IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

hi dramaqueenie, im not doing ivf actually.. dr wants me to do SO-IUI first... if this cycle fail then go to ivf... probably due to my pcos condition the follicles are slow. i'm at stim day 9 but follicles like 6mm only. is the optimum size at 18mm ? very depressing and at the same time trying to tell myself dont stress up too. wow, i see that u increased your eggs intake to 3-4... is it hard boiled ?
did iui before; so long as follicle grows till ard 12mm, can proceed i recall. I only had 1 follicle ard there my first iui and managed to bfp. but din manage to keep it.

My updates

22/8 CD2 Baseline scan:
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

28/8 SD4 Review scan:
Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6, 5
Left no growth

31/8 SD7 Review scan:
Lining 5.2
Right 11, 10.5, 9, 8, 7.5
Left no growth

3/9 SD10 Review scan:
Lining 8.5?
Right 16, 14.5, 14.5, 14? 15, 10
Left 15?? 11.5? 12? 14?

Still amazed by the development in my left ovary considering that there has been ZERO growth from the baseline scan till the 3rd scan. Seems that my left ovary is ultra hazy so all readings come with question marks. Trigger on Sat and ER on Mon.

Just wanna thanks all the lovely ladies in this forum for all the wonderful sharing n tips. Much appreciated!!

P/S: a quick question sisters. Previously my doc thought the follicles growth was slow hence on stim day 7, they up my dosage from 375 to 450 Gonal-F. Now they want me to continue my jabs for 2 days until Sat trigger. I requested to lower the dosage back to 375 as I din want the high dosage to compromise the quality of eggs. Am gg to be 40 next Feb and has low AMH / reserve. What do you think? Shd I stay put 450 or lower to 375. I started at 375 btw. TIA
Congrats! Staying calm works wonders, so no stress please.
I suggest just follow the doc's advice. They should know best.

Congrats! Staying calm works wonders, so no stress please.
I suggest just follow the doc's advice. They should know best.

Haha think my doc, review doc n nurses all scared by me cos I kept asking to make adjustments to the dosage. Until the nurse said I can choose to stay on 450 or lower to 375, as long as I happy!? Funny right...

Meanwhile, becos we were preempt abt our high cycle cancellation rate, I'm just really happy to make it to ER. Hope can look fwd to ET too. Will just take a step at a time. Thanks dear

Haha think my doc, review doc n nurses all scared by me cos I kept asking to make adjustments to the dosage. Until the nurse said I can choose to stay on 450 or lower to 375, as long as I happy!? Funny right...

Meanwhile, becos we were preempt abt our high cycle cancellation rate, I'm just really happy to make it to ER. Hope can look fwd to ET too. Will just take a step at a time. Thanks dear
Yes, when the time comes, the time comes and I believe your time is coming very very soon! be positive.

Aiyo jialat!! I couldn't remember the antibiotics given by KKH (Azithromycin 250mg x 4 tab) is to be taken when? My trigger on Sat night and ER on Mon. Not sure is it take tmr, Sun or tdy?? Tried calling IVF hotline but haven't been able to get thru. Anyone knows?

Last edited:
Aiyo jialat!! I couldn't remember the antibiotics given by KKH (Azithromcin 250mg x 4 tab) is to be taken when? My trigger on Sat night and ER on Mon. Not sure is it take tmr, Sun or tdy?? Tried calling IVF hotline but haven't been able to get thru. Anyone knows?
Hi,

Is to be taken on your trigger day if I never remb wrongly(cos just did it)...did d nurse write for u the date to be taken on your antibiotic package?

Or you can look at d piece of paper they ask u to bring for trigger...They have instruction printed there

Last edited:
Aiyo jialat!! I couldn't remember the antibiotics given by KKH (Azithromcin 250mg x 4 tab) is to be taken when? My trigger on Sat night and ER on Mon. Not sure is it take tmr, Sun or tdy?? Tried calling IVF hotline but haven't been able to get thru. Anyone knows?

I think its to be taken after ER to prevent inflammation.

I have 6 tabs - so it was day before ER, ER day & the day after ER...

Take on sat lunch or dinner before tigger =)

Hi,

Is to be taken on your trigger day if I never remb wrongly(cos just did it)...did d nurse write for u the date to be taken on your antibiotic package?

