(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

If you are already producing more and you don't want to keep fbm, then no point producing the extra, no?? You can drop a pump and let your supply dip first??
yeah thinking of that.

Currently the situation is something like this: 615 am pump - I get abt 400ml (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less but on avg it is abt 400ml). 1130 am - abt 300 / 300+ 530pm - also abt 300-300+ 10pm - 250-300ml . Total yield a day is abt 1.3l. LO takes a bit less than 1l, but let's assume I want to keep it at abt 1L as a buffer (About a 23% drop).

To combine the 615am pump and the 1130 am pump to around 830 am when I reach the office (so it is less of a rush and I get more sleep?) Or to combine the 1130 am and 530pm pump to 1 pump at about 2pm?

for the former I am not sure how to move to that schedule short of me pumping foe quick relief b4 I leave for work and also prpvably bring fwd my 1130 am pump. I went mad 2 weekends ago ... i just dropped the night pump and woke up at about 820am to massively painful boobs. yielded like 600 ml ? hence just suddenly going 12 -13 hrs without pumping is not feasible. ended up pumping 5x the subsequent day to clear the clogged ducts.

Last edited:

How to drop to one pump per day? I am struggling leh, can't stop abruptly

depends on your supply... if your supply has a lot, instead of dropping straight to one pump, you should try extend the hours...say you are pumping at 12hr interval, you should drag to 14 to 16 hours first then pump out completely and keep dragging till you are comfortable to 24hrs pump...

for me, because i have blockages, massage lady helped to clear the milk completely, then she advised me to just pump at night and also to take medicine from dr to stop milk production. Technically that day still 2x (one massage one evening pump). YEsterday had my once a day pump... i was already very UNcomfortable by 3pm...tahan till 9pm then i pumped (320ml, my usual daily pump at 2ppd was 650-700ml).... i also gotten gynae to prescribe dostinex.. and i pop the tiny tablet ... So last night is my FINAL pump and I left ONE final bottle of ebm in my fridge....

meanwhile i also put cabbage, drinking peppermint leave tea - trying to kill the supply...

i shall have BKT and Pork Liver today :p

Last edited:
yeah thinking of that.

Currently the situation is something like this: 615 am pump - I get abt 400ml (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less but on avg it is abt 400ml). 1130 am - abt 300 / 300+ 530pm - also abt 300-300+ 10pm - 250-300ml . Total yield a day is abt 1.3l. LO takes a bit less than 1l, but let's assume I want to keep it at abt 1L as a buffer (About a 23% drop).

To combine the 615am pump and the 1130 am pump to around 830 am when I reach the office (so it is less of a rush and I get more sleep?) Or to combine the 1130 am and 530pm pump to 1 pump at about 2pm?

for the former I am not sure how to move to that schedule short of me pumping foe quick relief b4 I leave for work and also prpvably bring fwd my 1130 am pump. I went mad 2 weekends ago ... i just dropped the night pump and woke up at about 820am to massively painful boobs. yielded like 600 ml ? hence just suddenly going 12 -13 hrs without pumping is not feasible. ended up pumping 5x the subsequent day to clear the clogged ducts.

i think you should spread up your pumping interval... working on the basis you want to pump to drop to 3x (+/- 1hr) without MOTN ... 0800, 1600, 2330

if u have no issues with block ducts, you can shorten your pumping sessions... i think you can afford to go below 1L if you have no intention to freeze cuz its not common to have growth spurt for our babies now. Even though milk is still a staple food for babies below 1 yo... we should also increase our food solids for our growing babies...

i think you should spread up your pumping interval... working on the basis you want to pump to drop to 3x (+/- 1hr) without MOTN ... 0800, 1600, 2330

if u have no issues with block ducts, you can shorten your pumping sessions... i think you can afford to go below 1L if you have no intention to freeze cuz its not common to have growth spurt for our babies now. Even though milk is still a staple food for babies below 1 yo... we should also increase our food solids for our growing babies...
haha my pump sessions are already quite short, < 15 mins on avg. slightly longer on my FS, approx. 13 mins or so. on my S1, its abt 8to 10 mins. will also work on increasing LO's solid intake.. Now taking abt 2-3x solids a day. Then now it is to increase the amt she takes each time.

