Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

The list won't end :)

My take is set your budget and then work out what strollers at that price range fits your needs - one hand fold? Light if you need to take bus alone w baby often (as you need to fold the pram)? Spacious as you want baby to sleep in it often while you and papa go out to malls etc? If you drive, consider if pram can fit into boot? And can you carry it into boot alone as some prams can be up to 13-16kg? Need big basket if you go grocery shopping? Small folding if your house hasnt much space for storage... etc..

I believe there is no such thing as a perfect pram tho. So often you will hv to just buy the one that ticks off most of yr criteria and within yr budget.

Happy Pram shopping!
That is true. Was concerned about durability.

Axa covers at double the normal premium price... For 3 yrs the 1-off premium if I rem correctly is $600+... And u have to get another product to go with this... From what I gathered, the main diff is... For Aia u must buy with the investment... But Axa allow u to choose what u prefer... But after baby born... U need to buy another policy for baby with them...

I remember the sales person saying that under the TMC FBI scheme, they will offer a $600 voucher to go along.

Perhaps the level is not high enough to warrant a daily prick test? I had GD also but mild one which was controlled with diet. Watch your diet for now and wait for nx apptment. He may do another blood test.
Hope so. Haha, sometimes, find my Dr not consistent. If I ask, he will say things like, "no harm doing so". My DH will think that "I ask for it!!" LOL.. will watch diet. No mooncakes....

Dear ladies, I got this freebie from TMC. Does anyone know what this is for and how to use it? :)

Attachments

• 1441871321763.jpg
    1441871321763.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 286
I am at 8.8. Do you mean there is a 2nd test?

8.8 I think is just mild GD slightly above the cut off. If I recall correctly I was also ard this level.

Gynae didn't think it warrants a daily prick test but need to control diet.
A mth later Gynae did another prick test ( result out in 10 min) to cfm if I had controlled my diet n the new BT results.

Check with your Gynae if this will be the case for you too?

Wow, so comprehensive. Thank you for sharing. My Dr at TMC, simply reiterates the results to me, after looking at my shocked face. How much is the machine and does it hurt? How long did you have to monitor? Need another test after that? Can't help but sianz with more testing.

Hi, my GD test came out 8.5. So I think it's best you start control your diet. It's not that painful like ant bite. I spent nearly $150 for the machine, needles and test strips. Have to monitor once a week, not daily.

Dear ladies, any suggestion of where to get reasonably priced swaddle? I saw that the ones from Mothercare are in the $30+ range for a piece. Those on Q10 material says cotton and sometimes cotton fleece, so not sure whether to get from there.

Hey ladies, I saw that baby cots are in the $400+ range now. I bought one good one for my sister 4 years back and it costed $300 and my nephew is still sleeping on it.
Any recommendation on websites or shops to buy from? I saw that Mummy market has one that costs $289, not sure if it is good, anyone has experience with it?

Dear ladies, any suggestion of where to get reasonably priced swaddle? I saw that the ones from Mothercare are in the $30+ range for a piece. Those on Q10 material says cotton and sometimes cotton fleece, so not sure whether to get from there.

U can get Aden's swaddle. They are either Muslin or bamboo material. And when the kids are older u can use them as blankets. Can get from mothercare, baby fairs or carousel

Hi BFF, Not sure you would like these swaddle cloth? I am using these for my baby gal.
http://www.pupsikstudio.com/silly-billyz-muslin-swaddle-2-pack.html
http://www.pupsikstudio.com/aden-and-anais-muslin-swaddle-rms-designs.html

Love To Swaddle UP is a great swaddle. It is the only swaddle where arms are in the up position which is natural position for babies to sleep.
It is available in stores in Singapore like Mothercare, Spring Maternity and Motherswork.
I used for my 3rd and it was great. Made a huge difference.
have a look at their website www.lovetodream.com.au - gives lots of info as to why it is such a good swaddle.

Thank you for sharing. I didn't know that arms in the up position is the natural way. I learn something new today :)

Wah! 33 34 weeks is the Best time of the 10months. Counting down!

I wonder how many SG50 IVF babies we have from this forum.

Lambi - how are you settling back home w the twins?

am wk37 le...tomm will be going for another Dr review. Should baby is oversize, will need to arrange c-sect on the 9 or 12 Oct... so scary....:oops:

@kymkym, you can do it! jiayou. Are you with Dr Khoo to do the c-sect? Gambatte!

Currently week 32. Time really past fast... Still praying everything can turn up fine and well till my LO held in my arms.

Yes, manage to engage Dr Khoo at Wk35. Will pray for the rest of the mummies here for smooth pregnancy and delivery :)

Same here. Will keep those mummies waiting for their LOs in my praying list as well.

Hi mummies, do update us here to keep our spirits high! Always stay Positive and Focus!!!

Wah! 33 34 weeks is the Best time of the 10months. Counting down!

I wonder how many SG50 IVF babies we have from this forum.

Lambi - how are you settling back home w the twins?
Hey Ron! How many weeks le you? Thanks for asking..so far so good hehe..luckily hv established a routine :) which is very important

Wah how u establish routine? Me still... Haizzz...
Jiayou!
hmm..i just do a repetition of sleep for bbs first in general..cos that will determine the cycle normally...
  • firstly i find the timing around which bb most cranky in the evening..that is usually the time they feed ..say around 6-7pm..then use that as a guideline and do a set of low 'activities' like in my case i change their diapers/into pj, wipe them down with warm water+washcloth, put ruyi oil, you might want do bb massage at this point. Both hubby and i try talk softly (at least me hehe hubby still loud until i shhhhh him:p lollol) Then dim lights, off tv radio etc, remember minimum stimuli.
  • Feed them but dun talk too much to them, burp them..try to at least if a tad cranky..
  • Say/kiss gd night and put in cot. Make sure room not too hot or too cold and they are dressed comfy. At first they might cry want attention, for first few nights but when they get it, they mostly will 'talk' to themselves and drift to sleep.
Normally they will sleep until next morning..but then to add.. they are into their 4th month this month so they hv some sleep regression and refusal of bottle and they wake up middle of night wanting milk..cos last feed they dun drink enough..like eg. yesterday night both of them cried/screamed until whoa..we no choice put them into cot at 7pm but then 7:30pm carried them up, let them sit on rocker to calm them down..then at least gave a little more milk then back to cot again at 8pm there they fell asleep..after some small tired cries..so the point is to continue the routine despite how cranky they are.

Then also daytime try to give attention and dun let them nap for too long..as in try to stimulate them-play/sing/dance/story/tummy time etc in between nap 1-3hrs x2 or 3 rounds ok.. This daytime routine also keep it..so when it comes to evening they will be tired to fall asleep faster.

How does your day normally goes?

Back