Any Good Maid Agency to recommend?

decembersag

Hi Mummies,

I intend to hire a maid to help out with the housework so that my in laws can focus to take care bb.

Any gd maid agency to recommend?

No gd agency...it's all depend on e maid itself.
kao_biggrin.gif

u can try net resources, the agent name Leo(katong branch), maids they recommended was very good and hardworking

Try Abssist Employment Agency at Bukit Timah Shooping Centre. My Sis got a maid within less than a month from them recently. Patient toward baby and hard working. Call Kenneth at 9230 0016. I am going to get mine from them as well. Heard they are charging $0 agency fee for indo maid. Hope this is useful to you. Cheers!

People please don't approach A. Pratama Maid Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre which is run by Desmond Phoon. Their services are really bad. If you have any issues with maids, they will side with the maids.

Please do not go to Far East Employment at Bt Timah Shopping Centre. They have another branch in the same building call Nanyang. Although the agency fee is low, $128, they have a lot of hidden costs esp. replacement fee even though it said it is free unlimited replacement. Very poor after sales service. The boss's sister is the manager of the outlet and she even gave wrong advice regarding my ex-Filipino's maid home leave. It is obvious she is not well versed with Philippine's procedures. I spoke to Philippine Embassy's staff and found out that Far East is not accredited with the embassy, meaning, they do not meet the embassy's standard. Recently I check the agency's record on MOM website, apparently Far East has 8 demerit points! If I had known earlier, I would not have use them.

It is the 2nd agency I dealt with. Initially I thought the previous agency, SLF Green Maid, I used is bad enough but Far East is worse.

SLF Green is terrible.. The fresh Philippines maid i chosen - after 3.5 mths still not arrived!

Told me will take 2-3 mths to come. If it's going to take 4 mths then I can find another agency or even choose my selection of maids earlier. V terrible!

i gave up on getting Philippines maids, taking too long to come... :mad: i got my Indo maid in within 2 weeks thankfully. Call ng@90121110, he is the coordinator i liase with. he only do indo and myanmar though.

Hope this helps

Yes i totally agreed... SLF Green is the WORSE LOT !!!

They side with the maid & give you attitude prob !!!!!

My only experience with maid agency so far is only with SLF Green Hougang. I had a positive experience with them. The maid reached Singapore 1 week earlier. Being a first time employer, the agent even guided me along on how I should handle the new helper. I picked one of their recommended ex-Sin and she turns out to be a great help. Her English language skills are better than expected. Work wise is diligent and meticulous.

One thing I noted is the agents at SLF are quite fierce to the maids.

Last edited:
I have one Myammar maid for transfer. She is good with children and housework. Sending her back to agency end of the month but can interview her. She cannot cook. Hence, I am sending back. I think her loan left abt 2 mth plus. If u are not fussy about her not able to cook should be ok. For me no choice as I am giving birth soon. Need someone to help me at home with cooking.

No off day. Can speak Eng

I have one Myammar maid for transfer. She is good with children and housework. Sending her back to agency end of the month but can interview her. She cannot cook. Hence, I am sending back. I think her loan left abt 2 mth plus. If u are not fussy about her not able to cook should be ok. For me no choice as I am giving birth soon. Need someone to help me at home with cooking.

No off day. Can speak Eng

Hi twin_mummy, have you tried training her? My helper also said she can't cook when she first came. But later as I asked her to assist me with food preparation, I realised she can cook from her knife skills but just that she's worried she can't cook to our taste. After guiding her for a while, she's now able to cook simple meals on her own.

I am working mum so really no time to teach. By the time i come back 7plus. So that is why preferred to find one that can already cook.

I see. For my helper, after the first week I now only need to tell her what dishes I want and just remind her not too oily or salty she'll do the rest. She can cook soup, stir fry vegetables, fried fish/meat, steam meat/fish etc. She can read simple English so I can print recipes for her to follow too. Initially I was worried when she said she couldn't cook, but I decided to give it a try as I find her hardworking and initiative with house cleaning (after hearing lots of horror stories of bad maids).

I see... that is nice to hear. I think need time and effort. But for me, already almost 7 mths pregnant... the energy level not there already. Hehe. But Myammar usually good attitude

I'm also about 7 months now. Yes energy level is hard to maintain. There's not a lot to do around the house for now, so hope my helper attitude will be able to maintain after I give birth. Heard stories of unhygenic Myanmar maids, but luckily she's been good so far and her cleaning standards are way better than expected. She doesn't take short cuts but of course expect cleaning time to be slightly longer since she moves everything out to clean.

Are you planning on getting another Myanmar maid?

Nope. Probably an Indonesian. Previous maid was indonesian. I am bit more comfortable w indonesian although everyhing depends on luck.

Back