IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dear all
I'm grateful to those who are concerned / worried abt my status and I'm sorry I have not been replying to your pm or WhatsApp
I'm really hoping I have bb dusts to spread ard but sadly I dont
Sat, I went to retake my beta and it did went up from 2049.6 to ard 3913. They did a scan and couldn't find a sac and can't cfm if the mass found earlier is in fact the sac as there have not been an increase in size. Was told to come back in another week for scan and I remained hopeful until Sun morn when the brown/red spotting started again then followed by more fresh bleed with blood clots. There was no pain or cramps and I was alr on extra support so didn't rush to O&G immediately. Thereafter the spotting continued on and off. Until tdy when I had bad cramps and sudden heavy flow like menses again then off to O&G. Again they couldn't locate any sac and the mass still didn't increase in size (which means it isn't the sac after all since it will continue to grow). Was diagnosed with blighted ovum and given meds to dissolve the pregnancy.
Was pretty gutted by the entire episode. Felt somewhat bitter and like I'm been taken on a wild goose chase.... Have... Don't have... Have again and finally, still don't have
I rather skip all of these and got the straightforward BFN, at least there won't be so much anguish. Was quite traumatised by it all... Not sure if I wanna proceed with my FET next. I learnt that no amount of time, efforts, money, supplements, TCM and acupuncture etc will create magic if God is not willing in the first place. I'm sorry if I sounded negative, I just kinda come to terms with myself and accepted that it's not meant to be but I have tried my best so I have no regrets I guess.
I embarked on this journey becos of my stillborn baby, couldn't truely get over it but it's time to let go and move on with life. I have other children so even though I do feel gutted and heartbroken, maybe it's easier for me to move on. I have been so obsessed with having another baby that I have neglected my kids during these period. Everything happens for a reason. I should count my blessing and cherish ppl that's already in my life. Maybe God wanted me to set my priorities right.
This will be my first and last fresh. I have 3 frozen embryos, maybe I will give them my last try. But right now, I feel I need to embrace a healing journey instead.
To sisters still pursuing ur dreams, I sincerely hope each one of you gets what your heart desires. If for whatever reason, things doesn't work out for you, I hope you will be at peace with yourself too and find other meanings in life (whichever that is)
Apologies for the long-winded post. I prob won't be ard here much but jiayou to all and take care. With love.

*HUGS
We are here for you! Stay strong!

@dramaqueenie, you had been very strong... Following your story, can truly feel the roller coaster ride. Take your time, rest and decide again when to visit your frosties. somehow all these are fated... Always think positive and shower your love to your loved ones.