Or you can look at d piece of paper they ask u to bring for trigger...They have instruction printed there

Thanks all who replied, will double check with nurse tmr morning when I go for the progesterone blood test.
The nurse did brief me on it (vaguely recalled it was to be taken before ER but I couldn't remember when exactly) but no indication on the meds or schedule paper

I'm surprised it was different for some. I had the impression it was routine meds for all ladies

Thanks all who replied, will double check with nurse tmr morning when I go for the progesterone blood test.
The nurse did brief me on it (vaguely recalled it was to be taken before ER but I couldn't remember when exactly) but no indication on the meds or schedule paper

I'm surprised it was different for some. I had the impression it was routine meds for all ladies

Hi...

Can I check w u...This progesterone blood test kkh ask u to take it or up to individual ?

As I read some of old posting that it kkh will do & I expect d nurse to draw some blood from me to do d test...However no one mention anything?

Thanks in advance for d reply

Hi...

Can I check w u...This progesterone blood test kkh ask u to take it or up to individual ?

As I read some of old posting that it kkh will do & I expect d nurse to draw some blood from me to do d test...However no one mention anything?

Thanks in advance for d reply

Hi dear, u r triggering tonight?
I think it's routine before ovum pick-up. The few ladies I know here all had to do this blood test on the morning of their trigger.

Hi dear, u r triggering tonight?
I think it's routine before ovum pick-up. The few ladies I know here all had to do this blood test on the morning of their trigger.
Hi hi...

Oh no...no one did any blood test for me.. I already had my oocytes picked up ystr and now waiting for kkh to call me (inform what time for ET on monday) ...

Thanks for letting me know this...later when kkh call (or I call them at 11am if they never) I will check with them...

Hi hi...

Oh no...no one did any blood test for me.. I already had my oocytes picked up ystr and now waiting for kkh to call me (inform what time for ET on monday) ...

Thanks for letting me know this...later when kkh call (or I call them at 11am if they never) I will check with them...

Oic. Yes maybe best to chk with them. Was told need to chk for progesterone levels prior to ET. But then if this is compulsory for all then I'm sure the nurse won't missed out such an important test so maybe it's not really applicable to everyone. Its my first fresh so I'm quite clueless too. Keep us posted.

Hi sisters, re the antibiotics, have double checked with the nurse, they used to be taken after ER but now taken on trigger day itself. I think this is very newly implemented as a friend was still taking this after her ER during her May/June cycle. Fyi.

Oic. Yes maybe best to chk with them. Was told need to chk for progesterone levels prior to ET. But then if this is compulsory for all then I'm sure the nurse won't missed out such an important test so maybe it's not really applicable to everyone. Its my first fresh so I'm quite clueless too. Keep us posted.

Hi hi....

Yup you are right they did not miss out on the progesterone test....

I have check with d nurse when she called to let me know the ET timing..... she said that only short protocol need to do it (mine is long protocol) that why I was not tested on that....

Fyi - After the Ovum pick up, Doc prescribed another 5 days antibiotics to complete...

Jia you all ladies ....

I have read that min size for trigger is 18. Thurs, I had my scan and my biggest follicle is 16 only, the rest range from 15-10. Was told to jab another 2 days till tdy. This morning, went for my progesterone blood test but no more scanning le.
I wonder why they push for trigger when I don't have any follicles 18 in size?
Now feeling quite uneasy becos don't know if follicles got any growth? Previously no growth on left ovary from baseline till 3rd scan. Worried later on Monday (ER) will have any rude shock...

I have read that min size for trigger is 18. Thurs, I had my scan and my biggest follicle is 16 only, the rest range from 15-10. Was told to jab another 2 days till tdy. This morning, went for my progesterone blood test but no more scanning le.
Now feeling quite uneasy becos don't know if follicles got any growth? Previously no growth on left ovary from baseline till 3rd scan. Worried later on Monday (ER) will have any rude shock...

Hi hi..

My right side (blocked tube ) show only 1 follicles on 2nd baseline check. ..and by 3rd baseline check shown another 4 more.