hey !

was referring to LO'S milk intake ...

haven't gotten my period yet , no ss problems but I am now wondering if it's the right time to start dropping pumps. I am producing about 40% to 50% more than what Lo needs. I feel it's not efficient to get a new freezer and then wind up blessing the milk to others if lo doesn't take fbm , or to thrown away so many milk bags / milk . I'd prefer lo to not have fbm
But currently u still pump 4 times a day right? Jialat leh my menses making my ss drop till super super super little

haha my pump sessions are already quite short, < 15 mins on avg. slightly longer on my FS, approx. 13 mins or so. on my S1, its abt 8to 10 mins. will also work on increasing LO's solid intake.. Now taking abt 2-3x solids a day. Then now it is to increase the amt she takes each time.
I find my S1 not able to clear my boobs nowadays.. do you have such problem? supply drop too.. my menses returned :(

my gal has been waking up in middle of night to play and baby talk.. i am so tired.. been happening for a week already.. anyone of you exp the same?

Mine tooooo!!! Took me an hr to pacify my boy to slp back. Hopefully its only a passing phase. =/
omg i thot it was only my gal.. i hope it pass soon.. been so tired, cos i can't slp when she is tossing n turning n baby talking.. i would lie on the bed and when she wants to nurse, she will crawl over me and hit me or use her head to dive onto me..

Hi mummies. I have a qns: does ur Lo latch on different and funny positions now? M asking bcos my lo recently prefers to lie across my chest and latch while i lie down on my back. Scare me! Scared she choking or what. But she will fall aslp almostinstantly once i let her lath this way or else she would not want me to latch her at all and she will hold a fit if i try to cuddle her and latch. Pls tell me its normall . :/

yep aiming for 1 year. not sure if I want to go longer than tt but my feeling now is that I won't wanna go much longer beyond the 1 year mark
my goal was 6 mths.. now cmg 8 mths le, i told myself to stop at 9 mths.. so tiring.. and i think my boss has been hinting pumping taking up alot of time..

hi mummies, understand that babies before 1 years old are not advised to take honey but cerelac has a wheat and honey infant cereal. my in laws bought that and started feeding my baby with it without my knowledge. should i be worried? how will you guys approach this issue?

hi mummies, understand that babies before 1 years old are not advised to take honey but cerelac has a wheat and honey infant cereal. my in laws bought that and started feeding my baby with it without my knowledge. should i be worried? how will you guys approach this issue?
Hey , cerelac has sucrose too and hence I am not in favor of feeding baby that. what I did from the beginning is to buy the cereal I like , and then pass some of it to my mil. u can tell ur PIL gently that there is sugar , and that is not good for baby at tje moment. when baby turns older , they can feed baby that on and off... in the meantime , feed lo the cereal u got (recommended ones are Hipp , heinz, gerber as there is no added sugar )

Hey , cerelac has sucrose too and hence I am not in favor of feeding baby that. what I did from the beginning is to buy the cereal I like , and then pass some of it to my mil. u can tell ur PIL gently that there is sugar , and that is not good for baby at tje moment. when baby turns older , they can feed baby that on and off... in the meantime , feed lo the cereal u got (recommended ones are Hipp , heinz, gerber as there is no added sugar )

thanks for your advice. i am also concerned abt the sugar as I've read that cerelac contains sugar which I'm not comfortable introducing to my baby at this age. its not the first time my pil have fed baby with smth without our knowledge thats why i dont really know how to handle this situation again without seeming fussy and picky...

thanks for your advice. i am also concerned abt the sugar as I've read that cerelac contains sugar which I'm not comfortable introducing to my baby at this age. its not the first time my pil have fed baby with smth without our knowledge thats why i dont really know how to handle this situation again without seeming fussy and picky...
have u let them know what baby can eat?

my goal was 6 mths.. now cmg 8 mths le, i told myself to stop at 9 mths.. so tiring.. and i think my boss has been hinting pumping taking up alot of time..
My intially target also 6m now coming to 8m too I was thinking ss drop so much aft menses shall I stop but abit feel like hang on to at least 1yo...

