have only 2 frosties, provided they survive the freezing and thawing. When I got to know I have so few balance, my 1st thought was, heck it, if this fails, I will be contented with my precious son. Then again, I would really love to give him a sibling. Haiz.

Feeling emo today - it must be the progesterone.

Thanks DawnBB. can find a lot of support here as we are on the same journey ttc. What do most of you do during the 2ww?
I think most of us will do nothing except to religiously drink red date longan tea and maybe egg whites, going in and out to see if there is any stains on the panties, constantly thinking if it will turn out to be BFP or BFN and having constantly itchy fingers whether to take the HPT

I think most of us will do nothing except to religiously drink red date longan tea and maybe egg whites, going in and out to see if there is any stains on the panties, constantly thinking if it will turn out to be BFP or BFN and having constantly itchy fingers whether to take the HPT
TowkayNeo- this is a very realistic picture!

So true :p

TowkayNeo- this is a very realistic picture!
ya la...those textbook examples of how you should spend 2WW is all bullshit one laa..but if you really really don't know what to do during 2WW. Here are some examples:

Here are 50 things to help you stay positive during the 2ww (Some are reasonable, some are crap)

1. Take your daily prenatal vitamins including folic acid
  2. Write a daily journal
  3. Update your facebook page
  4. Don't smoke
  5. Don't drink alcohol
  6. Set some goals and write them down
  7. Make a new budget
  8. Write down baby names
  9. Make your home green
  10. Organize your home
  11. Treat yourself to facials and bubble baths
  12. Eat healthy - leafy vegetables contain a lot of folic acid
  13. Go out and have good food - Once you are pregnant you may not geel like it
  14. Drink pineapple juice or fresh pineapple slices - contains selenium which aids with implantation
  15. Eat walnuts
  16. Use loose clothes: nothing that fits too tight
  17. Don't lift anything too heavy
  18. Exercise - but in moderation
  19. Take long walks
  20. Hydrate well - Drink 1 or 2 liters of water each day
  21. Enjoy making love - at this point it's for pure fun not baby making
  22. If you have to, drink coffee but limit it to 2 cups a day
  23. Go out,
  24. Try to stay busy so you do not obsess too much
  25. Find a good obstetrician
  26. Investigate good hospitals
  27. Calculate the exact day when your pregnancy test should be positive
  28. Watch one DVD a day
  29. Send your husband a love letter each day
  30. Clean up the refrigerator
  31. Get rid of toxic chemicals in your house
  32. Take a regular nap - Naps are God's gift to the impatient.
  33. Meditate - Do Yoga
  34. Spend more time talking to your husband
  35. Go out with a girlfriend for some tea
  36. Ask your husband to do the vacuuming, dishwasher, laundry, and garbage disposal
  37. Practice peeing on a stick - with a Q tip
  38. Investigate life insurance
  39. Paint your rooms - During pregnancy the smells may drive you crazy
  40. Reorganize the kitchen
  41. Do some gardening
  42. Repot your plants
  43. Take the dog for long walks
  44. Check the medicine cabinet and throw out old medications
  45. Wash the dog
  46. Go to a museum - each day a different one
  47. Cut coupons
  48. Watch for maternity clothes sales
  49. Read a good book, or two, or three..
  50. Reorganize your closets

http://www.babymed.com/getting-pregnant/50-things-do-2ww

Thanks DawnBB. can find a lot of support here as we are on the same journey ttc. What do most of you do during the 2ww?
Haha for me i bought the colouring book and watch a lot of tvb dramas during my 2ww...

I slept in a lil later..den wake up eat..watch a bit tv den eat again..den watch tv again or play my colouring book till i doze off..

Den evening time look forward to seeing my hubby..

Just a thought...some of us may have received compliments that we look young, how come never grow old etc, but our eggs never lie :p in 2012, I've retrieved about 23 eggs (I had about 8 usable eggs, 2 didn't survive the thaw, I only BFP from my last 2 frosties). In 2015, it's 17 eggs and right now it's 5 usable and 3 in observation (usually when they say observation, chances of them turning out to be good are quite slim). I guess if I were to fail this fresh cycle, I would have only 2 frosties, provided they survive the freezing and thawing. When I got to know I have so few balance, my 1st thought was, heck it, if this fails, I will be contented with my precious son. Then again, I would really love to give him a sibling. Haiz.

Feeling emo today - it must be the progesterone.
I feel you...the reason why I persevere on is the thought of giving my girl a sibling. It keeps a strong motivation in me. However as we all know, age is not running on our side...

Towards the day 7 after starting the ivf. the needles are giving me phobia now. this morning scan shows many follicles but they are kinda small. 8mm to 10mm. How big the follicles must grow before it is ready for retrieval? feeling very bloated and fat now.

Came across this, is it how it shd look like for the embryo?

