What do u think of Myanmar maids ?

zeenfe

I am having my no. 2 and due apr 12。 thinking of getting a Myanmar maid as they are more reasonably priced than Indonesian ones these days.
As this is my first maid , I am worried about everything .
Wonder if their English language is really that bad? What criteria shd I look for if I need someone who can take care of young children , cook and general housework . Any min qualifications to look for ?

Any good agencies to recommend too ?
Thank you in advance

Hi

I do not have a MY maid at home, but my cousin's maid is.
Just based on some complains...I would think they are not the best choice.
Language is definately a barrier.
And depends on age of maid... my cousin had a younger maid.. and she secretly used some facial products from my cousin's table.
Anyway.... my MIL used to have a MY maid.. and she do not have a good impression too.

If you want a maid to look after your kids and home...I would think that a Filipino maid is the better choice.
Atleast they are able to communicate better with the kids and they eat with no restrictions.

Hi,

I do not have a Myanmar maid. But my neighbour has. Based on my observation, she is not very good or very bad, just doing the minimum things to take care the child. She pushs the child to the playground but always talking on the phone.

I think Filipino is the best, comparing to Indonesian or Myanmar maid. Some of the maids living around, they are good and they are Filipino maid. But their price is the most expensive one.

I think taking care a baby, having a good maid is very important, for the baby and for yourself to have a peace of mind too.

hi, my family has a really bad experience with myanmar maid. Not that i want to discourage you but so far we ok on indo maids (filipino we did not take before so cannot advise u). Firstly communication was an big issue and secondly was the maid's issue (yes our "luck" too)! She not only lazy but also unwillingly to take up dirty tasks like clearing toddler's shits and vomit stuffs. Talk loud and openly watch tv (instead of doing housework) in front of us. Always want to eat rice (even request for rice for breakfast). She will show my mother in law's face & if she unhappy, she will sweep the floor and purposely sweep my mil's feets! She will cry if we told her off (nicely) or when she felt that her work was overload! My family's members was tolerant type till we cannot tahan her and send her back. However, it really depend on your luck.

i have just recently employed a myanmar maid. She has been with me for 3 weeks now. At first, really vomit blood. Communication is a big issue, but now she is picking up and she had no problem understanding me. She is a fast worker, fast learner too. just that abit forgetful at times, need to remind her.. Previously i was with filipino.. Personally, i find that myanmar maid are actually hardworking, obedient, and willing to learn. they wont talk back when u scold them.. my new maid has no hp and no off days. she basically do the household chores and look after my 2 boys.. if u really want myanmar maid and had no patience to train, i suggest you take experience myanmar maids. if u take new maids, you have to take time to train them yourselve... PM me if you need my agent contacts, reasonable price and good service..
happy.gif
btw i dont earn commission, just find that her service is good so i will recommend to those who needs.

Hi, just to share with you. We currently have Myanmar maid. She's been with us for around 3 mth already. So far ok, although we have to speak very slow, and write instruction to make sure she understand. At least she can do household work and can take care my baby

Previously we had Indonesian maid. Always talking on the phone. Supposedly experienced, but after a while, we can see she was impatient with my baby

We learnt from lesson...this time around no phone for the new maid

@ blury_bear (blurybear)
Me too in need of a maid. Would be very helpful if you can share the myanmar agency contact details that you mentioned above.Please feel free to drop me a note at [email protected]

recently employed myanmar maid, she is with me 1 mth liao, really vomit blood, english 0, dont understand at all yet scold mi bk with burmese, she is very lazy ask her 2 do work, she do extremely slow, she said nt enf food so she muz do slowly, she request 3 meals rice, i said no n hw much u work? she change her face, i fb 2 agency, stupid agency nt even help me juz said change new maid n d nxt new maid salary increase again, wat is this men? agency onli think of earning money, cos once d maid x'fer, they can earn another 2mths, maid oso smart, they know tt once they ask for x'fer their salary oso increase, but nv think of deduction, nw i very stressed, change maid scare d nxt 1 oso d same or worst, cos nw new maid their english is 0 n oso attitude is very bad, any advice, wat shld i do nw? stupid agency will nv recommand to ppl, last time their service is very gd so i continue using them, nw so terrible, some more is recommanded by 972 DJ, i give up liao.