Dear all
I'm grateful to those who are concerned / worried abt my status and I'm sorry I have not been replying to your pm or WhatsApp
Sat, I went to retake my beta and it did went up from 2049.6 to ard 3913. They did a scan and couldn't find a sac and can't cfm if the mass found earlier is in fact the sac as there have not been an increase in size. Was told to come back in another week for scan and I remained hopeful until Sun morn when the brown/red spotting started again then followed by more fresh bleed with blood clots. There was no pain or cramps and I was alr on extra support so didn't rush to O&G immediately. Thereafter the spotting continued on and off. Until tdy when I had bad cramps and sudden heavy flow like menses again then off to O&G. Again they couldn't locate any sac and the mass still didn't increase in size (which means it isn't the sac after all since it will continue to grow). Was diagnosed with blighted ovum and given meds to dissolve the pregnancy.
Was pretty gutted by the entire episode. Felt somewhat bitter and like I'm been taken on a wild goose chase.... Have... Don't have... Have again and finally, still don't have
I rather skip all of these and got the straightforward BFN, at least there won't be so much anguish. Was quite traumatised by it all... Not sure if I wanna proceed with my FET next. I learnt that no amount of time, efforts, money, supplements, TCM and acupuncture etc will create magic if God is not willing in the first place. I'm sorry if I sounded negative, I just kinda come to terms with myself and accepted that it's not meant to be but I have tried my best so I have no regrets I guess.
I embarked on this journey becos of my stillborn baby, couldn't truely get over it but it's time to let go and move on with life. I have other children so even though I do feel gutted and heartbroken, maybe it's easier for me to move on. I have been so obsessed with having another baby that I have neglected my kids during these period. Everything happens for a reason. I should count my blessing and cherish ppl that's already in my life. Maybe God wanted me to set my priorities right.
This will be my first and last fresh. I have 3 frozen embryos, maybe I will give them my last try. But right now, I feel I need to embrace a healing journey instead.
To sisters still pursuing ur dreams, I sincerely hope each one of you gets what your heart desires. If for whatever reason, things doesn't work out for you, I hope you will be at peace with yourself too and find other meanings in life (whichever that is)
Apologies for the long-winded post. I prob won't be ard here much but jiayou to all and take care. With love.
We have all been quietly following your posts and hope/pray the best for you. Sometimes in life,we don't always get what we want. Perhaps is a blessing in disguise and you'll come back stronger the next time round. It has been a tough period of time for you. Have a good rest, and then recuperate mentally and physically. Your family will always be there for you, do remember to cherish these previous moments. When your kids are grown up, you'll realize that we didn't spend enough time with them ( no matter how much time we had with them). Take care dramaqueenie and stay positive in life as always!

Thanks so much cherylng for the info. But how's your experience with them?
Hihi, so far so good. Actually there r 2 sinsehs in that branch. I chose my this current sinseh cos i saw fr the web that he's proficient in both English & mandarin. I just feel that sometimes somethings r a bit hard to describe in Chinese. Haha

Dear all
Hugs... Rest well and have a speedy recovery...

Dear all

Stay strong @dramaqueenie! We know it tough and sad for you! Never give up! Let Jia you together! We will get bfp de!

Ok noted. How do you know you are at risk of OHSS?
Hi Sonique2001. Allow the nosy me to chime in here
Those who have many follicles during stims are likely high risk for ohss. OHSS may develop upon hcg hormone jab to trigger maturation of eggs for ER. It rarely becomes severe but can be life threatening if it does. It is time limiting condition such that it should subside on its own unless in severe cases where urgent medical treatment is required.

Protein rich foods like egg whites and electrolyte balancing fluids like Gatorade are some recommended ways to prevent and relieve OHSS. If you are at risk or have mild OHSS post ER, Monitor your condition and Continue these in your diet after ET as OHSS may strike or recur when your body produces hcg in the event u get pregnant.

A good read on OHSS - http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

Take care & all the best! Jia you!

Those who have many follicles during stims are likely high risk for ohss. OHSS may develop upon hcg hormone jab to trigger maturation of eggs for ER. It rarely becomes severe but can be life threatening if it does. It is time limiting condition such that it should subside on its own unless in severe cases where urgent medical treatment is required.

Protein rich foods like egg whites and electrolyte balancing fluids like Gatorade are some recommended ways to prevent and relieve OHSS. If you are at risk or have mild OHSS post ER, Monitor your condition and Continue these in your diet after ET as OHSS may strike or recur when your body produces hcg in the event u get pregnant.

A good read on OHSS - http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

Thanks DawnBB for the detailed explanation! Appreciate that! =)

Which means during 2ww, we should still continue to eat egg whites??

just see the doctor for my second scan, and was given cetrotide in addition to gonal. Anyone experience bad cramps with gonal?

Was told that the ER is projected to be Wednesday instead. How many scans do you gals have before ER?

Which means during 2ww, we should still continue to eat egg whites??
For my latest ICSI, I had about 4 egg whites starting about 3-4 days before ER. Then after ER, as i was at high risk, i increased to at least 6 egg whites daily until 5 days later (3 days after ET; mine was 2D transfer) when I feel my bloatedness has subsided. After that I resumed to my usual 2 whole eggs daily since I would also have other protein rich foods like chicken, fish in my meals.

