IVF/ICSI Support Group

I was at KKH this morning. I arrived before 9 am waiting for scan. I don't know if anyone was there this morning too. I waited for 2 hours plus before my turn to scan. Then wait another 2 hours for blood test and injection. Tonight I will be going to the 24 hour clinic for injections again. Saturday will be my big day.
It feels real now, isn't it? Like... it's finally time :)

remembered a lady asking abt tcm but can't recall who.. sorry!
just to share, im seeing dr zhong of paragon, was told i shouldnt have gone for ivf and she's v confident that she can resolve hub issues.
but since I've set date for ivf i'll still be gg ahead.
consultation with her is $50, per day medication is $8.94.
if u have member will be 5% off..
hope it helps!

Hi, my Sinseh say better avoid tea, drink red bean soup daily, lots of egg whites 4-6 per day...
Gal u mean from cd 1 must drink red bean soup n 4 to 6 eggs ar. Tot fet can relax abit so just took 1 egg white and haven't start red bean soup. Hope now not too late. Also do u knw must wait for af to finish then start tcm or can start towards end of af pls

I might have seen you but might not see you too. I was there around the same time. I was busy playing mobile app game. I was sitting outside room 2-3 with my husband
Everybody there is playing on mobile phones while waiting, including myself :p
wa, actually today is the day which we could have bumped into one another - paperclip, sonique

Hey hopeful! I thought we wouldin fe in the same cycle. You are one month later than me.

I had one scan on Day 3 AF on last Monday. I will be going for a scan this Thursday. So it's 11 days later second scan. Not sure if I need to go back for more scans.
Hi paperclip!! Ah so in the end we ended up going for ivf after failed iui. Yeah im feeling kinda anxious esp for ER .. I'm really scared of ohss and based on how my body usually over reacts to even 50 units of puregon jab per day .. haven had luck with 4 failed iui and am on 3months of tcm .. tcm told me to stop iui or ivf for my body to rest and try naturally but as seen .. no such luck on me in conceiving naturally so now I'm back to this thread .. r ur results good frm the jabs? Think I will go ahead and tke HE given to me after ER to rest and not put stress on my body

I sit at KKH until my butt pain. The waiting time is ridiculous. I reached KKH around 8:30am and left the hospital after 1pm.

H
Hi h0peful,
Good luck you you.
I have to quit my job as my bosses and HR not understanding at all. They are a bunch of old aunties whom not married. They are not understanding yet they gossips on my IUI and IVF cases. Not helping that I'm in retail and shift hours so going for scans in the morning make it worse.
hi
Yeah think the ivf process is long and sometimes unexpected results r obtained and we just hav to take urgent leave for sudden scans etc and even if bosses tell u they understand but otherwise u r disrupting the wrk flow and they will surely feel unhappy. I was onuiui and was told to do BT to determine if my 1 follicle had egg in it and got to return for trigger if so and I was asked by my boss to tke full day leave when I asked for half day leave. I ended up strolling bugis in order to wait for BT results and go back kkh for trigger same day. I'm just gona take my 17 days hospitalization leave and rest ..after all my body will suffer frm the high levels of jabs

Hi paperclip!! Ah so in the end we ended up going for ivf after failed iui. Yeah im feeling kinda anxious esp for ER .. I'm really scared of ohss and based on how my body usually over reacts to even 50 units of puregon jab per day .. haven had luck with 4 failed iui and am on 3months of tcm .. tcm told me to stop iui or ivf for my body to rest and try naturally but as seen .. no such luck on me in conceiving naturally so now I'm back to this thread .. r ur results good frm the jabs? Think I will go ahead and tke HE given to me after ER to rest and not put stress on my body

Yeah I am here now. I stopped IUI after second try. I think it was in June or July. I rest my body for 2 months before I start the IVF program. Now I can tell you, I did only two scan. One was during AF, the other scan was today on day 12. This Saturday is my ER day. No more scan but I don't know if I need to go back hospital during the 2ww. The nurse said I may need to come back one day during 2ww. So don't worry about taking leave except the 14 days hospitalisation leave.

The jab was a little painful to me. I am scared of needles. In actual fact, it was not painful. My husband jab for me. He is inexperienced and jab very slowly into my skin so it was painful. After awhile, he is very good with jabs now. Total 9 eggs, but only 5 are qualified for ER. Doctor said pray, hopefully the other 4 eggs grow

Last edited:
Gal u mean from cd 1 must drink red bean soup n 4 to 6 eggs ar. Tot fet can relax abit so just took 1 egg white and haven't start red bean soup. Hope now not too late. Also do u knw must wait for af to finish then start tcm or can start towards end of af pls

Hello mesara dear... dun stress har..stress no good.
Since yours is FET, not so critical to eat many egg whites or high protein food as no risk of OHSS which only occurs in fresh cycle. So normal 1 to 2 eggs daily provides good enough protein. Make sure healthy balanced diet, continue pre-natal supplement (make sure at least 400mcg folic acid) and keep well hydrated.

