Terrible terrible headaches

illya16

Hi mummies, any solutions to my terrible headaches? I'm reaching 16 weeks tomorrow in my first pregnancy but the headaches are getting very very horrible. I don't want to rely on paracetamol but is there any way to relieve this pain? It's so bad that I really don't want to do anything but I still have to work.

Please help!

Do u usually have such headaches before pregnancy? Paractomal is safe ...if really painful and can relief ur pain y not? For me I have migraine which is useless even I eat panadol

I had bad headaches daily when I was about 16 weeks too. I went for prenatal massage and it helped. However do note that not all prenatal massage does it for pregnancies below 20 weeks. I did mine at afond spa once and the headache subsided after that.

Do u usually have such headaches before pregnancy? Paractomal is safe ...if really painful and can relief ur pain y not? For me I have migraine which is useless even I eat panadol

No. I don't have such headaches unless I'm really sick. And this only started this week. Feel so horrible. Only normal paracetamol is ok right?

I had bad headaches daily when I was about 16 weeks too. I went for prenatal massage and it helped. However do note that not all prenatal massage does it for pregnancies below 20 weeks. I did mine at afond spa once and the headache subsided after that.

Afond spa? Where is that and what's the price like? Looking to go for a massage too. The pregnancy is taking a toll on my body.

Hi illya16,

I just spoke to my gynae yday regarding severe headaches. I am wk 15, day 3 now, my severe headaches on the right side of my head only, started 2 wks ago, it comes n goes and sometimes last for 2 consecutive days. Doc says becoz of my migraine history, it will worsen throughout my pregnancy. She suggested taking normal panadol, 2tablets every 8hours, not more than 6tablets a day. But I didn't want to expose my baby to panadol so I chose bedrest and try to sleep through it. My husband will also help massage my head every few hours to relieve the tension.

Hi mummies, any solutions to my terrible headaches? I'm reaching 16 weeks tomorrow in my first pregnancy but the headaches are getting very very horrible. I don't want to rely on paracetamol but is there any way to relieve this pain? It's so bad that I really don't want to do anything but I still have to work.

Please help!

Oh dear. :( I think normal panadol shld be fine.. u shld consult your gynae. Headaches can be caused by many things, include stress. Maybe u can try some stress relief techniques n massages? Shld find out the root cause of your headache and solve the issue from thr. HTHs!

I hope your headaches are much better now. I have terrible headaches up to 16weeks. I suspect is my low haemagoblin level as i was tested ard 8.7. Did you take iron pills? M ok now at 20 weeks no headache. Try eating oranges and eat meiji crackers. It helps a bit for me. Also sleep early and no junk food. Lots of water too..

for me, i also have headaches during my first trimester. but i didnt take any pain killer at all, just apply medicated oil on my head

I was given hyperpertension medication for my headache. First time in my life...and first time for my 4th pregnancy.

Back