IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello sisters, does anyone know if you can transfer from one Govt hospital to another? Last time I transferred from SGH to private because it was my private practice gynae who referred me to SGH for the fertility treatment. My gynae is now retired from OB practice and no longer deliver babies. So I now need to look for new gynae. I have no intention to stay with SGH because the wait to see doctor at O&G is simply too long. It took me almost 3 hours last week!

I am considering NUH now because it is near home and I went there to see the Lactation Consultant last time. The environment is pretty welcoming and nurses are nice. In addition, they also have good pediatric clinics and my son's pd is visiting there too. I am just not sure if we can transfer from one Govt hospital to another. Any idea?
Can just make appt with ur preferred gynae @ nuh

All govt hospitals share same patient db (if I didn't remember wrongly la)

:)

Hi sisters sorry to be asking again as am newbie to fet. Today is cd3. Can I check when should I start taking raspberry tea and red bean soup to build lining for fet. Am going kk on cd 8 which is on coming Monday for scan. Also since its natural fet believe must grow follicle. Should I take egg whites n if so hw many a day pls. Thanks.

Dear all
I'm grateful to those who are concerned / worried abt my status and I'm sorry I have not been replying to your pm or WhatsApp
I'm really hoping I have bb dusts to spread ard but sadly I dont
Sat, I went to retake my beta and it did went up from 2049.6 to ard 3913. They did a scan and couldn't find a sac and can't cfm if the mass found earlier is in fact the sac as there have not been an increase in size. Was told to come back in another week for scan and I remained hopeful until Sun morn when the brown/red spotting started again then followed by more fresh bleed with blood clots. There was no pain or cramps and I was alr on extra support so didn't rush to O&G immediately. Thereafter the spotting continued on and off. Until tdy when I had bad cramps and sudden heavy flow like menses again then off to O&G. Again they couldn't locate any sac and the mass still didn't increase in size (which means it isn't the sac after all since it will continue to grow). Was diagnosed with blighted ovum and given meds to dissolve the pregnancy.
Was pretty gutted by the entire episode. Felt somewhat bitter and like I'm been taken on a wild goose chase.... Have... Don't have... Have again and finally, still don't have
I rather skip all of these and got the straightforward BFN, at least there won't be so much anguish. Was quite traumatised by it all... Not sure if I wanna proceed with my FET next. I learnt that no amount of time, efforts, money, supplements, TCM and acupuncture etc will create magic if God is not willing in the first place. I'm sorry if I sounded negative, I just kinda come to terms with myself and accepted that it's not meant to be but I have tried my best so I have no regrets I guess.
I embarked on this journey becos of my stillborn baby, couldn't truely get over it but it's time to let go and move on with life. I have other children so even though I do feel gutted and heartbroken, maybe it's easier for me to move on. I have been so obsessed with having another baby that I have neglected my kids during these period. Everything happens for a reason. I should count my blessing and cherish ppl that's already in my life. Maybe God wanted me to set my priorities right.
This will be my first and last fresh. I have 3 frozen embryos, maybe I will give them my last try. But right now, I feel I need to embrace a healing journey instead.
To sisters still pursuing ur dreams, I sincerely hope each one of you gets what your heart desires. If for whatever reason, things doesn't work out for you, I hope you will be at peace with yourself too and find other meanings in life (whichever that is)
Apologies for the long-winded post. I prob won't be ard here much but jiayou to all and take care. With love.

@ dramaqueenie
Just don't give up. Ya you're right , no matter what has happened , life still need to move on.
I can understand you, IVF journey is not easy. Like me , I have just gone through a failed FET.
Can you imagine that you were waiting for ET excitingly this moment, next moment suddenly you were informed that all your embryos are not qualified to transferred . At that moment , all your mood were gone and heartbroken. Just feel like fall from the sky. But what else can do except accepts the fact and try again . So let us jia you and jia you

Hi sisters sorry to be asking again as am newbie to fet. Today is cd3. Can I check when should I start taking raspberry tea and red bean soup to build lining for fet. Am going kk on cd 8 which is on coming Monday for scan. Also since its natural fet believe must grow follicle. Should I take egg whites n if so hw many a day pls. Thanks.
Hi, my Sinseh say better avoid tea, drink red bean soup daily, lots of egg whites 4-6 per day...

Koirc, now your pregnancy stable. Just call NUH to book for gynae appt. In the meanwhile get a summary letter from your IVF Dr so that you can bring to your gynae at NUH to have better understanding of your condition now. IVF is just a process to get pregnant. Can change to other gynae. Even for KKH, after IVF u can choose to follow your Dr, change other Dr. Some IVF dr don't do delivery. Just my 2cents worth of advice.

