2016/05 ( May) babies

hmm, my symptoms seem to go away whenever I work.. rather stressful at work, a lot of brainwork. this is getting me worried coz symptoms lesser n lesser. I'm only nearing 7 weeks. Anyone like me?

hmm, my symptoms seem to go away whenever I work.. rather stressful at work, a lot of brainwork. this is getting me worried coz symptoms lesser n lesser. I'm only nearing 7 weeks. Anyone like me?

Don't worry maybe you are just very focused on your work! I didn't have any symptoms at all for my first one, no morning sickness or anything. Every pregnancy is different.

I have days that Im perfectly fine...I have days tt really suck...I guess that's normal...I asked my buddies who are already mummies of few...their replies pretty much aligned...dun worry,stay happy...

Days w/o ms freaked me out...I ran straight for my hpt to check for the double lines...for assurance...I still the dark double lines..:D

Likely u r too focus at work...tt u "forget" abt the ms....

Thanks mummy for the reply.. At least I feel safer to know its normal.. Start getting excited to meet my gynae for the first time tmr.. Normally any question need to ask for first visit around 6wks for both baby or gynae?

If I know like to take fish, any vitamin i should be taking?

I feel bloated too plus body aching all over esp the back!
I'm hungry, hungry, hungry but when I eat, I get full easily. Then a couple of hrs later, I get hungry again. And if I don't eat, nausea starts to creep in.

I went for my first scan last Saturday and the doctor gave me some medications for my morning sickness. He say won't affect the BB but I'm quite skeptical la. But I can't live without it anyway, so trying to cut down to once per day. ;(

The pill is a life saver man! Without the pill, I can barely function and it's like I'm permanently on a ship. Haha! My gynae didn't say much about vitamins leh. What are you girls taking other than folic acid?

it's the weekend now! can relax already! for me I only have tender boobs so I keep testing to make sure I still have that.. the last time round I lost the tenderness I also MC so I'm cautious this time. makes me wish I at least have abit of MS as a sign!

Mine is not leh. Mine is votazine. Does yours help?
This is what I found online for this drug..

This medication is a progestogen hormone, prescribed for endometriosis, miscarriage, menstrual disorders, infertility, and premenstrual syndrome.

When it is not to be taken (Contraindications):
Contraindicated in patients with undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding, blood clot disorder, stroke, incomplete abortion, breast cancer, liver dysfunction, pregnancy, and hypersensitivity.

Side Effects :
Dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue, emotional liability, irritability; abdominal pain, musculoskeletal pain.

In short is a an tai yao but might have more side effect to mummy.. Currently does feel fatigue, felt asleep while doing some data just now..

Thanks mummy for the reply.. At least I feel safer to know its normal.. Start getting excited to meet my gynae for the first time tmr.. Normally any question need to ask for first visit around 6wks for both baby or gynae?

If I know like to take fish, any vitamin i should be taking?
Hi! Usually Gynae will ask u to take supplements after 3 months :) there will be fish oil so if u don't take much fish is fine

I went for my first scan last Saturday and the doctor gave me some medications for my morning sickness. He say won't affect the BB but I'm quite skeptical la. But I can't live without it anyway, so trying to cut down to once per day. ;(

The pill is a life saver man! Without the pill, I can barely function and it's like I'm permanently on a ship. Haha! My gynae didn't say much about vitamins leh. What are you girls taking other than folic acid?

I'm on progesterone to stabilise the pregnancy til after three months. I'm also taking ondansetron for morning sickness.

Which test have u decided on? My Gynae adviced us to do the Oscar scan first, if the results are not good then followup with harmony or panorama.
Hi littlepoppyseed, when are u doing the test? My gynae advise to do harmony test coz he said Oscar test not very accurate. Some of my friends who did Oscar, result shows some admornalities they end up worrying and repeat the test again. In the end, it's a false alarm. So that's the problem with Oscar. Will end up with unnecessary worries if result not accurate.
Btw I was not prescribe with any medicine during my first visit. Gynae initially wanted to give folic acid but I told him I'm taking already, so end up he didn't prescribe me with any medicine. Is this normal? Am I getting anything less?

Hi littlepoppyseed, when are u doing the test? My gynae advise to do harmony test coz he said Oscar test not very accurate. Some of my friends who did Oscar, result shows some admornalities they end up worrying and repeat the test again. In the end, it's a false alarm. So that's the problem with Oscar. Will end up with unnecessary worries if result not accurate.
Btw I was not prescribe with any medicine during my first visit. Gynae initially wanted to give folic acid but I told him I'm taking already, so end up he didn't prescribe me with any medicine. Is this normal? Am I getting anything less?
Oscar test is not fully accurate but still most ppl use this test. For my first pregnancy, my oscar test results were fine. This time, I will do oscar first and if the results are not good then will followup with harmony probably. It's true that oscar sometimes give results that shows abnormalities but end up the baby is totally fine.

Any reason why Gynae is putting you on medication?

I'm on progesterone as I had a miscarriage in June and I had spotting at week 5 and 7. So to be safe I will be taking it for first trimester.
As for ondansetron I requested it as it managed my ms very well in my first pregnancy. It curbs vomiting very well.

finally see my own gynae, baby is 6wks 1 day old.. Due date o 27 May.. Check with doc on the cramping, he said don't worry, I might experience this cramping from start to the end as baby is growing.. Sound scary.. Doctor prescribe me pyridoxine to eat every morning till next visit which is week 10.. So far everything is good.. When is the end of first trimester?

finally see my own gynae, baby is 6wks 1 day old.. Due date o 27 May.. Check with doc on the cramping, he said don't worry, I might experience this cramping from start to the end as baby is growing.. Sound scary.. Doctor prescribe me pyridoxine to eat every morning till next visit which is week 10.. So far everything is good.. When is the end of first trimester?
Yes when the uterus expands there will be some stretching cramps or they it's round ligament pain. The cramp is usually a concern if it's like menstruation cramps and accompanied with spotting/bleeding.

