Any good gynae in the west?

Hi lovebblove, I'm seeing Dr Chia Yee Tien. She does night consultation at The Edinburgh Clinic (306 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, Singapore 680306) opposite CCK interchange on Monday and Wednesday nights. She has her own clinic at Mt E which you would only need to visit during Oscar test and detailed scan. She does delivery at Mt E, and I heard Mt A too. She was my sister's gynae and according to my sister her package will only kick in when you are 20 weeks. I personally feel that Dr Chia is very good, professional and caring. But she can be very direct at times so you need to be able to accept that.

I am also with Dr John Yam. He's really a nice guy. Easy going and will really spend time to give assurances and advices, never hurrying through any consultation at all.

Both my gerls delivered by Dr John Yam.. Usually i see him at his mum clinic at Acumed at Jrg Point MRT & if further check up will be at his office at Gleaneagles.. His awesome gynae to me

You can try Dr Douglas Ong, he has a clinic at Bukit Timah Plaza but during the day, he is in Mt Elizabeth. A bit pricy but good. A couple of my friends and my sis-in-law has used him.

Hi lovebblove, I'm seeing Dr Chia Yee Tien. She does night consultation at The Edinburgh Clinic (306 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, Singapore 680306) opposite CCK interchange on Monday and Wednesday nights. She has her own clinic at Mt E which you would only need to visit during Oscar test and detailed scan. She does delivery at Mt E, and I heard Mt A too. She was my sister's gynae and according to my sister her package will only kick in when you are 20 weeks. I personally feel that Dr Chia is very good, professional and caring. But she can be very direct at times so you need to be able to accept that.

Jolyntan
Do u know the package price for dr chia?

Jolyntan
Do u know the package price for dr chia?

hello littlepurple, i'm not sure about dr chia's package price cause she mentioned that she would only discuss this with me at 20 weeks (i'm only 11 weeks now).

she was my sister's gynae 8 years ago, so even if my sister remembers i dont think the price is very updated.

i can share it with you as soon as i have it. hopefully its still useful to you then. :]

Hi Jolynn, i would like to know the updated price once you have it too. She was my gynae 6 years ago but i've heard that the price went up alot. For those who are considering her, she is really very professional.

Hello mummies & mummies-to-be, I bought too many packets of Stage 1 & 2 Enfalac milk powder, therefore would like to sell away some. Anyone interested?

Hi all, for me, my very first checkup I went to Dr Adrian Woodworth at thomson medical (choa chu kang), but felt like my consultation with him was very rushed, like 5 mins kind, even my mum who was with me said to me "huh, that's all?", so my hubby suggested to see Dr Chia Yee Tien for my next appt since she consults at night at Edinburgh clinic. We were more comfortable cuz felt she was very professional and experienced (though yes, quite direct but that's fine by us) so went with her for the rest of my pregnancy. Truth be told, she got more friendly as I proceeded later in my pregnancy anyway. We didn't get the package at 20 weeks cuz felt it wasn't worth it, was cheaper for us to pay by visit. I can't remember what was the package price though.

Anyway, though she is supposed to be able to deliver at Mt A, she doesn't want to go there to deliver, and told us to go to Mt E. Told us honestly that it takes much longer for her to get to Mt A just to see us, and anyway she produced a piece of paper with special rates for 2-bedder at Mt E that were only slightly more ex compared to Mt A pricing. I believe during my time there were many mummies who were seeing Dr Woodworth and he also didn't wanna go Mt A, and convinced them to go Thomson also, so for mummies who are super keen on Mt A might be better off looking for a Mt A gynae.

During my delivery, I was glad that I went with Mt E. Dr Chia dropped by every few hours to check on me since her clinic was nearby. Also, my baby wasn't exactly in a right position, and being the expert that she was, she somehow reached in to adjust my daughter's head! It was a relatively difficult labour for me, but I believe if I were seeing a less experienced gynae, I would have been an emergency c-sect case, yet Dr Chia managed to deliver me naturally with light vac-assist. Stitches fully healed by 6 weeks post partum check at Edinburgh.

Fast forward to post partum period, I went to Dr Chia when I thought I had mastitis since she was a female gynae. She diagnosed that they were just blocked ducts and helped me to clear them. After a few weeks, I thought I had blocked ducts again and went to see her, and she told me I had skin infection on my breasts, and prescribed me antibiotics. Call me old school, but it's great to have a female gynae to help with such stuff instead of a male one, haha.

All in all, happy to have gone with Dr Chia, and my hubby said if we have a 2nd kid, we'll go to her again.

