(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi, just wondering is there any formula to avoid for baby with azcema.. I'm planning to slowly introduce FM to my.boy and I have a small tin of Similac.. Not sure can give a not..

So fAr my #2 with eczema she tried a couple of fm, but i stick to enfa (msia). Doc nv mention it affecting her skin prob. Hers on both cheeks, so have to apply barrier cream be4 makan and keep dry the area, use soap free bath soap n moisturize.

Sigh...my LO turning 4mths old in few days time having phlegmy cough... Bringing her to see pd tmr morning... So heart broken to see her coughing with phelgm. TBF leh...how come so phlegmy ah?

I think it might be the haze and the strong winds. My lo been having running nose the past week. Try rubbing vicks on soles of feet and wear socks?

Hi, just wondering is there any formula to avoid for baby with azcema.. I'm planning to slowly introduce FM to my.boy and I have a small tin of Similac.. Not sure can give a not..
My PD told me my boi got a bit of eczema and she told me to change fm to those with H.A milk. i.e: nan H.A. I am giving him similac for formula. But I told my PD that now my boi mostly drink bm rather than fm. Only once in a while I give him fm. So I do not change yet, since he will not drink much of fm.

My PD told me my boi got a bit of eczema and she told me to change fm to those with H.A milk. i.e: nan H.A. I am giving him similac for formula. But I told my PD that now my boi mostly drink bm rather than fm. Only once in a while I give him fm. So I do not change yet, since he will not drink much of fm.

Is it true fm must be thrown away 1mth after opening the tin? Mine also once in awhile i feed her with fm but hardly can finish 400gr tin in a month..

My bb 4 months old and he is not sleeping a lot in day time. The most is half an hour. If not will be a few nap ard 15 mins. My nanny said bb should sleep n eat. Just want to find out other bbs sleeping pattern.

My bb 4 months old and he is not sleeping a lot in day time. The most is half an hour. If not will be a few nap ard 15 mins. My nanny said bb should sleep n eat. Just want to find out other bbs sleeping pattern.

Mine too, when she turns 4mths last mth. The longest she slept in the day was only half an hour. And wanted to play alot. But at night she is sleeping thru the night. Today, 2 days after she turned 5mths, she was sleeping the whole day. Awake just to be fed and change. Now she is sleeping again and it's only 7.45pm. She woke up at 6 just now. Fed, shower and change. Now sleep.

I think its just growth spurt. Babies work in a funny way. So just follow their cues lah.

Mine too.. not sleeping and not drinking.. at 4 mths 3 days old today.. stressing me and my mum out.. esp when I'm starting work next week!

Same! My bb 3.5mths and she is not sleeping much. In fact its her pattern ever since she was born.. Used to drink 3 hourly but now no pattern. She will reject to drink and play the teat with her tongue..

Oh yah my bb can push her body forward with both her legs and butt moving while on tummy position. As if she wanna crawl. Today can move forward abit til her head touch her toys. Also, i need to keep singing songs while putting her to sleep! Used to be just pat pat her butt or swing her only. Seems her habits change again..

My bb 4 months and 2 days old, still sleep quite a bit. Usually nap every 2 hours and 1 long afternoon nap. Finally flip himself today. Was so lazy. Duno wad happen, but he drank 2 hrly 3 times today.

I think i getting post ML blues. Going to start work next thurs. Feeling abit lost. Like alot of things I still want to do. Yet I feel so bored at home also.

My bb 4 months and 2 days old, still sleep quite a bit. Usually nap every 2 hours and 1 long afternoon nap. Finally flip himself today. Was so lazy. Duno wad happen, but he drank 2 hrly 3 times today.

I think i getting post ML blues. Going to start work next thurs. Feeling abit lost. Like alot of things I still want to do. Yet I feel so bored at home also.

I heard from friends bb tend to go on milk strike around 4~5 mths. I think some even earlier. But at least as they get older we can a breather when they sleep through the night. Now coping with my boy's eczema, heat rash and salivating issues. Really one challenge after another for mums when bb is hitting milestone.

I had bought pacifiers before i delivered n was hesitant to use them on bb until last resort. Everyone around me has been urging me to give him one to ease my stress on managing his fussiness but i just persevere. Now that he is into the phase of sucking fists n thumbs, I'm really tempted to do so. Would like to hear from mummies here if u r giving ur bb the pacifier n is it tough to wean off thereafter?