For me first Tri ends when week 13 starts! I think some mummies have varying views on this, I've heard before end of 13 weeks is end of first Tri.

@littlepoppyseed thank you! Finally see my baby with heartbeat today, husband was so happy.. Is the Down syndrome scan the same as Oscar? Anyone under 30 going for the test? Husband ask me what if child has DT, are we really going abandon the baby? This let me have some thought about it..

Last edited:
@littlepoppyseed thank you! Finally see my baby with heartbeat today, husband was so happy.. Is the Down syndrome scan the same as Oscar? Anyone under 30 going for the test? Husband ask me what if child has DT, are we really going abandon the baby? This let me have some thought about it..

Hi! The oscar test consists of the scanning to check the nuchal translucency and also the blood test. Both results combine to give a ratio of the risk of the child having DS. This is just a screening test and the accuracy is only about 80%. Oscar, harmony panorama are all screening tests, but harmony and pano having higher accuracies.

Ur questions are same as mine.. If really the risk is high I wouldn't know what i would do.. I keep praying everyday.

@littlepoppyseed, same thing.. If the risk is high, there are case that child turn out to be alright.. Then you pay to make yourself worry.. If really result not good, don't keep the baby, will u feel guilty for the decision made? If u don't know, what will happen? The chance is less than 1% even you are at 40.. My thinking might be not 100% right, just thinking about pro and con..

Last edited:
Hi mummies, I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. Can I join FB group if there is any? Just tested my self preggie yesterday. Went to clinic at Clifford yesterday & cost $398 only for ultrasound test, consultation, calcium & folic.
Havent decide which gynae to go to. Definitely not that one I went to yesterday. exp sia.

I'm on progesterone as I had a miscarriage in June and I had spotting at week 5 and 7. So to be safe I will be taking it for first trimester.
As for ondansetron I requested it as it managed my ms very well in my first pregnancy. It curbs vomiting very well.

Oic... Am only seeing my Gynae on Tuesday. Had a miscarriage before I wonder if she will give me medication. Getting older so am more concerned...

Any mummies feel that your body temperature is much higher? Not sure what is the minimum before taking panadol.. Currently 37.5 I think still ok, last night was 38.1 so I took panadol..

Hi mummies, I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. Can I join FB group if there is any? Just tested my self preggie yesterday. Went to clinic at Clifford yesterday & cost $398 only for ultrasound test, consultation, calcium & folic.
Havent decide which gynae to go to. Definitely not that one I went to yesterday. exp sia.
That's quite pricey... went fong yang at tiong bahru $222 nett for first consult ultrasound 3 diff med.

Any of u mummies taking the unity folic acid? Can I confirm that it's one a day? Cos previously I get from Gynae this is the first time I buy from unity.

Good morning Mommies! Would like to join everyone here. Tested positive & checked online edd will be end of May.
This is my 2nd pregnancy, my 1st 6yrs old.. quite a big gap.. everything have to start again. ;)
Thinking to try Benjamin Tham this time, any mummy seeing him? Is he good?
Will slowly read back this thread coz now already page 9.. ;)

Good morning Mommies! Would like to join everyone here. Tested positive & checked online edd will be end of May.
This is my 2nd pregnancy, my 1st 6yrs old.. quite a big gap.. everything have to start again. ;)
Thinking to try Benjamin Tham this time, any mummy seeing him? Is he good?
Will slowly read back this thread coz now already page 9.. ;)

My first one is almost 5, about the same age gap..

Hi mummies

Im in my 5 weeks today and my first scan is next tues! Im kind of scare cos this morning i just tipped and fell down. Ive been hving brown discharge for past 2 days.

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My daughter is currently 2.5 yo. Both via FET.

Good morning Mummies! Hoping to join you here to share the journey together. I am 6 weeks pregnant, going on 7 weeks. EDD on 25 May.
Can I join the fb and whatsapp chat please?

hi koirc! I'm 6w going on 7 too! edd is 26th according to online calculator! I think you can pm your email to @shirylnnler (I think tts her username) if not just go to the first few pages u shld be able to see her username!

just went for a scan because I felt some cramping and I'm super kiasu! one week ago my scan put me at 5w5d so by now should be 6w5d, no idea why the machine print-out says 6w0d instead. anyone experience this before? I hope it's not growing too slowly :( but the doc didn't raise any issues about it though

Hello! Congrats please private msg me your details so that I can add u on fb and whattsapp
Hi can you include me in the fb group and whats app chat? Im unable to pm you my details? Would u be able to pm me so i can reply? Srry for the trouble

Hi mummies

Im in my 5 weeks today and my first scan is next tues! Im kind of scare cos this morning i just tipped and fell down. Ive been hving brown discharge for past 2 days.

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My daughter is currently 2.5 yo. Both via FET.

U need to be careful! I was bleeding earlier on and the doc said brown discharge is also blood related discharge, which is not good.

MTBs, I hv slight cramps too. Do you all hv that.? I saw from website that this is common. Hopefully bb is fine.

U need to be careful! I was bleeding earlier on and the doc said brown discharge is also blood related discharge, which is not good.

MTBs, I hv slight cramps too. Do you all hv that.? I saw from website that this is common. Hopefully bb is fine.

Yes mummies please please if have spotting, contact Ur Gynae immediately!

Some cramps are normal (especially if it's Ur subsequent pregnancies), as long it's not like menses cramp and accompanied by spotting /bleeding.

Back