Hi ourlittlepony,

Can u share the consultation cost and the delivery package at Mt E with me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, for me, my very first checkup I went to Dr Adrian Woodworth at thomson medical (choa chu kang), but felt like my consultation with him was very rushed, like 5 mins kind, even my mum who was with me said to me "huh, that's all?", so my hubby suggested to see Dr Chia Yee Tien for my next appt since she consults at night at Edinburgh clinic. We were more comfortable cuz felt she was very professional and experienced (though yes, quite direct but that's fine by us) so went with her for the rest of my pregnancy. Truth be told, she got more friendly as I proceeded later in my pregnancy anyway. We didn't get the package at 20 weeks cuz felt it wasn't worth it, was cheaper for us to pay by visit. I can't remember what was the package price though.

Anyway, though she is supposed to be able to deliver at Mt A, she doesn't want to go there to deliver, and told us to go to Mt E. Told us honestly that it takes much longer for her to get to Mt A just to see us, and anyway she produced a piece of paper with special rates for 2-bedder at Mt E that were only slightly more ex compared to Mt A pricing. I believe during my time there were many mummies who were seeing Dr Woodworth and he also didn't wanna go Mt A, and convinced them to go Thomson also, so for mummies who are super keen on Mt A might be better off looking for a Mt A gynae.

During my delivery, I was glad that I went with Mt E. Dr Chia dropped by every few hours to check on me since her clinic was nearby. Also, my baby wasn't exactly in a right position, and being the expert that she was, she somehow reached in to adjust my daughter's head! It was a relatively difficult labour for me, but I believe if I were seeing a less experienced gynae, I would have been an emergency c-sect case, yet Dr Chia managed to deliver me naturally with light vac-assist. Stitches fully healed by 6 weeks post partum check at Edinburgh.

Fast forward to post partum period, I went to Dr Chia when I thought I had mastitis since she was a female gynae. She diagnosed that they were just blocked ducts and helped me to clear them. After a few weeks, I thought I had blocked ducts again and went to see her, and she told me I had skin infection on my breasts, and prescribed me antibiotics. Call me old school, but it's great to have a female gynae to help with such stuff instead of a male one, haha.

All in all, happy to have gone with Dr Chia, and my hubby said if we have a 2nd kid, we'll go to her again.

Hi ourlittlepony,

Do u mind to share the consultation fee and the delivery package at Mt E with me?

Thanks for the detailed sharing. I just got to know that Dr Chia no longer offer package from Week 20, but so far my experience with her has been reassuring and good so we will most likely go ahead with her for the rest of the pregnancy :)

Thanks for the detailed sharing. I just got to know that Dr Chia no longer offer package from Week 20, but so far my experience with her has been reassuring and good so we will most likely go ahead with her for the rest of the pregnancy :)

Haha BBotw, u are most welcomed. Anyway since my last post, I got preggy again so am now expecting my #2 and seeing Dr Chia too. She is definitely more friendly and warm the 2nd time round in my personal opinion. My EDD is March 24, how about u? =]

Mine is 5 March. So far have done the NT scan (Week 16) and going for the FA scan in about 3 weeks' time. To be honest, i did find her a bit stern during my 1st visit to her but gradually she seems to be more friendly. Her experience and qualification is no doubt solid, after seeing her wall of accolades in her Mount E clinic..

Fellow March mummy! Haha yeah... She's definitely not exactly motherly to her patients... But ok lar, this time round she does crack jokes even, which she didn't for my #1. Haha....

Hi.. I'm an Apr mummy and seeing Dr Chia now. She has now change her appointment days to Mondays and Fridays at Edinburgh clinic. She is really direct and we are fine w it as she explains things clearly. However, I'm v worried about the Mt E package.. will it be v ex?

Hi adelzline, there's no change, her visits at Edinburgh clinic were always on Monday and Friday nights :) At least, since I was seeing her in Feb 2014... As for the Mt E package, she offered a special rate for double bedder that was quite comparable with Mt A's charges, so if you're going with double bedder then not much of an issue I guess. For ourselves we went with Mt E single bedder and I had an assisted natural delivery with epidural... I remember the cash we paid after Medisave was about 5+k. Hope this estimation helps!

Hmmm, I do have a friend who went through vbac with her, cuz like you, had a csect for her #1. You could check with Dr Chia about whether you're suitable I guess.

Hi.. I'm an Apr mummy and seeing Dr Chia now. She has now change her appointment days to Mondays and Fridays at Edinburgh clinic. She is really direct and we are fine w it as she explains things clearly. However, I'm v worried about the Mt E package.. will it be v ex?

I just had my Week 20 detailed scan appointment with Dr Chia yesterday. If you are looking at normal delivery, her estimated Doctor's fees is now $2,000 to $4,500. For C-sect it is $4,500 to $6,000. In addition, there is also the daily consultation fees ($100-$200/day) and paediatrician fees ($100-$200/day) and additional $600-$1,200 for the anesthetist to inject the epidural (Note this does not cover the cost of the epidural itself, which is charged by Mount E under the hospitalisation package). Above rates all exclude GST.

Hope this info helps!

Back