Same! My bb 3.5mths and she is not sleeping much. In fact its her pattern ever since she was born.. Used to drink 3 hourly but now no pattern. She will reject to drink and play the teat with her tongue..

Oh yah my bb can push her body forward with both her legs and butt moving while on tummy position. As if she wanna crawl. Today can move forward abit til her head touch her toys. Also, i need to keep singing songs while putting her to sleep! Used to be just pat pat her butt or swing her only. Seems her habits change again..
Ur bb n mine exactly same habits n mine also 3.5 weeks. Hate it when he plays the teat with his tongue when drinking. Take away bottle then he buay song n start crying.

I had bought pacifiers before i delivered n was hesitant to use them on bb until last resort. Everyone around me has been urging me to give him one to ease my stress on managing his fussiness but i just persevere. Now that he is into the phase of sucking fists n thumbs, I'm really tempted to do so. Would like to hear from mummies here if u r giving ur bb the pacifier n is it tough to wean off thereafter?

Initially I have the same thought as you also. But when I gave the pacifiers to my bb he rejected.. sometime he even get angry when I keep pushing the pacifiers to him. Haha. .

My bb also sucking her fists and fingers v frequent whenever she feels like it. And she salivates alot too. So sometimes i let her play with her fingers (not thumb though), and sometimes i will give her pacifiers.

Now I am abit worried that my maid will give her pacifier all the time when she is cranky. I told my maid not to unless really no choice. Dunno if she will listen. So far my bb will reject pacifier only if she dun feel like sucking. Other than that she will suck it happily. I guess its each mom preference. Some pacifier in fact promote teeth growth..

We usually only give pacifier when he's going to sleep/nap. I will just hold the pacifier in his mouth if he's spitting it out... Rest of the time, we don't really give him pacifier in fact he don't want also..

It is actually easier to wean off pacifier than thumb... My nephew now 3+ but we still can't get him wean off his thumb...

Being 3rd time mother can also be nerve wrecking. I'm quite grateful to all the mummies here too.

With #1 I resisted giving pacifier until bo bian. It was quite easy to wean off with him. After 1 year old no need already. #2 didn't want. #3 I give. Only when sleepy she want. After sleep she will also spit out. I think it's a way of self soothe. No harm. Just don't every small thing give I think. Try distracting, talking, singing. But now we are better at recognising cues la. Sometimes we know she's tired liao then don't bother and just pop into her mouth let her suckle for comfort. Actually, I feel baby is more settled when they can find comfort.

I also try not to let her suckle her thumb. My good friend's kid already 3 year old. Still can't wean off his thumb. Suck until the thumb nua already. Now have to bandage the hands when he sleep at night but still doesn't work. Cos the kid will suck until the bandage come off. So from his experience, I very much prefer the pacifier. Want to wean can just throw away. Can't possibly throw their hands away right...

Totally agree that pacifier is easier to wean than thumb. But my girl sucks and licks her hand so often now even in the middle of her sleep. I've to be alert to remove them then pin her down in order to make her sleep back if not she will be totally awake. She cannot fall asleep on her own which we're very troubled by it. Sigh. We must even hold her eyelids down if she's drowsy. No matter how drowsy she is,she just cannot sleep!

I also give pacifier when sleeping. She spits out after slept and most of the time rejecting it. So I hold it until she sucks it. If not at times quite tough to soothe her.

Totally agree that pacifier is easier to wean than thumb. But my girl sucks and licks her hand so often now even in the middle of her sleep. I've to be alert to remove them then pin her down in order to make her sleep back if not she will be totally awake. She cannot fall asleep on her own which we're very troubled by it. Sigh. We must even hold her eyelids down if she's drowsy. No matter how drowsy she is,she just cannot sleep!

I also give pacifier when sleeping. She spits out after slept and most of the time rejecting it. So I hold it until she sucks it. If not at times quite tough to soothe her.

Sometimes my boy just suck the pacifier and fell asleep himself.. But I don't know why my boy seldom spit out pacifier when sleeping one.. Everytime I hope he will spit it out soon after sleeping...