My intially target also 6m now coming to 8m too I was thinking ss drop so much aft menses shall I stop but abit feel like hang on to at least 1yo...
my ss also drop abit after my menses and did not go back to normal though.. i am thinking to start doing mixed feed soon .. just worried if my ss drop every mth after menses, one day it will not have enuf for her. haha.

i have the same issue with you @gammahedging, i am thinking to drop a pump but can't decide which pump to drop... i would latch my gal one side at abt 5 plus, den 6 plus wake up to pump, 1145am pump in office and 445pm last pump, go home will latch my gal to sleep. the thing is my 6am pump can be as much as my 1145am pump though i latch my gal before i pump...

my ss also drop abit after my menses and did not go back to normal though.. i am thinking to start doing mixed feed soon .. just worried if my ss drop every mth after menses, one day it will not have enuf for her. haha.

i have the same issue with you @gammahedging, i am thinking to drop a pump but can't decide which pump to drop... i would latch my gal one side at abt 5 plus, den 6 plus wake up to pump, 1145am pump in office and 445pm last pump, go home will latch my gal to sleep. the thing is my 6am pump can be as much as my 1145am pump though i latch my gal before i pump...
I dropped the office one... so now its 6sth, 130pm, 10pm. The morning one is my least favorite so the next one I drop it may well be that one

I've prepared fruit and veg puree to be fed and prepares the day's serving to be fed for when I'm at work but my pil feels that she's not fleshy enough and wants to fatten her up...
not sure if u are ok with feeding baby cereal cos if u are u can get those and tell ur pil to feed her what u got instead..so cereal + puree

I dropped the office one... so now its 6sth, 130pm, 10pm. The morning one is my least favorite so the next one I drop it may well be that one
ahh.. i thot i can drop the mrg one so that i can sleep abit later.. haha.. did your ss per pump drop?
btw, do you just drag the 1130am one to 130am and just drop the 530pm one? or u also srag the 530pm pump?

Last edited:
ahh.. i thot i can drop the mrg one so that i can sleep abit later.. haha.. did your ss per pump drop?
btw, do you just drag the 1130am one to 130am and just drop the 530pm one? or u also srag the 530pm pump?
acty no leh .. i get abt 400ml per pump on avg. sometimes my last pump can get 500ml.

I just drag tje 1130 one to 130. the 530 one can take it as moving it forward by 4 hrs

hahaha, but healthier ma.. gotta feed more water after that..
I started my baby on heinz last friday and he has been experiencing mild diarrhea. Paed said nothing to do with the solid as i only started him with just one meal and only a few spoons. Anyway, gotto stop feeding him solid first until he fully recovers. For now, paed suggested to feed more bm and dilute the fm by cutting the fm to half. Sigh....

just cleared my blockages... officially on one pump per day but my ML suggested that I take the medicine from gynae ...faster and easier
Last time ur masseur help u to massage to clear the block is that good n clear? Can I have the contact number if good? TIA

I'm pumping milk in a shopping mall. Forgot to bring ice pack. If I buy ice from foodcourt and put the milk bag inside, can tahan for 3-4hrs?

Hello Mummies out there
Guess your Lo have start teething already
What the symptoms?
Mine lo this week start doesn't nap and milk intake drop
Very fussy and always want companion

Hello Mummies out there
Guess your Lo have start teething already
What the symptoms?
Mine lo this week start doesn't nap and milk intake drop
Very fussy and always want companion
don't rly want to drink .when bottle goes in she will suck a bit and start crying. ok with solids though. drooling, a bit of loose stool

Back