Hi, can someone advise me what is the market agent fee to employ a fresh maid ? What is the market salary for fresh Indo , Fili and Myamar maid ? And does anyone know how many off days per month the maid is entitled to next year ?

Thank you so much !! I am considering getting a maid.

My maid is from myanmar. My agent told me they are relatively more simple people than filipino or indon, tend to be more quiet or reserved as well. I found it to be true for mine. So far she is respectful and good attitude. Just a bit forgetful at times. I appreciate her good attitude more so far so good. Agree with earlier post on training. I took 2 weeks to train her.

Mine not bad (left for further studies) but my friend not so lucky. When asked her age the maid looked around, yanked the calendar off its hook and pointed to '23'. Another occasion - how long the kid been sitting on the potty - she got out her alarm clock, poked 12 and then 2 (my friend deduced as 10 minutes). And she actually rubs her stomach everyday and says "ma'am, eat!" Her main intake is 2 slices of bread/jam with milo/coffee for early breakfast, beehoon with topups for 2nd breakfast, maggi mee/porridge for lunch, sunshine loaf/biscuits for teatime and normal dinner same as the rest of the family, not to mention misc like cake, tauhuey, fruit, etc. My friend lamented that the maid eats more than her.

I had one for 9 months and it was a big drama and disaster. Maybe it's just mine but she was rude, insist in doing things her way and disrespectful of our private time. She also breaks stuff and lies all the time. My husband says she behaves like a gangster.

Worst was when she started scolding cleaners at our house condo. She tried running away when we wanted to send her back to the agency. We bought her a one way ticket back home.

The thing is my maid agency even took pity on me and said we are too nice and must set boundaries. They told me outright that there are fewer problems with Philippinos. Waiting for my philippino helper now and hoping the experience will be better.

Hi ladies. Anyone with experience with JLK Employment services? We just spoke to a Myanmar maid in her myanmar centre...first time maid, she speaks fair english, no off day and no hp @ $480 per month. I know its higher than the usual first time myanmar maids, but is it a rip off? Appreciate your inputs ...

Hi Yasmin, I got mine from mymaidstation. I also pay $480 for no off day, not sure its on the high side cos its after the new regulation. The maid is abit slow but so far, hardworking. But you really must give her time to adapt, communication is really a problem. Luckily, my agency help me to translate some job scope into their language so its easier for the maid to read and remember.

Hi, I have gotten 2 maids from JLK (srg).
1st (oct 2012, trf maid) was a bad exp. Cries easily, has many "sisters" in Singapore, keep asking to go off on Sunday though agreed no off day, buy her meals eat few spoonful of it or skip meals then complain gastric at night.. even told my children not to eat too much will be fat, not pretty! (and her gastric always come on Sat Night)

2nd (2 weeks old) humble, willing to learn, just that time she eats a lot (I am in fact happy abt it) and perspire so much must ask her shower thrice a day.

So its really down to luck whether u get a good, really keen to work or a person who is here just to pass time.

1) If taking trf maid, please ask them whether they have 1 bag or more. My first had three bagful of barangs, tanaka, camisole, leggings etc.

I previously got a Myanmar maid from JLK before and was a disaster. First 2 weeks ok..then the maid start to show her true colours...though the bio data said she is 23 yo but she looked more like 18yo. She will start to cry for nothing. Let her call back...still cried from morning till night..then she started to inflict injury on herself....at first we asked her how come there were cuts on her hands/fingers and she said they were 'cut' by the shower glass door while cleaning ...we were puzzled as the first 2 weeks she was ok while washing..then she said wan to go home and threaten the agent that she will commit sucide if agent refused to let her go home. we were so angry as agent din help us or refund us any discount as it was not our fault that the maid had sucide thoughts. Though they said will give us replacement but we still need to pay ..

just went to see the new mymmar maid. she told us she dun know how to cook rice and the face look like 18 tho reported 24...

another 1 wen i ask her wash clothes with hand.. (to test her) she asked me, " no washing machine?"

the 3rd 1 told me if not enuf sleep, she will get headache... and ask me wat time she can sleep at nite.

end up I gv up and take bk indo..

