2016/05 ( May) babies

Just saw my gynae today..based on LMP, I am supposed to be in my 5wk5d. But gynae says size of baby sac puts me at 4.5wks only...he says it may be that I ovulated late or its a sign of pregnancy at risk. Then he commented I had spotting/bleeding for my 1st pregnancy so he suggested I have weekly jabs. Also gave me duphaston to be taken 3x a day. My gynae is more kiasi which I like coz I don't want to take any risks for bb.

But am still worried about the size of the sac...hopefully everything is ok. Will be seeing gynae in another week.. *cross fingers & pray* Anyone encounter similar situation where bb/sac is smaller than the stipulated date?

Just saw my gynae today..based on LMP, I am supposed to be in my 5wk5d. But gynae says size of baby sac puts me at 4.5wks only...he says it may be that I ovulated late or its a sign of pregnancy at risk. Then he commented I had spotting/bleeding for my 1st pregnancy so he suggested I have weekly jabs. Also gave me duphaston to be taken 3x a day. My gynae is more kiasi which I like coz I don't want to take any risks for bb.

But am still worried about the size of the sac...hopefully everything is ok. Will be seeing gynae in another week.. *cross fingers & pray* Anyone encounter similar situation where bb/sac is smaller than the stipulated date?
A gynae who is more kiasi is good. He wants to ensure the pregnancy is stable and wants the best for the mother and baby especially. I have graduated from weekly jab. Now on to two weeks once.

Bb/sac smaller than stipulated is common. At times we ovulate later than we thought. I myself is behind by 2 days.

My gynae told me a little spotting don't need to go back unless bleeding.. Did any of your gynae said that?
My gynae told me the best is no blood related discharge at all. U may need to monitor and see your gynae is it gets worst.

I bled for one week (very minimal) and stopped only since last wed. My last scan still can't see bb yet. The gynae said it is likely to be early pregnancy and asked me to wait till 2 weeks later to scan again.. 2 weeks is like 2 years to me now. =<

Yes mummies please please if have spotting, contact Ur Gynae immediately!

Some cramps are normal (especially if it's Ur subsequent pregnancies), as long it's not like menses cramp and accompanied by spotting /bleeding.
Thanks littlepoppyseed! The cramps thus far and minor and come and go quite quickly. This is my first pregnancy but I'm not longer young, in my early thirties already!

Thanks littlepoppyseed! The cramps thus far and minor and come and go quite quickly. This is my first pregnancy but I'm not longer young, in my early thirties already!
I learnt to be more kiasu from my miscarriage experience. The Gynae I saw then was not kiasi enough.. Had spotting twice but he treated it lightly. Not that I am blaming him but if I could turn back time I would request to visit weekly, take jabs and take hormone pills. That's why I am more comfortable with my current Gynae now she is super kiasi. But still I'm not over with first trimester yet so I'm still treading on my toes. She asked me to call and see her immediately if I have spotting again.

I learnt to be more kiasu from my miscarriage experience. The Gynae I saw then was not kiasi enough.. Had spotting twice but he treated it lightly. Not that I am blaming him but if I could turn back time I would request to visit weekly, take jabs and take hormone pills. That's why I am more comfortable with my current Gynae now she is super kiasi. But still I'm not over with first trimester yet so I'm still treading on my toes. She asked me to call and see her immediately if I have spotting again.
Same here... I used to go Dr Chua Yang, I like her so much that I could almost hug her when I was sad w my previous mc. But she's so popular that I had to wait 3 weeks before my first scan. So opted for Dr Fong Yang who was near my Plc and had slots available weekly.

At first I thought duphaston is the standard medicine that gynae will issue since I got mine from 24hrs clinic when I having cramp. After checking with my gynae, not all case will give unless baby not stable.. Husband helped go do a read up, it's a hormone pill which help to secure baby but it's really expensive($2 a pill).. So for those who worry can ask your gynae if it is suitable for you..

My first visit w gynae not so smooth, gynae just ask why need go ivf clinic to check since we are young.. Then ask about why go 24hrs and explain cramp very normal, actually is the 24hrs hotline ask us to go and take a look since we don't have gynae.. Then told us cramp is normal, I might feel it from start to end.. And if cramp with spotting don't need to go back unless bleeding.. Actually felt a little sad like we are just being drama.. Haiz, we really don't have experience on this..

At first I thought duphaston is the standard medicine that gynae will issue since I got mine from 24hrs clinic when I having cramp. After checking with my gynae, not all case will give unless baby not stable.. Husband helped go do a read up, it's a hormone pill which help to secure baby but it's really expensive($2 a pill).. So for those who worry can ask your gynae if it is suitable for you..

My first visit w gynae not so smooth, gynae just ask why need go ivf clinic to check since we are young.. Then ask about why go 24hrs and explain cramp very normal, actually is the 24hrs hotline ask us to go and take a look since we don't have gynae.. Then told us cramp is normal, I might feel it from start to end.. And if cramp with spotting don't need to go back unless bleeding.. Actually felt a little sad like we are just being drama.. Haiz, we really don't have experience on this..
My gynea is not like that. She is very patient and reassuring. Even if just cramp and spotting or anything minor. She say can just pop by for a scan to check if anything is ok. Of coz for these unscheduled appointments gotta fork out $ cos its not in the package. I had spotting on and off till week 20. So that time i see her very often. She scheduled me to visit every 2 weeks. So end up i have alot of scans of baby lol. It was a scary period though. Very worrying.

anyone knows if I can eat cheese tofu? I have a sudden craving for it and it's the only thing I don't feel nauseous about when I think of it

Rather be kiasu/kiasi/drama/paranoid than be sorry. In my previous pregnancy (which ended in mc), I had spotting twice which Gynae didn't think much of it and finally I had bleeding at week 11. Went for scan, and baby already stopped growing since week 8 or 9, and the bleeding was beginning of my miscarriage. My first pregnancy (my #1 is now 2 yo) was totally smooth with zero spotting, so I know when I have spotting it means unstable pregnancy. It doesn't necessarily mean it will end in miscarriage for sure but an unstable pregnancy can be managed with hormone meds and jabs. So just don't take any signs lightly.

anyone knows if I can eat cheese tofu? I have a sudden craving for it and it's the only thing I don't feel nauseous about when I think of it

I think can eat in moderation? My Gynae didn't say much about what can or or cannot but I avoid raw foods. Cheese tofu sounds nice, I feel like eating too haha.

