IVF/ICSI Support Group

Any sisters experienced this - biggest follicles at last scan is less than 18 but was asked to trigger 1-2 days later?
I have read that min size for trigger is 18. Thurs, I had my scan and my biggest follicle is 16 only, the rest range from 15-10. Was told to jab another 2 days till tdy. This morning, went for my progesterone blood test @ KKH but no more scanning le.
I wonder why they push for trigger when I don't have any follicles 18 in size?
Now feeling quite uneasy becos don't know if follicles got any growth? Previously no growth on left ovary from baseline till 3rd scan. Worried later on Monday (ER) will have any rude shock...

Hi @dramaqueenie , did my scan yest d7 of stimming. Biggest follicle is 14mm. Am told to continue stim for another 2 days and go back for scan mon morning. Doc told me that if got 3 or more follies above size 17mm, den they will trigger.
Mayb for ur case, the doc pretty sure that ur foolies will reach size above 17 when trigger. Thatz y no more scan ba. Just trust that u r in good hand and don too stress.

Hi @dramaqueenie , did my scan yest d7 of stimming. Biggest follicle is 14mm. Am told to continue stim for another 2 days and go back for scan mon morning. Doc told me that if got 3 or more follies above size 17mm, den they will trigger.
Mayb for ur case, the doc pretty sure that ur foolies will reach size above 17 when trigger. Thatz y no more scan ba. Just trust that u r in good hand and don too stress.

Thanks dear, felt kinda like my doc taking a gamble on my expense... Haha... Let's hope for the best lah

anyone here at kkh, going for embryo transfer soon? I was supposed to have it on the embryo's Day 3, but was too bloated and uncomfortable (seems common after egg retrieval, but later realised might possible due to gastric). Doing transfer on day 5 instead.

can still eat soft boiled egg whites after transfer? I'm so new to this, dunno what is good to eat. Me and hubby staying on our own, and seems like I've to do most things on my own, including cooking.... :( I hope it gets better after the transfer.

I did my ER last Fri. Told to do ET on Mon. Experience very discomfort. Sharp pain a nd pulling sensation at both hip area both sides. Too painkillers and not of help. Worried, if on Mon still feel the pain, how?

Last edited:
I did my ET last Fri. Told to do ET on Mon. Experience very discomfort. Sharp pain a nd pulling sensation at both hip area both sides. Too painkillers and not of help. Worried, if on Mon still feel the pain, how?

omg... u did at kkh too? thought it would be painless like pap smear.. Try to relax, breath, maybe tense muscles.

I'm going to do the ET on Monday early morning.

omg... u did at kkh too? thought it would be painless like pap smear.. Try to relax, breath, maybe tense muscles.

I'm going to do the ET on Monday early morning.
Mine transfer at kkh in morning too. My last cycle no problem. This time round comes with discomfort, bloated and pain. Has called clinic this morning, told to drink more water and take painkillers.

Hi xiuwenx, had fet on thurs noon, only 1 embryo day 4 morula stage transferred, another 1 not growing to optimal size so hv to say bye bye, the morula photo got a black spot, I ask my hubby why look like chao tah, is it the oven overcook it haha, currently in 2ww, not holding high hope... Hope is a super fighter...

Ah! Dont think too much! Mus stay positive..i think i failed my FET the first time round too cus i duno wat to xpect..kinda stressed up ..worried abt results..all these aint gonna help ..

Must find things tt u love to do ..do during these 2ww so tt it takes yr mind off from those unhappy or worrying matters!

I hope ur one is a super super fighter!! Jiayou jiayou!!

My SIL just announced yest that she is 7 months pregnant and she didnt know about it until few days ago! After few miscarriages and a still born 3 years ago, she just stop ttc cos cant bear the stress and more heartbreaks plus she has other health issues to take care of. And this good news came as a big surprise to everyone. She is pretty big size all these while, so we just think that she must have put on weight. So i think stress is a very important factor to consider when ttc. The more we stress, the harder for us to achieve whatever we want. Haiz. End of the day, it's easier said than done.

Any sisters experienced this - biggest follicles at last scan is less than 18 but was asked to trigger 1-2 days later?
I have read that min size for trigger is 18. Thurs, I had my scan and my biggest follicle is 16 only, the rest range from 15-10. Was told to jab another 2 days till tdy. This morning, went for my progesterone blood test @ KKH but no more scanning le.
I wonder why they push for trigger when I don't have any follicles 18 in size?
Now feeling quite uneasy becos don't know if follicles got any growth? Previously no growth on left ovary from baseline till 3rd scan. Worried later on Monday (ER) will have any rude shock...
Hi dramaqueenie, my last scan prior trigger, follicles are less than desired sizes (18). Many were smaller than expected too.