WP No. : 0 92844536
Name of Worker : MAY ZIN AUNG

http://www.bestmaid.com.sg/listmaid.asp?id=96217

Out of goodwill, we give her the benefit of doubt and employed her despite the fact that she had changed 7 employers within 2 years and we (hopefully) are her last employer in Singapore.
Surprisingly, shouldn't MOM ban those domestic helper who had changed more than 3 employers per year ? Isn't the maid levy we had paid are for maintaining the quality of domestic helper ?

MAY ZIN AUNG is neither a pleasant nor hardworking person. Always finding easy way out. Quick-witted I would say, she can always find all sort of reason to support the mistake she had done. We understand they are from rural area and uneducated therefore we had always been very forgiving with them, we never blame them for the damage they had done (eg. broke the sword of "Guan Yu"....etc.) Unfortunately, she repay us with all her lies and bad attitude.
On her 3rd day of work with us, she came crying to us saying her father had passed on and wishes to return back to her hometown. Her agent stopped her, claiming that since she knew that her father was badly ill then why she still came to work in Singapore. After that she continue her employment with us for around 2 months then she came crying to us again saying her mother had admitted hospital and insisted in returning back to her hometown. Coincidentally, both incidents occur on a sunny Sunday afternoon and on her off day. We informed her agent and she rushed down to our place to clarify with MAY ZIN AUNG. According to the agent, all along she was lying because MAY ZIN AUNG do not want to repay the money (Est. S$1600) that she owed her agent. Her agent pleaded her to work for us for another 1 month so as to replay her loan but MAY ZIN AUNG refused. The agent threatened to send her to police station, surprisingly MAY ZIN AUNG was fearless and even threatened back the agent that if they insisted her to continue her employment with us she will just sit in our house and do NOTHING. We have 2 young children (9 & 5 years old), we cannot take the risk of her harming our children. I requested the agent to bring her back and purchased air ticket to send her back to her hometown.

During her stay with us, she was not a co-operative person. She do not follow our instruction, do everything her own way. Whenever we corrected her mistake she will talked back to us. Told her that our youngest one has eczema and has to bath twice a day than must apply moisturizer. Whenever my child asked her to help to shower she will claimed that she was extremely busy. According to my children she was always busy washing toilet or stay in the toilet most of the time. Our instruction was to wash the toilet only once a week. When I questioned her why didn't bath and apply moisturizer for the kids her answer to me will be," I had forgotton !" After her departure and I had to take over the household chores then I discovered the mop was super filthy. The moment you dip the mop into clear clean water, the water immediately turn black. It took me 2 days to bleach and wash the mop. Every night busy messaging or playing her mobile phone then in the morning couldn't wake up, yet she still has the cheek to complain to us that every morning she has to wake up early. We, employer, woke up the same time (6am) as her yet always the last to sleep and she was behaving like a boss in our house.

upload_2015-5-7_11-52-54.png

Last edited:
All I can say is, there is no good maid. Even if they are 'good' initially, its no more than 6-9 months - so at the end of the day, it is how much we are willing to accept them..
As for mymmar maid, they all looked so underage - I've interviewed 5 in a day, all rejected me cos they said 'children ar?? no no , no like' o_O ..
They like to take care of elderly - especially bedridden one who's incapable to 'bother' them. I have bad impression of them after the 5 interviews..

no lei,, my parents maid works more than 20yrs with us... my aunt maid also very long....
just don't hire too young ones

then again, i consider myself not fussy type..i have maid coming every sunday, i dun really monitor her.. she can wash all the clothes in washing machine, im fine coz that's what i do. she do a better job in cleaning the hse than me, so im fine too. she can eat anytime she wants, can meet her cousin downstairs to pass things, she can use her hp or msg her friend, as long as she complete her jobs, i dun really care

Actually if can, don't take Myanmar maids. My previous and current both Myanmar and both are nightmares!! I ask for Myanmar based on the perception that they are kind, diligent and respectful. both signed the contract knowing the t&c and job scope yet when they came to me house, try to negotiate with me again - need hp, don't want to wash car(we put it in as part of the scope but never enforce it ever), want Sunday off ..