Mummies, May i know what are the supplement your gynae prescribe beside Folic Acid? Anyone start taking obimin or fish oil? Will be seeing gynae in 2 weeks time.. so thinking i can start taking if is time to take. Thanks everyone!

I think can eat in moderation? My Gynae didn't say much about what can or or cannot but I avoid raw foods. Cheese tofu sounds nice, I feel like eating too haha.

haha my gynae say just eat fully cooked hot food all the time and should be fine, then Tcm say no yang sheng or dang gui. yes I was grocery shopping and only cheese tofu didn't make me feel queasy when I look at it lol

Mummies, May i know what are the supplement your gynae prescribe beside Folic Acid? Anyone start taking obimin or fish oil? Will be seeing gynae in 2 weeks time.. so thinking i can start taking if is time to take. Thanks everyone!

I remember Gynae only prescribed fish oil at later stage of pregnancy. Besides folic acid she will give me prenatal vitamin too. Oh and calcium supplements as well.

Last edited:

hi loveholiday! no supplements except utrogestan for me as I had a MC in June. I'm taking the Blackmores pregnancy multi-vits though! been eating blackmores conceive-well gold a few months prior to make sure everything will be fine, then switched to the pregnancy one once I got the BFP

Me...my gynae prescribe folic, obimin and utrogeston. Fish oil is after first trimester.

hi koirc! I'm 6w going on 7 too! edd is 26th according to online calculator! I think you can pm your email to @shirylnnler (I think tts her username) if not just go to the first few pages u shld be able to see her username!
Our EDD is just one day apart! I am in the fb group now. Thanks! :)

Hello all mummies, just went for my first visit!:)
I'm at 6 weeks, edd 29 may 2016 ^^
Got prescribed with multi-vit, calcium and folic acid.

Thanks MummyAiko, likeabao & Nurulimran! May i know what is utrogeston? Can get it from pharmacy?

I think similar to duphaston, should be to stabilise pregnancy, a type of hormone pill, especially for those w cramps or spotting or history of MC. I'm eating 2 utrogestan twice a day because I have a blood clot near the sac, gynae said if it goes away then cut to once a day.. not sure abt whether u can get from pharmacy though! it does have a sticker w the word poison on it, so I guess not?

I don't have ms too. But I can feel my appetite going up and down. Sometimes I feel like eating, sometimes I don't, even if it is meal time. Have slight cramps too.

How many weeks are u all at? I'm at 10 weeks now and my ms started at week 7. I wonder when mine will slowly go away. I don't vomit now, maybe because I took zofran. But mostly my morning sickness is nausea from hunger, and feeling very bloated after eating. I eat many small meals a day.

My Gynae didn't prescribe any supplements too beside folic acid. I think most Gynae only prescribe after first trimester, from what I know. My first pregnancy I also started obimin and fish oil after first trimester.

Hi mummies to b,

When shld we start taking multivitamin?
Im only taking folic acid now...
My gynae jz prescribed me multivit and calcium. But she say if ms becomes worse aftr tkg then stop for a while until second trimester then resume. She says however make sure folic acid is taken throughout first trimester.

Hi mummies! Glad to join all of you here. I found out on 1st Oct thru an HPT, positive for 3rd baby. Have yet to see a gynea but based on online calculator edd is 31 May 2016.

Had spotting yesterday and today, very light a mix between red and brown in colors. I remember i had this too with my #2. I think its normal during early pregnancy?

Have just been quickly reading the threads here can a mummy kindly add me to the fb group / wa chat? Thanks!!

Email: [email protected]

Hi all! reporting myself in here.. tested BFP on 28 Sep.. went scanning yesterday but cant see anything yet... asked to go back in 1 week time... was having light spotting when I pooing or walking around more. seems v cmon for early preg. this is my #2.. nice to meet all of u :)

Your gynae never prescribe one? I have been taking obimin....

Was told at a slightly later stage..
now jus focus on daily folic acid...I hav prep my bottle of blackmores pregnancy gold...so ad long as green light given,I will take...:)
When did u start taking multivitamin?

My gynae jz prescribed me multivit and calcium. But she say if ms becomes worse aftr tkg then stop for a while until second trimester then resume. She says however make sure folic acid is taken throughout first trimester.

Thanks thanks...Mine wanted me to focus on folic acid...wld giv the green light for any other supplements to add on...:D

Anyone who exercise regularly b4 BFP? What exercises you all doing now?

Me me!I exercise daily b4 bfp....no exercise during 1st tri I was reminded...
after 1st tri, I very likely will kick start preg yoga n light swimming...will check with gynae first...safety still the top priority....:rolleyes:

Should be fine. The cheese that may cause bacteria infection r soft or aged cheeses...Esp those with white rinds...Brie eg...no no

It's a meaningful day to me...I saw my baby's hb today...precious moment...every flicker on the screen,it's as if my heartbeat jus followed it
Edd 17/5....:D

Back