hcg levels rising after miscarriage

celestaseah

I have been an emotional rollercoaster and I am not sure how much more I can take. I am hoping someone has had a similar experience and can give some advice.

I started to spot the day after I found out I was pregnant. I went to my gyane and he say i would miscarry. Long story cut short ,I have had two ultrasounds which have shown nothing. On monday I had incredible pains and bleeding quite alot and blood clogs .. I was devestated but had accepted it. I went to the doctors because he said they need to do hcg test . I have had two tests and both times the levels have gone up. first test was 120, today tested 160. I told her there is no way I can be pregnant with all the bleeding and with what I passed but dr say they wouldn't do anything while the levels are still rising. i will need to do another hcg test next week. Has anyone ever gone through anything similar?

Ur HCG should doubled. Increase by 40 is not good enough. Maybe there are still HCG in Ur body that was detected. No matter what. At least a sac to be seen in ultrasound unless u r very early in pregnancy. I have not gone through this but I had chemical pregnancy before. 1st blood test doubled but 2nd it was gone. I have bleeding like normal menses. There are unexplainable pregnancy especially Chemical. I take it God just had a joke on me. Nevertheless. Don't give up if this pregnancy is not viable. I didn't give up after 1 chemical and 1 dnc (sac with no baby). And I have my 1 yr old girl with me now. Jia You!

Whatever gonna happen. It's fate ya.. be it good or bad. Just be mentally prepared. Hugs! It's OK to cry.. once over. . Move on.. don't look back anymore. If it's good news. Definitely happy for u.

Using hubby's account to share my story.

I also started spotting on the day I tested positive in 2013. I went to see gynae the next day but nothing was found during ultrasound as too early stage. He also think I would miscarry naturally. I was told to go back 1 week later. No hsg test was done.

During the 1 week wait, I spot pink and bright red, bleed (till toilet bowl is red after urine) and even see large blood clots when wipe. See chinese physician, she said my pregnancy pluse very weak and advise that this pregnancy may not be viable. She unwilling gave me some antai medicine after I beg her.

The 2nd visit manage to find sac. But spotting and bleeding continue. The 3rd visit found heartbeat. Spotting and bleeding continue all the way till late 2nd trimester. I managed to give birth safely at wk 38.

All those time my Gynae and Chinese Physician kept telling me that my pregnancy was not viable. But they were happy that every time I see them my fetus is growing. Though I am quite scare and frustrated then, but I still try to lead a normal life, going to work as usual, no bed rest at all.

Try your best to be at ease. If you believe the fetus still in you, try talking to it. Tell it how much you love and want it and ask it to be strong and sticky. Wish you all the best.

you may want to double check - it could be ectopic pregnancy, which means the fetus could be stuck in one of your tubes. it is quite dangerous to leave it.

Celestaseah, so did u manage to see the sac/ yolk these 1-2 days.? If no, u shd do a more detailed check, based on the trend that hcg shd double, your hcg level shd b quite substantial now and if u dont see any sac/yolk, you shd really do a more detailed chk, not to compromise your own health.

Its only 1419 today. Not double and dr say its not good. Plus nope, cannot manage to find sac;( tmr gg back for detail scan.

Did you seek a second opinion?... I had a false alarm on ectopic pregnancy recently. Dunno is my bad luck that the gynae really inexperienced or they are using some lousy old-school ultrasound machine. I had to fork out extra for a detail scan at the diagnostic imaging dept to see the sac they missed at the 24hrs O&G clinic...

Hi celestaseah,

Wld suggest you go to 24 o&g @ kkh to scan for second opinion. They hv radiologists and can let u know the results immd. If it is ectopic pregnancy, u shdnt delay your treatment further as it is life-threatening. Hope all is fine for u.

Did you seek a second opinion?... I had a false alarm on ectopic pregnancy recently. Dunno is my bad luck that the gynae really inexperienced or they are using some lousy old-school ultrasound machine. I had to fork out extra for a detail scan at the diagnostic imaging dept to see the sac they missed at the 24hrs O&G clinic...
Wa which gynae - v irresponsible to diagnose something which is untrue...

Earlier, I had a spotting episode after our regular gynae's office hours so hubby brought me to KKH 24hrs O&G. I was still very early into the pregnancy, based on LMP 5wks so the gynae on duty did a transvaginal scan and concluded she can't see anything. Fine, so she told us she wouldn't rule out ectopic pregnancy or give me any medications to ease the cramps and spotting or support the pregnancy. Did a routine blood test, tell us to come back 3 days later for another scan and sent us home.

The next day 8am, I received their call informing that my blood test results came back positive with high HCG level and they wanted me back for a detailed scan asap as it's highly possible to be an ectopic pregnancy. I was so worried and driving in tears to the hospital. Long story short, the gestational sac was found along with the yolk sac in the additional detailed scan at their diagnostic imaging dept. Though there is no fetal pole seen yet but the sac is measuring more than 7mm. When we went back to the 24hrs O&G to review the results, it was a different gynae on duty. Nonetheless, I had to ask why and how they could miss it in the first scan. She explained the machine they have there is just not so clear... o_O

I am in wk 11 now... All is fine. Be it my bad luck, I have serious doubts about returning to KKH.

Take care celestaseah.

I actually never go back KKH anymore ever since I had my first lost. Not professional at all and the scanning tech is horrible. She passed me the scan result and ask me wait at gyane door and the front page written so big saying "No fetus Pole found " that's when u start crying outside waiting for my number. The scan tech was teaching another lady on how to perform a scan. I didn't sign up as a lab rat. I was a private patient some more. It was a 30 min session. After the scan. It was painful cos they have been searching and searching. I leaves me from spotting to bleeding. When I eventually seen gyane. She didn't scan me herself and Base on paper ask me to schedule for a dnc. I didn't. I went for a second opinion at Mount E and the gyane found my sac the minute he starts.and concluded got sac no baby. I had my dnc immediately cos I wan a closure to a continously 4 weeks spotting crying and worrying. So I told myself. Should I have future pregnancy. I will never ever go back to KKH. Indeed. I didn't. I delivered my girl in TMC.

Earlier, I had a spotting episode after our regular gynae's office hours so hubby brought me to KKH 24hrs O&G. I was still very early into the pregnancy, based on LMP 5wks so the gynae on duty did a transvaginal scan and concluded she can't see anything. Fine, so she told us she wouldn't rule out ectopic pregnancy or give me any medications to ease the cramps and spotting or support the pregnancy. Did a routine blood test, tell us to come back 3 days later for another scan and sent us home.

The next day 8am, I received their call informing that my blood test results came back positive with high HCG level and they wanted me back for a detailed scan asap as it's highly possible to be an ectopic pregnancy. I was so worried and driving in tears to the hospital. Long story short, the gestational sac was found along with the yolk sac in the additional detailed scan at their diagnostic imaging dept. Though there is no fetal pole seen yet but the sac is measuring more than 7mm. When we went back to the 24hrs O&G to review the results, it was a different gynae on duty. Nonetheless, I had to ask why and how they could miss it in the first scan. She explained the machine they have there is just not so clear... o_O

I am in wk 11 now... All is fine. Be it my bad luck, I have serious doubts about returning to KKH.
Ya, the O&G machine is quite old...but ok la, at the very least she did not do anything rash...take care!

Back