1st maid. All was good during the 1st month but maybe that's because I was running between hospital and home and I only managed to see the "good" parts. When washing toilets, once a wk, she will spend about 1.5 hour washing each toilet. She don't have to wash both toilets on the same day. When I go check the toilet, the floor and walls are wet but they are still dirty, as though never washed like that. She liked to "take care" of the baby even though the baby was not part of her job. This was something that really irked me. She will sit beside my mother and watch her pat the baby to sleep. When baby sleeps, she will also sleep. When sweeping floor, only wants to use vacuum cleaner, no vacuum cleaner, no sweep. When she damaged my vacuum cleaner, I told her to use the broom and she said she dunno how and refused to sweep the floor.

2nd one. Give me problem on the 3rd day of arrival. She claims her face, eyes, nose, hands, legs and feet were swollen. I offered to bring her to the doc, she refused, asking to go home(Myanmar home) to rest and will be fine. To be honest, she don't looked swollen. Eventually I forced her to go to the doc with me and doc declared her fine and healthy. She refuses to learn English and speaks only her language to us, refuses to adapt to our food choices, we are more vege than meat people. The occasional chicken and seafood but no beef. She don't eat what I cook and asks me for money to tapao. I gave a few times but stopped when I realized it's happening too often. When cooking our breakfast, it's just blanched beehoon toss with soy sauce plus a few pieces of garlic. My fridge is not empty, mind u. Her actions are very slow, 2 hours to wash toilet, 1 hour to wash and chop vege, 30 mins each time when going to toilet for business.

Both are transfer and several employers before me.

Last edited:
i just employed a Myanmar maid too. At first was quite fed up, when i tell her things before I finish she say she knows...in the end don't know. She was a transfer maid too. Now is the 4th week with me....still observing....her performance is not superb but still within my tolerance level. She is definitely not as hardworking as my indo maid in my mum's house....currently i am still on maternity leave with 2 boys...one 1month old another is 4 years old

BEWARE!! If you intend to hire this Myanmar maid to take care of babies or toddler!!

Worker name: KHAING ZIN SOE

Dear mummies,

Please aware of this name if you are intend to hire a new Myanmar helper, she was my Previous maid and I stop hiring her in Earlier April and sent her back immediately after I found her mistreated my 1yo baby. She was a fresh maid and stayed with me for almost a year. Am glad that I decided to discontinue her help before it turn into child abused case. I did reported to polis and MOM about her mistreated case as record and reference. If case the new employer wants to check her history, please feel free to contact me.

The reason why I choose to bring out this issues here is, my agent told me that her bio data is available for new employer in data bank. Seem like she wants to come back to here to work.. When she leave she did scolded me and my agent that she doesn't like Singapore and will never come back again. Now, only 3-months time she is available to work here again.. Am just worry that the same incidents will happen again to any babies or toddler.

Hi Mummies,
I am a SAHM for 5 years. I consider myself semi retired after my boys as I am their sole care giver. Currently very determined to get back to work some part time to take a breather from my boys and housework. Have employed a few part time cleaners before. One was with us for 2 years and suddenly disappeared. The rest are just not up to our expectation so end up I did all myself. We are now planning to get a full time helper to help with house chores and help around with the kids (with me around). Now I have become very skeptical on hiring a helper after reading so much about what others shared about their bad experiences with their helpers. I am also worried about getting one who is no good. But I do have friends who has gotten helpers who are willing to learn and getting along well. I'm in a dilemma. Any suggestions?

Dear Tofu, its really depend on your luck. I would say 90% is luck. Because when u interview them, they will talk nicely, and everything they will say ok, no problem. For example : u ask no off until her loan done, no hp during working hour, wake up 5am. They will say all no problem until the 6th maybe they will start ask hp, etc...thats my experience with 2 indo maids. But if u at sahm I think shud not be a big problem because u can monitor

Just to update...I just send my Myanmar maid back to the agency today. As mentioned, she wasn't fantastic but tolerable. She sets off my trigger point when she use my mum's helper hand phone to call a Myanmar guy...when I asked her is it her boyfriend ...she say no ...anyway my maternity ending. Don't wish to risk my baby since I won't be at home.

no lei,, my parents maid works more than 20yrs with us... my aunt maid also very long....
just don't hire too young ones

then again, i consider myself not fussy type..i have maid coming every sunday, i dun really monitor her.. she can wash all the clothes in washing machine, im fine coz that's what i do. she do a better job in cleaning the hse than me, so im fine too. she can eat anytime she wants, can meet her cousin downstairs to pass things, she can use her hp or msg her friend, as long as she complete her jobs, i dun really care

Must be the old guard maids. No more liao.