Attachments

• 1444360412399.jpg
    1444360412399.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 163
I feel you...the reason why I persevere on is the thought of giving my girl a sibling. It keeps a strong motivation in me. However as we all know, age is not running on our side...
Then again, the saddest thing is, during 2WW, I am not able to carry him like what I usually did, have to be very careful with him around my tummy area...haiz.

By the way, I saw a couple (lady wearing glasses, hubby in biz wear) who brought along their little daughter yesterday morning. Is it you?

Towards the day 7 after starting the ivf. the needles are giving me phobia now. this morning scan shows many follicles but they are kinda small. 8mm to 10mm. How big the follicles must grow before it is ready for retrieval? feeling very bloated and fat now.
Must reach at least 18mm before they schedule you for ER...
Just as when you thought the jabs are over, the most painful jab, the Pregnyl jab which is given on the bum, is the ultimate queen of jabs

Just as when you thought the jabs are over, the most painful jab, the Pregnyl jab which is given on the bum, is the ultimate queen of jabs
For me, the most painful one is the one for sedation on ER day. It has to be there for hours :(

Then again, the saddest thing is, during 2WW, I am not able to carry him like what I usually did, have to be very careful with him around my tummy area...haiz.

By the way, I saw a couple (lady wearing glasses, hubby in biz wear) who brought along their little daughter yesterday morning. Is it you?
Yeah i feel the same too! Nope not me, didn't bring my gal along.

Ooh yah, that one is very painful. My dr asked the anaesthetist to put antibiotics via the needle and it hurts so tcramping When they took the whole thing out.. it looks more like a wire than a needle.
OH my ... got to poke needle at wrist area for sedation? And it has to be kept there from befote ER to after ER?? Very scary indeed. My phobia is ER ... anyone has had bad cramping post ER? How bad was it and how long of bed rest before the uncomfort eased away

OH my ... got to poke needle at wrist area for sedation? And it has to be kept there from befote ER to after ER?? Very scary indeed. My phobia is ER ... anyone has had bad cramping post ER? How bad was it and how long of bed rest before the uncomfort eased away
Me lor...not exactly very bad cramping, but mild cramping. it has been like since ER, 2 days already. No I am not on bed rest.

Don't scare her le sister... my Pregynal was not as painful as the Orgalutrans. The nurse who did it for me, I could kiss her if she'd let me.

Moral of the story (maybe?) - Make friends with the nurses and tell them you are chicken when it comes to pain. I did :p

Don't scare her le sister... my Pregynal was not as painful as the Orgalutrans. The nurse who did it for me, I could kiss her if she'd let me.

Moral of the story (maybe?) - Make friends with the nurses and tell them you are chicken when it comes to pain. I did :p
wa, sians ley, I think the nurse who did for me was a noob - when she did the blood test, she took sometime to find the vein WITH the needle inside and she was swaying the needle to find the vein. I was already pissed but kept my cool (bo bian mah, at people's mercy, what to do) then she did the queen of jab, i was like OH SHIT!!! ahahaha

Not wrist. It's on top of the hand. Yes, from ER to after ER. Once you are fine, they take it out.

I had cramping and discomfort for several days after ER. I was very bloated. For me because I didn't do ET, I had like 7 days of HL I think. I rested most of the days.

Just a really quick check. How much Progesterone supports are you ladies being given? With Duphaston x 20mg x 2 , Utrogestan x 200mg x 3 daily... is that seem a lot? What reactions do you have with these drugs? Cramps, sore boobs, etc?
I was only prescribed progesterone gel for twice a day and folic acid that's all. Sore boobs yes, and body temp usually 37.0 or higher. Any other sisters can share their prescriptions too? :)

Last edited:
I was only prescribed progesterone gel for twice a day and folic acid that's all. Sore boobs yes, and body temp usually 37.0 or higher. Any other sisters can share their prescriptions too? :)
Im on the following:.

1.Progesterone inserts - 2x a day

2. Duphaston (also progesteron)- 3x a day

3. Progynova - 3x a day

4. Folic acid - 1x a day

5. Iron + vitamins - 1x a day

6. Proluton injection - 2x a week

Think im on max support already ☺

Just a really quick check. How much Progesterone supports are you ladies being given? With Duphaston x 20mg x 2 , Utrogestan x 200mg x 3 daily... is that seem a lot? What reactions do you have with these drugs? Cramps, sore boobs, etc?

Only Utrogestan 300mg x2 daily & Folic Acid.

Utrogestan was horrid for me initially. I had very bad nausea.

Im on the following:.

1.Progesterone inserts - 2x a day

2. Duphaston (also progesteron)- 3x a day

3. Progynova - 3x a day

4. Folic acid - 1x a day

5. Iron + vitamins - 1x a day

6. Proluton injection - 2x a week

Think im on max support already ☺
Hi Xiuwenx, wow so much more than me. Did your doctor explain why he gave you? Looks like I don't have any medical support :(

Back