4-6 egg whites is a lot!! I'm struggling to eat 2 a day...

Dearie, don't worry or stress yourself too much..rem stress no good
You are going for our first scan today right? Doc will only see baseline antral follicles which are likely to grow and mature with stims. After starting stims, hopefully the smaller ones which may not yet be visible in first scan will grow and you will only know in next scan how many follicles you are expecting.

Along the way, you can then get assurance from doc whether you will be at risk of OHSS.
If at risk, should increase egg whites which are the quickest way to get highest protein per whole food.

If not at risk of OHSS, I would recommend to still take at least 2 eggs plus protein rich foods in your meals as these also enhance your ovarian health and eggs to grow. For this purpose, my tcm doc also said it is good to take more egg whites for egg growth.
If you are not taking enough protein rich foods (e.g. chicken, fish) in your meals, then consider taking more egg whites during stims and after stims can resume to 2 eggs + variety of protein rich foods.

Last edited:
You are going for our first scan today right? Doc will only see baseline astral follicles which are likely to grow and mature with stims. After starting stims, hopefully the smaller ones which may not yet be visible in first scan will grow and you will only know in next scan how many follicles you are expecting.

Along the way, you can then get assurance from doc whether you will be at risk of OHSS.
If at risk, should increase egg whites which are the quickest way to get highest protein per whole food.

If not at risk of OHSS, I would recommend to still take at least 2 eggs plus protein rich foods in your meals as these also enhance your ovarian health and eggs to grow. For this purpose, my tcm doc also said it is good to take more egg whites for egg growth.
If you are not taking enough protein rich foods (e.g. chicken, fish) in your meals, then consider taking more egg whites during stims and after stims can resume to 2 eggs + variety of protein rich foods.

Hi, thanks for sharing. may I ask on the protein diet, the doctor never mention anything on diet to me. Is that from the TCM sinseh?

Did my second blood test, and was told the E2 hormone is very low. And hence they increase the dose of gonalf. Pretty worried, and need to go for another scan and testing tomorrow.

Hi, thanks for sharing. may I ask on the protein diet, the doctor never mention anything on diet to me. Is that from the TCM sinseh?

Did my second blood test, and was told the E2 hormone is very low. And hence they increase the dose of gonalf. Pretty worried, and need to go for another scan and testing tomorrow.
Hello cowmoomoo.
As we may have different conditions so i think it will be good to provide some background on my case. I embarked on ivf due to sperm issues. On my part, no issue apart from age factor (am 38yo) though baseline CD2 hormones and HSG x-ray all good. My general health also no issue, i.e. no cholesterol or high BP issue.

My doc just say have balanced diet and must have folic acid (min 400mcg). I'm taking blackmores conceive well, fish oil and CoQ10 and he said good enough. Only after 2nd icsi, he advised me to start taking DHEA (2x25mg) daily. I started TCM acupuncture in Jan'15 after 1st failed icsi.

Although I have good number of eggs retrieved, mature eggs and fertilization rate not as ideal. Although embryo quality is excellent or good, never succeed with D2 transfer yet.
For 3rd icsi, we saw good improvement. Though fresh D2 transfer BFN, we had 10 frozen embryos left and are going to try grow them to D5 for FET in Nov'15.

The eggs whites (actually really high protein foods) is targeted at OHSS as I am high risk (came down with mild OHSS in 1st ICSI). Otherwise I have always been taking at least 1, if not 2 whole eggs daily as my normal diet. It was only later when sharing with my TCM doc, that she mentioned it is good for egg health.

There could be many reasons for low E2 (e.g. hormonal imbalance due to low BMI, poor ovarian function, ovarian cysts etc) and it is important to know what is your case. Some conditions need medical treatment while others can rely on diet and TCM. One major concern with low estrogen during follicle phase is inability to grow the uterine lining to ideal thickness but note this is only one effect and not the cause. If you simply follow a diet suggested to enhance uterine lining without knowing the cause of low E2, it is dangerous as it can worsen underlying conditions.

You are already in your stims period so I would advise to follow your doc's guidance. As E2 is produced by mainly in the ovaries by the eggs, it is used to indicate your ovarian response to the stim meds. During stims, the aim is to recruit as many follicles as possible to get the most number of eggs so it is logical that doc will increase stim meds. If lining is not thick enough for fresh transfer, it is common to freeze all so that in FET, you and doc can focus on building lining to prep for transfer. Sudden shift in your diet or medication without doc supervision is not advisable.

This is based on my understanding from doc as I asked my doc tons of questions when starting and along in this IVF journey. It is important to advocate for yourself, whenever you feel worried or in doubt, ask doc, e.g ask doc why increase or change stim meds, what does it mean if E2 very low, what should you do. Don't fret if doc says nothing much you can do now. I get that from my doc too but the facts will help you know what to focus on. Ultimately you need to feel trust in doc to work his magic through his protocol.

sorry long post again. I very long winded but really just hope to help. Don't worry too much. Stay positive and jia you k.