I think it's important to monitor how you feel and any symptoms after ER. I was more kiasi this time as I came down with mild OHSS for my 1st ICSI and the ignorant me was not prepared that time.

Hope you are more informed and prepared, & all goes well for u :)

Dear all

*big hugs to you* I can't imagine what you have or are going through. But you are certainly brave and strong. Maybe you can take a break, recharge and recallibrate yourself and go for FET. Whatever it is, I wish you lots of luck. Jiayou.

For my latest ICSI, I had about 4 egg whites starting about 3-4 days before ER. Then after ER, as i was at high risk, i increased to at least 6 egg whites daily until 5 days later (3 days after ET; mine was 2D transfer) when I feel my bloatedness has subsided. After that I resumed to my usual 2 whole eggs daily since I would also have other protein rich foods like chicken, fish in my meals.

I think it's important to monitor how you feel and any symptoms after ER. I was more kiasi this time as I came down with mild OHSS for my 1st ICSI and the ignorant me was not prepared that time.

Hope you are more informed and prepared, & all goes well for u :)
Wow that's a lot of egg whites consumed! I guess I shall monitor after my ER to see how many eggs could be retrieve. My last cycle I didn't take egg whites at all, I had 9 eggs hence I didn't know or heard about OHSS before.

Thanks very much for sharing these info, DawnBB!

Hello sisters, does anyone know if you can transfer from one Govt hospital to another? Last time I transferred from SGH to private because it was my private practice gynae who referred me to SGH for the fertility treatment. My gynae is now retired from OB practice and no longer deliver babies. So I now need to look for new gynae. I have no intention to stay with SGH because the wait to see doctor at O&G is simply too long. It took me almost 3 hours last week!

I am considering NUH now because it is near home and I went there to see the Lactation Consultant last time. The environment is pretty welcoming and nurses are nice. In addition, they also have good pediatric clinics and my son's pd is visiting there too. I am just not sure if we can transfer from one Govt hospital to another. Any idea?

U can try if u wan..when is yr bt?

I did mine at d9p5dt..
Hi Xiuwenx. Big congrats on your bfp. Grabbing your be dusts!
Was this cycle a fresh or FET for you? I nvr had the courage to do hpt for all by ivf cycles so far. I imagine my heart will explode if I ever get bfp on hpt but also fear dunno how I will handle if it's negative. You must be v brave!

Wishing you and growing bb well & that you will hv a most enjoyable preggy journey! :)

Wa, 24 eggs are not bad! How many eggs fertilized and frozen?
Well... at day 3, I had 6 Grade 4 embryos, 2 grade 3 and 1 grade 2.

By day 5, I had only 1 blastocyst which had fully developed and that was transferred to my womb. 6 other embryos were under observation as they were growing a little slower.

By day 6, they said 4 embryos had turned a little dark. 2 were fully formed blastocysts but didn't cut the grade for freezing. I was very stubborn and insisted they freeze these 2. Prob will not be able to survive... but I felt I couldn't throw away the 2 blastocysts which were actually still alive and well. So I rather pay and freeze them.

I basically am putting all my hopes on this little beanie inside me now...

Well... at day 3, I had 6 Grade 4 embryos, 2 grade 3 and 1 grade 2.

By day 5, I had only 1 blastocyst which had fully developed and that was transferred to my womb. 6 other embryos were under observation as they were growing a little slower.

By day 6, they said 4 embryos had turned a little dark. 2 were fully formed blastocysts but didn't cut the grade for freezing. I was very stubborn and insisted they freeze these 2. Prob will not be able to survive... but I felt I couldn't throw away the 2 blastocysts which were actually still alive and well. So I rather pay and freeze them.

I basically am putting all my hopes on this little beanie inside me now...
Stay hopeful and positive! Talk to your golden embie everyday =)

Back