Can eat foods to boost uterine lining such as red bean soup. If taking raspberry leaf tea, it is advised to avoid after ovulation.
Can also start to eat some foods good for implantation as suggested by many friends here: avocado, golden kiwi, brazil nuts, walnuts, longan red date drink (skip this at times when you feel too heaty or constipated). Durian is very heaty so take occasionally only and drink more water.

my clinic's guidelines for post transfer include these foods to avoid: raw, oily and spicy foods as they may cause stomach upset, and also avoid watermelon, papaya, pineapple or banana which may cause uterine contractions. I just avoid these during entire cycle.

TCM acupuncture can resume towards end of AF if your doc is confident of different acupressure points to adjust intensity. Some docs prefer to do on the back with electrical pulse which is a more intensive treatment and usually requires after af ends. Don't worry, just let your tcm doc know and he/she should be able to advise what is best for you.

All the best to you on your FET cycle. Stay positive and jia you!

Haha I'm all prepared to be sacked if I tke 14days of hospitalization leave but getting pregnant is all worth it ... that's y we r in this thread for and sharing info .. I stopped after my 4th failed iui 3 to 4 months back ..wow u only went for 2 scans? I scanned like 3 to 4x at kkh even for iui and historically I over reacted with 5days of jabs with biggest follicle sufficient for maturity ... probably this is something I need to being up to the doc when my ivf starts .. I was in so much cramps frm the jabs and over stimulation with 7 to 8 follicles growing on each sides and the thoughts of ER and ohss scares the shxxx out of me ..pardon me please. U feeling all ok now? 5 matured follies r gd counts for u ..like the rest said it only tke 1 to stick :)

I was afraid of OHSS too. It was mentioned during the IVF briefing. I didn't experience cramp. I feel my stomach heavy and bloated. I thought I was carrying a lot of eggs but who knows it was only 9 ;( and not all are mature eggs. I hope it takes one time to work. So scared of the needles. I had blood drawn out just now. The only thing I am scared of ER is needle for anesthetic. I don't think it will be gas anesthetic. Ouch my wrist!

wa, actually today is the day which we could have bumped into one another - paperclip, sonique
Yea man, it would be nice to see one another there! Indeed everyone is on mobile phone haha blame the technology and social media!

Hey wait a minute, isn't this platform how we get to know one another! Lol

I was afraid of OHSS too. It was mentioned during the IVF briefing. I didn't experience cramp. I feel my stomach heavy and bloated. I thought I was carrying a lot of eggs but who knows it was only 9 ;( and not all are mature eggs. I hope it takes one time to work. So scared of the needles. I had blood drawn out just now. The only thing I am scared of ER is needle for anesthetic. I don't think it will be gas anesthetic. Ouch my wrist!
The best thing about ER is the sedation...I like the floating feeling before drifting to zzzzzz :p

I sit at KKH until my butt pain. The waiting time is ridiculous. I reached KKH around 8:30am and left the hospital after 1pm.
I hope you are lying on the bed responding here, don't walk around! Today's just the first day so rest as much as you can. Take it easy :)

Yeah I am here now. I stopped IUI after second try. I think it was in June or July. I rest my body for 2 months before I start the IVF program. Now I can tell you, I did only two scan. One was during AF, the other scan was today on day 12. This Saturday is my ER day. No more scan but I don't know if I need to go back hospital during the 2ww. The nurse said I may need to come back one day during 2ww. So don't worry about taking leave except the 14 days hospitalisation leave.

The jab was a little painful to me. I am scared of needles. In actual fact, it was not painful. My husband jab for me. He is inexperienced and jab very slowly into my skin so it was painful. After awhile, he is very good with jabs now. Total 9 eggs, but only 5 are qualified for ER. Doctor said pray, hopefully the other 4 eggs grow
don't worry about the quantity of eggs, is the quality that matters! You just need 1 good egg for success!

yeah! hate it when the nurse forced me to wake up by adjusting the bed to sitting position. "Hello Missy ah, i am still groggy wor""
I found that quite hilarious.

Mine was also quite funny. I was blissfully sleeping when I was shouted awake... There were 4 - 5 nurses around my bed all looking very worried and telling me to wake up. I must have been knocked out for longer than I was supposed to be :p

I found that quite hilarious.

Mine was also quite funny. I was blissfully sleeping when I was shouted awake... There were 4 - 5 nurses around my bed all looking very worried and telling me to wake up. I must have been knocked out for longer than I was supposed to be :p
It must have been sweet dreams for you! :)

@littlemonkies & @god_blessed_gift both your BT on 12 Oct right?
Hope you gals can graduate to be mummy buddies le and spread your bb dusts to the rest.
I will sure grab haha. Jia you!
Thanks Dawn... even if I graduate I don't think I will leave this board so quickly. It's strange but I feel a bond with you ladies after the past 3 weeks of ups and downs, and having you ladies talk to me.