Last edited:
You are going for our first scan today right? Doc will only see baseline antral follicles which are likely to grow and mature with stims. After starting stims, hopefully the smaller ones which may not yet be visible in first scan will grow and you will only know in next scan how many follicles you are expecting.

Thanks sista! Yup went scan this morning, don't have so many eggs but seem to be growing ok. Still need to go for 2-3 scans before confirming ER. Asked the doc she said if all goes well, should be tentatively mid of next week.

I'm a bit confused about the egg whites, raspberry tea consumption. Should we still continue during 2ww?

Hello cowmoomoo.
As we may have different conditions so i think it will be good to provide some background on my case. I embarked on ivf due to sperm issues. On my part, no issue apart from age factor (am 38yo) though baseline CD2 hormones and HSG x-ray all good. My general health also no issue, i.e. no cholesterol or high BP issue.

My doc just say have balanced diet and must have folic acid (min 400mcg). I'm taking blackmores conceive well, fish oil and CoQ10 and he said good enough. Only after 2nd icsi, he advised me to start taking DHEA (2x25mg) daily. I started TCM acupuncture in Jan'15 after 1st failed icsi.

Although I have good number of eggs retrieved, mature eggs and fertilization rate not as ideal. Although embryo quality is excellent or good, never succeed with D2 transfer yet.
For 3rd icsi, we saw good improvement. Though fresh D2 transfer BFN, we had 10 frozen embryos left and are going to try grow them to D5 for FET in Nov'15.

The eggs whites (actually really high protein foods) is targeted at OHSS as I am high risk (came down with mild OHSS in 1st ICSI). Otherwise I have always been taking at least 1, if not 2 whole eggs daily as my normal diet. It was only later when sharing with my TCM doc, that she mentioned it is good for egg health.

There could be many reasons for low E2 (e.g. hormonal imbalance due to low BMI, poor ovarian function, ovarian cysts etc) and it is important to know what is your case. Some conditions need medical treatment while others can rely on diet and TCM. One major concern with low estrogen during follicle phase is inability to grow the uterine lining to ideal thickness but note this is only one effect and not the cause. If you simply follow a diet suggested to enhance uterine lining without knowing the cause of low E2, it is dangerous as it can worsen underlying conditions.

You are already in your stims period so I would advise to follow your doc's guidance. As E2 is produced by mainly in the ovaries by the eggs, it is used to indicate your ovarian response to the stim meds. During stims, the aim is to recruit as many follicles as possible to get the most number of eggs so it is logical that doc will increase stim meds. If lining is not thick enough for fresh transfer, it is common to freeze all so that in FET, you and doc can focus on building lining to prep for transfer. Sudden shift in your diet or medication without doc supervision is not advisable.

This is based on my understanding from doc as I asked my doc tons of questions when starting and along in this IVF journey. It is important to advocate for yourself, whenever you feel worried or in doubt, ask doc, e.g ask doc why increase or change stim meds, what does it mean if E2 very low, what should you do. Don't fret if doc says nothing much you can do now. I get that from my doc too but the facts will help you know what to focus on. Ultimately you need to feel trust in doc to work his magic through his protocol.

sorry long post again. I very long winded but really just hope to help. Don't worry too much. Stay positive and jia you k.

Thank you for the post! really appreciate it! For my issues, I have PCOS and my husband sperm count is very low. Doctor did not mention anything but to increase the stimulating injection as my E2 at Day 5 is lower than average. And there isn't any dates set for ER as of now which I guess can only determined next Monday. everything is uncertain now.

And does that mean that after ER, there are several checks which includes the lining check, if it is too thin, they will also not proceed with ET. I really admire all your perseverance!

Hi all mummies-to-be,

I just had my scan on day 12 today. Is it normal to have 5 eggs for retrieval? The doctor said my ER will be on this Saturday. 2 of my eggs are very big, around 20mm. I have 3-4 immature eggs. Need to do ER asap. I am worried I do not have enough eggs for ER.

Thanks sista! Yup went scan this morning, don't have so many eggs but seem to be growing ok. Still need to go for 2-3 scans before confirming ER. Asked the doc she said if all goes well, should be tentatively mid of next week.

I'm a bit confused about the egg whites, raspberry tea consumption. Should we still continue during 2ww?
Dearie, seems your r likely low risk for OHSS. TFC's standard guidelines for post transfer for all patients is to continue protein rich foods as preventive measure in case OHSS may strike if u bfp later.