Is it true fm must be thrown away 1mth after opening the tin? Mine also once in awhile i feed her with fm but hardly can finish 400gr tin in a month..

Yup u can read the fine print of the tin. Shld state discard 1 month after opening.. Even my older kids fm 1.8kg aso got state. Tat y abit wasted if bb drinks lil fm...

My lo aso naps short while, unless got ppl beside him zzz tgt. Seeing them grow so fast, play, baby talk...... Aiyo soo adorable!

Yup u can read the fine print of the tin. Shld state discard 1 month after opening.. Even my older kids fm 1.8kg aso got state. Tat y abit wasted if bb drinks lil fm...

My lo aso naps short while, unless got ppl beside him zzz tgt. Seeing them grow so fast, play, baby talk...... Aiyo soo adorable!
Haih.. I just bought 900gr enfamil. Hoping to open only when i am sure i can finish those in a month.. Change from similac coz my bb seems dun like its taste.

May I know what is ur bb weight? My boy is now 6.9kg @ 4m+

Mine at 4 and half months (taken on the 18th aug) was 6.3kg. She's in the lower 25th percentile. A lil small compared to her other peers her age.

And its been said that normally baby boys will be bigger compared to babt girls.

So long babies are responsive to us, wants to play, smile, cry and laugh when they are suppose to, enough wet and soiled diapers, feeding well, I guess it shld be alrite!

My girl cannot fall asleep on her own 80% of the time too! Her dad main jobscope now is to bring her into the darkened masterbed room, hold her tight, getly rock her, shush her and hold her hands down as the startle reflex sometimes still scares her. Its rather tiring each night and we r hoping she will sleep by her own soon.

Anyway my girl is 6.8kg now at 1 week shy of 4 months (adjusted age). I checked the health booklet. She is now 75th percentile. Quite surprised

My boy is 6.3kg at 4 m 7 d. 25 percentile. I wonder is it because I don't have a lot of milk for him that's why he's on the small side... I'm consider low supply

My boy is 7.2kg at 3.5mths. Last check was 90th percentile. Carry until my back and hands breaking. His birth weight was barely 2.7kg. Initially 60% fm 40% bm now progressing to 80%bm 20%fm cuz im afraid fm make him fat due to sugar.

I give pacifier too... once I saw her suck her fist and fingers alot until a finger sore... very red. So decide better use pacifier then.

Mine's 7.5kg at 4m5d, on tbm too. So scared she will lose weight when I go back work starting Mon. Think I worry too much.. haha
Jts.. I brought both #1 and LO to watch Inside Out yesterday, singlehandedly! Glad I survived the movie w/o much hoo haa. . Except that LO was fussing quite a bit.. so instead of watching it seated.. I had to stand at the back of the cinema and bf her while standing. Zzz.. but I'm glad I managed to bf in my manduca.. finally! Guess when circumstances force u.. u will just be able to do it! I remembered failing at many attempts to feed in the carrier previously! Overall, a good movie experience and a day out with the children before work starts!!! Omy! I hope I survive the corporate jungle out there again!
Enjoy the weekend ladies!!! :)

@evelyntan83Thats 90th or 95th. Do u feed him every two hrs? How much per feeding? Coz mine like every two hrs n each feeding around 100~120ml.

I just tried giving my boy pacifier coz applied cream on his hand for eczema dun want him to eat it. He not interested, frown n spit out. Hiaz....

My lo 8.7kg .. At 1wk shy of 4mth.. Been over chart at 1mo, cos of gene i suppose..
But bb will change once they start walking... As long drink well, n is active n healthy can liao..
Wah seh! Power bb. U must have developed strong biceps n triceps carrying bb.

My girl can only drink 50-60ml each feed. She is quite lean though her cheek quite chubby. Though she is only 6kg, my arm and ankles feel so painful everytime carry her..

Haven log in for days! So busy busy…

Wow many chubby May babies! Mine was at 5.8kg at 3mths chkup last wk. sure feels alot heavier when carrying him to nap. Napping less n less during daytime! Like 20-30min only will auto wake up to play. Or fuss. Sighs

But he did sleep frm 10+ to 4am last nite. Finally showing signs of sleeping thru? Hope so!

Milk wise drinking lesser now liao. Dropped 1-2 feeds. Still stuck at 120ml per feed.

Back