@god_blessed_gift what time are you told to go for BT on Monday? They told me go at 730am

Thanks Dawn... even if I graduate I don't think I will leave this board so quickly. It's strange but I feel a bond with you ladies after the past 3 weeks of ups and downs, and having you ladies talk to me.

@god_blessed_gift what time are you told to go for BT on Monday? They told me go at 730am
Very nice to have you around to support and cheer everyone on :)
Even tho I'm not there yet, I'm not giving up hope. This has been a rich learning journey too. I was one big blur blur when started ivf and hope others don't be like me but instead can be more informed through this forum. Everyone on this journey, jia you & hope we all get our bbs eventually!

Even tho I'm not there yet, I'm not giving up hope. This has been a rich learning journey too. I was one big blur blur when started ivf and hope others don't be like me but instead can be more informed through this forum. Everyone on this journey, jia you & hope we all get our bbs eventually!
I've only just been here very recently and can feel the newly created bond too and is always a pleasure to read DawnBB's post- you have always been so encouraging to us and I'm sure we'll be here to support one another as long as time permits us to =)

And yes! Fully agree with you - we will eventually get our bbs! Just need to hang on and it certainly helped a great deal getting lots of support and encouragement to spur us on this journey!

I'm with private and clinic only opens at 9am. So earliest to take blood is 9am... I think the nurse will let me know outcome on the same day? Fingers crossed!!!

Yeeeee mine is private also le... maybe cos they stagger timing so we won't all come same time.

I heard they will call you back same day because if it's a positive, you have to return to hospital for the support medication.

Sister no scared. It's sedation. GA then you have to be worried. Sedation is traditionally much safer than GA. Haven't heard story of people not waking up after sedation, unlike GA.

Hahaha... But still all 3x I go ivf. ER is the most scary part to me. Thats why before that I keep put on hold to go ivf.

I was afraid of OHSS too. It was mentioned during the IVF briefing. I didn't experIence cramp. I feel my stomach heavy and bloated. I thought I was carrying a lot of eggs but who knows it was only 9 ;( and not all are mature eggs. I hope it takes one time to work. So scared of the needles. I had blood drawn out just now. The only thing I am scared of ER is needle for anesthetic. I don't think it will be gas anesthetic. Ouch my wrist!
Draw blood is to test what? Is ohss that freaks me out. My very first iui where my body over reacted resulting in many follicles .. i was cramping n feeling very bad pain that I freaked out and called kkh the very next day. And yea the bloating feeling and the twinges felt at the ovaries. Walking also feel so fat and bloated

Draw blood is to test what? Is ohss that freaks me out. My very first iui where my body over reacted resulting in many follicles .. i was cramping n feeling very bad pain that I freaked out and called kkh the very next day. And yea the bloating feeling and the twinges felt at the ovaries. Walking also feel so fat and bloated
yah... that reminds me... i kept complaining to hubby that I feel worse than that big fat hippo. He asked huh? why hippo leh?
You see, I've been at home watching animal planet & Nat Geo... wah, those hippos so round and very fast leh, if in the heat, they can run and skip up to 40km/h. During stims, ovaries feel so sore and swollen, walk also feel funny, let alone try to run or skip.

yah... that reminds me... i kept complaining to hubby that I feel worse than that big fat hippo. He asked huh? why hippo leh?
You see, I've been at home watching animal planet & Nat Geo... wah, those hippos so round and very fast leh, if in the heat, they can run and skip up to 40km/h. During stims, ovaries feel so sore and swollen, walk also feel funny, let alone try to run or skip.
Haha you should watch JML channel home shopping instead :D buy buy buy then happy happier happiest!!

***hugs***
when I went in yesterday (was 11dp2dt for me), nurse would not test saying it's still too early. They just gave a PIO jab. Earliest they would do BT for me is tomorrow. If spotting doesn't escalate to more bleeding, there is still better chance. Perhaps it is really still too early and it isnt over till it is over.
I know nothing I say may truly comfort you at this point. Have a good cry to vent it out if you need, talk to hubby and grief together and discuss next steps, then take a breather, do whatever help to take your mind away. Easier said than done, I really know that.
It is hard to hang on to that glimmer of hope and while we still have to try, I feel it also helps to cushion any final crush by having a plan B in mind.
Please take care. Stay strong and let's jia you together.
Lots of love and tight warm hug
Thanks a lot Dawn! Muacks!

When AF end, can start the red bean soup/ eggs white/Tcm rituals, though is FEt but also need to increase lining thickness, yes mus wait for AF finish then start TCM...when AF report, stop all med/boosting food...

Oh dear! :( the amount of eggs consumed these few weeks is more than what I consumed in a year!

Sigh, will continue to persevere..
Don't worry. U r not the only 1 who 'experience' this. After my OR, eggs, the staple food then, had become tasteless. Just break the hard boiled egg shells, throw away the yolk& just stuff the white into my mouth. Think I shd hv eaten about 40-50 eggs for that period...

Back