If u are having balanced diet with chicken or fish, then no need so many egg whites in your case. You can have 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites along with varied protein like fish/ chicken. Don't stress, if miss one day still ok one.

I'm not taking raspberry leaf tea as I do not need it. It is advised to avoid it after ovulation so stop upon ER. Good read on red raspberry leaf tea for fertility - http://natural-fertility-info.com/red-raspberry-leaf.html

Hello cowmoomoo.

I love reading your posts! V good info!

Officially on 2WW liao~~ the nurse was very concerned about OHSS (I had 17 eggs retrieved, only 5 usable ones and 3 under observation). Was given an option whether to wait till the 2 top embbies turn into blasties, but I thought since quantity is not on my side, I rather not take the risk. We went ahead with the D2 transfer. It's really up to the 2 embbies how they want themselves to be already :)

By the way, if one has OHSS post transfer, there is a good chance of BFP :p

Thank you for the post! really appreciate it! For my issues, I have PCOS and my husband sperm count is very low. Doctor did not mention anything but to increase the stimulating injection as my E2 at Day 5 is lower than average. And there isn't any dates set for ER as of now which I guess can only determined next Monday. everything is uncertain now.

And does that mean that after ER, there are several checks which includes the lining check, if it is too thin, they will also not proceed with ET. I really admire all your perseverance!
Dearie, eggs usually start growing slowly at early stages. After D5 doc expect follicles to be of certain size (8-10mm) and E2 to increase. The small follicles or low E2 are indications for doc to increase stims which is pretty standard.

Only when follicles are about 12mm, they will then grow at more predictable rate of 2mm daily. That's when doc can then better estimate likely ER date. Now it's still too early. If it helps, I only knew my estimate ER date at 3rd scan and doc added 4th scan on which he then confirm trigger jab n actual ER date.

During the stim period, doc will also monitor your lining during scans so don't worry as doc will advise you.

PCOS condition usually hv high risk of OHSS as tend to over respond to stim meds. High blood E2 is an indication of this risk but since you r tested low e2 by day 5 of stims, that's why doc can still increase stim meds. You may increase intake of protein rich foods but electrolyte fluids like Gatorade or 100plus may have too much sugars which is bad for PCOS so have to be cautious. Different causes of PCOS have different complications so best to consult & follow doc's advise before you change/add supplements or diet.

Last edited:
Hi all mummies-to-be,

I just had my scan on day 12 today. Is it normal to have 5 eggs for retrieval? The doctor said my ER will be on this Saturday. 2 of my eggs are very big, around 20mm. I have 3-4 immature eggs. Need to do ER asap. I am worried I do not have enough eggs for ER.
Hi Paperclip. Do be positive and root for your eggies. Doc already confirm ER on Sat so trust doc to do his job. Tonight go for trigger jab le. What u need to do is to eat well, don't stress, keep well hydrated, rest well to prep your body for ER. Will be praying all goes well for you. Jia you k!

Officially on 2WW liao~~ the nurse was very concerned about OHSS (I had 17 eggs retrieved, only 5 usable ones and 3 under observation). Was given an option whether to wait till the 2 top embbies turn into blasties, but I thought since quantity is not on my side, I rather not take the risk. We went ahead with the D2 transfer. It's really up to the 2 embbies how they want themselves to be already :)

Talk to your growing embies let them feel lots of love & warmth :) jia you, jia you!

Dearie, seems your r likely low risk for OHSS. TFC's standard guidelines for post transfer for all patients is to continue protein rich foods as preventive measure in case OHSS may strike if u bfp later.

If u are having balanced diet with chicken or fish, then no need so many egg whites in your case. You can have 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites along with varied protein like fish/ chicken. Don't stress, if miss one day still ok one.

I'm not taking raspberry leaf tea as I do not need it. It is advised to avoid it after ovulation so stop upon ER. Good read on red raspberry leaf tea for fertility - http://natural-fertility-info.com/red-raspberry-leaf.html
Noted, thanks sista! =)

Welcome to 2ww! Although I'm not there yet! Will join you soon =)

Hey, this morning you were at KKH?

Hi all mummies-to-be,

Sister, don't worry about quantity. That's out of anyone's control. Listen to Spinsterella...1 egg, 1 embryo and got pregnant!!! Some people many eggs, in the end none suitable for transfer.

So, most importantly is not to stress. drink a lot of water, rest a lot and pray hard for the rest of the follicles to grow well!

I was at KKH this morning. I arrived before 9 am waiting for scan. I don't know if anyone was there this morning too. I waited for 2 hours plus before my turn to scan. Then wait another 2 hours for blood test and injection. Tonight I will be going to the 24 hour clinic for injections again. Saturday will be my big day.

Back