Any good skin doctor to recommend in Mount E Orchard?

Hi,

I had my first bout of folliculitus (acne) on both sides of my buttocks, around mid-June, after I suffered a miscarriage, and caught a cold during bath and shampoo that night. Went to see skin dr at national skin center on July 9, where anti-bacterial wash, batroban nasal spray and benzoyl peroxide were prescribed for a duration of 2 weeks. After applying these, most of the acne on the buttocks subsided, with the exception of a few minor ones on thighs (more on right) and also the more resistant ones on buttocks, so went back to skin centre on July 23, where the doctor prescribed me with dalacin T solution with alcohol to apply for 2 weeks. They have now healed up, and left with a brownish scar mark.

However, about 2 weeks ago, about 1 or 2 new acne broke out in both sides of the buttocks again. I repeated the July 9 method. It seems that the left side is healing more than the right. Not sure why right buttock is not making much improvement. I have tried with hot water compress, which did not seem to do much. So I am thinking of going back to skin centre, to let the dr check out again. However, when I tried to make the e-appointment online, being told that no more slot until mid-Oct. I did not take the slot, as afraid by then, either my acne on the buttocks will have got worse, or it will have healed up already.

So thinking of going to Mount E Orchard medical centre, to let skin doctor take a look, as better to treat it now that the affected area is still small, rather than when it becomes full-blown. However, I do not know which one to pick.

So just wondering if you mummies have any recommendations?

And better still, any methods to stop the acne from developing further?

I have read on the Internet that in my case, probably after the miscarriage, the number of bad bacteria is more than the good, so there is an imbalance. So I have started drinking Yakult probiotics, since middle of this week, to see if the acne will have a marked improvement.

Might be due to hormone imbalance. Can try a plant based hormone cream "Meditrina Herbal Cream" if you like. Safe for use even during pregnancy. Have been using it and thus have trust in this product.

Might be due to hormone imbalance. Can try a plant based hormone cream "Meditrina Herbal Cream" if you like. Safe for use even during pregnancy. Have been using it and thus have trust in this product.

Hi juzsharing,

Thanks for recommending the cream. I started using it again, after reading your post, as I got it from the place I did my facial in Jan this year. Seems that no more new acne growing on the butts, and the existing ones are continuing to heal up, though not completely yet.

@tryingtoconceive2014, look for Dr Cheong Lai Leng. I went to see her when I had very bad eczema during pregnancy.
P_20150912_181744.jpg

How about Mount E Novena?
If you are ok, can find Dr Lim Kar Seng.
He works quite closely with many doctors in Parkway.

Back