Like you I am also worried initally ...but some ladies mentioned follicles do appear and really grow (I mean I'm surprise tt follicles do grow over a few days for my case)

I know it is easier say than to do it ( I am a worrier which drive my hubby crazy this few weeks) but try to keep a +++ mind set and also quoting some ladies mentioned...only need 1 quality golden egg to see the end of the road and success.

Praying for u and all ladies here...not a easy journey we have to go through...stay strong...

Don't bother about the follicles size. And don't compared with each other. Everyone respond diff to the drugs. Leave it to the doctors .. Must have faith in them.. the more u worried , the more stressful it is... Doing ivf , most impt is to relax ... Jia you ladies!

Hi dramaqueenie don't worry. Means there are 3 days to ER. On average follicle grows 1mm per day by then ur follicles shld be quite ok

I did my ovum pick-up this morning. Managed to retrieve 13 eggs!!! I'm really happy for now as this is coming from someone with low AMH / reserve and high cycle cancellation rate. So this goes to show anything is possible sisters. Keeping my fingers crossed for ET on Wed.

Btw, I got my Serum Progesterone levels at 4.18nmol/l on the day of trigger. Does anyone knows how to interpret this? I Google and seems it's kinda high but doc didn't propose for freezing

I did my ovum pick-up this morning. Managed to retrieve 13 eggs!!! I'm really happy for now as this is coming from someone with low AMH / reserve and high cycle cancellation rate. So this goes to show anything is possible sisters. Keeping my fingers crossed for ET on Wed.

Btw, I got my Serum Progesterone levels at 4.18nmol/l on the day of trigger. Does anyone knows how to interpret this? I Google and seems it's kinda high but doc didn't propose for freezing
All the best!!
My Dr said ET is only possible for progesterone level below 5. So dont worry. Take care...

Dear sisters, after my hiccups this morn (waited 3 agonising hrs from 10am - 1pm with full bladder and wanting to move my bowels + famished), I managed to proceed with my embryo transfer. I almost wanted to leave but held on.

Had 13 follicles retrieved, 12 were matured and injectable. 10 fertilised but only 5 became good grade embryos.

There's 2 miracles for me tdy. First miracle, my doc who is adamant abt me agreeing to only 1 embryo transfer, finally agreed to transfer 2, albeit that he spent a good 15 mins in the operating theatre to still convince me otherwise. So 2 embryos transferred and 3 frozen tdy. 2 more still monitoring but chances only 50-50. And final 2 also monitoring but very slim chances.

2nd miracle, was told very unexpectedly that my embryos are all looking nice. There's 2 x grade 5 (4 cells and 2 cells) and 3 x grade 4 (5 cells and 4 cells, last one forgotten). They transferred 1 x grade 5 & 1 x grade 4 (both 4 cells)

I told the embryologist that I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond to stim... She pat me on the shoulder that God heard ur prayers and I nearly tear.

Even though I read that many had failed with even top grade blasts but I'm really happy to make it this far. So don't give up sisters!

Dear sisters, after my hiccups this morn (waited 3 agonising hrs from 10am - 1pm with full bladder and wanting to move my bowels + famished), I managed to proceed with my embryo transfer. I almost wanted to leave but held on.

Had 13 follicles retrieved, 12 were matured and injectable. 10 fertilised but only 5 became good grade embryos.

There's 2 miracles for me tdy. First miracle, my doc who is adamant abt me agreeing to only 1 embryo transfer, finally agreed to transfer 2, albeit that he spent a good 15 mins in the operating theatre to still convince me otherwise. So 2 embryos transferred and 3 frozen tdy. 2 more still monitoring but chances only 50-50. And final 2 also monitoring but very slim chances.

2nd miracle, was told very unexpectedly that my embryos are all looking nice. There's 2 x grade 5 (4 cells and 2 cells) and 3 x grade 4 (5 cells and 4 cells, last one forgotten). They transferred 1 x grade 5 & 1 x grade 4 (both 4 cells)

I told the embryologist that I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond to stim... She pat me on the shoulder that God heard ur prayers and I nearly tear.

Even though I read that many had failed with even top grade blasts but I'm really happy to make it this far. So don't give up sisters!

This seems like your breakthrough! Happy 2WW!!!