Myanmar maids - a BIG NO-NO.

English = Zero
Work experience = Zero
Education level = Miserable (under the prescribed level)
Attitude = good at first and show true colours (give them about 3 to 4 months to change colours. They will change faster when they go out with friends)
Motivation = very hardworking at first, clean everything, then later DO NOTHING. Give about 5 months.
Off day and handphone = very on task, never miss
Food = fussy. Eats only Mohinga, mohinga day and mohinga night. Cannot eat our food means employer starve them means maid abuse

Not all Myanmar maids are bad, Myanmar maids are actually good and more docile.
I have had many maids before.
My recent maid who has been with me for 1.5 years is really good.
She is hardworking, obedient and polite.
Yes her english pronunciation is not very good, but she take care of my mother in-law and picked up chinese and malay.
My mother-in-law is not easy to take care need to bath for her, always accompany her to the toilet even in the middle of the night.
She sleeps with takes care of her for 24 hours.

My mother-in-law is not a easy person even I cannot handle her sometimes, and so have other maids especially with her dementia.
However, my this maid has actually helped my mother-in-law nurse back to health, she use to be skinny and have difficulties walking. Now she can walk and has gained a bit more weight to look healthier.

I have introduced my friend to this agency, as well and they all said that they liked their myanmar maids because don't give handphone, boyfriend problems and most importantly not LAZY.
Nowadays all the filippino and indo always on their phones not even here to work. How can I pay them and they playing with their phone always very relunctant to do the work when I ask them too. Complain a lot too.
Hard to get a filippino that I can trust. They always want off-days.

My advice is get those myanmar maids that have worked in Singapore. Communication is less of a problem and they are not expensive, in fact cheapest.

Maids for us chinese why need perfect english can communicate can alrdy.
And so far the diet wise is similar to chinese except my maid likes chilli. :) Myanmar is big also depends where u get from.
Don't get the Rohingas they are the worst!! So far its been one of the best experience I have with this maid.

I don't earn anything, if those who need my agent no. to find Myanmar maid can PM me. So far, my friends also take from this agency, their service charges and maid charges are very reasonable and even have 6 months 1 replacement included. Even now whenever I have questions I can always call her, like when my maid need to call back myanmar gave me the card to let her call back. Nice person!

Last edited:
WP No. : 0 92844536
Name of Worker : MAY ZIN AUNG

Out of goodwill, we give her the benefit of doubt and employed her despite the fact that she had changed 7 employers within 2 years and we (hopefully) are her last employer in Singapore.
Surprisingly, shouldn't MOM ban those domestic helper who had changed more than 3 employers per year ? Isn't the maid levy we had paid are for maintaining the quality of domestic helper ?

MAY ZIN AUNG is neither a pleasant nor hardworking person. Always finding easy way out. Quick-witted I would say, she can always find all sort of reason to support the mistake she had done. We understand they are from rural area and uneducated therefore we had always been very forgiving with them, we never blame them for the damage they had done (eg. broke the sword of "Guan Yu"....etc.) Unfortunately, she repay us with all her lies and bad attitude.
On her 3rd day of work with us, she came crying to us saying her father had passed on and wishes to return back to her hometown. Her agent stopped her, claiming that since she knew that her father was badly ill then why she still came to work in Singapore. After that she continue her employment with us for around 2 months then she came crying to us again saying her mother had admitted hospital and insisted in returning back to her hometown. Coincidentally, both incidents occur on a sunny Sunday afternoon and on her off day. We informed her agent and she rushed down to our place to clarify with MAY ZIN AUNG. According to the agent, all along she was lying because MAY ZIN AUNG do not want to repay the money (Est. S$1600) that she owed her agent. Her agent pleaded her to work for us for another 1 month so as to replay her loan but MAY ZIN AUNG refused. The agent threatened to send her to police station, surprisingly MAY ZIN AUNG was fearless and even threatened back the agent that if they insisted her to continue her employment with us she will just sit in our house and do NOTHING. We have 2 young children (9 & 5 years old), we cannot take the risk of her harming our children. I requested the agent to bring her back and purchased air ticket to send her back to her hometown.