But they managed to retrieve 13 eggs. 10 matured and eventually 8 fertilized.

Don't worry, follicles will still grow up till day of retrieval :)

For myself, I religiously drank red bean soup & ate egg whites (3 per day) Trust, it does help to boost lining and egg quality :)

I also took 'Conceive Well' from blackmores & of course folic acid :)

Currently in my 2ww :)

All the best for your upcoming ET :)

Hi dramaqueenie, my last scan prior trigger, follicles are less than desired sizes (18). Many were smaller than expected too.

For myself, I religiously drank red bean soup & ate egg whites (3 per day) Trust, it does help to boost lining and egg quality :)

All the best to you! When is your BT?

ImageUploadedByForum1441465038.883486.jpg

Guys I have been lurking for awhile and some of u might know me from a few months back

Oh well we are back with our second FET

Need your advice, wifey did a test at 6dp5dt using early predictor brand (from Watson) and in ten minutes there was nothing so she threw it away. When she came home at night she took a second look and the attached photo is what she saw. I have heard of Evaps but something so pink just throws me off

Have anyone of u had experience with something like this?

Things we did different (4th try)
Natural FET , scratching, intralipid, blastocyst at KK

I know of course to try and test again but u know how it is, super anxious and worried if the next test is bfn, oh well.... That's how it is

Hope this post doesn't offend anyone

View attachment 570873
Guys I have been lurking for awhile and some of u might know me from a few months back

Oh well we are back with our second FET

Need your advice, wifey did a test at 6dp5dt using early predictor brand (from Watson) and in ten minutes there was nothing so she threw it away. When she came home at night she took a second look and the attached photo is what she saw. I have heard of Evaps but something so pink just throws me off

Have anyone of u had experience with something like this?

Things we did different (4th try)
Natural FET , scratching, intralipid, blastocyst at KK

I know of course to try and test again but u know how it is, super anxious and worried if the next test is bfn, oh well.... That's how it is

Hope this post doesn't offend anyone

U should test again Tomorrow just to be sure.

Congrats dear, very nice numbers u have there I hope I can make it to ET *fingers crossed*

Thanks dear, I also pray that you will be spreading bb dusts to us real soon

Mine transfer at kkh in morning too. My last cycle no problem. This time round comes with discomfort, bloated and pain. Has called clinic this morning, told to drink more water and take painkillers.
Hi teddy75, mayb is OHSS after ER??, have plenty of sleep, put Hot pack on tummy, eat plenty of egg whites as protein & hot red bean soups

anyone here at kkh, going for embryo transfer soon? I was supposed to have it on the embryo's Day 3, but was too bloated and uncomfortable (seems common after egg retrieval, but later realised might possible due to gastric). Doing transfer on day 5 instead.

can still eat soft boiled egg whites after transfer? I'm so new to this, dunno what is good to eat. Me and hubby staying on our own, and seems like I've to do most things on my own, including cooking.... :( I hope it gets better after the transfer.
Hi milc, yes eat plenty of egg whites min 3per day, drink h20 to replenish water loss, chicken , raspberry leaf tea, red bean soups n put hot pack at Tummy, have a Gd sleep!

Hi all.. trying my 2nd one now via ivf. Had only 1 big follicle and 3 small ones which nurses say the small ones may not make it for ER. During ER surprisingly managed to get all 4 out and 3 managed to fertilised. Did my ET on 31 Aug. Put in 2 and 1 managed to freeze. 2ww is a torture..

Ah! Dont think too much! Mus stay positive..i think i failed my FET the first time round too cus i duno wat to xpect..kinda stressed up ..worried abt results..all these aint gonna help ..

Must find things tt u love to do ..do during these 2ww so tt it takes yr mind off from those unhappy or worrying matters!

I hope ur one is a super super fighter!! Jiayou jiayou!!

Thanks Xiuwenx, hope everything goes on well for u & other ladies fighters too...had a dream abt a rooster, hope is a gd sign... Jiayou wor!!!

Hello! What is intralipid?
That is a cocktail of stuff that is injected to the body through Iv drip.

We have Nk cells in our bodies naturally that rejects foreign objects as an immunity. So if the NK cell is too high, it's said that it might reject the embies after its transferred

Do note that this is not a scientifically proven thing yet but since we always had great embies, no fertility issues but always just failed to implant, we decided to just go for it and I'm sure what worked but we did scratch , blast and intralipid.