This seems like your breakthrough! Happy 2WW!!!

Thanks dear. Still pretty overwhelmed by it all. I'm going to be 40 next Feb and understood that fertility as well as egg quantity / quality declined dramatically after 35.

I was on supplements to address my eggs issues since last Oct. However I didn't keep to taking them religiously and was sick with some ailments every month. So the bulk of it were like take few days but stopped few weeks kind. Was also seeing Dr Zou for acupuncture (not taking TCM herbs) on and off (not regularly too). Theoretically, we are encouraged to take these supplements at least 90 days prior to stim.

When I started stim, I started to take some supplements daily (last min hugged Buddha's legs). Took 2 packs of immunocal initially with 3 eggs white daily. When my readings shown slow growth etc, I started to take 3 packs of immunocal with 4 eggs white daily. Also took royal jelly with bee pollen in pure honey, bee propolis and ubiquinol besides folic acid during my stim. Also drank red raspberry leaf tea until ovum pick-up. During stim, I resume acupuncture with Dr Zou (on stim day 4, 7, 10, trigger day, day after ovum pick-up, will go 3 more times after ET). Actually I thought it's the acupuncture that turned things ard. My first 2 scans were quite depressing actually and my left ovary didn't respond to the stim at all for the first 3 scans! My follicles started to respond better. Maybe it's the increase in Gonal-F from 375 to 450 too. Was given Saizen throughout my stim too. My left ovary started to come to life and produced some more follicles out of the blue!
After ovum pick-up, I only continue with folic acid and ubiquinol.
Sharing with other sisters.

Last edited:
Thanks dear. Still pretty overwhelmed by it all. I'm going to be 40 next Feb and understood that fertility as well as egg quantity / quality declined dramatically after 35.

I was on supplements to address my eggs issues since last Oct. However I didn't keep to taking them religiously and was sick with some ailments every month. So the bulk of it were like take few days but stopped few weeks kind. Was also seeing Dr Zou for acupuncture (not taking TCM herbs) on and off (not regularly too). Theoretically, we are encouraged to take these supplements at least 90 days prior to stim.

When I started stim, I started to take some supplements daily (last min hugged Buddha's legs). Took 2 packs of immunocal initially with 3 eggs white daily. When my readings shown slow growth etc, I started to take 3 packs of immunocal with 4 eggs white daily. Also took royal jelly with bee pollen in pure honey, bee propolis and ubiquinol besides folic acid during my stim. Also drank red raspberry leaf tea until ovum pick-up. During stim, I resume acupuncture with Dr Zou (on stim day 4, 7, 10, trigger day, day after ovum pick-up, will go 3 more times after ET). Actually I thought it's the acupuncture that turned things ard. My first 2 scans were quite depressing actually and my left ovary didn't respond to the stim at all for the first 3 scans! My follicles started to respond better. Maybe it's the increase in Gonal-F from 375 to 450 too. Was given Saizen throughout my stim too. My left ovary started to come to life and produced some more follicles out of the blue!
After ovum pick-up, I only continue with folic acid and ubiquinol.
Sharing with other sisters.
sometimes, other than the things you do, it's the willpower from yourself that turns things around; from -ve to +ve....anyway, don't look back! Look forward to seeing double lines and a high BT reading!

Any sisters see Dr Zou after ET? I went for acu yesterday at 1dp2dt and her assistant continue to place the heating lamp near my tummy. I read womb warming is only up till OPU and to be avoided during 2ww? Kinda concerned. Anyone knows?

Any sisters see Dr Zou after ET? I went for acu yesterday at 1dp2dt and her assistant continue to place the heating lamp near my tummy. I read womb warming is only up till OPU and to be avoided during 2ww? Kinda concerned. Anyone knows?
Ya... That's to help womb to warm up along with the blood circulation..

When I went it's the same too.. :)
No worries k?

Hi, may i know the contact or address of Dr Zuo? And how much is each acupuncture session? Thanks.
Hi, she charges $30 for each acupuncture, $56 for medication that last 7 Days. 1st time registration extra $20. Contact as attached. Can call them up for appointment.