During her stay with us, she was not a co-operative person. She do not follow our instruction, do everything her own way. Whenever we corrected her mistake she will talked back to us. Told her that our youngest one has eczema and has to bath twice a day than must apply moisturizer. Whenever my child asked her to help to shower she will claimed that she was extremely busy. According to my children she was always busy washing toilet or stay in the toilet most of the time. Our instruction was to wash the toilet only once a week. When I questioned her why didn't bath and apply moisturizer for the kids her answer to me will be," I had forgotton !" After her departure and I had to take over the household chores then I discovered the mop was super filthy. The moment you dip the mop into clear clean water, the water immediately turn black. It took me 2 days to bleach and wash the mop. Every night busy messaging or playing her mobile phone then in the morning couldn't wake up, yet she still has the cheek to complain to us that every morning she has to wake up early. We, employer, woke up the same time (6am) as her yet always the last to sleep and she was behaving like a boss in our house.

View attachment 526529
wow MOM wont ban these girls, I have seen worser records. But this is a sign that the maid is not good. Hard to get transfer maids that are good nowadays! :(

Not all Myanmar maids are bad, Myanmar maids are actually good and more docile.

Actually you may be right and you may also be wrong. They are good and docile in the BEGINNING. Like my former maid. Very hardworking, willing to learn and don't mind to wipe the shoe cabinet and scrub the toilet tiles. Once confirmed, refused to scrub tiles, saying that her heart was no good, she is going to die if she exerts herself, and after cleaning the windows, she will not wash the cleaning cloth and would throw away and use a new one. I bought good microfibre wiping cloths all thrown away. Everyday in the afternoon when she will have nothing to do, she would dress up herself in lacy blouses, makeup and different dresses and asking me if she looks pretty. I was amused by her vanity AT FIRST.

never allow this. I made a mistake thinking that allowing my maid to "play" barbie dress- up is ok, giving them some leeway & stress relief. I am afraid that this is seen as "permissiveness" on the part of the employer. Soon she started to invite friends to go over and started to think that working life in singapore means shopping and finding boyfriends. Imagine if I had little children, what will happen to them with maids like this? Luckily my son is not that small anymore, and he is able to tell me all the naughty things she did every afternoon when he comes back from school.

Quite interesting story you have there Mini Mee, i think those are the signs of deviation from being a good and hardworking worker.
I am sure there are really bad myanmar maids out there too. But there will be some that are good.
Agreed with what you say dont feed their vanity maids are suppose to look simple and clean not don with makeup and a rainbow-coloured face. But I have seen more filipino doing all that nowadays, vain is probably the least we worry about. They now do many part time jobs, and smoke even tsktsk. At the end of the day, the agent you choose and agency is still important to minimize these problems ...i think. And the rest will leave to luck.

Pinoy maids nowadays also havoc. But they can understand English and those I have experienced before can really work independently. Was a big help to me when my son was growing up.

indon maid left me with a regret that never left me. Let my son fall down from the piano and hit his head on the piano stool resulting in a huge bump on his skull that didn't go away for 3 years. Son had severe headache for 8 years. She was beautifying herself in the bathroom leaving my son playing unattended in living room and didnt even know when he climbed up the piano. My Fil maids thereafter are all good in terms of work and taking good care of my son.

Last maid June 2015 - Myanmar put the nail in the coffin for maid employment. Accused my son of slapping her when he didn't. My son is only 12 this year. In the end, she admitted to MOM that she lied as she didn't like my son and just wanted to get him in trouble. But just wanted to go home and friends have advised her that this is the fastest way to break a contract and get a ticket home real fast. So I bought her one way ticket back to Myanmar.
If I can redo my past, I will resign from my work and look after my son until he is at least 6 years old. I don't want my poor child to be a victim of these irresponsible malicious people anymore. The number of Bad myanmar maids these days far outweigh the number of good ones. In fact, this goes for fil, indon as well. So I am going maidless now.

Last edited:
Pinoy maids nowadays also havoc. But they can understand English and those I have experienced before can really work independently. Was a big help to me when my son was growing up.

indon maid left me with a regret that never left me. Let my son fall down from the piano and hit his head on the piano stool resulting in a huge bump on his skull that didn't go away for 3 years. Son had severe headache for 8 years. She was beautifying herself in the bathroom leaving my son playing unattended in living room and didnt even know when he climbed up the piano. My Fil maids thereafter are all good in terms of work and taking good care of my son.