If u ask me, I will never go for anything other than blast in future if we are to try again. We have tried 2days, 3 days,4days transferred and this blast is what worked for us.
Considering 15 taken out in er and in the end of the journey we only had two blasts. So how much heartache we had transferring all the others who "might" never have made it in the first place and keep getting bfn.
But to each its own. Some like to try as much as possible but for me I rather whack all the best in that one cycle since its heartache to see my wife get sad from all the bfn we had so far

Congrats dear, very nice numbers u have there I hope I can make it to ET *fingers crossed*

Thanks dear, I also pray that you will be spreading bb dusts to us real soon
i think mine was similar situation to yours. quite a few follicles size were about 17.5 or 16, and then they sent me for the trigger shot. retrieved 27 eggs, there's fear of ohss. 9 survived to day 3 .... dunno if it's a good number or not. Still having sore ovaries now (yes sticking to egg white, water) . I'm having the ET on day 5, hopefully all 9 of them made it. good luck, don't worry too much about the retrieval, take care.

That is a cocktail of stuff that is injected to the body through Iv drip.

We have Nk cells in our bodies naturally that rejects foreign objects as an immunity. So if the NK cell is too high, it's said that it might reject the embies after its transferred

Do note that this is not a scientifically proven thing yet but since we always had great embies, no fertility issues but always just failed to implant, we decided to just go for it and I'm sure what worked but we did scratch , blast and intralipid.

If u ask me, I will never go for anything other than blast in future if we are to try again. We have tried 2days, 3 days,4days transferred and this blast is what worked for us.
Considering 15 taken out in er and in the end of the journey we only had two blasts. So how much heartache we had transferring all the others who "might" never have made it in the first place and keep getting bfn.
But to each its own. Some like to try as much as possible but for me I rather whack all the best in that one cycle since its heartache to see my wife get sad from all the bfn we had so far
Scientifically, it's seems that blast has a higher chance of success.
But science is never 100%. Personally, I had 2 blast of very good grade transferred but still BFN. But here there are sisters who BFP with day 2-4 transfer. So in a way it's really dependent on "up there".
I used to have this question, if the embryologist did not attempt to grow the embbies to day 5 but transfer and freeze the rest at day 3, would those embbies which arrested after day 3 still be able to result in a BFP eventually? Theoretically it seems like no, but some doctors believe that the womb is a better place to grow the embby Instead of the lab, hence they advocate day 2 transfer.
Enough of my long story, still happy for ur wife BFP! :)

This round ur wife transferred how many embryos? The endo scratch was done this round or previous round?

But science is never 100%. Personally, I had 2 blast of very good grade transferred but still BFN. But here there are sisters who BFP with day 2-4 transfer. So in a way it's really dependent on "up there".
I used to have this question, if the embryologist did not attempt to grow the embbies to day 5 but transfer and freeze the rest at day 3, would those embbies which arrested after day 3 still be able to result in a BFP eventually? Theoretically it seems like no, but some doctors believe that the womb is a better place to grow the embby Instead of the lab, hence they advocate day 2 transfer.

This round ur wife transferred how many embryos? The endo scratch was done this round or previous round?
I agree with u. Ivf is nv an exact science. U can nv explain why some supposedly very good looking blast dont make it yet some three day average type of embs make it. I think the strategy is try different things each time and hope something sticks

Hi all.. trying my 2nd one now via ivf. Had only 1 big follicle and 3 small ones which nurses say the small ones may not make it for ER. During ER surprisingly managed to get all 4 out and 3 managed to fertilised. Did my ET on 31 Aug. Put in 2 and 1 managed to freeze. 2ww is a torture..

I just did a FET last week with my 1 and only embryo and is doing my 2ww too. It's so torturous. And now I've cramping. :-( when is ur BT? Mine is this sat.

My wife transferred two blast in this natural FET. We did the scratch previous round before the last menses

Oh? Do again?

Haven't heard of it. Can help explain out a little? Thankfully for u guys else I would not have known that and dr LOH did not mention
Coz pregnancy not stable yet n still may hv chance of rejection. So far for myself I dripped 4 times as I had spotting till 8 weeks.

Hi
Coz pregnancy not stable yet n still may hv chance of rejection. So far for myself I dripped 4 times as I had spotting till 8 weeks.
Colettines, How much is this intralipid treatment cost per time? Is it spotting and u went to do it? Can know the purpose of doing?

Oh? Do again?

Haven't heard of it. Can help explain out a little? Thankfully for u guys else I would not have known that and dr LOH did not mention
I didn't hv to do the drip again after bfp although i know many had to return for another round - only once before ER. Just recheck w Dr Loh is best.

Congrats again & wishing you and wife a smooth journey ahead.

Back