Attachments

• 1442038854294.jpg
    1442038854294.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 398
Urgent advice pls.
Had brownish discharge & pinkish when I wipe. I'm in week 10 now, do I proceed direct to O&G or can ask to see Dr Tan? I'm panic now

Proceed direct to Clinic D? Thanks

I used to call to look for Felicia, asking her if i could hijack his schedule. Then they will check and let me know what time to hijack. If you prefer, can head down directly and just say you walk-in but need to see Dr THH coz of spotting issue.

I used to call to look for Felicia, asking her if i could hijack his schedule. Then they will check and let me know what time to hijack. If you prefer, can head down directly and just say you walk-in but need to see Dr THH coz of spotting issue.
Alrite, thanks.

Hello everyone!
Back again to motherhood forum.
I did my 1st cycle of ivf with Dr Tan HH in 2012, a successful first try. Continued seeing him thruout the pregnancy, got him to deliver my baby too. Then saw him yearly aft tat for annual review. Last was April and he asked if im ready for my 2nd.
So im embarking on my frozen cycle soon. Would anyone know the procedures of FET?
TIA!

Hello everyone!
Back again to motherhood forum.
I did my 1st cycle of ivf with Dr Tan HH in 2012, a successful first try. Continued seeing him thruout the pregnancy, got him to deliver my baby too. Then saw him yearly aft tat for annual review. Last was April and he asked if im ready for my 2nd.
So im embarking on my frozen cycle soon. Would anyone know the procedures of FET?
TIA!

Hi hi ain_wayne

Me too did my first fresh cycle with Dr Tan in Jul 2013 and give birth to in mar 2014.

FET still depend on whether u going medicated or natural. Me this round going for Natural FET. When scanning from last week.

Mense come call up and told me to come on the D10 of the cycle to scanning to see whether ovulating or not. And given the ovulation tester to test.

D10 7/9 4.8mm lining egg 9.5 and 14 blur
D13 10/9 7.3mm lining egg 15.5mm
D15 12/9 8mm lining egg 16.5mm
D17 14/9 9.1mm triple ... Egg dissolve

13/9 tested positive so ovulating soon told the doc on 14/9 after scanning. Got arrange for ET this coming sat. Thaw 6 to try see whether any of them can become blastocyst for transfer.

Oh ya on the last scan 14/9 given medicine... Wed start insert 3 times a day till ET. Was told not to fast after 11.30pm fri to ET. No food but water ok.

Cost of FET is about $2700. Subsidy is about 1.2k and the rest can use medisave to pay...

Hope this info helps you....

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, starting my first fresh cycle under THH next month. Can i check if any of u went for any acupuncture sessions before and after ET for successful and BFP?

Dear sisters who had experienced bleeding / AF prior to ur beta test, do you get them just before or close to ur AF due day?
Is the flow same like ur usual menstrual flow or is it heavier or lighter than usual? Did they last the usual amount of days too? Or also longer or heavier?
Just to gather some feedbacks from sisters here.
Am having some blood flow now. Started with minimal brown spotting that turned into red full flow the next day. Tdy is day 3 of red flow. Yesterday and tdy, red flow has reduced to half a pad or palm size volume but with dark blood clots that doc says it's old blood.
Tdy is 9dp2dt. Spotting started on the night of 6dp2dt. My beta is on 25/9.
TIA

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, starting my first fresh cycle under THH next month. Can i check if any of u went for any acupuncture sessions before and after ET for successful and BFP?

I did regular acupuncture during stim after OPU and 3 times after transfer. Was having some OHSS symptoms and felt really exhausted having to drag my body out every other day. I didn't get to rest n relax. Maybe that's why I'm having red bleeding for 3 days now. Jts. There are however many sisters who did acupuncture and managed to BFP.
All the best!

Last edited:
I did regular acupuncture during stim after OPU and 3 times after transfer. Was having some OHSS symptoms and felt really exhausted having to drag my body out every other day. I didn't have get to rest n relax. Maybe that's why I'm having red bleeding for 3 days now. Jts. There are however many sisters who did acupuncture and managed to BFP.
All the best!
Hi dramaqueenie
Thanks for replying.. why you din get to rest and relax? hope u are feeling better :D all the best to u too!!!

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone here drink DOM during the stim period onwards? Is it ok to drink DOM every night or alternate nights?

Back