Last maid June 2015 - Myanmar put the nail in the coffin for maid employment. Accused my son of slapping her when he didn't. My son is only 12 this year. In the end, she admitted to MOM that she lied as she didn't like my son and just wanted to get him in trouble. But just wanted to go home and friends have advised her that this is the fastest way to break a contract and get a ticket home real fast. So I bought her one way ticket back to Myanmar.
If I can redo my past, I will resign from my work and look after my son until he is at least 6 years old. I don't want my poor child to be a victim of these irresponsible malicious people anymore. The number of Bad myanmar maids these days far outweigh the number of good ones. In fact, this goes for fil, indon as well. So I am going maidless now.

Totally agree with you. I have several Pinoy until the last one whom her agent suggests to keep in touch online thru Facebook went overboard. Throughout the day and right through the night she was on Facebook flirting with men. Simple daily chores can forget because her mind is on FB. See give one inch she boldly took 10.

After her got one from Mynarmar. Highly recommended because she can speak better. After a few days we realise she uses standard sentences. She can't understand beyond a few standard household words. Patiently we taught her to cook and speak. Half a year and can do better but head swells. Thought she is so smart. Talks loudly and dislikes us going into the kitchen. Got gut to bang my utensils until I told her she is going back to agent. Now show black face is you ask her to do a little more. Sometimes I rather do it myself after returning home late from work.

We talked over and for next couple of weeks improve a little. Then nonsense starts and worse this time if you tell her off for forgetting to do stuff, she will break one stuff like family photo frames for you or spoil your clothes by breaching it into another colour. Basic knowledge that agent claims to have taught them. Not sure who is lying. We noticed it became a pattern - revengeful. You may say it is accidental but we have dropped the frame many times but did not break. It must be hit every hard with a hard object to break. Just waiting to finish her contract to send her off.

They demand equal payment but do not have the capability and trying to be smart. Like Mini, I give up and Will not engage another one. Think again mums and dads do we really need them. If not don't pay them to mess our lives.

Myanmar maids r complete nightmare! V v v slow & stupid and their english is CMI. Indo maids are also horrible. My prev maid was Indo and at first she was ok, but after few mths start to show attitude and became v lazy. Sent her back after 6 mths, cos we hire her to do hsework and not to sit ard to watch telly half the day!
The thing abt Pinoy maids, they r smarter but this means they r also more cunning and sly. a lot of patterns! So if u really need a helper in your hsehold, u hv no choice but to pick your battles.

The Mynmar maids u all talking about, do they come from Manipur (India border). My maid agent kept promoting maids from there. Tell me they can't speak Tamil but good in English.

Saying indo n Filipinos are demanding, expensive n even want four off days. Maids from Manipur are very docile n accommodating, 1-2 off days sufficient. Dunno how true.

Hi, I have just hired a Myanmar maid. Her salary per month is $550. We actually wanted her to take Sundays off as we are usually not at home. However, we were told by agent that she only wants one Sunday off and we have to pay her an additional $20 for each Sunday. Seems like as an employer we are not given a choice on this matter. I would like to check whether this is the case for others. Advise would be much appreciated.

Right, kinda of no choice. Some prefer stay home n dun go out, can get more income. Plus u are not ard on sundays, she will b happier alone at hm. My maid used to fake sick on Sunday morning when we ask her go off which she did not request.

I believe they promote what they have in surplus. Do not believe fully what they say. They only want to make money from us and the maids. Once we take them it becomes our problems. Many will tell you when you complain to send them home. Who pays? We of course. Then they learn another set of costs. Another reason they don't have to lie for transfers.

Initially these Mynamar maids are very humble and don't want yo go out. Once they are familiar and loan amount is paid, they will ask for all sort of things, show black face, talk loudly and start to argue. Be strict from the beginning and set boundary.

One pattern i notice from my experience and from sharing with friends is each time you told her off, she gets even by breaking one thing or spoiling one stuff, for those of us whose kids are grown up, we should not rely on them any more. cant wait for it to end.

Another pattern is if she wants to ask for favour, she will be extremely hardworking, smiling with full initiative on that day. Give up on them.

Back